Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the passwords thing, I use Dashlane Pro as it was recommended by work, and find it fine. I must actually compare it to the other options and see whether I can do better for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      If one was in the market for an Ooni pizza oven, which is the right one to get - the Koda or the Koda 16?
      16 all the way, gas consumption is a bit more, maybe 2x? but the extra room for turning makes it easier, and heat from 2 sides cooks them faster. I have the koda, at the time couldent justify the 16, would now though.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

16 all the way, gas consumption is a bit more, maybe 2x? but the extra room for turning makes it easier, and heat from 2 sides cooks them faster. I have the koda, at the time couldent justify the 16, would now though.
        thanks Ole - a recommendation from you is surely the gold standard here

is it true you have to buy the (don't know the correct term) pizza paddle separately?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Found this worth a read. Certainly doesn't portray it as a 10 to 1 shot

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...president-coup
          Last edited by shrapnel; 12-11-20, 09:16.

Comment

Peels. Launching peels, turning peels, perforated peels, wooden peels...

Yes, ooni dont supply one with the oven...they will happily sell you one though !!
            This too shall pass.

Comment

If one was in the market for an Ooni pizza oven, which is the right one to get - the Koda or the Koda 16?
              I decided to go for the koda when I was getting mine as I thought 16" pizzas, I will hardly be cooking pizza's that size rather than more smaller ones.

That was correct I didn't need to cook giant pizzas but it would be much easier to cook normal pizzas with the extra room.

I cheeped out but would spend the extra if I was doing it again.

Comment

thanks Ole - a recommendation from you is surely the gold standard here

is it true you have to buy the (don't know the correct term) pizza paddle separately?
                Yup you will need to buy them separately, also its low on the ground so if you don't have somewhere suitable to set it up you will need to buy or build something to put it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  all the talk of passwords I wake up to 4 notifications from Freelancer with attempted succesful logins from Columbia, Brazil and Germany. Their security system thwarted them though as they sent me a verification code each time.
                  ^^^^^^ And this is why we all should have 2 factor authentication turned on for every online service.

I wish I could share a screenshot of the daily hacking attempts on our office365 accounts at work. Our senior management accounts get hammered from all over the globe.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I decided to go for the koda when I was getting mine as I thought 16" pizzas, I will hardly be cooking pizza's that size rather than more smaller ones.

That was correct I didn't need to cook giant pizzas but it would be much easier to cook normal pizzas with the extra room.

I cheeped out but would spend the extra if I was doing it again.
                    Can't really make them any bigger than the size of the peel... I'm getting good at maximising all the available space

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Can't really make them any bigger than the size of the peel... I'm getting good at maximising all the available space
                      Yup have made that mistake before

Comment

Struggling with Christmas present ideas this year. I feel like I need to get an early start this year to avoid any delays but I've few ideas of what to get. Normally you can pick up hints and ideas in the preceding months, but that's been reduced, as is the selection of ideas. Can't get gigs tickets or any sort of real-time experiences. Looking for help

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          On the passwords thing, I use Dashlane Pro as it was recommended by work, and find it fine. I must actually compare it to the other options and see whether I can do better for the money.
                          How is the future of intel shaping up vs Apple? Is it as revolutionary as some people are trying to make out.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 12-11-20, 11:24.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Yup you will need to buy them separately, also its low on the ground so if you don't have somewhere suitable to set it up you will need to buy or build something to put it on.
                                presume I need to buy some kind of sturdy table here rather than be kneeling down to it?

Comment

so...16" Ooni plus what, 14 " peel?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

We have a lot of inconsequential online services in our lives though that we wouldn't want to be bothered with 2FA?
                                    Most people don't know what 2fa is or even realise they have 2fa by default on google, banking etc. They'll use the same credentials everywhere. I have clowns at work who post-it their password to their monitor. They put an line on the number at the end and increment it by one when it expires .

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I saw there was some doings a-transpiring last night but couldn't figure out what precipitated it. Do we know or is it just an undisclosed bust up?
                                      Something to do with Johnson's squeeze Carrie Symonds apparently. Supported by the ERG, gave De Pfaffel an ultimatum to get rid of Lee Cain.
                                      It's very late 18th century court of Louis stuff.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Something to do with Johnson's squeeze Carrie Symonds apparently. Supported by the ERG, gave De Pfaffel an ultimatum to get rid of Lee Cain.
                                          It's very late 18th century court of Louis stuff.
                                          It's being referred to as the Night of the Long Stilettos.....

Amid the rumours and recriminations, one factoid has emerged. Boris Johnson tried to promote his fratricidal communications director, appropriately named Lee Cain, to chief of staff, only to find him forced out a day later by a feminine alliance of his new press spokeswoman, Allegra Stratton, his senior adviser Munira Mirza and his fiancée, Carrie Symonds.
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I wonder if the use of expiring passwords is one of the problems. As in maybe you are creating some of the issues by having a system that means people need to take shortcuts due to being simply unable to remember constantly changing passwords in a world full of other passwords, when just having sufficiently strong passwords in the first place might be more straightforward and avoid this issue.
                                            You're spot on regards regularly changing passwords. It's not an effective security strategy and ends up as a time sink for support staff. For this reason have our passwords set to last 120 days, so three changes per year. There's also the self service reset using office365 if locked out. If you create a longer character requirement, donkeys will just add 1111 at the end. There's a balance somewhere between security, usability and admin overhead.

Comment

The reason why IPB is slow is all the Government snooping I reckon. Careful now.

The Irish Examiner has seen hundreds of pages of analysis from the Department of Health and Department of Education on Twitter, Reddit, and message board activity on issues concerning their departments.

Comment

On the password front, very useful service here - https://haveibeenpwned.com/ which alerts you as to whenever your username/email address pops up in a data-dump online.

If you are someone that uses the same password for many different things, it's quite eye-opening to see just how many different services you have signed up to over the years that have been compromised and your password made available to any and all.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very strange that we were talking about RooneyDives/RequiemForADream this week, and now there's a thread with a victims advocate looking for details.
                                                      Did I miss something that happened that brought this story from 12 years ago to the fore?

I'm looking for victims of a scammer called Dan Hi all I'm a victim advocate based in Ireland. I'm working on a case at the moment of a fraudster called Dan, but he also uses Dan B and Dan A. I've found victims over the last couple of days that he has scammed over €115k out of. I've heard from some poker people that they

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Most people don't know what 2fa is or even realise they have 2fa by default on google, banking etc. They'll use the same credentials everywhere. I have clowns at work who post-it their password to their monitor. They put an line on the number at the end and increment it by one when it expires .
                                                        Ya I do that for work, obv not for my own stuff where you need to careful....

Comment

Comment

By government snooping you mean getting summaries of the key public interests of the day on public forums - Would you prefer that they didn't do that?
                                                            Twas a little tongue in cheek, but yes I would prefer if the governments agenda wasn't based on the twitter spat du jour or the views of the most vocal and literate posters on Boards.ie. Smacks of a lurch towards populism.

I do agree there is a place for it understanding how best phrase and coordinate messaging around Covid, although I'm not sure how the report you linked will contribute toward that end.

Comment

By government snooping you mean getting summaries of the key public interests of the day on public forums - Would you prefer that they didn't do that?
                                                              Yes I would prefer they didn't. It's bad enough how many people get their opinions from said forums and social media without the government doing similar.

The opinions of those who enjoy commenting the most are not an accurate view of how the public feels I'd have thought. I'm not surprised they look into it but I hope they don't take it v seriously.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                On the password front, very useful service here - https://haveibeenpwned.com/ which alerts you as to whenever your username/email address pops up in a data-dump online.

If you are someone that uses the same password for many different things, it's quite eye-opening to see just how many different services you have signed up to over the years that have been compromised and your password made available to any and all.
                                                                I'm one of the idiots who uses same/similar PW across a plethora of accounts - happily surprised with no pwnage on any email

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Yes I would prefer they didn't. It's bad enough how many people get their opinions from said forums and social media without the government doing similar.

The opinions of those who enjoy commenting the most are not an accurate view of how the public feels I'd have thought. I'm not surprised they look into it but I hope they don't take it v seriously.
                                                                  Hope away, I reckon a good swathe of the Irish political advisor class and the leech journalists that surround them are obsessed with Twitter- you can see them glued to their phones on news reports and whooping it up over minor palace intrigue on twitter
                                                                  could really do without those types- purge needed for sure

Comment

Comment

I'll be wracking my brain too for gifts Denny, gfs birthday, our anniversary and christmas are all within these two months.

I wonder if the use of expiring passwords is one of the problems. As in maybe you are creating some of the issues by having a system that means people need to take shortcuts due to being simply unable to remember constantly changing passwords in a world full of other passwords, when just having sufficiently strong passwords in the first place might be more straightforward and avoid this issue.
                                                                      We don't have expiring passwords at work as it leads to worse security, there was an effort convincing the auditors of that.
                                                                      Have 2FA on and it doesn't matter if people have your password, also google just suggest passwords to use and store them, so what's the point of these other apps

Comment

Got some password tips there. RooneyDives be the next 1.

HH . keep us updated .

Comment

There's a potential huge story there, thats why I mentioned it - I was contacted by someone. Let me use careful language and spoilers to explain:

SPOILER
                                                                          Its that care-2-much on twitter (pro lockdown advocate) is roon-ey dives and his profile is all part of some scam attempts. i have my doubts to be honest, mainly as its not clear how his twitter profile helps with scamming people - in this case gullible damsels in distress.
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Pretty sure it was brought up before that he was using the same 'I'm homeless story' on the boards MMA forum a few years back. Comes along and posts long detailed posts, gathers a bit of a following over a few months, then the PM's start asking for money, any amount will do, as he's on the streets etc. Surely he's hit up every niche forum around, smaller the forum the more of a 'community' feel it'll have and more likely to find people that will give him money. There are still posters over there who gave him money that post 'hope he's doing ok', 'wish he'd come back'. He's clearly very good at it! This time he's stepped it up and managed to gather thousands of followers to get cash from.

Comment

You'd wonder how all the heads you'd only see (and never see out of) in cardrooms are doing during lockdown all the same.
                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

...

Comment

But like Leo has retweeted him. Surely they know who he is? Not that they have secret means of knowing, but just enough of a network to know?
                                                                                Given the due diligence that seems to be done charities in this country I wouldn’t count on “retweeted by Leo” as any sort of sign of non shadiness

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Here's one of the actual 'government snooping' reports.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NiD..._KCnNZEbB/view
                                                                                      Lol they quote that rooney lad a lot.
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

For VR users:

Absolutely fantastic humble bundle deal here with 7 games for £14

Grab your headset and hand sensors! Pay what you want for awesome VR games worth over $200 and support Movember, or a charity of your choice!

Comment

See bitcoin up over 16k, nearing it's dizzying heights from before.

Comment

What poxy station is Ireland match on later, cant find it anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                              You'd wonder how all the heads you'd only see (and never see out of) in cardrooms are doing during lockdown all the same.
                                                                                              Howarya Zod?

Comment

so...16" Ooni plus what, 14 " peel?
                                                                                                Think it needs a 16" peel. Also think they had 20% off last year for Black Friday, may be worth waiting a week.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  ITV/UTV
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    RTE2 - it has to be said you didn't really look everywhere.

Comment

Serbia v Scotland playoff is on Sky One by the way at 7.45. A more competitive watch I'd expect.

Comment

Here's one of the actual 'government snooping' reports.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NiD..._KCnNZEbB/view
                                                                                                        Didn't make the cut?

Comment

See it there now on RTE, wasnt showing up earlier. Box obv trolling me

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                            See bitcoin up over 16k, nearing it's dizzying heights from before.
                                                                                                            There's a sea of institutional money flowing into bitcoin for the last couple of months. https://grayscale.co/bitcoin-trust/ has over 7 Billion dollars of bitcoin. They have been buying about 75% of the bitcoin mined recently.

Comment

Farm on Hendrick FGS tonight Oleras?

Comment

You metal man freaks . ALDI doing a special on Sunday. Beer up.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                    For VR users:

Absolutely fantastic humble bundle deal here with 7 games for £14

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/fall-vr
                                                                                                                    It looks like this is for PC only. Doesn't work with the Quest.

Comment

There's a potential huge story there, thats why I mentioned it - I was contacted by someone. Let me use careful language and spoilers to explain:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Its that care-2-much on twitter (pro lockdown advocate) is roon-ey dives and his profile is all part of some scam attempts. i have my doubts to be honest, mainly as its not clear how his twitter profile helps with scamming people - in this case gullible damsels in distress.
                                                                                                                      WTF?
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

It looks like this is for PC only. Doesn't work with the Quest.
                                                                                                                        i linked my quest to my steam account. works perfectly in wireless mode

Comment

Denny Crane

Gift wrap your loved ones 5 years of secure passwords.

They'd love that.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X