Originally posted by Mike View Post
    whats the name of the app?
    ChineseLite

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      ChineseLite
      no results

Comment

Here is that meat dress that has the animal rights idiots going nuts. Is that a piece of meat in Cher's hand?

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
          Here is that meat dress that has the animal rights idiots going nuts. Is that a piece of meat in Cher's hand?

That was a great oppurtunity for a random small meteor strike.

Comment

So left or right?

Comment

Lenihan pulls out of launch after controversy on the web.
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                @Conor Lenihan. Can't believe all the shock. This is the same Minister who fell asleep while waiting for a morning interview on Radio 1. When he was asked the first question, all you could hear was him snoring
                ah good auld 'Kebabs'

I doubt he knows what evolution is to be fair, Mary Coughlan didn't!
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

USIT are the biggest pack of cnuts i've ever had the displeasure of working with, clowns of the highest order. Would make me want to just stay here illegally so dont have to deal with their shit.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                      Was she the one who referred to evolution as "Einstein's theory of evolution"?!
                      the very same

Minister for Edumacation

Comment

Comment

Tis great to be back on the sod !
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

lol. the thing is Brian Lenihan is so bright. Know you yourself don't like him, but you'd have to assign him his above-average share of of brain cells. Strange that his brother turned out so incredibly dumb.
                            for a bright chap, he's made some fairly atrocious decisions

and let's face it, at the cabinet table you wouldn't exactly have to be Stephen Hawking to be classified as an intellectual...

Comment

Comment

Yes, but he's managed to contain unemployment to well under 500k for this year making him a personal hero
                                to quote another hero of the Dail:

"fuck you, hitchhiker, fuck you"

be careful though, I haven't lost a prop bet since we moved to this site

Comment

Homer Simpson's twin sister.

Comment

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend Kev.
                                      sigpic
                                      www.d4events.com

Comment

Would anyone have any interest in a stock market trading competition, maybe starting on the 1st November?

Possible format:

- 3 month rolling competition
                                        - 50 euro buyin, with maybe 70% to winner and 30% to second place
                                        - 10,000 eur notional trading pot
                                        - max five shares from anywhere in Ireland, UK and US (xe.com currency conversion rates for overseas stocks)
                                        - don't have to fully invest, non-invested cash earns 0% interest
                                        - changes to portfolio possible any evening with transaction price conducted at following day's opening price
                                        - 20 eur commission taken from trading pot per buy and sell transaction

As long as there was at least 5 people interested for the first 3 month competition we could get it started.

Think it would be great fun!
                                        Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'd be completely clueless about this kind of thing.

Point me to some literature to get me started? (the more basic the better and I don't mind paying for good books)

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                          Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'd be completely clueless about this kind of thing.

Point me to some literature to get me started? (the more basic the better and I don't mind paying for good books)
                                          +1
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

They are saying on After Hours, (and more relevantly Politics) that Cowen was hammered drunk on the radio in the last hour - slurring his words, and referring to the Croke Park agreement as the Good Friday agreement.

Anyone listening?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              They are saying on After Hours, (and more relevantly Politics) that Cowen was hammered drunk on the radio in the last hour - slurring his words, and referring to the Croke Park agreement as the Good Friday agreement.
                                              there's a surprise

they don't call it the Fianna Fail drink-in for nothing

Comment

Comment

Last edited by RasTa; 14-09-10, 09:58.

Comment

How close is this to Ballymun? www.daft.ie/1539353
                                                    your about 100 yards from the Towers pub so your in Ballymun but its not as bad as people think*

*this is based on my opinion of the place going to college in DCU

Comment

We were talking about this in here the other day, and I just posted a thread in the general poker section. Anyone in here that would like to play, could you post here or in the other thread with preferences and your intention to play.

Connie

With the Ladbrokes Irish poker festival coming up on the 1st weekend in October, I am looking at having a fun golf day in Killarney on the Thursday, Sept 30th. Ladbrokes.com have been kind enough to give me €500 in monies that i can give out to the prize-winners in their online poker accounts, say €250, €150 and €100, 1st 2nd and 3rd.I spoke with the sec/manager of the golf club this morning, and this is what he offered me.

Killarney golf club has 3 ch/ship courses

Killeen (Irish open course) -----€60

o'Mahoneys point-------€45

Lackabane-------€35

Obviously, we have to chose 1 or the other. He is holding 7 tee times for me (enough for about 20-25 players) on the Killeen course until I get back to him. These times are about lunchtime. The courses are busy, so I need to finalise it.
                                                      I'll definately have a few locals in the club who will want to play in this as well. If theres antybody on here would like to play, could you post your interest here and give your preference of course? Obviously, we will all play the same course, I just wanna get a view as to which course the majority prefer.

Connie

Comment

Lady Gaga is a retard of the highest order and this just puts it right over the top, I really despise the bitch
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Would anyone have any interest in a stock market trading competition, maybe starting on the 1st November?

Possible format:

- max five shares from anywhere in Ireland, UK and US (xe.com currency conversion rates for overseas stocks)
                                                          - changes to portfolio possible any evening with transaction price conducted at following day's opening price

As long as there was at least 5 people interested for the first 3 month competition we could get it started.

I will take half of pocketdooz's action

Comment

Originally posted by General P View Post
                                                            Long Time lurker of both the old site and here, really enjoy the banter and this site helps get me through the day when i am quiet at work.Seems like a great community, So thanks for that .....

Oh and kayroo , you come across as the biggest douche ever
                                                            He aint a douche, he's my brother (from another mother of course, because he doesnt have my great looks or skills with the womens )

Very useful lad to know, and once you get to know him an all around good guy, great lad to play cards with as well

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                            how does one play Chinese poker?
                                                            with chinese people! ship the joke of the year award????? is this the one on ppp??? i'll have a look and see if the in laws know how to play it and revert!

Comment

think someone posted this yesterday
                                                              but i think it deserves a repost
                                                              iam still laughing at it today

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2giBAfDOGw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Possible format:

vvv good idea alot better than a game with ww (i hate because i dont understand) But me in as a spare if you need a game to start, i think i should be free for this

Comment

I just do not understaned how people can dismiss the Conor Lenihan thing so lightly. He's the fucking Minister for Science FFS!

Anyone listening?
                                                                  I heard it and he didn't sound drunk but he did sound quite ropey and smoked out like he was after a very short night.
                                                                  The Meejia are being stoked up by Baldy Noonan and are having a field day and I just heard him being asked questions about it a few minutes ago and he certianly sounded a lot better than he did on Morning Ireland and he was really pissed off at the question
                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 14-09-10, 11:10.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    I just do not understaned how people can dismiss the Conor Lenihan thing so lightly. He's the fucking Minister for Science FFS!
                                                                    meh, it's not like it's a real ministry. It's just a makey-uppy junior ministry that Bertie invented to give jobs to the boys.

anyway, anything that underlines the cretinous nature of our leaders is all good in my book imo

Comment

..... he yells from the clock tower before emptying a clip of fire hot bullets into a crowd of people who looked liked there parents were related... a sence of irony ran through strewelpeter as he kept gun firmly launching bullets into the mass that tried it's best to scatter but like the sheep they are all ran together, he taught for the briefest of seconds, This was the first time these people prob went into a book shop, "HaHa" yells Strewelpeter, " you fckuers were right... reading kills"

Coming this september to a book store thats near a clock tower with an open door!

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFxwOLbImcU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFxwOLbImcU[/ame]

this is just awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                          Should I just get stuck in from the start or anyone who is a fan give me an idea what to do with his discography ?

Opr
                                                                          Yea work your way through is best IMO
                                                                          There is an Asylum years compilation that covers the earlier years fairly well but for me the standout album is Blue Valentines with Nighthawks at the diner and Heartattack and vine also essential.
                                                                          Everything changes then when he meets Kathleen in 1980 and IMO it just gets better and better from there on. The two Albums that stand out for me are the two that were made out of theatrical collaborations with Robert Wilson who they also made the Black Rider. They are Alice, a sublime musical re imagining of Lewis Carroll and and his stories and Blood Money another musical re imagining this time of an early 19th century German play called Woyznek. They had both been around for a good while before they were both released together in 2002. I hardly listened to anything else for the next two years while I tried to figure out which album I loved more, still haven't figured it out , I must give them a spin each today to see which one I like better today

Its worth making the effort to see him perform if you can get a chance always exceptional gigs.

Comment

lol, the beeb have now gotten a hold of the drunk Cowen story

election anyone?

Comment

theesh commentsh are thotally uncalled for, bashtards de lot of yiz...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                lol, the beeb have now gotten a hold of the drunk Cowen story

election anyone?
                                                                                I was expecting a Bertie rant from you this morning. Did you save yourself the stress and just not watch Freefall last night?

P.S. Working is for plebs. I'm thinking I should become a novelist and live somewhere cheap and warm with good food....
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                  P.S. Working is for plebs. I'm thinking I should become a novelist and live somewhere cheap and warm with good food....
                                                                                  My son is heading off tomorrow for a year in Toulouse University, his requirements for the year are to attend some French classes there and hand up a number of Poetry writing assignments for his creative writing course. And I have to break my bollix to pay for it FFS!

Comment

I was expecting a Bertie rant from you this morning. Did you save yourself the stress and just not watch Freefall last night?
                                                                                    I went to bed at half nine, still fecked from wedding shenanigans

just live off the wife, that's my plan

Comment

My son is heading off tomorrow for a year in Toulouse University, his requirements for the year are to attend some French classes there and hand up a number of Poetry writing assignments for his creative writing course. And I have to break my bollix to pay for it FFS!
                                                                                      being the Da of a poet I would have expected you to say:

But fumble in a greasy till.
                                                                                      And add the halfpence to the pence...

Comment

being the Da of a poet I would have expected you to say:

But fumble in a greasy till.
                                                                                        And add the halfpence to the pence...
                                                                                        Romantic Ireland's dead and gone,
                                                                                        It's with Michael O'Leary in a dodgy taxi.
                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

just live off the wife, that's my plan
                                                                                          true that!

it will make you feel like one of those 1970's pimps in the movies, and we all wanted to be one of those just strutting sayin shti like... like women where my money at! best not anger me now women, get to steppin you jive turkey!

Comment

fucking hell

this Cowen thing is spinning rapidly out of control

two government ministers (Martin and Dempsey) have refused to confirm that he wasn't drunk .
                                                                                            Direct quote: "everybody is entitled to drink and socialise"

no point in watching your back while they're stabbing you in the front eh Brian?

Comment

Its missing the bit at the end when he does a comparison of Cowen and Cameron which is very funny. Its up on RTE player.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEYr-Kff5DM[/ame]

Opr
                                                                                              Last edited by Opr; 14-09-10, 11:28.

Comment

Comment

...
                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-09-10, 11:43.

Comment

I could see you as some kind of life coach/guru ala

Comment

to be perfectly honest, if I was Taoiseach and found out my minister for Science was launching an anti-evolution book I'd take to the drink too.
                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

afaik both brians would be well known for their pint downing abbilities

shur wouldn't ya want a drink knowing yer job hangs in the balance

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                          to be perfectly honest, if I was Taoiseach and found out my minister for Science was launching an anti-evolution book I'd take to the drink too.
                                                                                                          to be perfectly honest if you were taoiseach we would all understandablly... want a drink

Comment

i think this is a new thing that politicians are in to,getting out of their head in drugs and alco and taking photos with cute women.
                                                                                                            i believe Osama started it.

Comment

I can picture Conor at supper last night, begging for a diversion from CreationismGate, calling in his 'One Time'.
                                                                                                              And its worked.

Comment

I have seen Cowen knock them back, he is a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                  thats it he secures my vote next time round

god knows what that tea totaller mammys boy kenny would be cable of doing if he got in. probably be found off his head on a bottle of 7up down by the canals somewhere

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3vEOSkk5AM[/ame]

Comment

His method of dealing with media is like Stan when he was manager of Ireland. Assume everyone is out to get you, take every question as a personal insult and come across like a total dick in the process.

Comment

I can picture Conor at supper last night, begging for a diversion from CreationismGate, calling in his 'One Time'.
                                                                                                                        And its worked.
                                                                                                                        More proof that Jesus was indeed swimming with Manatees Dinosaurs.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                          Praise from Caesar

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X