• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    what type of tea do people drink?

Lyons
    Barrys
    Other (please specify)
    punjana tea atm but love Lyons gold label...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      As far as I know Rush poker is only available in cash game format. I was wondering are there any reasons why it wouldn't be used for tournaments. Not that complex a question I would have thought?
      I definitely don't understand you, you get a hand that you aren't going to play then what you quit the tournament?

Comment

Lyons
        Barrys
        Other (please specify)
        For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
        Drank the flavoured tea a few times, strawberry seems to be the nicest. Keep meaning to buy some for the house. Nice taste and very refreshing.

Earl Grey is the name of the brand i think.
        Earl Grey is a type of tea not a brand afaik

Comment

As far as I know Rush poker is only available in cash game format. I was wondering are there any reasons why it wouldn't be used for tournaments. Not that complex a question I would have thought?
          I just can't imagine any way it could work
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
            pleaserobme.com

article about it here:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

idea is more interesting than the website!
            Raises an interesting point alright, more about providing public data online in general imo.

For example I've recently registered a domain name and had to give contact details including name, number, address etc.
            These details are displayed on a public database, i've contacted digiweb (who i'm using for hosted) to see if they provide a service to hide some of these details (ie. address and telephone number), still no reply yet.
            Dom I'm sure you are aware of this, your details are available on that website.

On another note, if any of you lads are planning on, or even have previously attended music festivals and have a few minutes spare it would be much appreciated if you filled out the survey that I have linked in my sig,
            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              ah its betting Eastenders talk tho tbf. Fair game imo
              poor excuse imo
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                I definitely don't understand you, you get a hand that you aren't going to play then what you quit the tournament?
                Moved to another table with other people who have just folded as well. How is this hard to see?

Comment

5sp, I've actually been pondering this myself recently.

Theres a problem obviously when the tournament enters the 'slow everything down and crawl past the bubble' phase.
                  And also at some stage there are so few tables left that there is nowhere for you to be transported to when you finish a hand (or hit the quick fold button etc).

But in the early stages I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    5sp, I've actually been pondering this myself recently.

Theres a problem obviously when the tournament enters the 'slow everything down and crawl past the bubble' phase.
                    And also at some stage there are so few tables left that there is nowhere for you to be transported to when you finish a hand (or hit the quick fold button etc).

But in the early stages I don't see why it wouldn't work.
                    Yep, same here. In the latter stages maybe you get plonked on a table first come first served, and a message waiting for players comes up or something until you get enough.

Comment

Lyons
                      Barrys
                      Other (please specify)
                      There is only one choice there!!

Comment

Cork people drink Barrys, the rest of the country drink Lyons out of spite for Cork people.

Comment

The other day I was driving into town at 1:45 and as Marty was playing something annoying on Lyric and I didn't have my MP3 player so I left Liveline with Joe run.
                          First punter up is a Woman from Kells who is having a problem that at her house, the car remote controls and a garage door remote have all stopped working in the last few weeks. She had tried a few things including calling the council who referred her to the Guards and they came and their car remote locking wouldn't work there either.
                          So obviously there is something going on within the Electromagnetic spectrum that is causing problem, some transmission or other that is creating interference. So I'm kind of interested now being a bit of a Radio and RF geek. This being our national radio station I expect that Joe is going to put her in touch with someone from a RF Lab in one of our colleges or maybe a senior engineer with Telecom or Vodafone ... Yea right.
                          First up is a locksmith whose theory on the cause of the problem is that she has installed a car alarm that is interfering . No She says its just what was bought with the car. OK then he says I'm fcuked if I know what it is then and our expert is gone.
                          For the next fifteen minutes there was a procession of the mildly mentally handicapped offering whatever ridonkulous theory came into their pea brained heads about the cause of the problem. One gobshyte insisted it was because there were people receiving Eastern European stations on their satellite dishes and my favourite a Woman who reckoned for some bizzare reason that the optical illusion at the Spelga Dam in the North where it appears that cars roll uphill was being caused by there being 'too much' water behind the dam and that if there was a lake with too much water in it near Kells then that was probably what was stopping the remote locking from working.
                          At that point I turned the radio off out of respect for my sanity.
                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 18-02-10, 15:47.

Comment

Going to the British Museum on Saturday alright, bringing my friend there for her first visit (very exciting!), I've been there many many times but will no doubt find something new.

My hotel in Southwark is RIGHT beside the Tate but I was there a few years ago and did not enjoy it much; modern and contemporary art is just wasted on me, give me the old stuff anyday

Anyone ever play in the Empire on Leicester Sq? Much closer to me thanthe Vic on Edgware Rd.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                              Wolves get slapped with a 25k 'suspended' fine for fielding an understrength side at Old Trafford.

Harsh?
                              Did Man U not do the exact same thing v Hull recently?
                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Lyons
                                Barrys
                                Other (please specify)
                                Twinings Earl Grey
                                Earl Grey is ordinary tea that is infused with oil of bergamot

Comment

Lyons
                                  Barrys
                                  Other (please specify)
                                  Texas
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                                    what shooting was this? friend was the luas coming home fromtown on tues night. saw some young fella on the ground blood pouring from his head, approx 40 gaurds areound him, sqauds flying up and down. this was near the black horse pub i think. she was listening for some news on radio but dont think she got any. just wondering if this be in around the same incident?
                                    That luas stop is actually my stop only down the road from me, i highly doubt that it had anything to do with this, i think the luas stops running around half 12ish and this shooting happened around half 2.
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Lyons
                                        Barrys
                                        Other (please specify)
                                        Long Island Ice

Comment

Lots of debate on 2+2 about that. General consensus seems to be it would need to revert to a regular tournament once the player pool shrinks sufficiently.
                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Moved to another table with other people who have just folded as well. How is this hard to see?
                                            thanks, don't know what I was thinking.

Comment

'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                Raises an interesting point alright, more about providing public data online in general imo.

For example I've recently registered a domain name and had to give contact details including name, number, address etc.
                                                These details are displayed on a public database, i've contacted digiweb (who i'm using for hosted) to see if they provide a service to hide some of these details (ie. address and telephone number), still no reply yet.
                                                Dom I'm sure you are aware of this, your details are available on that website.
                                                If you find out how you can change this, let me know please.

Cheers,

Comment

Guys looking for a really good bottle of perfume for the missus and also a really good bottle of aftershave for myself - any recommendations?

Comment

Any tea that comes with a string on the bag generally sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Chopper View Post
                                                      Guys looking for a really good bottle of perfume for the missus and also a really good bottle of aftershave for myself - any recommendations?
                                                      Not sure about her but for yourself...

Diesel 'only the brave.' Also you should buy them up north. Go to newry for the day and you will save a bundle.

Comment

I can only imagine how bad the recommendations you are going to get on here are.
                                                        Last edited by The C Kid; 18-02-10, 16:23. Reason: Already started as above.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                          Am in London for work and having nothing planned between the time of finishing work (around 7pm) and meeting my friend tomorrow (around 5pm) - recommendations for things to do? Poker? Museums? Etc... I've been to most of the museums but might hit the Imperial War Musuem again, only there once years ago. Staying in Southwark tonight and South Kensington for rest of the weekend. Muchos gracias!
                                                          Comedy clubs in london are grand places to be on your sweeney

Between finishing work at 7 and time getting to a club means you might be as well to book a ticket online if you see one you fancy
                                                          Last edited by Guest; 18-02-10, 16:31. Reason: *

Comment

Not sure about her but for yourself...

Diesel 'only the brave.' Also you should buy them up north. Go to newry for the day and you will save a bundle.

I am in London at the moment, flying from stansted tomorrow.

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                            I can only imagine how bad the recommendations you are going to get on here are.
                                                            I'm sort of hoping people would remember smells from the conquests

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                              Oddee goes for the top 15 Recession Grafitti today.

Some excellent pieces

All of Banksy's stuff is excellent. Wall and piece is a great little book.

Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

You still living in the 90s ya?

I suppose it does depend on age group. Girls aged 18-23 love 'only the brave' on a guy tho. Fact.

Comment

You still living in the 90s ya?

I suppose it does depend on age group. Girls aged 18-23 love 'only the brave' on a guy tho. Fact.
                                                                  I take it your gf is a bit too young to appreciate it so???
                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I'm sort of hoping people would remember smells from the conquests
                                                                    You should have said! My conquests normally smell of chips and vodka and red bull!

This isnt a bad perfume

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                      Phenomenally touching piece about Roger Ebert of cinema reviewing fame.

Nearly four years ago, he lost his ability to talk, to drink, and to eat. But he has never seemed more alive.

Almost worth bookmarking if not in the mood for it now.
                                                                      Fantastic read WP
                                                                      Ebert is such a hero so rarely wrong about a movie.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                          That luas stop is actually my stop only down the road from me, i highly doubt that it had anything to do with this, i think the luas stops running around half 12ish and this shooting happened around half 2.
                                                                          only gettin back on now.

a bit of coincidence thou, ur stop her seeing what she saw near the same stop. just wrong timing unless yere all killin each other down there and ppl have stopped counting.
                                                                          http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                            You should have said! My conquests normally smell of chips and vodka and red bull!

This isnt a bad perfume

Looks a bit like a dodgey jappo sex toy. Would be a bit careful getting that for a gf...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              and my favourite a Woman who reckoned for some bizzare reason that the optical illusion at the Spelga Dam in the North [/B].
                                                                              From Clontarf?

Comment

Handiest/cheapest way from gatwick to london central anyone?
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Gatwick Express train surely.

Comment

I remember I worked in an office with a girl and she used to constantly drink this pu er tea. It was some kind of tea that was supposed to increase the speed of your metabolism and make her slim. So about four to five times a day she would come in with a cup of this tripe and it used to smell like some really pungent fish matter. It reminded me of driving through Killybegs - which itself is a minus.

Also, Lyons Gold Blend is solid. I went through a phase of using Lyons tea leaves which is definitely nicer but too messy to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                      Looks a bit like a dodgey jappo sex toy. Would be a bit careful getting that for a gf...
                                                                                      Your obv not meeting the right type of women....

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                        Your obv not meeting the right type of women....
                                                                                        Nonsense, my women wouldn't be into the rip offs though...

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                          Handiest/cheapest way from gatwick to london central anyone?
                                                                                          If you prebook online the standard train is much cheaper and just a few minutes longer than the Express . No use if you buy on the day though.

Comment

Major no-no to The Gatwick Express.
                                                                                            Book a seat online on a Southern Trains going from Gatwick to London, usually able to pre-book for £5.50. Gatwick Express is 3 times that (though it is 2 minutes quicker).

Comment

For Women:

Pour Homme:

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                I remember I worked in an office with a girl and she used to constantly drink this pu er tea. It was some kind of tea that was supposed to increase the speed of your metabolism and make her slim. So about four to five times a day she would come in with a cup of this tripe and it used to smell like some really pungent fish matter. It reminded me of driving through Killybegs - which itself is a minus.

Also, Lyons Gold Blend is solid. I went through a phase of using Lyons tea leaves which is definitely nicer but too messy to keep up.
                                                                                                but did she look good

Comment

Originally posted by redzerdrog View Post
                                                                                                  but did she look good
                                                                                                  +1

Would ya?

Comment

Would anyone know any good solicitors in the dublin area that would handle a civil matter???? pm name and phone number please Thanks

Comment

For men just go with something classic. Chanel Allure, Obsession, Aqua Di Gio, Hermes etc.

Comment

Standard enough for me!!

PokerStars Game #39948516530: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00 USD) - 2010/02/18 12:41:46 ET
                                                                                                        Table 'Sycorax X' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
                                                                                                        Seat 1: harrebar ($180.40 in chips)
                                                                                                        Seat 2: UUUm ($100 in chips)
                                                                                                        Seat 3: UPSshipitUPS ($113.75 in chips)
                                                                                                        Seat 4: mamatran1 ($22 in chips)
                                                                                                        Seat 5: ******* ($121.90 in chips)
                                                                                                        Seat 6: rZz99 ($108.80 in chips)
                                                                                                        mamatran1: posts small blind $0.50
                                                                                                        ******: posts big blind $1
                                                                                                        *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                                        Dealt to ******* [5d Qc Th Qh]
                                                                                                        rZz99: folds
                                                                                                        harrebar: calls $1
                                                                                                        UUUm: folds
                                                                                                        UPSshipitUPS: folds
                                                                                                        mamatran1: folds
                                                                                                        ******: checks
                                                                                                        *** FLOP *** [5c 2d Qd]
                                                                                                        ******: bets $2.40
                                                                                                        harrebar: calls $2.40

*** TURN *** [5c 2d Qd] [8c]
                                                                                                        *******: bets $6
                                                                                                        harrebar: calls $6

*** RIVER *** [5c 2d Qd 8c] [8d]
                                                                                                        ******: bets $16
                                                                                                        harrebar: raises $50.40 to $66.40
                                                                                                        ******: raises $46.10 to $112.50 and is all-in
                                                                                                        harrebar: calls $46.10

*** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                                                        *******: shows [5d Qc Th Qh] (a full house, Queens full of Eights)
                                                                                                        harrebar: shows [8h Td 8s Jd] (four of a kind, Eights)
                                                                                                        harrebar collected $241.30 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***
                                                                                                        Total pot $244.30 | Rake $3
                                                                                                        Board [5c 2d Qd 8c 8d]
                                                                                                        Seat 1: harrebar showed [8h Td 8s Jd] and won ($241.30) with four of a kind, Eights
                                                                                                        Seat 2: UUUm folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                                                        Seat 3: UPSshipitUPS (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                                                        Seat 4: mamatran1 (small blind) folded before Flop
                                                                                                        Seat 5: ******* (big blind) showed [5d Qc Th Qh] and lost with a full house, Queens full of Eights
                                                                                                        Seat 6: rZz99 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comment

Mila Kunis in a blue dress >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blue Dress Girl IMO

Comment

Just got Eircom 24mb broadband in, watch out tonight rapidshare imo.
                                                                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Lyons
                                                                                                              Barrys
                                                                                                              Other (please specify)

For fruit teas you got to go with Lemon & Ginger or Peppermint and Eucalyptus. Twinings or Barry's do cheap and acceptable versions of both.
                                                                                                              Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 18-02-10, 17:58.
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

For men just go with something classic. Chanel Allure, Obsession, Aqua Di Gio, Hermes etc.
                                                                                                                i find aqua di gio irritating now, might just be sick of it. polo black is a solid choice too.

Comment

just laid four horses and all won. i think i might have to reverse my strategy.

Comment

Gatwick Express train surely.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    If you prebook online the standard train is much cheaper and just a few minutes longer than the Express . No use if you buy on the day though.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    Major no-no to The Gatwick Express.
                                                                                                                    Book a seat online on a Southern Trains going from Gatwick to London, usually able to pre-book for £5.50. Gatwick Express is 3 times that (though it is 2 minutes quicker).
                                                                                                                    Im unable to book online so that is out of the question due to no credit card.
                                                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

adree de santi >>>>>> Mila Kunis in a blue dress >>> Blue Dress Girl imo

Attached Files

Comment

lloyd if you like that I reckon you would really dig their Assam tea, try it out.
                                                                                                                        Cool. I'd always have plenty of Barry's and the above mentioned ready to go. No harm in buying a box of something else.
                                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                          just laid four horses and all won. i think i might have to reverse my strategy.
                                                                                                                          let me know what your backing - ill lay it!

aftershaves - emporio armani in the black cylinder- the biz

like izzey miyaki too. The old school hugo boss or burberry weekender
                                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X