X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sad to hear, sorry Kev.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      Thanks all for the wishes and thoughts. Unfortunately Brian passed at about midday today. We heard yesterday that the docs thought it was more than just fall, which is what it turns out. He'd had an aneurysm which began to bleed Saturday night, he was babbling nonsense for a while but that was put down to just drunk crap, he'd passed out on the top of the stairs at home obviously got up at some stage and fell.

Cant believe it went from out in the pub having a laugh to less than 48 hours later this situation.

terribly sorry for your loss Kev.
      I had the same thing a few years ago but luckily pulled through.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Sorry to hear that Kev. Terrible news.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

So sad to hear this, sorry for your loss Kev.

Comment

Very sad news altogether. Sorry for your loss Kev.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Kev. Terrible news.
                Sorry for the loss.

Comment

Sorry for yours and the family's loss Kev.. Try and be there for them as much as possible if you can.
                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Condolences Kev

Comment

Horrible stuff altogether Kev. Life isn't fair a hell of a lot of the time.

Comment

Condolences Kev.

Comment

Jays Kev, so sorry, hope you're alright

Comment

2 quick techie questions guys, all info greatly appreciated.

1 I seem to have enlarged the text on my netbook screen, how do i get it back to normal?

2 I'm looking for a handy IP Mask / IP hiding software, I need something pretty straightforward and dont mind if i need to pay a few quid for one, can anyone recommend a good reliable one please?

Comment

So sorry for your loss Kev.
                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post

1 I seem to have enlarged the text on my netbook screen, how do i get it back to normal?
                                If it's in browser then hold down ctrl and -

If it's system wide it's in display properties somewhere (make sure the resolution is set properly before playing with anything else)
                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                  Thanks all for the wishes and thoughts. Unfortunately Brian passed at about midday today. We heard yesterday that the docs thought it was more than just fall, which is what it turns out. He'd had an aneurysm which began to bleed Saturday night, he was babbling nonsense for a while but that was put down to just drunk crap, he'd passed out on the top of the stairs at home obviously got up at some stage and fell.

Cant believe it went from out in the pub having a laugh to less than 48 hours later this situation.
                                  Haven't been on IPB much lately and am only just catching up with the BBV.

Really sorry to hear this, sincere condolences.

Comment

sorry to hear about your friend.

Comment

Really sorry to hear that Kevin, tragic circumstances.

Comment

Condolences Kev, look after yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                          If it's in browser then hold down ctrl and -

If it's system wide it's in display properties somewhere (make sure the resolution is set properly before playing with anything else)

CTRL and mousewheel down does this also.

Sorry for your loss Kev.
                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss Kev. Terrible stuff.

2 I'm looking for a handy IP Mask / IP hiding software, I need something pretty straightforward and dont mind if i need to pay a few quid for one, can anyone recommend a good reliable one please?
                                            Hold down ctrl and the - to make text smaller or + to make it bigger. Or CTRL and move the middle mouse wheel.

As for IP hiding there are plenty of proxy sites out there. Or you could try tor
                                            Defend yourself against tracking and surveillance. Circumvent censorship.
                                            I read more than I post. I retain full ownership of all my posts. © etc

Comment

Sorry for your loss Kev
                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

tor.

It's free. requires a little setup though.
                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Those replies weren't there when I started that post. Must write faster! And not make a cup of tea while writing a post

Comment

Sorry for your troubles Kev.

Connie

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                      With Kilarney coming up would there be interest for another IPB Golfing Jolly?

There are some excellent courses down there and it looks like there will be a good IPB turnout.

Hi Ciaran,
                                                      I was on to the local golf club yesterday to see what is the best deal I can get for a game co-inciding with the ladbrokes.Hopefully on the Irish open course, Killeen.
                                                      Have laddies on board for a few juicy prizes for the golf. I was thinking though that it should be on Thursday afternoon, as with the poker tourney kicking off early on Friday, it wouldnt really be feasable for me to organise the glof on Friday as well. Im just waiting on a call back from the secretary, and I'll stick up a post tomorrow with details on it re green fees, etc etc.

Connie

Comment

Condolences Kev.
                                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          It has to go down as one of the worst season finale's I have ever watched.

Opr
                                                          + 1
                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Condolences Kev keep well man.
                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Very sorry to hear that news Kev - my thoughts are with that poor chap's family and friends

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                http://www.theoriginofspeciousnonsense.com/index.html

Minister for Science is to speak at launch of a book about creationism?? This country is mad.

where did I hear the theme music here & what is it called ??

Comment

It's Ennio Morricone.

Comment

5'11 is the perfect size to be a great header of the ball. Fuck off Andy Gray

Comment

Was football, or more accurately the premier league, really better when I used to like it back in the early to mid 90s or am I just being nostalgic?

Comment

That's terrible Kev, awful news.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
                                                                          Going for a work trial on Wednesday fitting tyres, really hope it works out. Only ever changed a tyre properly once and that was in college as our garage didn't do it. Its very teadious and hard on the back. A year and half out of work will feel great to be back in emplyment after not being able to work for so long!!
                                                                          If you want a run at it tomorrow and are able to get down to Kildare I could probably organise you an hour with a lad who has a small tire and puncture repair business.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                            Was football, or more accurately the premier league, really better when I used to like it back in the early to mid 90s or am I just being nostalgic?
                                                                            Well there were players such as Le Tissier, Yeboah, Cantona, Robson, Hughes, Bergkamp and Klinsman but to name just a few playing against ill prepared teams compared to the present.

EDIT: Also epic games like Southampton 6-3 Man UTD at the Dell http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/de...6&Article=1002 where Le Tissier scored this goal [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY1IF3zImlY[/ame]
                                                                            Last edited by coillcam; 13-09-10, 19:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                              http://www.theoriginofspeciousnonsense.com/index.html

Minister for Science is to speak at launch of a book about creationism?? This country is mad.
                                                                              This has to be stopped.

Comment

Liv Boeree at the feature table of the English Poker Open and live streaming here..

Some good play actually at this!

Comment

Just back in and saw your friend passed away today Kev, really sorry to hear that. I hoped the dr was going to be wrong here and you were going to message that he was recovering.

Comment

lol playing the IWF 10 euro re-buy on PP
                                                                                    just crushed AA with the mighty AK
                                                                                    next hand get A9, guy does a small raise I call
                                                                                    flop A99
                                                                                    he ships I call and crack the aul Kings lol

have half the table on tilt... lol
                                                                                    Last edited by smurph; 13-09-10, 19:24.
                                                                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                                                                      It's Ennio Morricone.
                                                                                      I know nothing about Ennio's beliefs but it just feels wrong to see his music used on a nutcase's website like that.

Sorry to hear about your mate Kev, horrible stuff..

Comment

...

Comment

Sorry for your loss Kev. Stay strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                            Just as a small update, when chatting to the doctor about the side effects of Champix this morning, he was saying the depression stuff is highly over-publicised without the studies to back it up, and he thinks its essentially a non-issue.
                                                                                            I'm really looking forward to hearing how it works out!!

Comment

Very sad news, sorry for your loss Kev.
                                                                                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Really sorry to hear about your friend Kev..
                                                                                                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

That "other place" tilts the crap out of me at times I'm going to have to rant here one day! Just to get it off my chest so to speak

Comment

Just as a small update, when chatting to the doctor about the side effects of Champix this morning, he was saying the depression stuff is highly over-publicised without the studies to back it up, and he thinks its essentially a non-issue.
                                                                                                    Was going to say this last night but had nothing but personal experience to back it up.
                                                                                                    There is a touch of malaise which is fairly common with quitting smoking but nothing that won't pass quite quickly.
                                                                                                    The worst bit for me was the bad dreams (savage stuff) and a bit of cotton mouth.
                                                                                                    All in all a small price to pay. Best of luck with it.
                                                                                                    Have you picked your day from 1-13 yet? Maybe you don't want to say.

Comment

Sorry to hear kev, my thoughts are with you,

reminds me of my cousin who drowned in ibiza 4years ago this july, such at a waste of life he was 26 and had been to ibiza 6years in a row and was a lifeguard,

life sucks sometimes
                                                                                                      http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

very sorry for your loss Kev.
                                                                                                        one of my best mates had a car accident about 3weeks ago in Iran and he also passed away at the age of 26, so i know how it feels.

not sure what else to say man.
                                                                                                        sorry again.

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah didn't know what to make of myself for a while.
                                                                                                            Did abominable stuff to neighbours and fellas I went to school with (in the dreams!).
                                                                                                            Weird, but kind of fascinating as you say.

Comment

I fear that epic first point maybe the high point of the match for Djokovic.

Comment

Yep, last day smoking will be Thursday 23rd, so smoke-free hopefully from Friday 24th. Going to re-read Easy Way to Quit Smoking over the next few days, but not letting the whole quitting thing be a big event. Had made up the mind back in June that this was going to happen in September, so just going to let the medicine work.

Had the bad dreams before on nicotine patches, but thought they were amazing tbh! You kind of wake up and go 'thank fck no-one can see inside this head'.
                                                                                                                You still have time to buy this book (2nd hand for 22p):
                                                                                                                [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Overcoming-Smoking-Habit-David-Marks/dp/1845290674[/ame]

This is a proper book on smoking cessation with CBT skills. Carr is laughable and only works for people who had the motivation and skills to do it anyway (i.e. people for whom a telephone directory would have "worked").

Comment

I am a marketing departments easy target when it comes to buying gadgets. I just bought myself an indoor virtual cycling trainer for the winter months training

Comment

Horrible news Kev.

Life is really so fragile.

First day back to college tommoro and cycling in. About 9km a day. Hopefully it will help get rid of the spare tire.

Also Halo Reach tommorrow

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                      You still have time to buy this book (2nd hand for 22p):

This is a proper book on smoking cessation with CBT skills. Carr is laughable and only works for people who had the motivation and skills to do it anyway (i.e. people for whom a telephone directory would have "worked").
                                                                                                                      What do you think about thnk of the products that you drip your cigarette and it blocks the tar and nicotine?

Comment

Just read back over the last page or so really sorry to hear the sad news Kev.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          What do you think about thnk of the products that you drip your cigarette and it blocks the tar and nicotine?
                                                                                                                          Smoking a cigarette without nicotine is like an alcho drinking alcohol-free vodka imo. What's the bloody point?

Just bought another smoking cessation book there, this is a CBT based one written by a clinical psychologist, the princely sum of 1p plus p&p:
                                                                                                                          [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Free-Yourself-Smoking-Kristina-Ivings/dp/1856266575/[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X