This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 'An Idiot Abroad' fans.
    The 3 lads discussing the 'kidnapping' in Israel.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTb5yNMFz8A[/ame]

Comment

George Webbs LOL
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
        Where did the other 1.3k of your stack go if you have a tight image?
        Now your confusing me caf ???
        360+ 960 + 2400 = 3720

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
          I’d say we were the only 2 there in the whole duration of the wait that even considered space requirements. How these people can just go through life without caring about such things beats me. But its also a gift and it sometimes vexes me that i can’t be as relaxed and easy going as them.
          I'd say your brother is only pretending to consider such things, just to keep you happy. Hope you're a touch typing wiz.

Very long post, read it all
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
            Retirement going well then!!
            Only from liveaments Fran with the ipb game being the exception

Comment

BBV's man on the Late Late

Opr

Comment

Rounders, you should definitely write a blog on your weekly musings!
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                  BBV's man on the Late Late

Opr
                  ?

Comment

shuttle bus to the course which leaves from Kildare train station
                    Such a shame that the train from Hueston no longer stops at the Curragh station.
                    There was something quaintly Irish about what was little more than a random stop along the train journey, followed by punters of all ages scrambling up a 20 foot hill, over a fence, through a few gorse bushes, a bit of a mudpatch before finally finding themselves at the entrance to the racecourse.
                    Going to Kildare station and getting a bus to the Curragh is just not the same.

Some great pictures of the 'station' here.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                      Now your confusing me caf ???
                      360+ 960 + 2400 = 3720
                      Starting Stack is 5k? You said you started the hand with 3700? Where's the 1.3k difference or 1.28k as the case may be?

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                        Rounders, you should defintely write a blog on your weekly musings!
                        Well my other brother has just started a private blog simply about lunch breaks!

"So I decided to blog my lunchtime gambits for some unknown reason, if only to offer a window into the doomed workplace in which I ‘work’ in and the atmosphere in general around the M50 ring road lifestyle."

-------------

"I expertly bought my sandwich, crisps and soft drink – not being owned once by other shoppers or gougers, and being fully heard by the till lady – the key to not having to repeat yourself (but drives on a tight line to sounding like Frank Stapleton). I garnered information on an Eason’s from the till lady, greasy as her hands were in her British till… ah she was nice, bit harsh eh?

Before arriving at Eason’s I – again – expertly avoided a guy from ‘Test’ who works in the same place as I work in. F*ckin eejit, one of those guys who wouldn’t say hello to you even though he’s looking at you and apparently waving you in for the hello. A quick aside to this guy: myself, my friend currently in the gym on this lunchbreak and this Test guy from work somehow ended up in Whelan’s after a work night out. Well he witnessed me pushing an annoying 19 year old space cadet forcibly after he ‘boinked’ me on my bald head. A justified reaction I thought, followed by a pre-bouncer throw-out walk-out by me."

=============

"On Tuesday gone there, I decided to finally get a stamp for the Winning Streak 3 star scratch card that my de facto Mother in law bought for me.
                        Having missed the Saturday morning openings of post offices for weeks I said I’d have to venture across lunchtime into Clondalkin post office.
                        Of course the post office queue was huge and the sole stamp machine was ‘out of order’. This lead me to curse the only route available in which to purchase stamps.

The interiors were as bleak as any post office with the similar smells that reminded me of many hours spent waiting in the Northside shopping centre post office.

What was everyone in the queue doing in the post office – don’t they pay their bills online? I stopped that train of thought though as there could be a multitude of services on offer within the post office and concluded that they could all be waiting for stamps, albeit full-on reciprocal conversations were in flow between the punters and the clerks.

The punters consisted of mainly of foreign lads and their stunning female companions to faceless native Clondalkians. The one guy in front of me, a small Indo-stan-Asian lad could not queue facings forwards in the queue, he would only look anywhere but forwards. Anyway I got my stamp and I think I slotted the bastard into a ‘metered only’ mail bag and not ‘stamped only’ mail bag – I bet I’m not in that drum on Winning streak due to my brain lapse now, what a rip, my hopes of getting onto that show now lie in the good natured-ness of an An Post sorting office employee…

I then nostalgically bought a packet of mega-meanies in a newsagents to eat with my homemade mackerel sandwiches in my car in the car park of the Clondalkin McDonalds and mandatory Dunnes-dominated shopping centre".

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                          ?
                          Ah Ruby was on whom the ghost of bbv has a great rant towards the other day.

Opr

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Starting Stack is 5k? You said you started the hand with 3700? Where's the 1.3k difference or 1.28k as the case may be?
                                Did you miss this part of my post or did you just not bother to read it .

My image up to here would have been fairly tight as i hadnt turned over a worse hand than AQ before this and 4 hands previous i had taken a 4.5k hit to my stack with QQ v 77 where the board read KK327 , i had rr pre in position and bet 2 streets and called his river shove.

I was up to over 8k

Comment

Did you miss this part of my post or did you just not bother to read it .

My image up to here would have been fairly tight as i hadnt turned over a worse hand than AQ before this and 4 hands previous i had taken a 4.5k hit to my stack with QQ v 77 where the board read KK327 , i had rr pre in position and bet 2 streets and called his river shove.

I was up to over 8k
                                  Oops! lol! Thought I read it all too. Ul in that one btw, but fold the K7 pre and it wont bother you again.

Comment

Oops! lol! Thought I read it all too. Ul in that one btw, but fold the K7 pre and it wont bother you again.
                                    I realise that now . Can u throw any light on villains line ???

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                      At least he offered cash, and didn't try to do a swap for an i-pad or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5NrB_5gmI
                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Wow! That's sick, what a scummy creep.

Edit; There must be something I'm missing in the context there, he couldn't be that clueless ... could he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvZgwtpPmLY
                                      At least his reasoning was that the child was very attractive.
                                      Suggesting that if the child had a face like yesterday's porridge, he'd have had no interest in 'saving' it.

Well my other brother has just started a private blog simply about lunch breaks!

"So I decided to blog my lunchtime gambits for some unknown reason, if only to offer a window into the doomed workplace in which I ‘work’ in and the atmosphere in general around the M50 ring road lifestyle."

-------------

"I expertly bought my sandwich, crisps and soft drink – not being owned once by other shoppers or gougers, and being fully heard by the till lady – the key to not having to repeat yourself (but drives on a tight line to sounding like Frank Stapleton). I garnered information on an Eason’s from the till lady, greasy as her hands were in her British till… ah she was nice, bit harsh eh?

Before arriving at Eason’s I – again – expertly avoided a guy from ‘Test’ who works in the same place as I work in. F*ckin eejit, one of those guys who wouldn’t say hello to you even though he’s looking at you and apparently waving you in for the hello. A quick aside to this guy: myself, my friend currently in the gym on this lunchbreak and this Test guy from work somehow ended up in Whelan’s after a work night out. Well he witnessed me pushing an annoying 19 year old space cadet forcibly after he ‘boinked’ me on my bald head. A justified reaction I thought, followed by a pre-bouncer throw-out walk-out by me."

=============

"On Tuesday gone there, I decided to finally get a stamp for the Winning Streak 3 star scratch card that my de facto Mother in law bought for me.
                                      Having missed the Saturday morning openings of post offices for weeks I said I’d have to venture across lunchtime into Clondalkin post office.
                                      Of course the post office queue was huge and the sole stamp machine was ‘out of order’. This lead me to curse the only route available in which to purchase stamps.

The interiors were as bleak as any post office with the similar smells that reminded me of many hours spent waiting in the Northside shopping centre post office.

What was everyone in the queue doing in the post office – don’t they pay their bills online? I stopped that train of thought though as there could be a multitude of services on offer within the post office and concluded that they could all be waiting for stamps, albeit full-on reciprocal conversations were in flow between the punters and the clerks.

The punters consisted of mainly of foreign lads and their stunning female companions to faceless native Clondalkians. The one guy in front of me, a small Indo-stan-Asian lad could not queue facings forwards in the queue, he would only look anywhere but forwards. Anyway I got my stamp and I think I slotted the bastard into a ‘metered only’ mail bag and not ‘stamped only’ mail bag – I bet I’m not in that drum on Winning streak due to my brain lapse now, what a rip, my hopes of getting onto that show now lie in the good natured-ness of an An Post sorting office employee…

I then nostalgically bought a packet of mega-meanies in a newsagents to eat with my homemade mackerel sandwiches in my car in the car park of the Clondalkin McDonalds and mandatory Dunnes-dominated shopping centre".
                                      I like the way there is (was?) 3 flag poles, one with the European flag and the Irish flag sandwiching a McDonald's flag in the middle which was somewhat raised above the other two.

The Republic of McDonald's.
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                        Just coming up to the end of the Sopranos. Just at the start of Season 6 Episode 8 now. Two thoughts:

SPOILER

- That AJ is the most annoying prick of a son you could ever hope to meet

- Please don't be killed Vito! Although have a nasty feeling about it

Is it really your first time 'round with this? There was a time when I'd just about avoid acquaintances who hadn't gotten into it. I'm still shocked at a couple of friends who didn't care for it(despite me loaning the 1st season boxset to them).

Comment

@ Rounders. Think you should add a few more words to that Curragh story and submit it as a short story somewhere.
                                          Thanks. It ended with me getting out on Cassamento but i hate reading blogs where after reading about peoples woes it ends with "But i got it all back on such and such" arrrrgggghhh!

But there was more in the restaurant later, we determined to go all in on Cassemento and have a meal with wine or go home hungry. One line i overheard in the restaurant(it was hard not to) from a punter with his wife to a waitress "Oh i'll redden your arse for you" lol

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                            I swear there is something with Nigerian men and rubbing Irish lads up the wrong way. A Nigerian guy I know from doing work popped in this evening. Harmless enough guy but fairly intense.

Starts off, hey man, long time. Good to see you. Man you are looking well. You've got a great complexion (HUH? It's Novemeber, pasty as hell guy with the nearest thing to a tan being from an lcd monitor.). Start to get worried then.

So a few minutes pass, usual banter and then he announces in front of the lads "You are looking really cute." We burst out laughing and then he shuffles over to me and puts his arm around my shoulder, "Man if I was 'that way' I mean no problem. If I had my girl here talking to you I would be worried about you stealing her". So I swiftly changed subject and he still had the arm around me for another 2 minutes and he insisted in giving me a lingering hug before he left.

On a more serious note though he came back after about 20 minutes to buy something else but he proceeded to tell us that some guy had been shouting at him on the side of the street (near his estate - coincidence being I actually lived in the house he is now renting) and he ignored but the guy came after him with the usual: "Are you deaf nigger or what? I was calling you." So yer man is like sorry I don't know you what's your problem and swiftly receives a dig along with get the fuck out of our town you black c**t and the rest. He tried to leave it at that but he defended himself and gave the Irish lad a couple of smacks before his 2 other Irish mates who just happened to be around the corner, came running. He bolted and left it that.

All joking aside though. I though this kind of stuff was done with in 2010 and felt a little uneasy, obviously sorry for the bloke. He said that he won't move away or anything but is obviously nervous walking towards his estate and said he would be taking taxis in the future once it's dark. Feel pretty bad that he is now going to be out of pocket and have to come up with extra money for taxi fares for a 10 minute walk because of a few scumbags.
                                            Mo mother was attacked on the bus two years ago.

she USE TO wear a head scarf to cover her hair(muslim thing) .

some old woman attacks her with her hand bag and tells her to "Fuck off home you wirdo" .

she does not wear the scarf any more over here.(we all insisted on it)

Comment

Social awkwardness
                                              Please write a sitcom.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yes, he's a total donk. Calling your c/r on flop is really woeful. Calling the turn is just as bad. He's either soul reading or v v v v bad.

Oh wait, I'm still in that game. You got his screen name so I can pull off the same move v him with the nuts?

Comment

Maybe he thought you were steaming after the qq hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                    ?
                                                    McWilliams I assume
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                      McWilliams I assume
                                                      I was half expecting El Tren. 'Twas Ruby Walsh, though I only caught the last 30 secs or so.

Comment

Just coming up to the end of the Sopranos. Just at the start of Season 6 Episode 8 now. Two thoughts:

SPOILER

- That AJ is the most annoying prick of a son you could ever hope to meet

- Please don't be killed Vito! Although have a nasty feeling about it

Is it really your first time 'round with this? There was a time when I'd just about avoid acquaintances who hadn't gotten into it. I'm still shocked at a couple of friends who didn't care for it(despite me loaning the 1st season boxset to them).
                                                        I watched it last year, first time.

Afraid it is all downhill from here Mike, nothing will compare, I remember last summer, think I had 2 episodes left and waited nearly 2 weeks to watch them, kept putting it off because i knew when it was over that was it...fantastic ending though....perfect imo.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Yes, he's a total donk. Calling your c/r on flop is really woeful. Calling the turn is just as bad. He's either soul reading or v v v v bad.

Oh wait, I'm still in that game. You got his screen name so I can pull off the same move v him with the nuts?
                                                          The most annoying thing was when i checked back 5 mins later he was out .

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                            I watched it last year, first time.

Afraid it is all downhill from here Mike, nothing will compare, I remember last summer, think I had 2 episodes left and waited nearly 2 weeks to watch them, kept putting it off because i knew when it was over that was it...fantastic ending though....perfect imo.
                                                            same as me, watched it for the first time this year and it was jus so epic, nothing i've watched can even compare to it

and before anyone says but the wire i tried to watch it but i just didn't get it have the patience for it
                                                            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                                              same as me, watched it for the first time this year and it was jus so epic, nothing i've watched can even compare to it

and before anyone says but the wire i tried to watch it but i just didn't get it have the patience for it
                                                              Each to their own dude, I loved the Wire, not mad about S2, but overall it delivered big time, as for OZ, sorry Rob...bored me big time....maybe i will revisit it at a later time but not for me at the moment.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Each to their own dude, I loved the Wire, not mad about S2, but overall it delivered big time, as for OZ, sorry Rob...bored me big time....maybe i will revisit it at a later time but not for me at the moment.
                                                                true that lots of people love the wire,

yeah watched the first couple of seasons of oz but then lost interest mid season 4 and never got back into it, think too many actors in it who wer in other things after oz

Comment

Just watched this on America's Got Talent. Amazing voice for a 10 year old

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVGrcy8wQHk[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                    McWilliams I assume
                                                                    Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                    Rounders, you should definitely write a blog on your weekly musings!
                                                                    I remember there used to be an excellent blog available on the interwebs. It was written by a chap from this parish. El Stuntmeister they used to call him, or was it Mrs Stuntman? Anyway he somehow decided to delete the whole thing, in a fit of rage at the whole interweb/blog phenomenon. Thus depriving generations of his sometimes curious and always hilarious scribblings.

Comment

Oz...bored...I mean *swoon*

Am I the only one who thinks that Boardwalk Empire after a stunning first episode has been pretty slow going? I've only seen the 1st 4.

Comment

What is it about watching Phil Hellmuth lose the plot that is so entertaining? He just explodes every time he loses a hand, and it's great to watch!
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                          What is it about watching Phil Hellmuth lose the plot that is so entertaining? He just explodes every time he loses a hand, and it's great to watch!
                                                                          some of the coverage of him on the big game is very entertaining,

also Tony G is great to watch also, his recent performance on the big game is hilarious and he is just running over the whole table

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                            Oz...bored...I mean *swoon*

Am I the only one who thinks that Boardwalk Empire after a stunning first episode has been pretty slow going? I've only seen the 1st 4.
                                                                            Watch 5, it is a slow burn, not as slow as Rubicon, i still like it though.

Boardwalk empire is Drama, maybe not at it finest, but it is there or thereabouts, it will stroll along at a decent pace imo, and the acting is top notch so far !

Work all weekend, up at 6 in the morning and it may not have been the best idea to open the next bottle of red...
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I was half expecting El Tren. 'Twas Ruby Walsh, though I only caught the last 30 secs or so.
                                                                              I flicked over expecing at least an El Tren lookalike and found instead some sort of Ladyboy and was thinking WTF

Comment

some of the coverage of him on the big game is very entertaining,

also Tony G is great to watch also, his recent performance on the big game is hilarious and he is just running over the whole table
                                                                                That's exactly what i'm watching! You can see everyone on the table loving it while Tony G's just pushing every one of Phil's buttons. He just can't resist rising to it, and it's just so very pleasant to watch him suffer! And you can tell the other guys at the table aren't just glad that he's going to tilt off his money, they're feeling exactly the same thing we are.

He's just so completely over the top and outrageous, he's like a caricature of himself. It's great.

Comment

Elephants look like old people.

Comment

true that lots of people love the wire,

yeah watched the first couple of seasons of oz but then lost interest mid season 4 and never got back into it, think too many actors in it who wer in other things after oz
                                                                                    I don't get put off by actors appearing in multiple series, they are actors, that's the point of them. Watching Wendell Peirce turning Anton Baptiste in Treme into an even greater character than Bunk is great.

Just finished series 1 of Oz ... its OK I'm kind of waiting for it to deliver, I'll give season 2 a chance but its going to have to deliver.

Comment

Is ipoker being ghey to anyone else 2nite?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        I don't get put off by actors appearing in multiple series, they are actors, that's the point of them.

Just finished series 1 of Oz ... its OK I'm kind of waiting for it to deliver, I'll give season 2 a chance but its going to have to deliver.
                                                                                        yeah with films its fine but with tv series i find if one person is key character they wil always be that character in the back of my head - for example the friends character always wil be joey ross monica etc no matter what they do,

Comment

Damo, stop trying to analyse villians action. I know you say you're retiring from live poker but if your first thought after that hand is "how did he call that" , you need to revaluate your own thought processes .

It's your own play that is a lot more suspect.Think back to times when when you were winning live or online, were you making such creative plays in the early levels? Your precieved tight image will not be noticed by most of your opponents at those levels

Seriously concentrate on your own mistakes because thats all you can do, not what mistakes your opponents make, they should be embraced.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                            No , but the players are

Comment

More so than usual, or is it admiring your drapes?

Comment

haven't hit a flop in about 5 hours, ran TT into AA on AT4 board, KK < 88 in a 4bet mtw pot, AK<AQ on KQ4 board.

Nope, nothing unusual.

Comment

Its laggin loads for me 2nite,

Comment

yeah with films its fine but with tv series i find if one person is key character they wil always be that character in the back of my head - for example the friends character always wil be joey ross monica etc no matter what they do,
                                                                                                    That's because they are. Most 'actors' don't act a jot and are just extensions of themselves on screen imo. People just happen to like watching them.

There are barely any actors about really.

Christian Bale
                                                                                                    Daniel Day Lewis

...struggling to think of any others but I am not trying too hard.

Comment

Take the chip lead with 27 left out of a field of over 1000 players in a $5 donkament on ipoker. Internet on my laptop decides not to work. Get back on another laptop to see that I'm 4th so happy enough. Then lose half my stack with KK into AA. Neither laptop are going to last very long!

Comment

Cheryl Crow is still absolutely delicious

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                          That's because they are. Most 'actors' don't act a jot and are just extensions of themselves on screen imo. People just happen to like watching them.

There are barely any actors about really.

Christian Bale
                                                                                                          Daniel Day Lewis

...struggling to think of any others but I am not trying too hard.
                                                                                                          what about Adam Sandler or Seth Rogen

but seriously leonardo di carpico, tom hanks, robert di nero, george clooney, sean penn, brad pitt, thats just off the top of my head, i didn't mention any wimmins

Comment

but seriously leonardo di carpico, tom hanks, robert di nero, george clooney, sean penn, brad pitt, thats just off the top of my head, i didn't mention any wimmins
                                                                                                            Will Smith tops them all.

Comment

It's subjective I guess and I do enjoy watching some of those people.
                                                                                                              I think they have all (bar Clooney maybe) act to some degree in some movies (some quite well) but not consistently across all their movies imo. There are a handful of good performances and the rest I just find them enjoyable because they are watchable.

I think George Clooney is just George Clooney though.
                                                                                                              And DeNiro has gone on of the most lolbad downward trajectories in terms of quality, he is Robert DeNiro and he picks awful movies and phones it in.

I'm far more impressed with Jim Carrey on occasion as an actor in the last 10 years than any of the people mentioned.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 23-10-10, 01:29.

Comment

Watching the last few episodes of the Big Game and I just cant help but dislike Daniel Negreanu. Hes trying to too hard to be in with the Internet players and is just looking like an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                                  Watching the last few episodes of the Big Game and I just cant help but dislike Daniel Negreanu. Hes trying to too hard to be in with the Internet players and is just looking like an idiot.
                                                                                                                  they own him from what i've seen,

he acts like hes the greatest in a more tilting way than hellmuth

Comment

I'm a bad bad man......

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    the plan was always to call/donk lead

there are a couple more I'll post when I get a chance
                                                                                                                    You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

I think that John Goodman is one of the most underrated actors around. If he were a different shape he would be an A lister imo.

Comment

they own him from what i've seen,

he acts like hes the greatest in a more tilting way than hellmuth
                                                                                                                        They completely own him. Its actually strange looking back at the Daniel Negreanu at the start of high stakes poker and the Daniel Negreanu now. 2 completely different people. His body language is so negative when hes in a pot now.

Comment

The Other Guys is good for the giggles. Totally recommended.
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X