X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
    Interesting point on Prime Time.

That in 2008 AIB had a solvency problem and we bailed them out under the guise of a liquidity problem and that now there is a danger that Ireland are in the same position as AIB (i.e insolvent) except we're being bailed out by the IMF
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxDJAykpCgI[/ame]
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Nobody told me when to wait until with regard to buying a house yet....I'm clueless with this shit so any tips?

Comment

Lets start our own country

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
          Madrid sending offs on SS2 now, if you want to laugh.
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnVSEV7EPVQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQIrje0dgns[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
            We'll call it New Ireland.............Oh wait.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ireland_(island)

Comment

Nah, heading off to set up your own place when the establishment is annoying you has never ever worked before, anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Nobody told me when to wait until with regard to buying a house yet....I'm clueless with this shit so any tips?
                In this country? Years most likely. Even if RD's worst predictions don't come to pass, the bottom of the market will only come after the whole NAMA thingy has run it's course.

Buy a castle in France and commute, or get a job there
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Jesus Raoul could you at least post something uplifting every now and again???
                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  sorry, I know it comes across that way

unfortunately there's not really any good news here at the moment! At least we don't live next door to North Korea
                  Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Dont get me wrong your posts are great and very insightful for us who dont venture much outside the BBV for news etc but how about every 25/30 posts a picture of some hot chicks that was funny or some anecdote?

Im only messing by the way I gauge the kind of epic shitstorm we are in when you are posting past working hours
                  LOL Danny, nice attempt at hiding your rampant posting of bad news elsewhere on the net

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Comment

When we are in our new currency, interest rates are in double figures and we have non recourse lending and three year bankruptcy. Then fill your boots.
                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 23-11-10, 23:00.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Raoul Duke, get yourself some happy pills man.

We might be in the shit but you sound like a man heading for a premature heart attack.

Take a deep breath, hotspur may have been posting tongue in cheek but he's right.
                      I'm sure you have alot to be grateful for, enjoy your wife and kids and remember how very lucky you are compared to many.

Join us the odd evening for tunes, women and shite talk, you won't regret it.

The only bailout talk that should be allowed in the BBV at night is that runner runner to scoop, now that's a proper bailout.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1NAGhiVqdg&feature=list_related&playnext= 1&list=MLGxdCwVVULXd4G9JpsDT792cVUpYVspjL[/ame]
                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                        Haven't had time to follow the thread over the last few days so don't know what the general view is, but the IMF are coming across highly impressively so far.

- Reduction in social welfare amount based on time the person has spent on the dole
                        - Reduction in penalty tax paid by women in dual income households to encourage them into the workforce, and compensating them by improving child care
                        - Force the opening up of ridiculously anti-competitive services like pharmacies and legal services

Not sure why the fck they wouldn't just solve a problem for us all and register as a political party in the country. A+ so far though.
                        Cut the fucking tax for everyone and encourage us all to work would be even better.
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Lads any of the Iphone heads out there? Lazare? NewApproach? Finkel?

Got a new 3gs off the birds sister. All she's done with it is register it in her name with Itunes and added a song or two. Is it as simple as a factory reset to wipe her from it completely? Whats the norm when people buy a 2nd hand Iphone.

Cheers for any help.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Somebody told me long ago not to worry about things you have no control over, waste of time. How true they were.

I am happy tonight.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                LOL Danny, nice attempt at hiding your rampant posting of bad news elsewhere on the net

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/acc...irish-bank-run
                                Nooooo ive been found out, passing off Raouls work as my own
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I've found the safe bank

Though this would be more suitable for RD
                                  Hollandia, a leader in sleep system innovation and design, originally developed the SAFE-T Bed for an international customer who wanted to keep a handgun safely stored yet close to him in bed for security purposes. http://www.hollandiainternational.co...s-releases.asp

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

also lol at the mood on here; nearly worst than thepropertypin
                                      I'm in good form. I think Glyn is too. I'm down 75 now though. Stupid check calling fish at a table of rocks

Comment

Hey Solksjaer, take a look at the ancient Chelsea lineup tonight!

World beaters.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                          Nah, heading off to set up your own place when the establishment is annoying you has never ever worked before, anywhere.
                                          Thanks whore.

Comment

That's why I can't understand all the people saying they're voting for Labour and SF. wtf? both those parties favour a tax on success at the expense of protecting unions and state spending.

I'm definitely voting FG in the hopes of a FG overall majority. Really don't want an extreme left-wing party in power that views hard work as indicative of being a 'fat cat'. (might feel a bit sick voting for FG though, but its for the greater good)
                                            Apart from Ho Chi Minh labour offer nothing.

A rump FF and FG should be the next govt but too much bullshit for it to happen.
                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 23-11-10, 23:11.

Comment

ugh, tryin to avoid news on tv and the net cause it's just all negative and i prefer to be happy, but just one thing, i get that people are tryin to get their money out of banks and that (but i'm busto so no worries there ) - but whats the craic with saving bonds/certificates - are they safe?

Remember guys, more to life than Money

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Got a new 3gs off the birds sister. All she's done with it is register it in her name with Itunes and added a song or two. Is it as simple as a factory reset to wipe her from it completely? Whats the norm when people buy a 2nd hand Iphone.

Cheers for any help.
                                                Jeez man, I'm not 100% sure, I can't imagine it would be too much hassle, although apple are notorious bastards when it comes to such things.

Hope the other lads can help.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Especially for The Duke.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnp4kj5lLOU[/ame]
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                    ugh, tryin to avoid news on tv and the net cause it's just all negative and i prefer to be happy, but just one thing, i get that people are tryin to get their money out of banks and that (but i'm busto so no worries there ) - but whats the craic with saving bonds/certificates - are they safe?

Remember guys, more to life than Money
                                                    Which post office branch?

Comment

Very cheap router on ibood.ie at the minute includes a usb wifi adapter too for €19.95.

Definitely suitable for Damo or somebody else that was looking to boost their range/signal.

Comment

Change the thread title to The Sunshine and Lollipops forum.
                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

A little ditty to cheer you all up, plus I've od'd ob cheeze n wine
                                                          How lucky we are

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fg7w49UnGA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fg7w49UnGA[/ame]

Comment

I'm with Buffett, Be greedy when others get scared

If you're lucky enough to be able to buy without borrowing much,then you will never get a better time then now imo.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              Which post office branch?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zx27dP1mTg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVnE3HHbaQo&feature=fvst[/ame]
                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                  I'm with Buffett, Be greedy when others get scared

If you're lucky enough to be able to buy without borrowing much,then you will never get a better time then now imo.
                                                                  Seriously? How about next week? How about next year?Btw Buffet took his medicine and got out of irish banks and the irish economy over two years ago. Not every disaster zone is a buying opportunity.
                                                                  Last edited by V for Vendetta; 23-11-10, 23:36.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                    lol that was epic stuff and the handshake aswell from Ramos
                                                                    Would be even more epic if they got handed 3 game bans for it.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US1S7OhbmQA&feature=fvw[/ame]

Comment

The next government will be a coalition of FG, Labour and Sinn Fein. Thankfully they'll have their hands almost completely tied so they won't be able to do too much damage. I'm also expecting Joe Duffy to run for office in Dublin North West and be appointed Taoiseach.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Seriously? How about next week? How about next year?
                                                                          Well,I'm just an average punter and I defer to you guys working in finance but I just feel that alot of people are terrified (unjustly imo) at the moment.

The thing that scares people the most is uncertainty and that's at it's peak at the moment.I'm not saying that things are not going to get any worse,just that the unknown unknowns are greatest now.

Comment

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost....03&postcount=1 in the running for post of the day over on the other place, for the tubridy cartoon from last night

Got a follow up based on todays you laugh you lose thread on its way.. lol Im such a thanks whore
                                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by cuterob View Post
                                                                              There's a classical song stuck in my head and i am going out of mind trying to remember back to music class and the name of the damn thing.. i need help!! the lead instrument plying the melody is flute i think.. happy song so it's major i presume.. the melody line is 5 descending notes like a scale with 2 notes coming back up at the end of each line.. completely vague question i know lol
                                                                              Mozarts Queen of the night aria maybe
                                                                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ODfuMMyss[/ame]
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Well,I'm just an average punter and I defer to you guys working in finance but I just feel that alot of people are terrified (unjustly imo) at the moment.

The thing that scares people the most is uncertainty and that's at it's peak at the moment.I'm not saying that things are not going to get any worse,just that the unknown unknowns are greatest now.
                                                                                Ah jaysus. I'd prop bet you I'd be robbing you.

Comment

Ah jaysus. I'd prop bet you I'd be robbing you.
                                                                                  V for V = Jesus

Raoul = Liam

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsogswrH6ck[/ame]

Comment

V for V = Jesus

Raoul = Liam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsogswrH6ck
                                                                                    Shut the fuck up Donny.

Comment

Defo wouldn't be touching houses for a while yet. I still think houses have a good bit more to drop though as banks will likely have to tighten lending up even more.

It scares me how likely it is that some sort of SF/Labour/Independent coalition can make goverment. I guess the IMF imposed conditions would be somewhat restrictive on policy, but still, they're clearly not people you want in charge of a country. Pretty damaging economically.

Can't believe no party has suggested just defaulting though. Surely the option? Surely we don't want to borrow at 5%? And surely because it would be so bad for the euro if we do default, and we prefer defaulting to 5% loans, then we have the stick? So how are we paying 5%? We should be able to get away with the absolute minimum interest as a payment for not defaulting and spreading the contagion.
                                                                                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

also lol at the mood on here; nearly worst than thepropertypin
                                                                                        If you think its bad here, I hope you werent watching the Vincent Browne show tonight

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                          Surely the option? Surely we don't want to borrow at 5%? And surely because it would be so bad for the euro if we do default, and we prefer defaulting to 5% loans, then we have the stick? So how are we paying 5%? We should be able to get away with the absolute minimum interest as a payment for not defaulting and spreading the contagion.
                                                                                          Boom - Correct, and that's actually why EU was panicking over last few weeks imo. This sums it up excellently

That blog has lots of good realistic (probably pessimistic, but more grounded than CT) outlook on the whole situation and is fairly useful to bookmark btw. Here's another excellent post on the matter

This is going to be seriously interesting to follow imo, Student Debt is almost certainly the next most toxic debt, especially in recessionary times! All these graduating lawyers and dentists with no jobs to get into, and huge debts which require servicing soon enough. Overall, the US system is a scam, and it seems as though the pyramid scheme is hitting the end of its track..

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                            The next government will be a coalition of FG, Labour and Sinn Fein. Thankfully they'll have their hands almost completely tied so they won't be able to do too much damage. I'm also expecting Joe Duffy to run for office in Dublin North West and be appointed Taoiseach.
                                                                                            lol the damage has all ready been done by bertie and biffo. P:

not by who gonna get in next. but people in ireland are so bad most TD are going to get in again lol

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Cheers for any help.
                                                                                              Haven't a clue personally as I've never done it, but the google machine says this:

To restore iPhone and reset the phone to default factory settings, follow these steps:

Turn off iPhone – Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the red slider. Ignore this step if your iPhone is already off.
                                                                                              Press and hold down the Home button for about 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with a text which says Please Connect to iTunes appears.

Plug the iPhone into Mac or Windows PC. Release the button if you haven’t.
                                                                                              Run and open iTunes if it’s not already opened yet.
                                                                                              iTunes will prompt a message that says iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Click OK.
                                                                                              You will be taken to the iPhone pane. Then, click on Restore.
                                                                                              Wait for the full restoration process to complete, and the iPhone will be back to the original settings state as when it left the manufacturing factory, typically a working phone again if you face any problem, unless it’s hardware related.
                                                                                              mydigitallife.info is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, mydigitallife.info has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

RDIII/Anyone else,

I must have missed everyone talking about this Keytrade online bank thing. Whats the story with it? Is it 100% safe, and if the situation arises will our bankroll be kept in Good Euro's rather than punt nua/bad euros if we left it in Ireland?

Any other good reasons for moving money there?

Comment

Defo wouldn't be touching houses for a while yet. I still think houses have a good bit more to drop though as banks will likely have to tighten lending up even more.

It scares me how likely it is that some sort of SF/Labour/Independent coalition can make goverment. I guess the IMF imposed conditions would be somewhat restrictive on policy, but still, they're clearly not people you want in charge of a country. Pretty damaging economically.

Can't believe no party has suggested just defaulting though. Surely the option? Surely we don't want to borrow at 5%? And surely because it would be so bad for the euro if we do default, and we prefer defaulting to 5% loans, then we have the stick? So how are we paying 5%? We should be able to get away with the absolute minimum interest as a payment for not defaulting and spreading the contagion.
                                                                                                  We want to be respected too much. It takes balls to tell the EU to go whistle for it. In some ways having Sinn Fein driving the bus would have merit as I've said before. Unfortunately they'd fuck everything else up.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                    RDIII/Anyone else,

I must have missed everyone talking about this Keytrade online bank thing. Whats the story with it? Is it 100% safe, and if the situation arises will our bankroll be kept in Good Euro's rather than punt nua/bad euros if we left it in Ireland?

Any other good reasons for moving money there?
                                                                                                    Realistically, only people who have Dolla Dolla Baby, should be worried about this in the slightest.
                                                                                                    like this guy
                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                    .

And realistically, anyone with enough €€€ that would have cause to be worried, should not have had them resting in a deposit account, or even in a savings account!

Nothing wrong with opening an account, for piece of mind and all that jazz, but I think we may be fanning the flames of a domestic bank run, which is pretty much completely against what we* need!

* - Ireland

Comment

NSFW

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Last edited by Lao Lao; 24-11-10, 01:11.

Comment

Was just reading an article on why we should be defaulting rather than accepting the bailout.

Bust Is Better Than a Bailout

This is also interesting.

Opr
                                                                                                        Last edited by Opr; 24-11-10, 00:27.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                          Haven't a clue personally as I've never done it, but the google machine says this:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...recovery-mode/
                                                                                                          Ty Conor.

Comment

Lao Lao, Lloyd is gonna smack you with a banhammer if you don't spoiler that!

Comment

WTF is that gif?

Comment

toodleooo lao lao

Comment

...

Comment

TBF, North Korea might have a point..
                                                                                                                    President Barack Obama condemns North Korea's shelling of South Korean territory and says the US is committed to defending South Korea.
                                                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Shipped a ticket for the Fitz M/E this weekend...

SPOILER

+ the B-Team mtt. Unfortunately didn't make enough monies to bail us out yet.
                                                                                                                      It's all an illusion

Comment

They're saving this one for 4 years time when our unattainable financial goals haven't been reached and the economy has shrunk to 1/3 of it's peak size. When Portugal, Greece et al still aren't out of the woods and bond rates are still uncomfortably high, then we can pull this trick. If it comes down to a choice between dissolving the Euro and letting us pay what we can afford, they'll choose wisely. We are after all just a drop in the pond when the whole of Europe is taken into account.
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X