Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    zuutair booze flights added to the business plan. Could get 100 bottles in the back handy enough. Four hour round trip rather than 40.
    What's the story with customs on from those type of airfields?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      2-4 hours notice going in to most airfields in France, 24 hours coming back to Weston because lol Ireland. They usually don't show up. Same rules as the ferry would apply regarding allowances etc. Did you do your flights?

Comment

Ask Jim Mansfield
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
          Dunno if anyone saw the video of the lad knocking one out driving down the M50 (i hadnt) but it was just pointed out to me in the Fitz that if u watch the last couple of seconds you see a Paddy Power staff parking sticker on the window. And he was in there in the same fairly identifiable clothes. You cant get away with it anywhere these days.
          I saw one with a couple of English lads filming a guy who had the phone up on the wheel with his lad in his hand, same guy ?

Edit, this guy was in a transit, different clip i would say.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Dunno if anyone saw the video of the lad knocking one out driving down the M50 (i hadnt) but it was just pointed out to me in the Fitz that if u watch the last couple of seconds you see a Paddy Power staff parking sticker on the window. And he was in there in the same fairly identifiable clothes. You cant get away with it anywhere these days.
            What the Wut

Really struggling to figure out the weirdest part of that
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You're not supposed to be pedalling down the M50

Comment

There's one going around of a Chinese lad on a packed subway knocking one out while bumping up against sum yung wan.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      2-4 hours notice going in to most airfields in France, 24 hours coming back to Weston because lol Ireland. They usually don't show up. Same rules as the ferry would apply regarding allowances etc. Did you do your flights?
                      Ya, did them on a beautiful Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago. I did the helicopter thing first. The controls were very sensitive as you'd expect, but felt the pilot was only mostly pretending when he said that I had control as he was holding the controls as well the whole time and I could feel him doing the actual steering. I'd never been in a helicopter before though so it was cool. Great view from it.

On the plane one, I was startled by how little I could actually see out of the windscreen as the dash was quite high. It was a pretty old plane, but no problems. I definitely did far more of the steering on that one, but obviously only the basic steering bits. I definitely enjoyed it, but given the time and effort involved, I'm unlikely to be taking on more lessons any time soon. Delighted to have done it though, and the blue skies as well helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        This is standard in UK as well. It's a bit like being airside. Wouldnt help with todays issue.
                        In France dont they get scanned when leaving the parade ring going onto the track??

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          What the Wut

Really struggling to figure out the weirdest part of that
                          Definitely the wanking while driving.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'm looking to book to book an all inclusive holiday, 5 star somewhere in Europe, most likely Greece or somewhere similar

Is there a website that allows you put in the dates and where you depart from but don't have to put in a destination and it will bring up all available packages on offer (including flights / transfers / hotels)?

Comment

The internet has named the guy now as well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  The new US gov press secretary is off to a flying start!
                                  Embarrassed that he makes me feel like such a racist. I'm just hearing Johnny Sack soldier/ Sopranos. 'We're front stabbers'

In his first UK interview, Anthony Scaramucci, President Donald Trump's new - and now fired - communications director at the White House, talks to Emily Mait...
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Scraping the barrel with that one
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Regarding the jury: “They had more tattoos than teeth and not a brain between them all—and they’re supposed to decide a thing like this? I wouldn’t let them work on my car!”

Just watched Bernie on Netflix. Odd but class

Richard Lickliter is a pure genius
                                      sigpic
                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                        A lovely touch.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Poker View Post
                                          Hi Guys - looking for some help if possible pls.

I have been using Photobucket to upload images on threads here for the longest time but now they have pulled the plug on free 3rd party hosting basically meaning I can't post any images unless I pay $400 a year to them.

I'm just wondering if there is another way to add pictures/posters to threads on here -I have tried to seek the answer in the FAQ's but am none the wiser really.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                                          Laura
                                          Hi Laura try this

Comment

So this happened ..which seems ludicrous and crazy

then this happened

And this has been happening https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nt-open-border

SO there has been a bit of this

So basically our govt suggested our new border with the uk be in the Irish sea. And the Unionists understandably were offended and went off on one, this is how politics is done now everyone just tries to out dick each other.

They should just agreed to the surveillance border and allowed smugglers to have their day ...who cares anyway at this stage...the world is mental we can handle some smuggling..

Also I have heard from the White House communications director that men in the GOP suck their own cocks. Or at least Bannon does.
                                            Last edited by Guest; 28-07-17, 08:43.

Comment

Nice to see John McCain making the effort to leave his multimillion dollar treatment in Mayo Clinic to take away healthcare from 28 million lolpoorpeople.
                                              Looks like he got the message!
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Looks like he got the message!

One ping only please.

“He’s a hero. He’s a hero of mine.”
                                                and he is ...

Comment

Saw Dunkirk the other night. Nice to see Ionapaul play a leading role.

Comment

Great horse quote: "It's an honest error and no-one stood to gain anything by it," said McBride.

I remember looking for that at the time and it was sold out! A well as their cider all the time.

Was referring to this recent awards now, they won 20 medals for their spirits:

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                    http://www.shelflife.ie/top-marks-al...ium-irish-gin/

Boyles gin from aldi gets good reviews also.
                                                    Saw it won two medals too, will give it a try, never saw it before in my local one. Mad by blackwater who were the only Irish gin to win a gold medal.
                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 28-07-17, 09:23.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                      then this happened
                                                      Paisley tweet.
                                                      In fairness to him he's mostly correct here.
                                                      It remains very unlikely that there can be no physical border between Ireland and nonEU UK - for much the same core reason that there's a big border between Poland and Belarus/Ukraine, between Finland and Russia and between Greece and Albania/Turkey. The idea that the western side of the EU can be different seems based on at best 'ah we're Irish and a bit of craic' and at worst some sort of racist 'we're better than those east European savages'.

So really it comes down to where the border will be located. Best for us down here would be the sea border concept but that's a red flag issue for the NI majority, so some sort of land border it will be.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                          Saw Dunkirk the other night. Nice to see Ionapaul play a leading role.
                                                          Haven't seen it yet, will be interesting to see if I can spot a resemblance with any of the characters! A little bit worried, am confident it's not Tom Hardy or Cillian Murphy anyhow

Comment

Comment

upload survivor pls and don't get caught :P

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                Very much so. Would be 8 years there November.
                                                                I could tell some stories but maybe not on a public forum.
                                                                hmmmm
                                                                No wife, no kid, I 100% take the below approach now.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  In fairness to him he's mostly correct here.
                                                                  It remains very unlikely that there can be no physical border between Ireland and nonEU UK - for much the same core reason that there's a big border between Poland and Belarus/Ukraine, between Finland and Russia and between Greece and Albania/Turkey. The idea that the western side of the EU can be different seems based on at best 'ah we're Irish and a bit of craic' and at worst some sort of racist 'we're better than those east European savages'.

So really it comes down to where the border will be located. Best for us down here would be the sea border concept but that's a red flag issue for the NI majority, so some sort of land border it will be.
                                                                  There was a border before the common union despite what people say about the common travel area. The Irish govt know it too...You would half think they want the border.

Comment

The Netherlands has also said Dutch citizens living in the UK seeking to circumvent the UK's leaving the EU by taking out UK citizenship would not get dual citizenship and have to give up their dutch passport. https://www.google.ie/search?q=Brexi...KsjUwQKV4r6QBw
                                                                    We are negotiating as group....i would say there is a lot going on the background...

Comment

This is probably oldhat for most of you, but after a bit of searching, went for the following usenet package in case its of use to anyone:

1. utorrent program equivalent for usenet: sabnzbd: https://sabnzbd.org/downloads

2. piratebay equivalent search engine: nzbgeek.info (paid for a years access at $12, but not necessary)

3. usenet server that hosts the files you download: newsdemon.com (paid for a years unlimited downloads for €85)

Working like a charm! Noticed there's far more access to older shows. E.g. loads of availability of my long-sought Survivor Season 13!
                                                                      Might as well go wholehog and get CouchPotato/SickBeard/SickRage/Sonarr

Comment

Hopefully then join we'll join shengen, as makes no sense to be out of it. That'll be a huge bump in high-spending tourists, as at the moment no sane Chinese person is getting a separate (extremely cumbersome) visa just to visit a remote rock when doing their european tour on a shengen, but could easily be persuaded to add a few days of Ireland to their shengen-incorporated euro itinerary. We only stayed out of it in the first place as the UK refused to join and we couldn't join without them and still keep the common trade area.

It's looking increasingly like Irish people continuing to have a special deal to work in UK without hassle might have to be ditched. No matter the NI circumstances. Thats going to be the biggest impact. The only realistic long-term solution is to make german / spanish / french a big focus of the school system, so we can consider working in those countries if need be. Ideally by ditching Irish and religion so there's space in primary school to teach these languages, as starting them at the age of 11 is doomed to failure. And there's minimal chance that just speaking English will be enough with these changes.

Essentially we've coasted along taking the trade benefits of EU but without really committing to the idea of being europeans. Now that UK is comprehensively out of the picture, I'm not sure we have that luxury anymore.
                                                                        I have no objection to joining the schengen. But we all NI is not like any other part of the UK for obv reasons. I would hate to see it unsettled. It would be very sad...in a very human way.

Comment

Comment

I'll be morto at the border opening me car booth . Me golf clubs look like they were used in a punishment beating and there are assorted clothes there too, possibly blood stained. (i give it my all in the rough) I dont want to be in the Birmingham 6 anymore Ted.

Comment

The Netherlands has also said Dutch citizens living in the UK seeking to circumvent the UK's leaving the EU by taking out UK citizenship would not get dual citizenship and have to give up their dutch passport..
                                                                              Nothing weird there. That's their stance on all passport changes their citizens would make.
                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

...

Comment

and has been for 14 years. Easily googleable P+F!
                                                                                  They did just add postal voting for non-resident citzens though.. so progress!
                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Special delivery of fantasy football tat from mdoug just dropped into the office, officially a gent.

Comment

Out of office for 23 days going on in about an hour, pretty sweet. Baby being induced on Sunday/Monday so won't be 3 weeks of booze and sleeping you'd have to think.

Comment

...

Comment

Out of office for 23 days going on in about an hour, pretty sweet. Baby being induced on Sunday/Monday so won't be 3 weeks of booze and sleeping you'd have to think.
                                                                                          Best of luck Dom, hope you built up a good sleep bank...

Comment

Best of luck Dom. Take my advice and don't go on the sauce the night before the baby comes home

Comment

by the way, there will be loads of sleeping, just not by you

Comment

GL Dom!!! Very exciting times, report back, will be interesting to hear about how your life changes (improves?)

Comment

I'm shitting it (much like the kid will be) but really looking forward to it too. Hopefully not too hard on the missus though to extract the parasite.

Comment

I'm shitting it (much like the kid will be) but really looking forward to it too. Hopefully not too hard on the missus though to extract the parasite.
                                                                                                    the first few weeks/months they sleep about 17 hours a day. that's the really easy bit. it gets progressively worse after that!!!

Best of luck and massive congrats!!!

Comment

The Netherlands has also said Dutch citizens living in the UK seeking to circumvent the UK's leaving the EU by taking out UK citizenship would not get dual citizenship and have to give up their dutch passport. https://www.google.ie/search?q=Brexi...KsjUwQKV4r6QBw
                                                                                                      We are negotiating as group....i would say there is a lot going on the background...
                                                                                                      This isn't new. Afaik Dutch citizens could never hold dual citizenship, Brexit has nothing to do with it.
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

best of luck mr and Mrs Dom.

Best thing ever. Sleep is overrated . Babies get poor press from the little picture people . Still awestruck after two of the amazing feckers

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          it gets progressively worse after that!!!
                                                                                                          Just packed herself and the two off for 2 weeks to the sticks. Sweet relief for a while. Now what to do.....

Comment

Going to be a parent in the not Far off future myself.looking forward to horrifying all the touchy-feely types with my Victorian attitude towards kids. Word of advice to prospective parents ,"forget" to pay your broadband bill as soon as you get the good news,internet seems to be a bottomless pit of awful unsubstantiated advice about everything to do with the subject,pregnancy youtubers,christ

Comment

5star and psv58's child:

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                Staying in an apartment in the Harbour Mill in Westport. 2km from the town.

Arrived yesterday. Very impressed so far.

Nice big kids playroom beside a nice area with couches for reading and drinking wine.

Plenty of day trips to do and access to pool in the town.

Think it's just over €100 a night.

Also looks like being sunny till Wednesday
                                                                                                                Been off galavanting and only catching up. We stayed in the Harbour Mill in 2012, the apartment was lovely and I liked the wee area downstairs with the kids playroom.

We didn't get good weather, but on the day we did we went to some castle/country house nearby and the kids enjoyed it.

Comment

Goodluck Dom & MrsDom, just be prepared for the day 3 blues. She will hit rock bottom on that day as the hormones plummet and nothing you will do or say will help! just make sure you don't chose that day to go and wet the babies head

Hope the delivery goes smoothly, it is an amazing thing to see and nothing will EVER prepare you for how you feel about this little tiny crying creature that just came into your life and you will do anything for it!

And oh.. a picture would be nice (I know... wimminz)

If you any good at cooking, make a few things now that you can freeze, will be appreciated after she gets back from the hospital and so will you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Goodluck Dom & MrsDom, just be prepared for the day 3 blues. She will hit rock bottom on that day as the hormones plummet and nothing you will do or say will help! just make sure you don't chose that day to go and wet the babies head

Hope the delivery goes smoothly, it is an amazing thing to see and nothing will EVER prepare you for how you feel about this little tiny crying creature that just came into your life and you will do anything for it!

And oh.. a picture would be nice (I know... wimminz)

If you any good at cooking, make a few things now that you can freeze, will be appreciated after she gets back from the hospital and so will you.
                                                                                                                    I don't think there'll be any head wetting for a while!

Way ahead of you on the food lark, about 40 dinner portions frozen for weeks now.

I'll see what I can do about a pic.

Comment

Dunkirk was excellent.

Also went to Hang Dai in town on sharing menu, top notch. Order the duck ahead of time

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                        the first few weeks/months they sleep about 17 hours a day. that's the really easy bit. it gets progressively worse after that!!!

Best of luck and massive congrats!!!
                                                                                                                        100% this.
                                                                                                                        first few months are a complete cake walk. When they get mobile, that's when the fun starts

Goes without saying, best of luck. You will make a prat of yourself in the delivery room, I think I told her she'd be the first Irish woman in space a few times. Go with it, it's a fucking awesome adventure
                                                                                                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 28-07-17, 19:29.
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Disagree with everyone. Gets progressively easier. Irrational screaming slug that sleeps 3 hours and wakes for 1 is hell. The more they can communicate the easier it gets imo.

My two entered the world via a 46 hour labour where the mrs needed two blood transfusions and an emergency section, respectively, so my feelings were less of unconditional love and more of 'thanks for nearly killing my mrs you little shit'.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X