Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we need to balance those pics of what the current government looks like with a happier image of what the world could look like after a blueshirt landslide
    Attached Files
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Following on from last night.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        I think we need to balance those pics of what the current government looks like with a happier image of what the world could look like after a blueshirt landslide
        sexist

wouldn't we rather have a nice picture of An Taoiseach? of course we would!

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can anyone explain to me why posts stuck up by recruitment agencies on here (and historically on boards) are invariably badly presented and lacking really basic information on the jobs concerned? Do any of ye work in recruitment? Is it a deliberate decision on your part if you're posting a job up on a discussion forum? I don't get it.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPhyJAIlNeg[/ame]

Totally gutted for Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              Can anyone explain to me why posts stuck up by recruitment agencies on here (and historically on boards) are invariably badly presented and lacking really basic information on the jobs concerned? Do any of ye work in recruitment? Is it a deliberate decision on your part if you're posting a job up on a discussion forum? I don't get it.
              because HR isn't a real job?

other examples of non-real jobs:
              • Marketing
              • PR
              • Life coaching
              • Health and safety
              • FF Taoisigh

Comment

LOL Max Silver , even his name sounds like something out of a cartoon.

Comment

anyone else think silver had the best opportunity ever to slow roll

Comment

It's possible to have immense fun with recruitment types once you realise the job boils down to:
                    (1) Appearing to know everything about something you know practically nothing about
                    (2) They will say whatever they think you want to hear to get you agree to do the interview/give them the account.

Actual conversation I had with one once:
                    "So the area in mobile comms, yes?"
                    "Um, yes"
                    "Is PMS involved?"
                    "Um, yes. PMS GSM"
                    "And what's the platform? Connolly number 2 or Pearse number one"
                    "Um......Connolly I think"
                    "Good. And the encryption? Enigma I'm guessing"
                    "Absolutely!"
                    My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      anyone else think silver had the best opportunity ever to slow roll
                      If he slow rolled in that spot he'd be changing his name to max pain

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        other examples of non-real jobs:
                        • Marketing
                        • PR
                        Both real jobs for sure...the only problem with them is they suck away your soul the longer you stay with them

Comment

Looks like I got my option A from my post a couple of weeks back sorted without the need to fill in any paperwork or do an interview, so secondment as a Senior Business Analyst (another possibly not real job for RDIII's list), here I come.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                            Both real jobs for sure...the only problem with them is they suck away your soul the longer you stay with them
                            eh, that would be all jobs there Ted

except maybe clampers

who have no souls to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Looks like I got my option A from my post a couple of weeks back sorted without the need to fill in any paperwork or do an interview, so secondment as a Senior Business Analyst (another possibly not real job for RDIII's list), here I come.
                              well done

sounds like my job, just learn some key phrases, know the location of the coffee machine, buy the boss a few scoops occasionally and you'll be grand

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                                It's possible to have immense fun with recruitment types once you realise the job boils down to:
                                (1) Appearing to know everything about something you know practically nothing about
                                (2) They will say whatever they think you want to hear to get you agree to do the interview/give them the account.

Actual conversation I had with one once:
                                "So the area in mobile comms, yes?"
                                "Um, yes"
                                "Is PMS involved?"
                                "Um, yes. PMS GSM"
                                "And what's the platform? Connolly number 2 or Pearse number one"
                                "Um......Connolly I think"
                                "Good. And the encryption? Enigma I'm guessing"
                                "Absolutely!"

I've had similar conversations meself.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

well done

sounds like my job, just learn some key phrases, know the location of the coffee machine, buy the boss a few scoops occasionally and you'll be grand
                                  LOL, the bbv curse is alive and well. 3 mins after I posted this, I got an email to advise that it had still to be approved by a certain bigwig. This is the bigwig who put the kibosh on a few similar appointments a few weeks back because 'the proper process had not been followed' although the business need for people was there, and this was the only way they could get them due to a recruitment freeze. Those people didn't have time to get the proper approvals before their end date, but at least I do if it comes to that.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                    I could see you as some kind of life coach/guru ala

lol. That could be my book title "Confessions of an unsucessful life guru".

Tagline: Making people feel good about their current shitty lives rather than aspiring to have a better life.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Tagline: Making people feel good about their current shitty lives rather than aspiring to have a better life.
                                      I reckon you'd be a fantastic life coach imo

no sugarcoating

client: my life sucks, what do I do coach?

V: let's start with your family

client: ah my beautiful wife, my three lovely children?

V: Yeah. Dump 'em. Those bloodsuckers are holding back your potential.

Comment

well done

"we must extrapolate our synergies going forward " will get you out of most tricky spots

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                          Because a proper recruitment consultant in the midst of high unemployment rates wouldn't need to go spamming an internet forum to get a suitable candidate.
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Great tune imo and a great video too which is a rarity these days

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loXxn7dMQYE[/ame]

Comment

Friend of mine just finished his thesis. Not that I'd be in a position to judge but he was one of the last people I would have expected to do a thesis. We've been loling at this for a while now

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH7Aix_SSN8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH7Aix_SSN8[/ame]

Comment

Nah your book would have to be

"Don't throw in the towel"
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Because a proper recruitment consultant in the midst of high unemployment rates wouldn't need to go spamming an internet forum to get a suitable candidate.
                                                  This.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                    That would be some pounding on the head, to have all this going on while you have the mother of all hangovers.

His handlers should be insta-fired for allowing that to happen. If he occassionally drinks too much and has a hangover every now and again then that's no biggie as we're all allowed to let off steam. Providing it doesn't happen all the time.

But surely someone from his entourage should have realised he couldn't string two words together and got another of the Ministers to go on the programme because of 'something urgent that had cropped up at the last minute'.

Actually feel a bit sorry for Brian Lenihan, who wanted this week to be about stopping the country from going bankrupt, while his brother is embracing dinosaurs and Jesus cohabitating and his prime minister is drinking his weight in Guinness.
                                                    surprising to that lenihan's handlers didn't cop what he had signed up for too. these chaps are making it tough for me to win the membership battle with fg!

Comment

Lady Gaga is a retard of the highest order and this just puts it right over the top, I really despise the bitch
                                                      she's no retard now tbf!

Comment

Off to Shanghai on Thursday for a weekend's madness, possibly featuring Ian Mc. On to Tokyo then on Tuesday morning, where I don't know anyone. Had a look at the map of the subway system there and got scared pretty quickly. I can barely locate where I need to go, never mind how to get there. Should be a fun trip anyhow.

Comment

LCD Soundsystem tickets on sale Friday for November 19th and 20th gigs. Pre Sale reduced tickets for anyone who had them to the cancelled show but only if you bought them over the net or phone.

Opr

Comment

trying to cram for medical exams on friday is not fun. Il need to get v v v v v lucky

one time etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by big_iain View Post
                                                              Tom go to London ply the ept and own this fcukers soul so bad he cries before leaving the table then either go on to win it or go. To the bad and make up a song about it

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                trying to cram for medical exams on friday is not fun. Il need to get v v v v v lucky

one time etc etc
                                                                Its prob just a minor infection, dose of antibiotics should sort it, dont stress too much !
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                  she's no retard now tbf!
                                                                  Huh???

Comment

Only a few hours to go before kick off lads. Don't be shy!

Last edited by dannydiamond; 14-09-10, 14:45.
                                                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                      Only a few days to go before kick off lads. Don't be shy!

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=4752
                                                                      Isn't it starting in a few hours?
                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                        Isn't it starting in a few hours?
                                                                        Lol yeah it is, don't know why I typed days. Edited now!

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                          Lol yeah it is, don't know why I typed days. Edited now!
                                                                          I'll ship money to you in a few days Danny if that is ok? I'll try and do it tonight, but it might be next week.

Comment

I'll ship money to you in a few days Danny if that is ok? I'll try and do it tonight, but it might be next week.
                                                                            That's fine Dom, no panic.

Comment

Pimp her in Werewolf as well Danny.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGocWTKogpg&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Huh???
                                                                                  I think the point is that although she may well be very weird and annoying, she is not stupid. She has cultivated an image that has been amazingly successful in the commercial sense over the last 18 months or so, and if she was retarded (obv not literally) she would not have been able to become a phenomenon in the fashion that she has.

Comment

Is it not just a team of PR people, image consultants and media whores that pull all the strings there?

I know Avril Lavigne was initially signed as a classical singer but the record company went 'rock her up plz'. All that skater boy shite was just branding.

Comment

the Cowen thing has gone worldwide

all joking aside (and I'm sure there's quite a few predictable Irish jokes doing the rounds), he's an embarrassment and, by association, so is the country

where's FF's Brutus?

anyone want to offer me odds that he stands down as FF leader before the end of September?

Comment

I would've thought he'd be far too egotistical and pig headed to ever stand down tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                          I would've thought he'd be far too egotistical and pig headed to ever stand down tbh.
                                                                                          bit difficult to stand when you're face down on the floor

anyone in the know will tell you about Cowen's 'fondness' for the booze, I've been referring to him as a drunk for years myself

Comment

Is it not just a team of PR people, image consultants and media whores that pull all the strings there?

I know Avril Lavigne was initially signed as a classical singer but the record company went 'rock her up plz'. All that skater boy shite was just branding.
                                                                                            Not for Lady gaga shes very much in control of everything and she's one smart cookie.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Nah your book would have to be

"Don't throw in the towel"
                                                                                              Danny I'm stealing that! Brilliant.

Comment

I think the point is that although she may well be very weird and annoying, she is not stupid. She has cultivated an image that has been amazingly successful in the commercial sense over the last 18 months or so, and if she was retarded (obv not literally) she would not have been able to become a phenomenon in the fashion that she has.
                                                                                                IMO i think she is a fucking retard and the shit she does is redic, somebody who tries to be overtly ott and to be seen as some extrovert but is actually just some music label puppet is just lolbad. Nearly everything that she does is so contrived.

I can understand where you are coming from where she has been marketed very well etc etc etc but that meat dress is so fucking stupid and I just despise her as I said earlier.

Comment

Nah, she does have people behind her obv, but it's mostly her. She worked in the industry and has a number of writing credits from before she decided to get famous herself. She's very different to say Girls Aloud who'd just be on xk a year, a small % of the touring proceeds and whatever they can get by whoring themselves out!
                                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 14-09-10, 15:25.

Comment

Danny I'm stealing that! Brilliant.
                                                                                                    Steal away steal away

Comment

Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding out how long i could holiday in Canada without visa ? Ive heard 3 and 6 months dont really want to get a visa if its 6 months as i dont plan on spending longer than that !

I cant get through to the canadian embassy.
                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                        Nah, she does have people behind her obv, but it's mostly her. She worked in the industry and has a number of writing credits from before she decided to get famous herself.
                                                                                                        Yeah AFAIK she wrote loads of stuff for other people before she went out front, and I remember hearing an interview with her way back in the day and she said she puts everything she makes back into her Live show, it may not be the case anymore but certainly when she started she had to re-invest her money into her show. She's defo not some sort of X-Factor winner or the likes.

I've a huge amount of respect for her TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post

I've a huge amount of respect for her TBH.
                                                                                                          I saw her talking some bollocks about her friends in New York telling her she killed pop music and insta- tuned her out for life.

Comment

IMO i think she is a fucking retard and the shit she does is redic, somebody who tries to be overtly ott and to be seen as some extrovert but is actually just some music label puppet is just lolbad. Nearly everything that she does is so contrived.

I can understand where you are coming from where she has been marketed very well etc etc etc but that meat dress is so fucking stupid and I just despise her as I said earlier.
                                                                                                            I agree with Danny!! I don't know how any sane person buys into stuff like lady gaga

Comment

RTE have released further details of the notorious Cowen 'hangover' interview

apparently he had a couple of sips of this tack with his dinner and that's what caused all the problems, nothing was his fault

Comment

Cliffs on what you are talking about Raoul? Havent seen any of the news today.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                  I agree with Danny!! I don't know how any sane person buys into stuff like lady gaga
                                                                                                                  Shes a scaggy dirty tramp.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                    I only listen to her because she writes great pop tunes!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                      "we must extrapolate our synergies going forward " will get you out of most tricky spots
                                                                                                                      can we look at that retrospectivly?
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Cliffs on what you are talking about Raoul? Havent seen any of the news today.
                                                                                                                        Our glorious leader appeared on Morning Ireland radio show 'tired and emotional' this morning.
                                                                                                                        Up til 4 in the morning knocking em' back at a FF boozeup in Galway, then up at 8 for the radio show.

Comment

By far and away the worst thing about moving to Spain is the bureaucracy.

From what I can gather, to get a job you need an insurance number, which you can only get if you have a job. Throw in a few obligatory visits to various police stations to get random things stamped and it is a real pain in the balls.

How can such a notionally laid back race be so uptight?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X