This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
    On the employment/poker argument i would have no hesitation hiring someone if they are capable enough to do the job however some restrictions such as internet access on their pcs would be put in place for obvious reasons.
    obv IPB would be accessible?
    Last edited by Ace; 16-02-10, 16:16.

Comment

A big lol at the government, i was at a Transport & Logistics function last week and you would think the Minister for Transport would come along, oh no we had the joy of listening to the Minister for Education spout on for 20 mins about government policy and other such nonsense which had fck all to do with the function.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        obv IPB would be viewable?
        What i meant by restrictions was actually no access at all
        Last edited by Jackyback; 16-02-10, 16:25.

Comment

TO Employers - ALL poker players are Degens, simple fact.

TO Discerning Employers. Some poker players display some real business skills in becoming winning poker players and when working and committed to you will probably be great employee whilst at this level. HOWEVER, they are winning poker players and as Hitchhiker has mentioned they have an independance outside of the role you offer them that undermines you as a boss/employer . There are hard times in business just like in poker so when the going get's tough they really don't have to stick around with the rest. Unfortunately employers do generalise. Saying you are a winning/losing/all dancing poker player defines you as a poker player, you will need to be very selective to who you send you CV to. My advice is not to define yourself as a poker player BUT to define yourself via the characteristics of a winning employee. Thst is the critical point.

That's the benefit of my 20 years working anyway. I dunno why I'm so interested in the discussion. Guess I'm just looking for something to take my mind off Rooneys hatrick tonight. Please Fergie don't pick Park.

Comment

Just broke up with a bird, she cried, defo doing it by text message next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              I watched this on TG4 last night, wasnt it such a great goal, easily one of the best I have ever seen scored, only made better by the fact that he scored it against Dublin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeude2fn-4I
              yea i remember being in the hill for this goal and as much as i hated them scoring it was a great goal, pity it was against us

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                Over/Under bet on how long it takes before we see her Posting Here?

Comment

Wayne Coyne's ,of the Flaming Lips, house is so sick.

Cool site to check out in general too.
                  Last edited by The C Kid; 16-02-10, 16:43.

Comment

Originally posted by K1NG View Post

What Hitchhiker said vvvvvv:

I have mine coming up in April. Looking forward to getting it out of the way, but dreading it at the same time!
                    In Italy for a lot of courses this has to be done before you can graduate. I was at one graduation over there where it was the same as a graduation here with family, friends, gowns etc. except that the guy graduating had to face this panel and answer questions on his thesis in front of everybody.

Apparently vomiting on stage in front of the committee is quite common as a result of the nerves!

Comment

for anyone interested in the winter olympics this is a brilliant site for all the action www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/

the mens curling is starting at 5 scotland v sweden should be a good match

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                        TO Employers - ALL poker players are Degens, simple fact.

This is just blindly untrue. I can think of 10+ professional poker players who are not. fwiw im not particularly saying this isnt me.

TO Discerning Employers. Some poker players display some real business skills in becoming winning poker players and when working and committed to you will probably be great employee whilst at this level. HOWEVER, they are winning poker players and as Hitchhiker has mentioned they have an independance outside of the role you offer them that undermines you as a boss/employer . There are hard times in business just like in poker so when the going get's tough they really don't have to stick around with the rest. Unfortunately employers do generalise. Saying you are a winning/losing/all dancing poker player defines you as a poker player, you will need to be very selective to who you send you CV to. My advice is not to define yourself as a poker player BUT to define yourself via the characteristics of a winning employee. Thst is the critical point.

That's the benefit of my 20 years working anyway. I dunno why I'm so interested in the discussion. Guess I'm just looking for something to take my mind off Rooneys hatrick tonight. Please Fergie don't pick Park.
                        Alot of successful poker players, are so because they have proper balanced lives. With gym visits, dedication to girlfriends/football teams and their own friends. Yet still maintaining the obedience to be successful in their careers. People who are able to suceed keeping their life so balanced, and yet achieve success in poker (mainly online) would have alot of very desireable skills. To say they would be the first to "abandon" the team when the going gets tough, is infact offensive.

I think you are clouding your judgement of poker players you may encounter on a regular basis, with those who are actually doing it successfully for a long period of time, whilst living balnced lives. These people would be well capable for most positions of employment.

When "one of our own" are so happy to apply general stereotypes, then realistically - what hope is there for a random interviewer

FWIW - rooney first goal for sure. Man U 1-0 win, on the break, back post header!!!
                        GAA News Website

Comment

Also - El St or Willie, would you not hire Doke because of his current profession?
                          GAA News Website

Comment

Obv a decent winrate would factor into the decision making when hiring, like who wants to hire a busto loosing poker player.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                              Alot of successful poker players, are so because they have proper balanced lives. With gym visits, dedication to girlfriends/football teams and their own friends. Yet still maintaining the obedience to be successful in their careers. People who are able to suceed keeping their life so balanced, and yet achieve success in poker (mainly online) would have alot of very desireable skills. To say they would be the first to "abandon" the team when the going gets tough, is infact offensive.

I think you are clouding your judgement of poker players you may encounter on a regular basis, with those who are actually doing it successfully for a long period of time, whilst living balnced lives. These people would be well capable for most positions of employment.

When "one of our own" are so happy to apply general stereotypes, then realistically - what hope is there for a random interviewer

FWIW - rooney first goal for sure. Man U 1-0 win, on the break, back post header!!!
                              It is unlikely that the person that you describe will ever be in an interview looking for a job where it would matter what they have been doing for the last n years.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Can anyone remember why the matches ended up like this, like was stuff said in papers beforehand?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_-J3zs_82k&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Meh, I thought I was clear as to what I was saying.

I wouldn't hire Doke. He'd be up till all hours playing Sats. No good for an 8 am meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                    MDWexford is a Villa fan, not him.
                                    Thanks for clearing that up. Myself and MdWexford in the same sentence makes me shudder.

Where is he anyway? His and RichieLaywlor's posts about pretending to know anything about horse racing amused me.
                                    Last edited by Guest; 16-02-10, 17:05.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      Why do you think it is pgodkin? pgodkin is signed up here under that name too.

Could someone cliff note why my name is showin up in posts and i haven't been in for a while?????

also Kayroo = nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                        Could someone explain to me why that spider pig lark was funny

I never saw the point of it,
                                        Was it indeed muck or is it just the cultural joke that proved ive gotten old?
                                        The Spider Pig and Harry Plooper gags were indeed cultural references about the the 2 blockbuster release films that The Simpsons would be competing against - "Spider Man 3" and "Harry Potter and the Reacharound" or whatever it was.

But I think they were funny in and of themselves anyway.

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                        I wouldn't hire Doke. He'd be up till all hours playing Sats. No good for an 8 am meeting.
                                        Also what if in the middle of the meeting he took the notion to go running around the table for 48 hours straight?
                                        Last edited by hotspur; 16-02-10, 17:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          There was funny parts?

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                            Could someone cliff note why my name is showin up in posts and i haven't been in for a while?????

also Kayroo = nuts!
                                            somebody thought you were Eddie Durkin -

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post

also Kayroo =the nuts!
                                              FYP
                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                for a casual player yeah, but for a pro that can't be the case, mentioning poker is surely preferable to having a huge unexplainable gab in your employment history.
                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                make something plausible up instead IMO

'I was travelling'

'I was working in the local community'

'I was abducted by aliens'
                                                I've literally started doing volunteer work lately for this exact point...and to have a reference.

Edit: oh and because I'm a nice guy aswell...

Comment

Can anyone remember why the matches ended up like this, like was stuff said in papers beforehand?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_-J3...eature=related
                                                  man, we got owned so bad.

Comment

The sickos queueing outside the supermarket to buy pancakes. If i was interviewing i'd ask the do they like pancakes and of they said they did i would discount them. I'd slip the question in there all casual like.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                      Has Chucky the tree joined this site?
                                                      Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                      Another guy I haven't seen here yet is Chucky the tree, he is a sports bettor too.
                                                      I've ruled out GL2ME because of the sports betting.

lofuckingl. Eddie is far to simple/dumb to be mistaken for me. I suppose as a troll it's possible.

Comment

somebody thought you were Eddie Durkin -
                                                        Why does he post retarded stuff too and not talk goodly like my?????

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                          lofuckingl. Eddie is far to simple/dumb to be mistaken for me. I suppose as a troll it's possible.
                                                          This is a forum. Totally different to the real world

Im smarter than you

Also semibluff-tommygunne check your pm's or the football thread pls!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            1. Do you queue to get onto a plane?
                                                            Mandatory these days given the volume of hand luggage compared with the space available.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                              In Italy for a lot of courses this has to be done before you can graduate. I was at one graduation over there where it was the same as a graduation here with family, friends, gowns etc. except that the guy graduating had to face this panel and answer questions on his thesis in front of everybody.

Apparently vomiting on stage in front of the committee is quite common as a result of the nerves!
                                                              A mate of mine had to go through that in Italy - her viva was open to the public and, apparently, a lot of the academic staff come along. She also had friends and family over - without realising that they would be allowed in so then had to face that terrifying prospect.

I would hate that - much easier to have it out of sight, so that I can slip a brown envelope to the external examiner.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

Getting kidnapped by terrorists and being held underground would be a major drawback to hiring some pro poker players into the work environment though. Major occupational hazard.
                                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Looking for a tune ID if anyone knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                    Getting kidnapped by terrorists and being held underground would be a major drawback to hiring some pro poker players into the work environment though. Major occupational hazard.
                                                                    some poker players may just be un-employable also!

LOL
                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                      This is a forum. Totally different to the real world

Im smarter than you

Also semibluff-tommygunne check your pm's or the football thread pls!
                                                                      please reply to my request in the soccer thread before we can book . . .
                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

everton v sportin lisbon on setanta atm

Comment

What was Danny doing last weekend???
                                                                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post

LOL

post of the year

he's a ringer for him

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                              I've literally started doing volunteer work lately for this exact point...and to have a reference.

Edit: oh and because I'm a nice guy aswell...
                                                                              Was it in response to this ad:

Name Rehabilitation Assistant
                                                                              Organisation Name Acquired Brain Injury Ireland
                                                                              CreatedDate 01/07/2009
                                                                              Main Category Health/Disability
                                                                              Tasks Assist the person to re engage in their community i.e. go to Bookies, use public transport, go for lunch & manage money/change. This person has a great love of 'backing horses' and grew up on Northside of Dublin city and was previously a taxi driver. The main objective of this position is to "enable" the person to live independently and confidently in the community again following their brain injury. The role is about helping the individual to help themselves rather than "doing" things for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post

Cheeky photoshop of Danny with Basterau's hair needed imo

Comment

Great goal by Everton

Comment

On the whole job front thing.

Dont mention it on your cv or in interview, it is only going to be viewed as a negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                      Looking for a tune ID if anyone knows it.

http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/23892841/file.html
                                                                                      michel cleis - la mezcla, pretty meh..

Comment

Wayne Coyne's ,of the Flaming Lips, house is so sick.

Cool site to check out in general too.
                                                                                        Wouldnt be my cup of tea at all like living in the waiting room of a hollywood plastic surgeons office.

Comment

Originally posted by redzerdrog View Post
                                                                                          for anyone interested in the winter olympics this is a brilliant site for all the action www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/

the mens curling is starting at 5 scotland v sweden should be a good match
                                                                                          The HD one is better: http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/hd

Last edited by 6starpool; 16-02-10, 20:00.

Comment

Also, when people are speculating who Eddie Durkin is can you please not refer to other posters you think it might be as retards or similar please?

Comment

I just turned into my hero Victor Meldrew this evening, got to the post office at 5.25 and the shutters were going up, just in time I said. Eh no sorry love we close at 5.30.

Eh it's not 5.30 yet .
                                                                                              it is by our clock.

gaghahgh afgha;fhh;ahg afgafgag agafgafgafgfgfg agafgafgafgg
                                                                                              no wonder the country agghjbjgjf adjhfhghfhr afdahghghg the laws of physics fggfhfhhbhfhfh

she wasn't impressed the ol hag

SHe had a mush like the old boot in that Meteor ad. Ya know the COW, next time yiz come up with yer revolutionarry ideas blah blah, someone hoof that geebag.

Comment

Cried after being dumped by a degenerate gambler?
                                                                                                Thats a proper burd imo, you should have changed yer mind pronto, told her it was a joke!

What pubs in sligo is she likely to drown her sorrows?

is it worth changing me jocks for?
                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 16-02-10, 18:58.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Also, when people are speculating who Eddie Durkin is can you please not refer to other posters you think it might be as retards or similar please?
                                                                                                  Was looking at those posts alright and thinking it could only end badly!

Comment

Originally posted by nicK View Post
                                                                                                    michel cleis - la mezcla, pretty meh..

It's not the original mix of it though. Edit: It might be another track he did. I'll hunt it down
                                                                                                    Last edited by Teddie; 16-02-10, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                                      Thanks for clearing that up. Myself and MdWexford in the same sentence makes me shudder.

Where is he anyway? His and RichieLaywlor's posts about pretending to know anything about horse racing amused me.
                                                                                                      Id say the feeling is mutual.
                                                                                                      If i was being associated with you i would be very unhappy.
                                                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Agh bad start for united

Comment

that OG fellow scores against United. When did they sell him.

Comment

On tv the TV3 audio was about 2 seconds ahead of the picture. The commentator was calling goal before he even struck it. They just lost the contract to sky.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                              On tv the TV3 audio was about 2 seconds ahead of the picture. The commentator was calling goal before he even struck it. They just lost the contract to sky.
                                                                                                              Its tilting the shyte outta me
                                                                                                              they are awful muppets

ooh and LolCarrickOffThePaceBadMarkingments

Comment

United getting roasted.

Comment

Should be 2 by now, although there is a long way to go in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                    Was the same online, switched to sopcast.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

are the sopcast streams ok?
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

i love ronaldinho, nice to see him regaining some form

Comment

I'm loving this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pytYua_t-Ww[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X