Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in light of recent success on here i have funded my pp a/c and put 10ew on fools wildcat

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Cool song, really cool video...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRhUIJextp8[/ame]
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        Hmmm more alien movies im a sucker for this shit!

It stars Aaron Eckhart/Michael Pena/Bridget Moynahan but does have Michelle Rodriguez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ9DfKbSBtA
        Another similar one coming,Skyline.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDJfue-Aanw[/ame]
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
          Another similar one coming,Skyline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDJfue-Aanw
          It was released today, wanted to go see it but ended up going to see Due Date, really funny

Kinda tilts me when people go "its no Hangover" eh it has nothing to do with it you idiot!
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

wtf is up with Sky Text now?! so so tilting :|

Comment

As I said earlier, Little bug e/w in the 9:25 in Dundalk. Fill your boots.

Zero science behind it mind.
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Just watching Take Me Out on TV3

Dumb blonde turns off her light so he asks her why.

"He's a little bit phisa...siffa....sufssa.....sophisti..cated for me"

Comment

Denny Crane, still undefeated.

Comment

Daywalkers are getting into Dublin Zoo for free!!

this is how it begins....
                      hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Just watching Take Me Out on TV3

Dumb blonde turns off her light so he asks her why.

"He's a little bit phisa...siffa....sufssa.....sophisti..cated for me"
                        I know someone on the show, used her name ringing the papers saying I have a scoop about her and Ray Foley. They were all for it and would pay a few quid. Pity I had no scoop, should have made something up.

Comment

Bubbleking on Take Me Out

Comment

LOL Tony, was just about to post the exact same thing

Comment

i wouldnt wear a blazer with a t-shirt

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                As I said earlier, Little bug e/w in the 9:25 in Dundalk. Fill your boots.

Zero science behind it mind.
                                lol, Well done he was something like 18/1 on betfair when I looked.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                  i wouldnt wear a blazer with a t-shirt
                                  And shame on you if you swaggered in like he did! Cool tattoo though!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    What's the legal definition of man slaughter?

The above would not fit into my thinking
                                    Basically murder is a specific intent offence. That means in order to commit it you have to intend to commit it. You must have formed the intent to end the person's life.

Manslaughter is where you commit an act and are reckless as to whether or not the person will die as a result but you don't specifically intend death as the consequence.

It's an incredibly blurred line but murder is almost impossible to prove in most cases so manslaughter verdicts are more common as you can charge someone with murder but they can still be convicted of manslaughter.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    law and order

just reading the IT there and there's a story on the second page about a guy who got convicted of manslaughter after ramming a guy's car, dragging him out, attacking him with a machete and then driving over him

the judge gave him nine years

here's the bit that I thought interesting:

the guy's a recidivist violent criminal, surely it's irresponsible NOT to take his previous form into consideration? Kayroo?
                                    Taking previous convictions into account is immensely tricky and anything I write here will be "TL;DR" so I've here is a link to a case (People (DPP) -v- K(G) 2008 IECCA 110) where the court looked at the issue.

Should make interesting reading. It's pretty short too (for a Supreme Court judgment.) It's the SC with their Court of Criminal Appeal hat on.
                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      You get sent a text which will ask you "What are you doing right now?" and you choose from 22 types of activities. You are also asked "How are you feeling right now?" on a scale of 0 (bad) to 100 (good). You are also asked "Are you thinking about something other than what you're currently doing?" which is with one of four options: no; yes,
                                      something pleasant; yes, something neutral; or yes, something unpleasant.

edit: and then your information over time gets compiled to show which activities you actually feel most positively during. It is interesting to note that we can be as bad at predicting that as we are at predicting probability.
                                      Sounds like a load of horse crap and very unscientific to me.

Opr

Comment

does anyone else think that the start of the nintendo wii add where the 4 guys are chopping onions or something, looks like 4 lads from cork coming back from london on an aerlingus flight

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          LOL Tony, was just about to post the exact same thing
                                          Well what about that blonde?

Glasgow boy on, and they ask some chick why her light is still on.

"Glasgow's in England isn't, coz i like English guys"

Where the fck do they get these people from

Comment

Get in DannyD, only have a fiver ew but feck it a wins a win!!

Wheres that Finkle!?

Comment

That girl in yellow looks like a fake tanned incredible hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                does anyone else think that the start of the nintendo wii add where the 4 guys are chopping onions or something, looks like 4 lads from cork coming back from london on an aerlingus flight
                                                It's JLS. Funny that they get an alleged gay group to do that ad, and then get them to do a wanking game...especially the guy on the end

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yP6Ua_SNME[/ame]

Comment

It definitely doesn't look like four guys from Cork anyway.

Comment

It's JLS. Funny that they get an alleged gay group to do that ad, and then get them to do a wanking game...especially the guy on the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yP6Ua_SNME
                                                    was thinking they looked familiar allright

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                      It definitely doesn't look like four guys from Cork anyway.
                                                      might have been liam prendergasts 4 adopted childern

Comment

Fcuking doctor had to wait until 9pm to come in and tell me I wasnt going home from the hospital (and theres me all packed ready for road). So not only am i gutted to now miss the IPB game tomorrow, but she also tells me that theres absolutely no way I'll be going to malta next week for the EMOP. Theres just no way of describing how disappointed I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          is that really enough? would you not be a bit skeptical about how meaningful that is?
                                                          At the individual level it's probably not going to be that earth shattering, but the methodology of experience sampling can highlight things that other methods can't. The question is are we doing the things which we get the most positive experiences out of or are we doing things that we merely believe we get positive things out of.

The guy who created the methodology is Csikszentmihalyi who is responsible for the concept of flow.
                                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXIeFJCqsPs[/ame]

So we might engage in activities thinking we enjoy them but really we don't get nearly as much out of them as we might imagine if we actually assess in real time how we are feeling during it. TV might be good for relaxation, but it's rarely good for more than that and it gets overused, likewise the Interweb. They are things we are skilled in but low challenge activities. Thus they are not all that enjoyable.

I would suggest that if by magic you could have given to you a complete and accurate breakdown of exactly how positively or negatively you experienced every activity you engaged in over a period of time that the results would be such that you would choose to change your behaviour going forward.

Comment

I hate being the guy who knows about computers, so many stupid calls and texts. Just got this of my sister (txt spk corrected) "hey Marias computer is really slow, would it be her itunes because she said she has thousands of songs, or is it her broadband?"
                                                            I just said "I don't know, could be."

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                              Fcuking doctor had to wait until 9pm to come in and tell me I wasnt going home from the hospital (and theres me all packed ready for road). So not only am i gutted to now miss the IPB game tomorrow, but she also tells me that theres absolutely no way I'll be going to malta next week for the EMOP. Theres just no way of describing how disappointed I am.
                                                              Wow Connie that's some pretty bad news. That's a helluva long stint in hospital and gutted you're missing the Malta EMOP. Get well soon

Comment

Hard to believe my two lads are 4 and 8 on Sunday the years are flying by to quick.
                                                                I better not be hungover on Sunday from the IPB poker/drinks.

Comment

That sucks Connie, sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                    lol, Well done he was something like 18/1 on betfair when I looked.

Opr

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                    Get in DannyD, only have a fiver ew but feck it a wins a win!!
                                                                    Get the fk in Little Bug.

You could count the number of horsie bets i've had on one hand for the last 2 years but after showing the faith in Zod earlier, we were freerolling.

I went to look at the card for the 9:25 race and had decided to back number 4 regardless, just playing the rush.

My first BBV horse tip and I think i'll be retiring with a 100% record and a 12/1 shot.

N1 Percy and I hope you were on Opr!

Up a monkey from the horses today, back into retirement I go.

Comment

Ah bollox Connie, so sorry to hear that. I'll give you a shout in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                        Hard to believe my two lads are 4 and 8 on Sunday
                                                                        That's some good planning.
                                                                        You're in logistics right?

Comment

going forward.
                                                                          Ban imo
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Hard to believe my two lads are 4 and 8 on Sunday the years are flying by to quick.
                                                                            I better not be hungover on Sunday from the IPB poker/drinks.
                                                                            My 2 lads are 5 and 8, we should have a beer and a chat Fran, we can compare notes!

Comment

At the individual level it's probably not going to be that earth shattering, but the methodology of experience sampling can highlight things that other methods can't. The question is are we doing the things which we get the most positive experiences out of or are we doing things that we merely believe we get positive things out of.

So we might engage in activities thinking we enjoy them but really we don't get nearly as much out of them as we might imagine if we actually assess in real time how we are feeling during it. TV might be good for relaxation, but it's rarely good for more than that and it gets overused, likewise the Interweb. They are things we are skilled in but low challenge activities. Thus they are not all that enjoyable.

I would suggest that if by magic you could have given to you a complete and accurate breakdown of exactly how positively or negatively you experienced every activity you engaged in over a period of time that the results would be such that you would choose to change your behaviour going forward.
                                                                              The point isn't whether the data would be useful when collated and analysed over a large sample. The actual data collected imo is rubbish and has very little meaning. Asking someone to judge level of happiness is generally going to get a completely arbitrary response.

Your question about are we doing the things which we get the most positive experiences out of or are we doing things that we merely believe we get positive things out of ? If someone believes they derive happiness from walking the dog they are going to answer the text with a high level of happiness because they have no way to measure it.

The base scale on which someone judges their level of happiness will depend on other external factors. I actually feel silly pointing out these individual fallacies as their as so many I can't see the data collected having any meaning.

Opr

Comment

Hotspur, please study the effects of this song on depression.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z66wVo7uNw[/ame]

I believe they would mostly nullify the effects of being in a bad mood!

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                  That's what we Logistics Profesionals do, My Wife's birthday and our wedding anniverisary, both on the 3rd of Sept! Planning FTW obv

Comment

Chin up Connie, health first and everything else second. Hope all is ok.

Comment

Another query for the BBV.

I will possibly have a medical next Wednesday for a job. I'm getting the fight on the box tomorrow night and having a game of cards after it with a few lads over.

A couple of them always enjoy a few "smokes" during the game and sometimes the room gets a bit cloudy.

As its passive smoke should I worry about this affecting the results of the medical?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                        My 2 lads are 5 and 8, we should have a beer and a chat Fran, we can compare notes!
                                                                                        Well man up the fuck with your girly flu and your 500 large and i will see you in the pub tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                          Hell yeah all planning with me, whats even better work the dates 9 months back.....i am a one trip pony!!

SPOILER
                                                                                          Valentines Day

Comment

Question for the BBV if someone called to your house at like 9.25pm would you consider that to late to be calling on someone's house??

Comment

Hell yeah all planning with me, whats even better work the dates 9 months back.....i am a one trip pony!!

SPOILER
                                                                                              Valentines Day
                                                                                              Put it on the cv imo.

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                              Question for the BBV if someone called to your house at like 9.25pm would you consider that to late to be calling on someone's house??

I'd be surprised because no one has called unannounced since mobile phones became commonplace.

Comment

Someone selling something? Any time after 8 is considered very unreasonable.
                                                                                                If its someone calling for a visit, then it depends on who they are and your stance on it.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Valentines Day
                                                                                                  But you didn't do that for the 3rd one?

Comment

UFC 122 on tomorrow, but on a lesser note, Super Owen Roddy from Ballymun fighting for the title in Cage Contender VII in Belfast tomorrow. Crush em Owen!

Comment

Depends close friends/family or randomer?

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post

I will possibly have a medical next Wednesday for a job. I'm getting the fight on the box tomorrow night and having a game of cards after it with a few lads over.

A couple of them always enjoy a few "smokes" during the game and sometimes the room gets a bit cloudy.

As its passive smoke should I worry about this affecting the results of the medical?
                                                                                                        This is possibly the silliest thing I've read all year.

Comment

Depends who it is.

Dominos - no

Milkman - yes

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                            The point isn't whether the data would be useful when collated and analysed over a large sample. The actual data collected imo is rubbish and has very little meaning. Asking someone to judge level of happiness is generally going to get a completely arbitrary response.

Your question about are we doing the things which we get the most positive experiences out of or are we doing things that we merely believe we get positive things out of ? If someone believes they derive happiness from walking the dog they are going to answer the text with a high level of happiness because they have no way to measure it.

The base scale on which someone judges their level of happiness will depend on other external factors. I actually feel silly pointing out these individual fallacies as their as so many I can't see the data collected having any meaning.

Opr

People aren't being asked about their level of happiness, they are being asked how they are feeling right now on a negative-positive scale of 0-100. So they being asked about current positive emotion, not the more complex and multifaceted concept of happiness.

Within positive psychology happiness or well being is considered to be a founded on these pillars:

So while you are correct that asking people about their "happiness" without operationalising the construct would lead to arbitrary and not very useful answers it is important to realise that this is not what people are being asked in this study. They are being asked to rate how they are currently feeling. Positive emotion is just one component of happiness. But this is not a happiness study.

In respect of the discrepancy I mentioned between how much people think they tend to enjoy something and how much they actually do in the experiencing itself I think it's important to understand the differences between memory and experiencing as explained by Daniel Kahneman here:
                                                                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgRlrBl-7Yg[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                              horse racing tip for any interested:

Eyre Square 3.25 at Newcastle, should be about 11/2
                                                                                                              Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                              Surely we have to back this one later?

20:30
                                                                                                              16 Run Bookings At Dundalkstadium.com Rated Race
                                                                                                              Class , £10500.00 added, 3yo plus, £7246.00 penalty 1m 4f
                                                                                                              Back to Top

Form Horse Trainer Age Wgt Jockey
                                                                                                              1(9) 222186 Maal (IRE) D Marnane 7 9 9 C O'Donoghue
                                                                                                              2(2) 222314 Denny Crane E Lynam 4 9 6 W M Lordan

TYTYTYTYTYTY

Thanks to these two early gems I banked a €2k profit today, would have been more had I been on earlier this evening for the Little Bug treatment but I'm not going to be greedy
                                                                                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                Ban imo
                                                                                                                Hah. No idea why I used the phrase going forward. Almost certainly a first for me, and probably the result of reading that leaving work letter from PWC guy on here with the wankerous corporate phrases in it

Comment

'wankerous' more than makes up imo

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                                                                    This is possibly the silliest thing I've read all year.
                                                                                                                    Honestly, its a genuine question. I sometimes feel stoned from spending a few hours in the room with them.

Do you just think its stupid because yes it will show up, or "no you imbicile thats OMG LOL you tard for thinking that it would!!!"?

Edit: actually Morihei, do you know me personally as I just looked back at a rulings thread I made and it was full of smart/snide comments from you?
                                                                                                                    Last edited by bantee; 12-11-10, 23:06.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Valentines Day

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      My wedding anniversary ! I am such a romantic...
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

You'll be grand, passive smoke like that usually only stays in the system for a day or so, and even for that to occur the house would nearly have to look like it's on fire.

Good luck in getting the job.

Comment

Honestly, its a genuine question. I sometimes feel stoned from spending a few hours in the room with them.

Do you just think its stupid because yes it will show up, or "no you imbicile thats OMG LOL you tard for thinking that it would!!!"?
                                                                                                                          You will have levels in your body as a result of it but it won't be close to enough to fail a drugs test if that's what you are thinking about.

To be honest I'm not sure why anyone would consider it a stupid question one way or the other. This very question has been the subject of a variety of scientific studies over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X