X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
    Can anyone recommend me a good blender?

Don't mind about price as long as it's very good, most of the ones I've tried are awful.
    Originally posted by BIG-SLICK-POKER View Post
    Ladbrokespoker.com introduces Anonymous Tables

Online poker just got more exciting on Ladbrokes PokerLondon, 21st October, 2010

LadbrokesPoker.com is one of the first sites to launch ‘Anonymous Tables’. This unique and groundbreaking offering allows players to hide their aliases and avatars from the other players on their table. This gives Ladbrokes players the opportunity to try some outrageous moves without being recognised and have the luxury of no-one else knowing who made that fishy play!

‘Anonymous Tables’, which is patent pending, will run alongside the standard cash tables and be accessible from the main lobby, giving customers the option to play on the regular tables or try their hand at something different.

Kate McLennan, Head of Poker at Ladbrokes Poker, said, “We are really excited about this launch. Never before have poker players been able to play without other players knowing who they are. This brings an added element to the game for people whose playing style maybe recognisable. For those new to the game, it is an opportunity to try some different moves without getting a reputation because players will simply never know who they are playing against.”
    For this sort of stuff if your a) not in a rush and b) not fussed on price then I would keep checking www.ibood.ie. Kitchen items appear on it very regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
      For this sort of stuff if your a) not in a rush and b) not fussed on price then I would keep checking www.ibood.ie. Kitchen items appear on it very regularly.
      I picked up a set of knives on iBood a few weeks ago, they were <€100 and are excellent. If they pop up again I'll throw up the link.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
        Speaking of food, can anyone recommend a good set of knifes? Price doesn't matter to an extent. i.e under €800.
        If my memory serves me right HJ asked something similar and Lazare came up trumps with a reply. So maybe start there.

Where you over there last night Rasta? In all the times i've been over there it was the worst UTD performance ive witnessed. Although a shite 1 nil win is better than a decently contested 2 nil loss.

Comment

breaking news re. Anglo, sub-debt holders take an 80% haircut

or, eh 1c per €1,000 nominal

let the court cases commence
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
            If my memory serves me right HJ asked something similar and Lazare came up trumps with a reply. So maybe start there.

Where you over there last night Rasta? In all the times i've been over there it was the worst UTD performance ive witnessed. Although a shite 1 nil win is better than a decently contested 2 nil loss.
            you obviously managed to avoid the Rangers game last month
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Nah ticket is back home sitting on the desk, couldn't give the thing away. Also chubbed for City away. You get lucky? I've only got Stoke away this season and that was a mate applying.
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                you obviously managed to avoid the Rangers game last month
                Do you apply for all away's btw?
                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Whats the best bet for some live pokah tonight?
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Do you apply for all away's btw?
                    I do, but I don't get to see them. I've an agreement with a supporters club in the UK, they apply centrally for all tickets linked to the club and if successful they go to the secretary. He'll give me a heads up if we get any, but I normally leave them to the local lads.

They're not usually very successful though, with the exception of European aways when we tend to get a reasonable allocation from the club for the most part.
                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Fitz I suppose, I quite like the Thursday game in there

Comment

PM please
                        +2

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          it's a default profile and you can manually remove it.
                          I wouldnt advise it as it can be used to repair when services that start up with your 'gill' account go tits up/and or spyware/malware.
                          the easiest thing to do is
                          open a command prompt
                          type:
                          net user administrator /active:no
                          you can switch it back on if needs be.
                          For the sake of an extra .2 of a second to click gill, it's up to you whether its worth it.
                          It is more annoying as I stick the comp on in the morning, then my kettle and have to come back to click Gill! silly I know but it is nice to switch it on and thats that (Like Tony does lol)

That worked, thanks for that. I take it to reverse it I just do the same and type in yes?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                            It is more annoying as I stick the comp on in the morning, then my kettle and have to come back to click Gill! silly I know but it is nice to switch it on and thats that (Like Tony does lol)

That worked, thanks for that. I take it to reverse it I just do the same and type in yes?
                            yeah exactly,
                            at least this disables the account instead of removing it
                            so you can always go back if needs be.
                            Also, some Vista things might need a Run as....Administrator option
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

can someone PM me the missing post threads. My nose is twitching like a bunny wabbit.

Comment

JP's game in Tallaght should have 80+ runners 2nite for approx 4k in pool if ur anywhere close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  yeah exactly,
                                  at least this disables the account instead of removing it
                                  so you can always go back if needs be.
                                  Also, some Vista things might need a Run as....Administrator option
                                  It never did that select thing before and I used to get vista prompts all the time. I noticed it wouldn't update java unless I was in as admin, but my user also says administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Zuutroph View Post
                                    can someone PM me the missing post threads. My nose is twitching like a bunny wabbit.
                                    Eh, me too! I have no idea what ye are on about!
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

+1.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                        You are as interested in it as I am in the ongoing Lolerpool saga.

Comment

just down in the Burlington ATM according to there screen it's the IO on this weekend!

Comment

Nah ticket is back home sitting on the desk, couldn't give the thing away. Also chubbed for City away. You get lucky? I've only got Stoke away this season and that was a mate applying.
                                            The old man and couple of uncles have tickets. I just get the reject ones and the occasional big one.

Comment

got it. Ain't they all though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                JP's game in Tallaght should have 80+ runners 2nite for approx 4k in pool if ur anywhere close to that.
                                                shill!! but yeah you're right...

Comment

Your like a pack of aul ones

Comment

You are as interested in it as I am in the ongoing LolUTD saga.
                                                    corrected your post for the moment.

Comment

It appears that there was a classic post that had all the hallmarks of one of our favourite posters who has been absent from BBV for some time regarding the relative merits of some recent performances by Ruby Walsh.

Comment

whats the odds that the new poster Good evening is DBC sigh....he really is a tool
                                                        Last edited by smurph; 21-10-10, 15:44.
                                                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

corrected your post for the moment.
                                                          Bizzarely enough I am ever so mildly interested in that ... Goes back to the days when Brian Kidd scored in the European Cup on his 19th Birthday

Comment

Missing post is not that controversial people. If you don't have a interest in racing you'll prob not give a flying fuck and even if you do it's quite tame and happens all the time.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

How many bookmarks do people tend to have? My actual Firefox Bookmarks drop down doesn't get used by me because it's so massive and old with years old bookmarks. I use Firefox bookmarks toolbar instead. Of course this extends beyond the 12 spaces available and is now a drop down with 334 items (if a folder = 1 item then it's a lot more too).

Anyhoos the reason I was wondering if most people have extensive bookmarks is that I think you could build up a pretty decent profile of a person from these bookmarks. It raises the question how a person's personality affects their interests of course.

I wonder if there is a good way of transforming this qualitative data into aggregate categories and see if it is in any way predictive of personality tests such as the Big Five test? Ste05 do you know if anything like this has ever been tried? Or any research done on bookmarks and their relation to personality?

Comment

Hodgson 7/2 to be gone by tomorrow. This worth a punt?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  How many bookmarks do people tend to have? My actual Firefox Bookmarks drop down doesn't get used by me because it's so massive and old with years old bookmarks. I use Firefox bookmarks toolbar instead. Of course this extends beyond the 12 spaces available and is now a drop down with 334 items (if a folder = 1 item then it's a lot more too).

Anyhoos the reason I was wondering if most people have extensive bookmarks is that I think you could build up a pretty decent profile of a person from these bookmarks. It raises the question how a person's personality affects their interests of course.

I wonder if there is a good way of transforming this qualitative data into aggregate categories and see if it is in any way predictive of personality tests such as the Big Five test? Ste05 do you know if anything like this has ever been tried? Or any research done on bookmarks and their relation to personality?
                                                                  Learn more from looking in their Fridge IMO

Years ago I used to end up wotrking in strangers houses maybe a dozen times a day, its amazing how much yoiu would pick up about people from a quick sniff around. Obviously the bookshelf and DVD collection are very revealing but you would always learn most about what was really going on in a home by having a quick look in the fridge.
                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 21-10-10, 15:43.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                    just down in the Burlington ATM according to there screen it's the IO on this weekend!
                                                                    Any word on if they got their blanket back?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                      Hodgson 7/2 to be gone by tomorrow. This worth a punt?
                                                                      nope imo

Comment

[ ] knows what a bookmark is

Comment

Learn more from looking in their Fridge IMO
                                                                          Yeah you could tell a lot about Jeffrey Dahmer by doing that. He wasn't a vegan for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            [ ] knows what a bookmark is

A saved web site link. Am I missing somefink?

Comment

A saved web site link. Am I missing somefink?
                                                                              no, I suspect I am!

is this like your favourites list in IE?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                shill!! but yeah you're right...
                                                                                Is that right in the middle of Tallaght Village?
                                                                                Does it really start at 7:30?

Comment

no, I suspect I am!

LOL

Comment

These graduate job applications are really tedious. Saying the same stuff over and over. Fingers crossed I get some interviews out of them and manage to bink a job somewhere. The deadline for the big 4 was last week, and I have interviews with 2 of them next week.

One Time Dealer!

Comment

no, I suspect I am!

Yeah, every item in your favourites is called a bookmark in the wider nomenclature.

Comment

Yip, u can get in up to break at 9.15 but ur geting blinded away

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                          These graduate job applications are really tedious. Saying the same stuff over and over. Fingers crossed I get some interviews out of them and manage to bink a job somewhere. The deadline for the big 4 was last week, and I have interviews with 2 of them next week.

One Time Dealer!
                                                                                          wanting to become an accountant is cool now

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                            I was watching the dail debate yesterday on TV and got thinking. Isnt politics and diplomacy really a load of BS. just for one day of the year it would be great if people actually came out with what they really think
                                                                                            i think I have the opposite problem. Particulary in drunken debates.

Was joking with someone there about the other night in the bar where I got in an argument with some girl that was probably the hottest girl in the bar. Should have just pretended she had reformed me and tried to go off and have beautiful socialist babies.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Comment

Yeah will start bang on 7.30. Is dealer dealt with 10k stack and 20 min blinds for 1st few levels going to 15 min blinds. Pretty turbo tournament but good crack and should have in or around 4k price pool tonight. Jp adding €500 with a €350 wsop ticket included

Edit: Dice types faster than me but includes less info!!

Comment

Any word on if they got their blanket back?

LOL, Bill said he's see to it. I hope he forgot and yer man can quiz him on it when he's fired. Eh Bill did ya give the blanket back. YA FUCKING HYPROCRITE

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    Not AFAIK. At least nothing is jumping out on the subject from memory. Would make for an interesting study, although getting the data would be tricky, I can't see many people allowing theur bookmark data to be looked at without first culling some of the more dodgy stuff hidden away in folders!! Maybe Xmarks will release all their info now that they're closing down, lots of data there to work with!! The poor divils might as well try to re-coop some of their losses.

Speaking of bookmarks, I'm the same as you, I had a huge drop down menu aswell, making it basically unuseable cos it was so full of crap. So I recently tidied them up, some of the sites bookmarked I have no idea why I bookmarked them. Obv. I didn't delete them, they're just all now in various folders, never to be looked at again. Maybe I'm a bookmark hoarder! (The latest South Park was enjoyable), you never know when I'll need that bookmark to some obscure myspace page.

I'd be worried what some of my old bookmarks would say about me. Loads of Poker related ones obv. and far too many relating to Real Crime/ Serial Killer type stuff, and then the obligatory porn stuff hidden away in folders. I can't imagine what sort of personality profile it'd give for me!!
                                                                                                    Last edited by Ste05; 21-10-10, 16:01.

Comment

wanting to become an accountant is cool now
                                                                                                      I want to get the exams done at least, and then go and do my own thing, whatever that might be. Also, I never said accounting was cool

Comment

Manuel Pellegrini's agent claims he's had contact with Liverpool apparently, he'd be some coup, baffles me they didn't try get him in the first place. Not sure how good his English is, but if it's decent he'd be a better signing than Rijkaard far more suited to the job imo

Saying that, the similarities with this Liverpool and the Barcelona Rijkaard took over is pretty scary
                                                                                                        Last edited by Sledgejammer; 21-10-10, 16:04.
                                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

One Time Dealer!
                                                                                                          Have you got one with KPMG?
                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                            Have you got one with KPMG?
                                                                                                            Yeah, them and Deloitte. Do you have one or have you done one in the past?

Comment

I want to get the exams done at least, and then go and do my own thing, whatever that might be. Also, I never said accounting was cool
                                                                                                              Best of luck with the interviews and a set of ACA quals will sort you out to move into most companies and industries so fair play.
                                                                                                              If you need a hand with interview prep feel free to send me on any questions you are woried about. I have heard a lot of howlers for answers at this stage.

Comment

Yeah, them and Deloitte. Do you have one or have you done one in the past?
                                                                                                                drop me a pm.
                                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

The fact is that the driving test at the moment is wholly inadequate. There is no testing peoples night driving skills or motorway driving, basically they are tested on one specific aspect of their driving (urban), yet for many people this isn't what a normal 'drive' would entail for them.

The Scandinavian countries have a proper system, where you are tested on everything, including skidpads etc. Much more worthwhile.
                                                                                                                  I agree it's a pile of poo, but letting people pass even when they fail the thing we do is even worse than just having a bad test in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post

Originally Posted by MrsFlushdraw
                                                                                                                    LOL

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                      i think I have the opposite problem. Particulary in drunken debates.

Was joking with someone there about the other night in the bar where I got in an argument with some girl that was probably the hottest girl in the bar. Should have just pretended she had reformed me and tried to go off and have beautiful socialist babies.
                                                                                                                      lol brian cowan would be proud

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                        Manuel Pellegrini's agent claims he's had contact with Liverpool apparently, he'd be some coup, baffles me they didn't try get him in the first place. Not sure how good his English is, but if it's decent he'd be a better signing than Rijkaard far more suited to the job imo

Saying that, the similarities with this Liverpool and the Barcelona Rijkaard took over is pretty scary
                                                                                                                        I agree Pellegrini would be a much better manager to go after, however I think Rijkaard is the more likely option (assuming we are actually officially in the market in a few days or less). The language thing is possibly a sticking point though, but I don't know how much of an issue it is.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          I agree it's a pile of poo, but letting people pass even when they fail the thing we do is even worse than just having a bad test in the first place.
                                                                                                                          its too subjective - I had a mid twenties girl examing me. just had the craic with her caus I was sure I would fail. hit the curb on the 3 point turn, nearly wrote off the car at a filter junction and got 2 questions wrong in the oral bit.

obv passed with flying colours

still cant reverse properly or parallel park

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X