• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
      Interpretations for this facebook wall post pls:

Was going to take the piss, but think the girl in question might just have been trying to be deep
      Something to do with cancer awareness I believe

Comment

Its something to do with Cancer support, girls are supposed to say "I like it in " and there's specific endings depending on things.

Don't ask me what these things are, but its like that yoke when girls just put a colour as their status.

Comment

already had to google that this week

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and the "I like it on" trend is an attempt for women to unite around that cause in a top secret way. The idea is to leave men in the dark and get their imaginations working overtime. The “I like it” reference pertains to where women like to leave their purse when at home.

damn im slow

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            What would halloween be like without Saw to look forward to, last one apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVQZIJr6z2g
            might come out of MJ retirement to see this! Went to My Bloody Valentine 3D blazed before and it was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and the "I like it on" trend is an attempt for women to unite around that cause in a top secret way. The idea is to leave men in the dark and get their imaginations working overtime. The “I like it” reference pertains to where women like to leave their purse when at home.

damn im slow
              +1

Was trying to figure this thing out but just assumed all my friends were sluts and proud about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post

damn im slow
                women really are stupid (present company excepted).

Comment

Was going to take the piss, but think the girl in question might just have been trying to be deep
                  Take the piss dude...and go for the obvious !!
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Much as I loath to pimp my own facebook... I think this explains it.

Originally posted by Ciaran's Facebook
                      Lads...... if you see a girl update her status with something like - I like it one the floor etc ,its where they hang their handbags. Women...... you will never outsmart men

Comment

On Tuesdays poker after dark that people mentioned, Viffer says something to Meltzer about Miley Cyrus. Meltzers mic goes mute(but you can see he is talking). The sound comes back and we hear him say "....but she'll be 18 soon" and smile.
                        Found it funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          i actually only came accross him last week, was looking for a new avatar. But his stuff is very much the stuff I like. not sure what I'd call the genre, pop art style acrylic meets angry voilence, pasmav??

How much would you expect to pay for a piece? Investment maybe
                          I think they class it as pop surrealism or lowbrow art

You can get one of his prints for about $100 but an original painting would go for anything from about 2K to 10k - Check out Gallery 1988 online, it's where most of his stuff is exhibited / sold as far as I know.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          It's okay I would say if you swallowed a pack of poster paints and vomited them up onto a canvas you would create something more interesting, aesthetically pleasing, and artistic than the rubbish Chueh produces.
                          Surprised that you would describe art as rubbish. Might not be your cup of tea, but think calling it rubbish is pretty sad, he is clearly talented, but each to their own I guess!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hinWQiv2rVc&feature=related[/ame]

so much want
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGJcyf9yq_0&feature=email[/ame]

Comment

I hate the fucking eagles...
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I hate the fucking eagles...
                                  This agression will not stand Dude.
                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                    As long as you dont piss on my rug, we are fine, Dude !
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Comment

Icarus was a conscientious objector.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

We believe in nothing, Lebowski!

Comment

Nice marmot, dude.
                                            Last edited by Icarus152; 08-10-10, 00:25.

Comment

where is that thread in the main form ,about youman with his mate gone?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tourist View Post
                                                Careful man, there's a beverage here!
                                                Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                Icarus was a conscientious objector.
                                                We believe in nothing, Lebowski!

Nice marmot, dude.
                                                For the record...and let the stoning comence...i was never a fan of that movie...never finished it, tried 3 times, i may give it another run.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

For the record...and let the stoning comence...i was never a fan of that movie...never finished it, tried 3 times, i may give it another run.
                                                  Oh dear,and he seemed like such a nice fellow.

Comment

Achtung baby!

Comment

You're out of your element Oleras.

Comment

Weep icarus weep - better version er I mean Ollie

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQxNbjFUWM&p=80DE2E5BBA1EDCDF&index=6&fea ture=BF"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQxNbjFUWM&p=80DE2E5BBA1EDCDF&index=6&fea ture=BF[/ame]
                                                        Last edited by Solskjaer; 08-10-10, 00:41.

Comment

You're out of your element Oleras.
                                                          I still hate the fucking eagles if that helps ? ?
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                            Surprised that you would describe art as rubbish. Might not be your cup of tea, but think calling it rubbish is pretty sad, he is clearly talented, but each to their own I guess!
                                                            Surprised you would be so reverential about what a person / people choose to term "art".

From what I've seen (only Google images) he is not "clearly talented" to me. I don't even think it's much cop as humour, which that kind of thing should be at least. I'm all for some silly bear or bunny rabbit doing something macabre that's a larf and calling it art (sure why not, Duchamp's Fountain was once voted the most influential art work of the 20th century), but I think his stuff isn't very good.

I would be no more diffident about calling Jeremy Kyle rubbish than something someone chooses to call art.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                              Weep icarus weep - better version er I mean Ollie
                                                              Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                +1

Only managed to read about half of it before going out and I was literally laughing out loud, still laughing going out the door, and sniggering walking down the street. Sheer brilliance and the responses were of a very high calibre burning quality. Was looking forward to reading it properly when I got home. No fair.

Comment

Property is booming in the uk?

I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                    Deleted to protect the creature it held within I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                      Deleted to protect the creature it held within I'd say.
                                                                      oh fuck ,that was the funniest thread i've seen in a long time .
                                                                      responces were just geniuse.

Comment

HBO series LUCK

With his arms folded, and showing just the slightest of smiles, Michael Mann stood in his office on a recent afternoon and watched the opening title sequence to the first episode of "Luck" On the screen, a montage showed racehorses, gamblers, mob men and money as the Massive Attack song "Splitting the Atom" pulsed along with its languid whispers of desire.
                                                                        Oh fuck yeah!

Opr

Comment

Nice marmot, dude.
                                                                          I thought that was wayne rooney.

Comment

Anyone know who EMPWI NTK (without the space) is on entraction. PM me if so. It's mildly important

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur
                                                                              Surprised you would be so reverential about what a person / people choose to term "art".

From what I've seen (only Google images) he is not "clearly talented" to me. I don't even think it's much cop as humour, which that kind of thing should be at least. I'm all for some silly bear or bunny rabbit doing something macabre that's a larf and calling it art (sure why not, Duchamp's Fountain was once voted the most influential art work of the 20th century), but I think his stuff isn't very good.

I would be no more diffident about calling Jeremy Kyle rubbish than something someone chooses to call art.
                                                                              Time to start an IPB book Art club?

Comment

Got second place is the Jackpot 20+20 tonight. 3 way all in for all the chips. Me 10s, old dude: k6 and chip leader:44. Of course he binks a 4. Oh well iv been running pretty damn good I guess, last 8 tourneys: 1/55, 1/64, 1/28(chop), 18/55, 7/30, 1/57, 9/21 and 2/63. Cant complain too much I guess.
                                                                                http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Warning: May contain X-Factor

Checked facebook and Cher Lloyd has an insane amount of groups/ & fans/likes compared to all other acts.
                                                                                  Personally I can't stand her, find it hard to look at her with the snarling and clownesq makeup, and I don't think she is a good rapper or much of a singer.
                                                                                  But, typically I am out of touch with everyone else because they all seem bat sh1t crazy for her. I think she is just someone who likes rap music. It's not even new to see someone rapping badly on a talent show (has happened on a few U.S versions, typically shite too).

Matt Cardle is pretty awesome and will probably end up being/doing something considered credible by the end of the process, but whether or not he can win, I dunno.

SPOILER

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzJzMbitVFg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7WeYH_2t7A[/ame]

Rebecca Ferguson is decent, but a bit annoying and I find how she sings quite affected, a Macy Gray impersonation, not that the public will give a bollox.

Simon probably wants a boy band (One Direction) to finally win X-Factor because he can probably make far more money from one, as per JLS who are probably doing better than most X-Factor winners, yes I hated them too.
                                                                                  There are probably more opportunities or ways for a group to fuck up than a solo act but perhaps they can win it.
                                                                                  The tween vote quite amazingly put Eoin Quigg top of the poll in 6 out of the first 7 shows in 2008 despite him being shite and he went on to finish 3rd. (JLS got 2nd).

One Direction have a couple of notable tweenie-esq heartthrobs who can sing, two guys who seem happy to hide in the background thus far and one Irish lad who looks hilariously out of place and as if all his christmases have come true.

SPOILER

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5UQD61Tg3E[/ame]

Anyhow, I have a pretty woeful record when it comes to betting, but I am considering a punt on either or both of these two acts. (Matt & One Direction)
                                                                                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 08-10-10, 03:19.

Comment

Checked facebook and Cher Lloyd has an insane amount of groups/ & fans/likes compared to all other acts.
                                                                                    Personally I can't stand her, find it hard to look at her with the snarling and clownesq makeup, and I don't think she is a good rapper or a much of a singer.
                                                                                    But, typically I am out of touch with everyone else because they all seem bat sh1t crazy for her. I think she is just someone who likes rap music. It's not even new to see someone rapping badly on a talent show (has happened on a few U.S versions, typically shite too).

Matt Cardle is pretty awesome and will probably end up being/doing something considered credible by the end of the process, but whether or not he can win, I dunno.

SPOILER

Rebecca Ferguson is decent, but a bit annoying and I find how she sings quite affected, a Macy Gray impersonation, not that the public will give a bollox.

Simon probably wants a boy band (One Direction) to finally win X-Factor because he can probably make far more money from one, as per JLS who are probably doing better than most X-Factor winners, yes I hated them too.
                                                                                    There are probably more opportunities or ways for a group to fuck up than a solo act but perhaps they can win it
                                                                                    The tween vote quite amazingly put Eoin Quigg top of the poll in 6 out of the first 7 shows in 2008 despite him being shite and he went on to finished 3rd. (JLS got 2nd).

One Direction have a couple of notable tweenie-esq heartthrobs who can sing, two guys who seem happy to hide in the background thus far and one Irish lad who looks hilariously out of place and as if all his christmases have come true.

SPOILER

Anyhow, I have a pretty woeful record when it comes to betting, but I am considering on a punt on either or both of these two acts. (Matt & One Direction)
                                                                                    9/10 for effort.

Comment

Spoiler for X-factors big surprise.

SPOILER
                                                                                      Stick all the loots on Wagner

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                        Spoiler for X-factors big surprise.

SPOILER
                                                                                        Stick all the loots on Wagner
                                                                                        He was a cool cat.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                        9/10 for effort.
                                                                                        Nine out of ten, okay, Ohkay, and tell me, what did you dock a mark for?

Comment

He was a cool cat.

Nine out of ten, okay, Ohkay, and tell me, what did you dock a mark for?

The bad language.

Comment

I would of docked a mark for making up a word (clownesq), yet still managing to spell it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                              I would of docked a mark for making up a word (clownesq), yet still managing to spell it wrong.
                                                                                              How can you spell a non existent word wrong?

Comment

because it's an amalgamation of two real words.

Comment

Just watched the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and I feel sick.

scary good film but couldnt watch again

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                      because it's an amalgamation of two real words.
                                                                                                      But if it isn't a word there is no correct way to spell it.

So it can't be spelled wrong.

But amalgamating clown and esq ould well be a word and means a clown with a high but indeterminate social status.

Therefore it was a word and spelled correctly.

Comment

eskimo

esque imo

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                                                                                          Rumour has it there was something going on involving Lar Corbett's wife or something...
                                                                                                          seriously...........
                                                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                            But amalgamating clown and esq ould well be a word and means a clown with a high but indeterminate social status.
                                                                                                            This guy was not of indeterminate social status. He was, as a matter of fact, one half of the rockingest band in the history of the world: WYLD STALLIONS!

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Anyhow, I have a pretty woeful record when it comes to betting, but I am considering a punt on either or both of these two acts. (Matt & One Direction)
                                                                                                              I have a few quid on Matt already. The best voice by a long way. Also a little flutter on Storm Lee to be top over 28s and a small e/w bet on the win.

Such a shame that Hussstle couldn't sing. Would have been nice to see more of the below. NSFW tags not working but they are defo NSFW!

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

you're right, they are NSFW.

You're now on my list of 'people who mean it when they say 'NSFW''.
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

boobs

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                    This guy was not of indeterminate social status. He was, as a matter of fact, one half of the rockingest band in the history of the world: WYLD STALLIONS!

Looks like Solskjaers ghey brother. (the REAL Solskjaer that is)

A girl I know was accusing me (incorrectly of course) of using a makeyuppyword.
                                                                                                                    I told her she was one to talk but she didn't get it. Wimmins.

Comment

That's just like, your opinion, man
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        That's just like, your opinion, man
                                                                                                                        you're out of your element
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Part 3 is being made!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X