Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
    apples and a similar sort of apples m8
    Any tea?
    Pickled herring m8

Comment

Pretty niche but there's a few music nerds floating about - Harold Budd is doing his first ever (not sure that's true) Irish performance at the NCH on the 20th and 21st of April

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        Don’t have any social media accounts (though I could stop looking at some twitter accounts)
        This will be all over the papers and current affairs shows too
        Yeah well Una Mullally will write 3 articles a day on it but if you're still reading her you've only yourself to blame.
        airport, lol

Comment

Arsenal 1-0 against Milan up after 15 mins. Game has been pretty open and could be a 3-2 either way. Worth sticking on if anyone at a loose end!

Comment

After putting off a visit to the dentist for about 15 years I finally went today. I thought I was going for damage limitation but she said they're actually pretty good. Got a clean and polish and need to go back for a filling and polish them up another bit.

Was nervous as fuck beforehand but happy i went now.

Comment

Arsenal 2-0 up at Milan. 20 to 1 on a turnaround

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                Arsenal 1-0 against Milan up after 15 mins. Game has been pretty open and could be a 3-2 either way. Worth sticking on if anyone at a loose end!
                Heard a good cheer from a certain bookie who has set up shop here in Citywest for the 2 weeks. Up playing this half milly gtd game but id say currently on for a 100k overlay. Cant believe how quiet it is. Bar bookies poker, seems good to me

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Heard a good cheer from a certain bookie who has set up shop here in Citywest for the 2 weeks. Up playing this half milly gtd game but id say currently on for a 100k overlay. Cant believe how quiet it is. Bar bookies poker, seems good to me
                  Much cash running? Any 2/5+?

Comment

Spurs gonna Spurs
                    Arsenal gonna (other) Arsenal

North London be some fun tonight

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                      3 tables. One has a few names, cant see if its PLO or not.

Comment

Wenger in!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

^ hope he did that with a bot and not manually!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                1/2 nlh
                                2/5 nlh
                                1/2/5 plo

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  Pretty niche but there's a few music nerds floating about - Harold Budd is doing his first ever (not sure that's true) Irish performance at the NCH on the 20th and 21st of April
                                  The Gloaming are playing all this week at the NCH, you don't have to even like Irish music to get what they are doing.
                                  Extraordinary stuff highly recommended for anyone who has ears to hear.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That's disappointing.

My local Tesco still has very little stock. Is this common? Gonna have to get more provisions next storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Do they not have about 8 more day 1's and the online qualifiers to come too ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        @denny, apparently those lobbyist comments were surprisingly a tad deceptive, as they didn't take account of the aging population (older people drink a lot less)
                                        If consumption was that far down wouldn't we expect excise to be as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          The Gloaming are playing all this week at the NCH, you don't have to even like Irish music to get what they are doing.
                                          Extraordinary stuff highly recommended for anyone who has ears to hear.
                                          Didn't get a ticket for this run but have seem them a few times, incredible live band

Comment

Mattie McGrath is very pro life and wants to force women to carry dead babies to term but he is perfectly happy for c. 20 people every year to be killed by learner drivers because its 'anti rural' to make them obey the law.

GTFO Mattie you fckn imbecile

Fuck me, here comes the 2nd biggest prick in Kerry to make a fucking joke of it .

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              That's disappointing.

My local Tesco still has very little stock. Is this common? Gonna have to get more provisions next storm.
                                              portlaoise shocking , they have a back log of deliveries. fuck all in ours and its a tesco extra, anything that was there was more or less out of date today or tomorrow !
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                Didn't get a ticket for this run but have seem them a few times, incredible live band
                                                Last night was the fifth or sixth time I've seen them and they are getting better every time though nothing will compare to surprise of the first time in the small theatre in Newbridge.

Comment

FFS! Now we have Brian 'I didn't know he was a peado' McKEvitt defending the church

What an ad for womens day , three complete and utter fools of men being taken apart on Prime time by sensible women.

Comment

You might need mindbleach for the mental image of bill and hill painted here

Comment

FFS! Now we have Brian 'I didn't know he was a peado' McKEvitt defending the church

What an ad for womens day , three complete and utter fools of men being taken apart on Prime time by sensible women.
                                                      It'd be more impressive if they had 3 sensible men being taken apart by women but they're not up to standard so need to be given the open goal

Comment

Comment

Comment

Do they not have about 8 more day 1's and the online qualifiers to come too ?
                                                            They need 2500. Including tonight (guessing online at 120) they have 1200?

2 live 2mrw and live turbo 10am Sat morning to fill 1300???

My guess is 500 short so 100k

tbf prob sfa to Party

Comment

On a connected note: For a variety of not-directly-searching-for-it reasons, found out recently my first secondary school (Pres Bray, from which I was sadly expelled) was also Sean FitzPatrick's of Anglo fame, while the second, Flannans in Ennis also educated Wee Michael Dee.

Was then thinking; nearly every school in Ireland must have those notable alumni as there's so few schools. It's actually incredibly noteworthy compared to say the UK, where pretty much anyone important went to an elite hyper-expensive school, while in Ireland just turning up at whatever the local free secondary is gives you the same education as someone who went on to be influential. It's the same in France as UK and presumably most other countries - anyone notable went to a restricted access school and ordinary joes have no access to the same education, unlike Ireland. That's quite a cool thing imo.
                                                              Dunno, going to the likes of the king's hospital seems like a big leg up.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                It's an interesting one despite being an uneasy topic. It does seem like lack of consent is taken for granted for other types of accusation in a way that doesn't apply here, whether that's codified in the legal system or just baked into normal attitudes that would exist amongst jurors etc.
                                                                I don't think it attitudes that dictates that. It's the reality of life.
                                                                People rarely consent to being robbed, assaulted, etc. But consensual sex is a regular thing. Take the consent away and the same act is rape.
                                                                Regarding the grilling of the accuser on the stand. It's unfortunate of course. But it's unavoidable imo. All evidence is going to be cross examined, and the reality is, in cases where people are in private together (as opposed to being attacked in public) a lot of the evidence is intangible.

Comment

Found myself getting really bad with homophones lately, almost always type them wrong, catch them usually on a second look but getting worried I've had a mini stroke or something.

Comment

Dunno, going to the likes of the king's hospital seems like a big leg up.
                                                                    Boasts your John's, your Edwards, your Jedwards.
                                                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Trump defying all expectations. A few months ago SP and DP were convinced he was gonna get us all killed.

Trump Trump Trump!

Comment

Trump defying all expectations. A few months ago SP and DP were convinced he was gonna get us all killed.

Trump Trump Trump!
                                                                            I wouldn't agree to meet Kim. In any capacity or circumstance.
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

We still have time AJ, although I had been expecting to collect due to NK collapse, not Trump diplomacy.

Comment

Maybe zuut might educate us as to whether this MIT fusion announcement is the nail on the coffin of Appalachian coal and all other energy sources?
                                                                                It's a case of 'the boy who cried fusion' at this stage. Maybe it's for real this time but I've stopped listening.

Comment

Modern day diplomacy too
                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-03-18, 09:56.

Comment

...

Comment

On a connected note: For a variety of not-directly-searching-for-it reasons, found out recently my first secondary school (Pres Bray, from which I was sadly expelled) was also Sean FitzPatrick's of Anglo fame, while the second, Flannans in Ennis also educated Wee Michael Dee.

Was then thinking; nearly every school in Ireland must have those notable alumni as there's so few schools. It's actually incredibly noteworthy compared to say the UK, where pretty much anyone important went to an elite hyper-expensive school, while in Ireland just turning up at whatever the local free secondary is gives you the same education as someone who went on to be influential. It's the same in France as UK and presumably most other countries - anyone notable went to a restricted access school and ordinary joes have no access to the same education, unlike Ireland. That's quite a cool thing imo.
                                                                                      Apologies if you told us before but what is the story behind being expelled? I always thought it was nearly impossible to be expelled but I was a good boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                        I don't think it attitudes that dictates that. It's the reality of life.
                                                                                        People rarely consent to being robbed, assaulted, etc. But consensual sex is a regular thing. Take the consent away and the same act is rape.
                                                                                        You really engaged with the nuance of the discussion there, enlightening stuff.

Comment

How did the skiing trip go?

Comment

Ah, that last day feeling. Hungover to fuck though.
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Cheltenham comp, yada yada.

Money, craic etc.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                  I wouldn't agree to meet Kim. In any capacity or circumstance.
                                                                                                  Kardashian obv

Comment

...

Comment

Trump Trump Trump!
                                                                                                      Here's a post of mine from over a year ago...
                                                                                                      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      fear as a distraction (for trump & co) and conflict is clickbait (for media).
                                                                                                      MSM hold the high horse and (rightly) calls out the craziness of the current US administration.
                                                                                                      But as soon as a sniff of war comes along, explosions and projected death tolls will top the front page. It also ties nicely in with the trump will kill us all narrative.

NK want respect, the want the ability to sit at the big boys table as a nuclear power. It's a game they are playing quite a while to push and then back down. As soon as they have demonstrably proved they have ICBM abilities, proper diplomacy will take over. Until then it is sabre rattling on all sides.

I'm happy if it gets results. But isn't this exactly what NK have been after all along? To be treated as equals?
                                                                                                      NK has invited us presidents many times in the past have they not?
                                                                                                      Again, I'm happy if it yields results
                                                                                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 09-03-18, 09:39.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        Cheltenham comp, yada yada.

Money, craic etc.
                                                                                                        Entering the Cheltenham comp on Ryan Turgidy by text all week. Prize is 4 people day trip to the GC on Friday for winning a very easy trivia quiz, that I crush. Got through to them on the phone this morning, talked to the researcher for a coupler of mins but it seems I failed the audition
                                                                                                        FML

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                          How did the skiing trip go?
                                                                                                          In a word I would say 'great' but skiing is a funny beast! I spent the first two days in absolute agony with my boots thinking everyone else was in the same boat - turns out they were too small around my calves. The whole thing is extremely demanding - we were wrecked just getting all the gear on every morning!

We did very little boozing bar beers and wine in the chalet as we were constantly absolutely beat!

Having said that, the chalet was great, food was good, the skiing itself is a blast and we are definitely planning on going again next year. I would imagine your first time is the highest drudgery to fun ratio as you know what you are doing a bit more subsequent times.

Comment

...

Comment

For sure, the first time you go skiing is almost like an investment for future times. The boots are a killer - the first pair I got were too small around the balls of my feet and my toes are still numb as a result! It’s a great holiday tho, so much fun.

Comment

That would be some laugh to be fair, what a man
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

I wasnt being flippant. Your post asked whether it was coded in the law or jury ingrained attitude. I'm just saying I think it's straightforward. It's completely down to the situation.
                                                                                                                  As a parallel, take stealing (taking without consent). If somebody was accused of stealing from a shop, I doubt consent enters into it. But say a guy reports his car stolen and the cops pull over his ex-wife driving it. I'd imagine the suggestion that she had consent to use it might be entertained.
                                                                                                                  With rape sceneries. Consent is a huge issue in cases where people are in private alone. But where somebody is attacked in public place, with two black eyes thrown in the mix - it's less of a consideration imo.

Comment

Please let this happen,it’ll be hilarious.
                                                                                                                    It will objectively be less of a joke than the time they gave it to Obama for nothing

Comment

...

Comment

The work of a very stable genius

Comment

The work of a very stable genius
                                                                                                                          Get me every time.

[I am the very model of a Very Stable Genius.
                                                                                                                          I have a mighty button and no problems with my penius.
                                                                                                                          My time I waste on television, golf and social media
                                                                                                                          Because my brain is better than the best encyclopedia.]

My team is made of nuts and misfits and they’re all at daggers drawn;
                                                                                                                          They come and go as fast as any girl in golden shower porn.
                                                                                                                          The liberal media tells the public tales of how I’m such a boor;
                                                                                                                          But they’ll discover ‘statesmanship’ — the moment that I start a war.

My business life is full of fraud and lies and endless bankruptcy;
                                                                                                                          Though how this doesn’t suit a President, they won’t explain to me.
                                                                                                                          A vain and pampered con-man with a life that’s all frivolities:
                                                                                                                          I’m perfect for a failing, violent empire with no qualities.

They say I didn’t really win, and so they want me pilloried;
                                                                                                                          But you’d be fighting two more wars by now if you’d been Hillaried.
                                                                                                                          And don’t go showing me another film of some dead Arab kid:
                                                                                                                          I’d have my work cut out to kill as many as Obama did.

I don’t read science, economics, ethics or philosophy;
                                                                                                                          I’ve never studied politics; the Constitution bothers me.
                                                                                                                          It’s said that I’m just stupid and it makes me ineffectual;
                                                                                                                          But next to Bush and Reagan I’m a goddammed intellectual.

And now it seems that people want assessments of my mental state,
                                                                                                                          When psychiatric help should go to those obsessed with ‘Russiagate’.
                                                                                                                          A narcissistic bully with a billionaire’s priorities:
                                                                                                                          I’m perfect for a failing, violent empire with no qualities.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X