X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    program is way better without the annoying Australian guy too
    Very harsh, I like John. Mind you I do normally record it and just fast forward over the "I just don't know who to go for Greg", "This is a really hard decision John" shit.

Surely shaky lad should have had a few brandies before he started?

BTW Watch the latest WSOP on Pokertube, sick.

Comment

I Napped Claire after her first appearance but I would sooner go to yer mans restaurant (although the way he sweats over everything maybe not).
      You knew it was over for him as the week went on the production were making him look ever more weird with each shot.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        I would sooner go to yer mans restaurant (although the way he sweats over everything maybe not)..
        'excellent seasoning there chef'

'yesssss....seasoning....'
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          surely that's a given, you can't expect them to go flipping bugers in McD's now?
          wouldn't mind seeing a 'where are they now?' segement on previous winners

being a great chef does not equal being a great businessman so all these lads saying 'my dream is to open my own restaurant' kind of makes me shiver a little
          Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 03-11-10, 10:15.

Comment

his deconstructed chicken pie looked amazing, hope he gets some good job offers out of the whole experience

program is way better without the annoying Australian guy too
            Does anyone know what the prize is for winning? Is it just the esteem of being crowned winner or do they get something?

Id like to see a "where are they now" about all the chefs they have had over the last few years.

Edit: Great minds.......

Comment

Funny story today about a Cork radio presenter.

"He also warned people not to mix painkillers and alcohol."

Presenter Neil Prendeville accused of exposing himself and masturbating on Aer Lingus flight from London to Cork earlier this month, says he doesn’t remember the incident.
              Last edited by Line Us; 03-11-10, 10:21.
              "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

That red mullet with potato scales looked absolutely amazing.

Might have a stab at making it sometime.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post

http://www.thejournal.ie/corks-96fm-...eport-2010-11/

but its ok to wank in public

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                    Does anyone know what the prize is for winning? Is it just the esteem of being crowned winner or do they get something?

Id like to see a "where are they now" about all the chefs they have had over the last few years.

they have a page they update every year.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

fools seldom differ........

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post

http://www.thejournal.ie/corks-96fm-...eport-2010-11/
                        That's funny. Wtf was he doing having a pedal in the front row facing the stewardess'. Go to the jacks ffs.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Was at the Helix in DCU yesterday at a graduation, The new DCU Anthem is really bad, I think HH would like it as it sounds very much like a Masons chant.

On cooking programmes, to recall to mind a quip. TV Cooking programmes shoould not be about cooking for two or more people, as let's face it most people watching them are cooking for ONE.

I think DCU should have adopted this one , it's more edgy. Maybe only for people who receive their PHD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNzuF33tZo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNzuF33tZo[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            That's funny. Wtf was he doing having a pedal[B] in the front row [/B]facing the stewardess'. Go to the jacks ffs.
                            You also are asking and anwsering a question (kind of) Conor.

Comment

That's funny. Wtf was he doing having a pedal in the front row facing the stewardess'. Go to the jacks ffs.

couldn't, seat belt sign was still on obviously

Comment

Less than 12 hours after I decide to give twitter a lash and my musical idol (Jonsi) decides he's interested in what I had for tea.

[X] Twitter delivers

Comment

You've got us on tenterhooks Keane.
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Stars tourney lobby acting strange for anyone else - no late regs visible & next tourney not starting for an hour? Have checked & removed all filters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Stars tourney lobby acting strange for anyone else - no late regs visible & next tourney not starting for an hour? Have checked & removed all filters.
                                      server restart at 12 i think

Comment

here's BCB Bookie's odds on the the next US Presidential race

8/11 Obama, which accurately reflects the huge advantage that incumbents possess. Even in the dismal landscape which USA in November 2012 will be, double-dipped, indebted and struggling to handle their loss of status and prestige.

12/1 Palin (not even the GOP frontrunner)

I'd say the GOP nomination provides more scope for the informed gambloor but it's way too early to get stuck into this market. Watch this space at about Christmas 2011.

At present though a few things strike me on some of the leading GOP 'frontrunners':

Mitt Romney 11/4 - Americans don't like losers. Romney is (a) a loser and (b) a Mormon. No chance. Only thing in his favour is that he's rich.
                                        Sarah Palin 5/1 - LOL for reasons already discussed
                                        Mike Huckabee 6/1 - already a loser. No chance.
                                        John Boehner 8/1 - House Minority Leader. Majority Leader after November? Great platform to build party support. Good, solid conservative credentials without being batshit crazy like Palin or a tool of the fundamentalists. I'd have him as the fav.
                                        Tim Pawlenty 8/1 - small state (Minnesota) governor. Worked for Clinton, this guy hasn't got much substance.
                                        John Thune 8/1 - conservative, impeccable religious credentials for the fundies. 2012 is too soon for him.
                                        Newt Gingrich 12/1 - LOL at being yesterday's man. Basically retired.
                                        Mitch Daniels 12/1 - I quite like this guy's management credentials. Watch him.
                                        Haley Barbour 12/1 - probably a crook in the great tradition of Southern Governors (Huey Long style). No chance.
                                        David Petraeus 14/1 - last general to get elected was Ike. This guy's no Ike.
                                        Fred Thompson 14/1 - stick to making bad TV Fred. Oh, and you're a loser too.
                                        Jon Huntsman 16/1 - another Mormon. Fecks sake

looking further down the list, no-one jumps out. Jindal maybe but can't see the bigots swallowing him. Poor list. Obama is a lock. Watch my two picks
                                        now House majority leader as predicted

watch this guy, even though the House of Reps. is not traditionally the launchpad to Penn. Avenue

is America ready for a President Boehner? (say in Beavis and Butthead voice for maximum effect. And keep your Clinton jokes to yourself )

edit; 22/1 on BCB Bookies for the outright win. 11/1 to ge tthe GOP nomination. Lump on.
                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 03-11-10, 10:59.

Comment

idk i have enough people on ignore as it is on fb, don't think i'd do too well with the banality of twitter

Comment

Yup, was literally about to post this. Pretty annoying, wanna fire up a few.

It's being reported on the news here that So You Think (Horse that was favourite for the Melbourne Cup yesterrday, ended up 3rd) has been sold to Coolmore for $45 million! Thats insane, I knew horses sold for a shitload but didn't realise they went for that much.

Comment

must be the wanking story that reminded me of Boehner

good evening Dr Freud, how nice to see you

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post

It's being reported on the news here that So You Think (Horse that was favourite for the Melbourne Cup yesterrday, ended up 3rd) has been sold to Coolmore for $45 million! Thats insane, I knew horses sold for a shitload but didn't realise they went for that much.
                                                you should see the prices for getting your mares knocked up
                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-11-10, 11:02.

Comment

Yeah but there is 50 million worth of cocaine shoved up the horses ass. Now I've kicked the habit I'm revealing all the secrets to customs and excise.
                                                  The arse will literally fall out of the cocaine market now. LOL at everyone thinking it was for Stud value, although he'll still be used for roiding our fillies of course.

Comment

must be the wanking story that reminded me of Boehner
                                                    could easily be misconstrued as having a hard on for Neil Prendeville :-))

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Good news for Hitchhiker
                                                        unemployment at 443k means that he'll be having some extra coke-fuelled adventures at Xmas on me. At least the money will go to a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                          you should see the prices for getting your mares knocked up
                                                          I'd be curious to...

Comment

inspiration obv
                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                              Can't see someone coming from the House of Reps getting the nomination tbh as the House has such a negative public perception. Especially if the likes of Newt Gingrich couldn't lever that role into a nomination.
                                                              Gingrich is a bit of a 'special' case! Doesn't have any personal likeability at all and Americans were sick of him by the end of the Clinton administration.

Comment

I'd be curious to...
                                                                storm cat was the most expensive at half a mil. dunno if that's been surpassed since.

Comment

Anyone here in total fitness?
                                                                  Went in on Monday and found I had forgotten my membership card. I asked the girl to buzz me in but she pointed me to the office. The girl there said I'd have to pay 3.50 to get in without my card. I said WTF? You have my photo on your computer I have Id on me, just buzz me in. She said no I have to pay 3.50 for a new card.
                                                                  I said no fecking way was I paying a penatly for forgetting my card and that I was not renewing my membership . She didn't seem to give a toss.
                                                                  Nice way to do business, piss off your customers.

*I don't think she realised I was a big shot on the internet like bubbleking.*

Comment

you can't eat Amazon vouchers!

PM me your email address and I'll sort it out now

wp by the way, she was definitely the right choice but I thought my guy had momentum - his dessert was lolbad though (chocolate rice crispie base, wtf?)
                                                                    Yeah I was smiling when I seen him cooking chicken and a rice crispie cake but they seemed to like the chicken. I thought Claire's main looked lovely.

Anyway, let's all apply here for the next series.

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Comment

Got word for "Tough Talkin Man" in the 13.50 at Fairyhouse. May be nothing but thought I would throw it up here. 20/1 best price with PP.

Comment

I was driving along yesterday and some kid ran out in front of me so I slammed on the brakes. A range rover behind me started beeping the horn - like Im not talking once like a 7/8 continuous long blasts

road rage seen me jump out if the car and walk back to a range rover that had the driver laying on the horn. the fat bitch driving the thing tried to jump out too but was too much of a wide mess to get out of the seat. Just shook my head and gave her the finger (no filth lads).

end rant

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                            Just shook my head and gave her the finger.

I'd love to see someone attempt to do that with dignity.
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              I'd love to see someone attempt to do that with dignity.
                                                                              Did you not hear? I thought everyone knew at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                Did you not hear? I thought everyone knew at this stage.
                                                                                Oh go on so - hear what?

Comment

Anyone got tips for a programme to read pdfs?

Need something that mimics real life functionality, like allowing me easily create bookmarks, will make the text more easily viewable ala Stanza on my iphone.

Adobe reader just not really cutting the mustard.

Edit - I love Google

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LbPJwIJ1rQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 03-11-10, 12:01.

Comment

Oh go on so - hear what?
                                                                                    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184[/ame]

Comment

watched inception last night, unreal
                                                                                      if you havent seen it drop everything and go and watch it now!!

Comment

Managed to hopefully get ntl cancelled there as I finally have the option to move to sky. If I was able to get ntl broadband I'd have kept it, but being in an mmds area made it an easy decision.

Comment

Booooo, silly yanks

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT0OqHr3wHQ&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                          Last edited by RasTa; 03-11-10, 11:55.
                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Went in on Monday and found I had forgotten my membership card. I asked the girl to buzz me in but she pointed me to the office. The girl there said I'd have to pay 3.50 to get in without my card. I said WTF? You have my photo on your computer I have Id on me, just buzz me in. She said no I have to pay 3.50 for a new card.
                                                                                            I said no fecking way was I paying a penatly for forgetting my card and that I was not renewing my membership . She didn't seem to give a toss.

What a joke. Heard they were wankers alright. Biometrics/Finger recognition would put a stop to that bullshit. I really don't understand why they don't use it. My gym membership is up but my friend went to oz and threw me his card which i can use at will. If gyms used more modern ways of gaining entry they would save a lot of money aswell as friends. Fcuking cards in this day and age. joke.

Comment

if this translates into action, the Government will be gone in the spring

not that it matters as EU\IMF intervention is now a lock

Comment

nicked from facebook

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Managed to hopefully get ntl cancelled there as I finally have the option to move to sky. If I was able to get ntl broadband I'd have kept it, but being in an mmds area made it an easy decision.
                                                                                                  I ordered HD box from them two weeks ago today, my net connection is with them so kinda feel a bit trapped as I'm happy with it, rang them Fri/|Mon as Ill wont be home for over two weeks from this Friday and wanted to get it sorted. Told me each time some one would ring me back. Guaranteed to be billed for it Id imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                    I was driving along yesterday and some kid ran out in front of me so I slammed on the brakes. A range rover behind me started beeping the horn - like Im not talking once like a 7/8 continuous long blasts

road rage seen me jump out if the car and walk back to a range rover that had the driver laying on the horn. the fat bitch driving the thing tried to jump out too but was too much of a wide mess to get out of the seat. Just shook my head and told her there was a strongly worded post on the way BIATCH (no filth lads).

end rant
                                                                                                    FYP

Comment

2 things:

1. The amount of students walking towards Parnell Square is amazing.

2. The judgment about the writ for the by-election was even better. 100% sure that's off to the Supreme Court.
                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                        2 things:

1. The amount of students walking towards Parnell Square is amazing.

2. The judgment about the writ for the by-election was even better. 100% sure that's off to the Supreme Court.
                                                                                                        LOL wet students, take out student loans like they do everywhere else. Now fuck off and do some study.

the writ judgement was great news in terms of getting FF out but from a macro perspective it makes zero difference

Comment

...

Comment

LOL wet students, take out student loans like they do everywhere else. Now fuck off and do some study.

the writ judgement was great news in terms of getting FF out but from a macro perspective it makes zero difference
                                                                                                            Just saw 2 Govt cars flying towards the Courts/Park direction. Wonder which it was. Seemed in a massive hurry too.

Declaration has almost no effect anyway. It is a clarification. We've been down this road before with the right to education cases. High Court actually granted a mandatory order in one or two of those against the Government (Court telling the Govt what to do is a MASSIVE deal) but the Supreme Court struck it down.

Essentially FF are getting pretty close to causing a Constitutional crisis if they don't move these writs soon as the language of the High Court seemed to imply that the "draconian" measures they would be forced to take would include granting a mandatory order forcing them to issue the writ and causing a huge crisis with regards to separation of powers.

Comment

Did you threaten her about posting it on IPB?
                                                                                                              NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

do they really expect any public sympathy?

Comment

Cliffs on what the students are up to?

Comment

Same thing they're up to every night...

Comment

protest abour the proposed increase in registration fees. half of them aren't even liable for it anyway.

Comment

I'd probably campaign for fees tbh.

Though,

Fees done right > "Free Fees" > Fees done wrong

Comment

I think it's regrettable that an increase in registration fees looks likely and would like to see alternatives discussed rather than have the USI jump at the opportunity to organise a mass-protest that will do nothing but further tarnish the reputation of the student body.

In our college, there's been no attempts at educating the students about the issue in hand and all posters promote the fact that there'll be free food after the protest.

Student politics tilts me to no end!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X