• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol new tagline for someone is there?
    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
      I have 10 if you wanna play a game or two of that? I'm reluctant to upgrade
      ditto to 10
      11 just scares me
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

dont really wana get up and change the disc tbh im a vegetable

Comment

It's been a bad 24 hours in here all told.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo
            ya, you always announce yourself before you suck out on me
            If its the time I am thinking of I think I got it in good against you then you sucked out against me and binked the 3/4 outer on the end.

Comment

This is what happens when CHD isn't around.
              We turn into a bunch of savages, SAVAGES.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                It's been a bad 24 hours in here all told and people will have to be punished
                Lloyds back, watch out Ace and CHD

Comment

Lloyd is now Ace, Mellor, CHD and Emmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                    This is what happens when CHD isn't around.
                    We turn into a bunch of savages, SAVAGES.
                    True, he's the real "Voice of Reason".

Comment

Onto something completely different...

Anyone know if it's possible for change the settings in Skype so when you open a conversation with someone it doesn't show the previous conversation you had in it's entirety, but doing this WITHOUT preventing it from keeping a permanent record of the conversation elsewhere?

Essentially when I open a new conversation with someone I want the screen to be blank, but I do want it to have a history file where it records all the conversations if I ever want to go back to it. At the moment it seems you can either have no history at all or have it all displayed when you open up anyones conversation window.

Admittedly this is a very very minor irritation, but if anyone knows a quick solution it'd be handy.
                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                        Lloyds back, watch out Ace and CHD
                        Take finkel,give back CHD.
                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                          Take finkel,give back CHD.
                          Your top of my slowrolling list at the IPB game

Comment

Nice Work Roadsweeper. WP

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASF4gOWhN1c[/ame]
                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Your top of my slowrolling list at the IPB game
                                We'll have to figure out some kind of last longest,sig's or some shit,I can't afford real money.

Comment

Barry's or Fitz freezeout tonight?
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                    We'll have to figure out some kind of last longest,sig's or some shit,I can't afford real money.
                                    I'm obv the bookies favourite for this event as I'll be the best player in the place. Unless I get horrible dogged I'll win

Comment

pretty dismal outlook

Comment

Dom bans Angry Ball for a day, Lloyd bans CHD for a day. And youse all thought I was the over strict one!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          Dom bans Angry Ball for a day, Lloyd bans CHD for a day. And youse all thought I was the over strict one!
                                          Don't go blaming Angry Ball on me you avoiding twat. I did no banning.

L-dawg did both of them.

All those posts moved to a new thread anyways.

Comment

I thought Llyod banned them both??
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

When is the walking dead on? And what channel?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                variance: on 20mg Lexapro, not having much effect yet (Doctor said it wouldn't work for a week anyway)
                                                brag: my iron constitution has protected me from most of the worse side effects.
                                                Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                Public enemy number one and freelance terrorist Ace is being relentlessly pursued by FBI agent Emmet ), whose little son, Michael Emmet, was killed years earlier at an amusement park during an attempt by Troy to kill Emmet, who barely survived with a chest wound. Ace is recorded in the FBI files to have a whole list of terrorism-related offences, including bombings and political assassinations. The FBI receives information that Ace's brother Bubbleking has chartered a plane at a Los Angeles airport, and Emmet knows the Troy brothers well enough to guess that Bubbleking "doesn't fly without big brother!" Emmet leads an FBI team in chasing the plane down a runway and is able to shoot out one of the engines. Unable to take off, Ace kills both the pilot and one of Emmet's agents, then crashes the plane into a hangar. In the ensuing chaos, which leaves several FBI agents wounded or dead, Bubbleking is captured by the Feds and Ace is knocked into a coma after bragging to Emmet about a biological bomb that will destroy Los Angeles.

Emmet initially believes Ace was bluffing, but after the FBI finds schematics for the bomb on a disk recovered from Bubbleking's briefcase, Emmet realizes that the threat is genuine. Although he learns the date of the bombing from several of Ace's henchmen, including Ace's bomb supplier CHD, Emmet is unable to find any information about the location of the bomb itself, except for the date. Knowing that the only way to obtain the location is from Ace's brother, Bubbleking, Emmet's colleagues, Ste05 and Flushdraw, present him with a top-secret mission and convince him to undergo a surgical procedure to temporarily take Ace's face and pose as Ace in order to gain information about the bomb from Bubbleking. Though the time-period is never specified in the film and largely implied to be the present, the technology shown here and later in the prison is partially anachronistic, contrasting with the technology used in the rest of the film. Flushdraw tells him that it's a secret mission, strictly off the book and he must never tell GhostfaceSte and his family about this. Emmet eventually agrees to undergo the procedure to be Ace.

After the procedure, arrangements are made for Emmet (as Ace) to be incarcerated with Bubbleking at the Erehwon Penitentiary (Erehwon being "nowhere" spelled backwards), where he convinces Bubbleking that he is Ace and learns the bomb's location. Meanwhile, Ace unexpectedly awakens from his coma (it is implied this is a result of shock from the trauma of the surgery) and, realizing what has happened, calls his men to kidnap Hitchhiker's guide..., the doctor who performed the surgery. He then forces Hitchhiker's guide... to give him Emmet's face.

Ace (as Emmet) then visits Emmet (as Ace) at Erehwon prison. Ace tells the shocked Emmet about how he killed Walsh, Ste05 and Flushdraw, how he destroyed all evidence of their face-swap, and his plan to abuse Emmet's job and make love to his wife. Ace has the FBI negotiate a deal with Bubbleking for his release in return for revealing the bomb's location (which is at the Los Angeles Convention Center). Ace then proceeds to disarm the bomb and revels in praise from his colleagues and the media, having informed his brother that they are "going straight", meaning they will use Emmet's identity and influence to their advantage and for their own purposes. Ironically, given Ace's gregarious, irreverent nature and off-beat sense of humor, he becomes more popular at work than the real Emmet was due to his impatience and bad tempered nature by spoiling every victory celebrations with reminders of the lives that they had cost or nearly costed.

After Ace's disarmament of the bomb, Emmet escapes from Erehwon prison, which is revealed to be inside an offshore oil platform in the Pacific Ocean, and swims to shore. Some time later, Emmet visits Dietrich and successfully fools him and the rest of Ace's men into thinking that he is the real Ace. Emmet then asks CHD for help killing Ace (as Emmet).

By this point, both men have begun to see firsthand how their hatred for one another affects each other's close ones. As Emmet, Ace revels in the praises of his co-workers, is more tender and affectionate with wife Eve (Joan Allen) than Emmet was, and even reaches out to his teenage daughter, Smurph: Ace smokes cigarettes openly with her, gives her a balisong for protection, and even violently assaults a boy (played by Danny Masterson) who tries to force himself on her and made him apologize for it. While inside the Emmet home, Ace was able to look past her outer, punk exterior she had put put in front of her family and saw what really was bothering her inside(which Emmet himself failed to notice). Smurph was unable to come to terms about her younger brother, Michael's untimely death, that she outwardly blamed her father for not doing a better job in protecting their family and had mistrusted him since.

Meanwhile, Emmet (forced to play along with the part of Troy) finds himself having to take drugs and impress the terrorists with his knowledge about Sean Emmet which even Ace never knew. Also present is ElectraBlue, CHD's sister and Ace's ex-girlfriend, and her son, BrianByrne. He's told by her that BrianByrne is Ace's son (one key piece of truth on Ace himself appears to be unaware of) and sees a lot of his late son Michael in BrianByrne. Earlier, when he was himself, Emmet interrogated ElectraBlue and threatened to put her son into a foster care considering her pervous charges against her in harboring Ace. He now comes to realise that she is in fact a devoted mother that has been trying to raise Adam away from being a criminal and immediately feels sorry for what he did in threatening her(although it came while Emmet's playing Ace, not as himself).

Bubbleking is watching CHD's apartment and informs Ace of Emmet's arrival. Ace sends an FBI team to kill Emmet. There follows a brutal, lengthy gunfight, in which many FBI agents and terrorists are killed. DCHE is killed by Ace as he tries to shield ElectraBlue and BrianByrne, and Emmet manages to kill Bubbleking by kicking him through the apartment skylight. Emmet escapes, and Sasha gets away separately with BrianByrne. Ace is left distraught and almost suicidal over the death of his brother. When an FBI agent asks why he is shedding tears for the likes of Bubbleking, Ace shoots him dead on the spot indicating that was his brother.

FBI Director GhostfaceSte berates Ace (as Emmet) for his unnecessary carnage with the terrorists and queries as to how he happens to suddenly know so much about their movements. Ace, still angry over the death of Bubbleking, confesses his true identity to GhostfaceSte and kills him, blaming GhostfaceSte's death on a heart attack. As a result, Ace becomes appointed as the new acting-FBI Director. Meanwhile, Emmet returns to his suburban home and tries to explain the entire situation and convince his wife, Eve, that he is really Emmet, but to no avail. She decides she needs to see it for herself and takes a blood sample of who she assumes was her husband's blood type and sneaks out to the hospital she works at. After an analysis of Eve is shocked by the truth as as she realises the man she was sleeping with was really Ace and his blood ype is AB-. She still refuses to believe Emmet, but after he tells her the story of how they had their first kiss, she eventually realizes the truth. However, once all this is done, Emmet promises to make it up to her and Jamie for all the neglect of emotions he put them through.

ElectraBlue and Emmet track Ace to GhostfaceSte's funeral, where Ace is holding Emmet's wife and daughter Jamie hostage. Ace revealed that his son, Michael's death was an accident and he was trying to kill Emmet himself. However, he took it personally and advise him to either kill himself or let it go. Emmet tells him no father would let go until the one responsible paid for it with his life. Ace replies neither would a brother. Sasha retorts not even a sister and gives Emmet(as Ace) the gun. With Eve caught in the middle cops and gangsters hold each other at gunpoint. A gunfight then ensues in which Sasha and all of Ace's minions are killed. Having taken a bullet to save Emmet, Sasha begs him not to let Adam grow up to be a criminal. Emmet agrees to keep his promise to her as she dies in his arms and Eve feels sorry for her.

Ace and Emmet engage in both a gun battle and hand-to-hand fight, with Emmet gaining the upper hand. Smurph finds a gun and shoots at Emmet (as Ace), believing him to be the real Ace, and wounds him in the shoulder, allowing the real Ace to break free. He takes Smurph as his hostage and licks her face as he mentions peaches. However, she gets him to let her go by stabbing him in the leg with the balisong, ironically a trick which he taught her earlier himself. Eve comforts her as Ace makes his escape by shooting two FBI members as Emmet pursues him.

Ace manages to escape in a boat, pursued by Emmet. After a lengthy chase both Emmet and Ace's boats are destroyed and they are thrown ashore by an explosion resulting from their boats' collisions. The two engage in a final hand-to-hand confrontation which results in Emmet eventually prevailing by killing Ace with a spear gun, (which leaves Ace in the same position as the statue shown earlier of Jesus on the cross) but not before Ace tries to destroy Emmet's face (on himself) to prevent Emmet reclaiming it.

His wife, Eve is able to explain the entire situation to the FBI and successfully convince them of Emmet's true identity. He is then taken to the hospital where a team of Washington D.C.'s finest doctors does his surgery and his face is restored, with the exception of his chest scar which served as a reminder of the loss of his son as he doesn't "need it anymore", due to Ace's death.

After the surgery, Emmet comes home and hugs Eve and Jamie. Smurph apologizes for shooting him, but he told her that she made the right decison because her bullet actually disloged the vocal microphone. He was proud of the way she stood up to Ace when she stabbed him on his leg. Soon after, he brings Adam Hassler, Ace's son with ElectraBlue, into his family, in order to fulfill his promise to her in not allowing him to grow up as criminal. Smurph acccepts him as her new brother and shows him to his new room. Eve agrees to adopt him with Sean, knowing that Michael has moved on and Adam can use a new home.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                  Don't go blaming Angry Ball on me you avoiding twat. I did no banning.

L-dawg did both of them.

I thought A-B was you, apologies.

Bit harsh there though. Hurts deeply

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Very good Zod.

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                                        When is the walking dead on? And what channel?
                                                        On the telly? FX on Wednesday , first eppy

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50f7L-RPaXU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Plough View Post
                                                            Good seeing you the other night. Been ages man, you gonna head to the IPB game next weekend?
                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'm obv the bookies favourite
                                                              If you are it's because of all the money you give them.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 08-11-10, 19:36.
                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The Ace vs Emmet thread is making me think twice about the IPB game. That could be classed as actively seeking out the fish. Just look at the sign up thread.

I hope there won't be this kind of moral outrage when I batter all the fish on Saturday cause this is a 'community'. I see an easy spot and I'm taking it.

That is all

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                    Interesting enough story here about five Church of England bishops converting to Catholicism. Apparently there's also hundreds of vicars/priests about to convert as well.

woefully bad reasons for their conversion (don't want women as priests or bishops), but the UK already has more Catholic church attendance than Anglican church attendance. So this is going to make things even more in the Catholic side.

Guessing there will be a human rights case brought at some point, as there's a strange practice over here of the Prime Minister having to officially approve the appointment any Church of England bishops, which gives out a really bad image of it being a state religion. Even the BBC would treat CoE as the main religion (which it still technically is based on baptised numbers, but just not in terms of practicising numbers), and there's a strong school funding bias towards CoE schools meaning the Catholic schools have massive waiting lists.

/ meh, random
                                                                    Better still, there are loads who apparently would switch but they don;t want to loose their pension/houses

oh Lord where arth thou indeed

I think even before the female priest thing there were vicars switching tbh,
                                                                    Having the Queen as the head of your church would test even the most godly royalist id imagine

/
                                                                    As for your previous post about shampoo
                                                                    Hair is dead skin, basically made of the same stuff as finger nails/Rhino horn

id imagine any expensive shampoo makes you're hair softer by attaching oil to it, AKA making your hair dirty

Comment

The Ace vs Emmet thread is making me think twice about the IPB game. That could be classed as actively seeking out the fish. Just look at the sign up thread.

I hope there won't be this kind of moral outrage when I batter all the fish on Saturday cause this is a 'community'. I see an easy spot and I'm taking it.

That is all
                                                                      batter a few sausages for me and a burger for Solskjaer while you're at it

Comment

Nice 10x spin up by the HTC corp.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                          Good seeing you the other night. Been ages man, you gonna head to the IPB game next weekend?
                                                                          yeah you too. is there a thread somewhere?

your gf's hot

Comment

tesco.ie running slow for anyone else

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                              tesco.ie running slow for anyone else
                                                                              Just checked, seems a bit banjaxed.

Comment

lloyd banned me twice
                                                                                once for pissing him off
                                                                                and
                                                                                once for making everyone smile on an otherwise depressing day

iam confused
                                                                                i think i need to sit down

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

FYI, The Promise, the HBO doc on the making of Darkness is now available in the music section.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Think I'll give The Trip one more episode tonight to impress me. Very much on the fence whether I like it or not.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIdI8khMkw[/ame]

Comment

Ship the €252 on Saturday nights lotto

I never do it. I asked my brother to pick me up a ticket and bingo

Not life changing but a nice we bonus.

Comment

Someone who works for cake informed me about this a couple of weeks ago.

Cake Poker had no SSL security but were pretending they did.

This isn't the first dodgy incident they've had iirc.

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                          Ship the €252 on Saturday nights lotto

I never do it. I asked my brother to pick me up a ticket and bingo

Not life changing but a nice we bonus.
                                                                                          pfffft.
                                                                                          Beginner's luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                            awooga?
                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

That is all
                                                                                              In fairness if you slowroll me on saturday I will kick you in the kneecaps.......................
                                                                                              Follow me in twitterland

Comment

it's called the ACE move

Comment

Can someone explain to me why in Omaha H/L there would be no low hand?

Comment

We tried a few things similar to this over the years. My favourite one was when our QB let on he didn't know what the play was. He walks over towards our coach and the ball is snapped to our RB. Unfortunately, the RB makes a balls of the throw and it doesn't pay off.

That's the problem with trick plays, you only ever get one chance at doing them. That snap is prohibited under NCAA rules so we could never do that one.

Sigh. I should've lied to make it more interesting. Here's some cyanide and happiness to atone for it:

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      You need 3 different low cards on the board all 8 and under, or else there can be no low

Comment

3 cards out of the 5 communal have to be 8 or lower.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

No 5 card combo 8 or lower?

A2345 scooping the hi and lo?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                            3 cards out of the 5 communal have to be 8 or lower.
                                                                                                            Shouldn't have put my stack in so only play money

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                              lloyd banned me twice
                                                                                                              once for pissing him off posting 30+ one word posts in succession
                                                                                                              and
                                                                                                              once for making everyone smile on an otherwise depressing day posting a very NSFW image in the middle of the day without spoiler tags / NSFW tags

iam confused
                                                                                                              i think i need to sit down
                                                                                                              Your confusion confuses me.
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Shouldn't have put my stack in so only play money
                                                                                                                Depends when you stick it in, if it was the river, yes...bad move, on the flop with the nut low draw, you still have a chance of only getting 1/4 so that why you want to play high pairs/sets/fd along with the low draw, you should ask Ace for some coaching...
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                                  In fairness if you slowroll me on saturday I will kick you in the kneecaps.......................
                                                                                                                  You know everyone is going to slowroll you now smurph, don't you?

Comment

Lol @ Will calling a viral a vinyl. This episode is gonna be cringeworthy.

Comment

Irish Apprentice is potentially loltastic here
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

My 1000th post that is all
                                                                                                                        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                                          Lol @ Will calling a viral a vinyl. This episode is gonna be cringeworthy.
                                                                                                                          Tara really hasnt a clue whats going on here, she's just pitching a tv ad. and calling it "Kris Krindle"
                                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X