X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[x] IPO ticket

[x] Itunes updated

[x] balla headphones

[ ] shades (sorry I just cant do the shades thing too ghey)

very excited for this - pity Im not playing until tomorrow but I might pop down today to soak up a bit of the atmosphere. good luck to everyone playing lets have an all IPB final table

Comment

ah man thought i was havin a bad day but just seen that one of the chilian miners was told he forgot to clock in...

Comment

Cheap Samsung 1TB usb 2.0

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S2-Portable-Drive-Midnight/dp/B003UT2QTQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=computers&qid=1287132524&sr=8-1[/ame]
        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

OK got IPO tomorrow. Cliffs on how to play donkaments?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            Be aggro as fook early on to build a stack, if not you bust out and go drinking... Struture is fairly solid for 1st few hours but i noticed last year that as it got later and later everyone tightened up 'to make the final day'. If around that long this year will be going nuts about that time

Comment

Bring peanuts and keep shouting "I've got the nuts".Sit back while hilarity ensues.

Nobody has heard it before either.
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                is it just me or does the guy in the Mickey mouse teeshirt on the left in this picture

if you add a dozen or so ultra marathons,
                couple of gallons of vino....
                hours of crushing the online world,
                fast forward 25 years and
                BOOM

I think that T shirt now belongs to Cat O'Neill
                My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Just raise and bet blindly, 3b and squeeze at every oppurtunity and if anyone decides to play back stick them in. Ez.

Comment

Yeah I'm defo gonna lag it up this year. Last year was a joke. Spent 10 hours hovering between 8k and 14k and wanted to go on a penguin punching rampage when I finally got knocked out.

If Mr. TommyGunne is reading, are you playing and if so is it tomorrow. I know zero people going this year. Might drop over and say hello @ the update desk.

Comment

lol

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

NSFW

SPOILER

Comment

Clever ploy to get lots of thanks, 3 separate posts of thanks worthy material. WP.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                              Wasted 73 mins of my life watching Jonah Hex, i advise none of you do similar.

it was disapointing.
                              Made me want to read the graphic novels though
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                Clever ploy to get lots of thanks, 3 separate posts of thanks worthy material. WP.
                                a little something for everyone in the audience, meeting the needs and requirements of the various vertical market segments etc etc....

Comment

You are a man of the people, I salute you.

Comment

Time for a rock cliché...damn Freebird is awesome!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkTQUtx818w[/ame]

Going to see the Doobie Brothers in a few weeks, can't wait

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5e3M6v-rCQ[/ame]

I've tickets for Roger Waters: The Wall live next year, could be epic!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY[/ame]

Comment

Yeah I'm defo gonna lag it up this year. Last year was a joke. Spent 10 hours hovering between 8k and 14k and wanted to go on a penguin punching rampage when I finally got knocked out.

If Mr. TommyGunne is reading, are you playing and if so is it tomorrow. I know zero people going this year. Might drop over and say hello @ the update desk.
                                      Il be there Rob

2 questions

1. does the main poker area have wi-fi?

2. what time does the bar open at?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                        Il be there Rob

2 questions

Meet for pints early imo.

Comment

Il be there Rob

2 questions

Cool I'll keep an eye out. Afaik Carfax said it does, but no laptops allowed at tables. I guess the bar will be open from 10 ish.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                            Time for a rock cliché...damn Freebird is awesome!
                                            I assume you know the history behind yelling 'freebird' at gigs. For those of us who've shouted it thinking we were original :-(
                                            Read attached

Saw the Doobies in the RDS years ago, very disappointing gig. I'm blamed it on the venue

Comment

Cool I'll keep an eye out. Afaik Carfax said it does, but no laptops allowed at tables. I guess the bar will be open from 10 ish.
                                              I'm playing tomorrow also.
                                              Know no one there so will be hanging around the IPB desk.

Internet poker is unsocial is seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Internet poker is unsocial is seems.
                                                Yeah but its also better

Comment

Also playing tomorrow, will say hello.
                                                  "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

going to be interesting putting faces to names

Comment

Its a bit of a surreal experience alright - like it doesnt happen very often that you introduce yourself quickly followed by "Im xxxx from internet land"

Comment

Pretend to be someone else on here and go wild.

Comment

Its a bit of a surreal experience alright - like it doesnt happen very often that you introduce yourself quickly followed by "Im xxxx from internet land"
                                                          Would be weirder if my real name wasnt Mike

Comment

Just before anyone asks - the 2097 doesn't mean anything

Comment

hmmm, who to be?

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                                                Just before anyone asks - the 2097 doesn't mean anything

Comment

pretend to be chd
                                                                  refuse any offers of drink
                                                                  arrive with an irish times neatly folded and tucked under your arm
                                                                  during breaks pull out a pair of spectacles and read the financial section and if some one asks you something look out over the top of the paper and the spectacles at the same time
                                                                  also a brown tweed jacket with denim patches sown into the elbows would complete the rousse

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Ugh cant shake of a cold/flu for the last two months. May have to go the doctor lol. Shivering on a regular basis, going delirious at night, aches and pains all around my body, constantly have a sore throat etc.. am i over reacting? should i man up?

Comment

Yep, all call over to say hello to the updaters. I'll be there all weekend from about 4.30 today. Be good to meet a few more of you.

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
                                                                        Ugh cant shake of a cold/flu for the last two months. May have to go the doctor lol. Shivering on a regular basis, going delirious at night, aches and pains all around my body, constantly have a sore throat etc.. am i over reacting? should i man up?
                                                                        go to the doc 6 weeks ago

Comment

hmmm, who to be?
                                                                          Me?
                                                                          Sounds like a dose of aids.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                            I assume you know the history behind yelling 'freebird' at gigs. For those of us who've shouted it thinking we were original :-(
                                                                            think i might start shouting freebird at gigs now

Was at a Bad Manners gig in Cork a few years ago
                                                                            cracking gig, comes to the encore and the whole house are shout "more more"

im confused and the band are not coming out

so I start shouting "You fat bastard, You fat bastard"
                                                                            people start giving me the dirties, one woman says "thats not nice"

then one guy goes " ahh ya, thats what you have to shout" and joins in as does everyone else

out come the band
                                                                            the woman gives me a
                                                                            and im all about the

Comment

hard to shake thoose things off

i heard a guy died with a bad dose of them onetime

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

hmmm, who to be?
                                                                                You know BK is going so you gotta be Conbro. Watchja the mofo like Bruce.
                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Me?

If i was a horse they'd have put me down years ago

Comment

Just read Lotties Ww thread LOL. WP. I must say that chap has come out of his humour shell since the move to IPB. One of my fav posters atm

Comment

bubble after a few Shandy's introducing himself to the interweb peep's

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVla__QFfEo[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                        Just read Lotties Ww thread LOL. WP. I must say that chap has come out of his humour shell since the move to IPB. One of my fav posters atm
                                                                                        I just read it there as well.

The reveal post was absolutely hilarious - wpwp

Comment

Considering when i met you in the Voodoo and you said I'm Bubbleking but i had to prompt a real name out of you

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                            Considering when i met you in the Voodoo and you said I'm Bubbleking but i had to prompt a real name out of you
                                                                                            Did I?? thats weird I hate when people do that. I thought I always introduced my real name first.

Comment

Did I?? thats weird I hate when people do that. I thought I always introduced my real name first.
                                                                                              change your name by deed poll save a lot of hassle

Comment

Me?
                                                                                                chelsea jersey and a smell of beer?

the transformation is complete..

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                  What makes me laugh is that my phone has jbravado , dbc, chd and kayroo in the dictionary now and numbers are saved under ipb names!

Just to note that i do not have any of the aforementioned phone numbers! Just from texts and ww game etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                    change your name by deed poll save a lot of hassle
                                                                                                    meh bubbleking was my handle in my noob days

now id like to think its "the big dog" and i dont like triple barrel names - no offence CHD

Comment

yeah, I've been to a few real world meet ups from online communities.
                                                                                                      1st one was back in 2001.
                                                                                                      Having people address you all night in a crowded bar by your online handle is a little weird.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If i was a horse they'd have put me down years ago
                                                                                                        You'd be an aidshorse.
                                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

chelsea jersey and a smell of beer?

the transformation is complete..
                                                                                                          Chelsea jersey, Adidas tracksuit bottoms, white shoes and a tight haircut. Look like you live in your own world and don't know where you are.

Comment

meh bubbleking was my handle in my noob days

now id like to think its "the big dog" and i dont like triple barrel names - no offence CHD
                                                                                                            Jealousy is part of todays world, it is ok.

Comment

Smurphs other half used to call me 'Scummyscouser' in the Fitz THis was my favourite of my many boards.ie usernamea (apart from Middle FInger) but it backfired when I went to the Fitz.
                                                                                                              I remember in a feedback thread on boards some MOD tanked up on da powah told me I was walking on fking THIN ICE PAL. LOL. My reply was deleted and my ban immediate. All I ever wanted was a nice little forum like ye have here on IPB. Was it too much to ask? Obv not.

Comment

Has to be old, but I've never seen it before.
                                                                                                                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Ah yeah, you were eyeing up the food though so was excusable, its grand for me as I can get the Ste part in

Altho some lad I haven't seen round in ages at tourns had taken to calling me The Ghost which i rather liked! Might change the IPB name to that

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqh8e2KYIrU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58
                                                                                                                      Thats Yourself isn't it ? I'd recognise that
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      ginger head
                                                                                                                      anywhere
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58
                                                                                                                        Much as I'd love to take the credit, its not me.
                                                                                                                        Is that picture actually working for you?I'm just getting a red X.
                                                                                                                        Pic is from Lissadell.
                                                                                                                        It works when i click SP's link anyway...

Comment

Its a bit of a surreal experience alright - like it doesnt happen very often that you introduce yourself quickly followed by "Im xxxx from internet land and i'm a big deal"
                                                                                                                          fyp.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X