Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Jesus, the abbey is doing an adaptation of Pasolini’s Salò. Things have moved on a lot since the riots at The Playboy of the Western World.
    2 hours an 10 minutes, no interval. GTFO.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Jesus, the abbey is doing an adaptation of Pasolini’s Salò. Things have moved on a lot since the riots at The Playboy of the Western World.
        Well I've been forced to consume some amount of shit in the theatre over the years, about time they had to do it themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          Well I've been forced to consume some amount of shit in the theatre over the years, about time they had to do it themselves.
          Are you TheatreFesting this year? Somehow managed to book tickets to four plays while grumpily decrying the overall programme as shite.

Consider me a thespian version of PSV.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Are you sure Chirac was French? Beer!

His preferences were for western movies, beer and "tete de veau" - calf's head
            I note they left corruption off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              That time of the year again.

Can anyone recommend a BAR in Paris that has live music/band at worst Karioke for a group of about 12 people. A decent spot .

Also any hidden gems to do in Paris that you won’t see on trip adviser. I’m looking at Hitch/Sharap or anyone who knows the place.
              You could go to Parc de Princes to watch a team who win an uncompetitive league every year because of financial doping. I think you’d like it

Comment

Drumpf is finished
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is it not more in Dems favour to leave Trump there and try take him in election rather than impeach and let them regroup before election?
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Are you TheatreFesting this year? Somehow managed to book tickets to four plays while grumpily decrying the overall programme as shite.

Consider me a thespian version of PSV.
                    I'm sure I will, so far only booked for Anu's Faultline. Went to a few things during the fringe, the highlight being Collapsing Horse's version of Gabriel Garcia Marquez's short story "A very old man with enormous wings".

I might go to some of Beckett's Room, Us/Them, The Beacon, Pike St., Walking to Jerusalem, and Piece for Person and Ghetto Blaster.

What are you going to?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                      I was kinda surprised at how coherent he is in the phone transcripts. The actual request is only just how you'd expect him to operate.
                      Its a memo rather than a transcript
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Its a memo rather than a transcript

2 hours of drivel to get 3 minutes usable material

Strange way to be described to by someone "who likes you"

Comment

I'm sure I will, so far only booked for Anu's Faultline. Went to a few things during the fringe, the highlight being Collapsing Horse's version of Gabriel Garcia Marquez's short story "A very old man with enormous wings".

I might go to some of Beckett's Room, Us/Them, The Beacon, Pike St., Walking to Jerusalem, and Piece for Person and Ghetto Blaster.

What are you going to?
                          Pike St, Playboy, Last Orders at the Dockside, The Beacon.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            You could go to Parc de Princes to watch a team who win an uncompetitive league every year because of financial doping. I think you’d like it
                            Actually that’s a great idea, never thought of a PSG game. I’ll look that up. You never miss a trick on this quest that you really care not a jot about.

Fingers crossed there is a game on. Thanks PSV

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                              Its also a great place to sit and watch the world, right on water front with a nice breeze, sit outside, the little 1 euro beers are refreshing and the cruise ships going past add to the spectacle because of the size of them.

When we lived there we would travel 40 mins each way to eat there. Have actually flown back just to have it. If in Porto they have a sister restaurant which is the same in a building which is built out over the river.
                              Is this their place in Porto?

(heading there next week if anyone has any good recommendations)

Comment

Probably Dublins fault

Comment

Acting director of US national intelligence Joseph Maguire testifies on a whistleblower complaint about telephone conversation between Donald Trump and Ukra...

US intelligence chief testifies on whistleblower complaint – watch live

Absolutely fascinating

Comment

Can't help with your question but would reiterate that pizza was off the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                      Probably Dublins fault

http://shr.gs/Knj5WaF
                                      Tbf if there's one thing you couldn't accuse the Dubs of its doing their own fundraising.

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah that's the one, it's by itself and not much around it but I'd say it's worth the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                            Drumpf is finished
                                            Not a hope.

It's already been spun. Battle is lost.

I reckon he gets re-elected too.
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

This is one of the cooler things you can do with kids in Dublin at Christmas, just booked tickets today as they disappear very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                Not a hope.

It's already been spun. Battle is lost.

I reckon he gets re-elected too.
                                                It feels like a mistake, impeachment at this stage.

Comment

Just such bad optics. If they don't nail him, and the spin is already looking like they won't, they are going to be the Witch Hunt Party for the next election.

Facts dont matter, its needs to be a visceral wrongdoing, this conversation he had is spinnable.

So far nothings stuck, this needs to, last chance saloon imo.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

My favourite cooking show

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

This is one of the cooler things you can do with kids in Dublin at Christmas, just booked tickets today as they disappear very fast.
                                                      Can be very hit & miss with weather is the pain. Booked my Panto tickets in June, tis mad out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        Tbf if there's one thing you couldn't accuse the Dubs of its doing their own fundraising.
                                                        I'm choosing to believe you worded that incorrectly

Comment

Went last year thought it was shite
                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Can be very hit & miss with weather is the pain. Booked my Panto tickets in June, tis mad out there.
                                                            Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                            Went last year thought it was shite
                                                            Went two years ago and it was grand. A dry and cold night so very atmospheric for a bit and then it wore off for me. Didn’t bother last year but the Mrs and child went again on a last minute freebie. Mrs ruled against going again this year for which I didn’t complain.

Going to Dun Laoghaire theatre for Room on the Broom this Christmas. The gruffalo musical their last year was excellent. Gaiety panto was also excellent and the lambert puppet show in Bewleys. Too many good things overall but 1 or 2 of those is good craic with the kids.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

PS - RD if you can report back on the Last Order Docklands yoke please also.

Comment

They don't have much of a choice, not everything comes down to party politics. In this case he admitted on camera to an impeachable offence; it will look ridiculous if they don't. Also there are so many variables involved that there is no easy way to work out the likely scenarios either way, its foolish to pretend otherwise.

Comment

See that Bernard Shaw place wasnt a full closure, the owners were just moving to a spot in Phibs. A lot of hullabaloo over very little seemingly. Nice that Eamo and the lads will still have somewhere to hang out tho.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                    Went two years ago and it was grand. A dry and cold night so very atmospheric for a bit and then it wore off for me. Didn’t bother last year but the Mrs and child went again on a last minute freebie. Mrs ruled against going again this year for which I didn’t complain.

Going to Dun Laoghaire theatre for Room on the Broom this Christmas. The gruffalo musical their last year was excellent. Gaiety panto was also excellent and the lambert puppet show in Bewleys. Too many good things overall but 1 or 2 of those is good craic with the kids.
                                                                    My wife brought the kids to both Gruffalos the last 2 years and said they were really good. New arrival coming around Christmas so I’ll probably be taking my other 2 out a fair bit so will probably book a couple of shows to take them to.
                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Just leaving this here for Lazare in case he hasnt listened to it, might be of interest.

http://nearfm.ie/podcast/?p=31507
                                                                      That was absolutely fantastic. And really sad.
                                                                      Gave me a real longing for the place.
                                                                      Thanks man.
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Not sure if this will pop up correctly as on phone. Got 10/15 but im sure Strewel will get 16/15

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                          My wife brought the kids to both Gruffalos the last 2 years and said they were really good. New arrival coming around Christmas so I’ll probably be taking my other 2 out a fair bit so will probably book a couple of shows to take them to.
                                                                          You left the potato room and went again. Yer all animals on de Northskde

Comment

You left the potato room and went again. Yer all animals on de Northskde
                                                                            Sure what else would you be doing

Comment

PS - RD if you can report back on the Last Order Docklands yoke please also.
                                                                              The yoke in the Abbey? Will do, going next Tues.

Intend having a few last orders before, during and after. Always wise to attend Abbey plays through the lens of several G&Ts imo.

Comment

You should get yourself on the Ark mailing list. Great spot for kids.

Comment

Not sure if this will pop up correctly as on phone. Got 10/15 but im sure Strewel will get 16/15

https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover...ap-953264.html
                                                                                  13/15. If I'd thought about it more, would have aced it.

Comment

8/15
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover...ap-953264.html
                                                                                      Only 13

Comment

13/15. If I'd thought about it more, would have aced it.
                                                                                        11 I'd never have got, had a completely different shape in mind!

Comment

. Gaiety panto was also excellent and the lambert puppet show in Bewleys.s.
                                                                                          Hate the modern pop pantos, gone to hell since Maureen Potter finished up

Lambart's Christmas show always way better IMO
                                                                                          Glad to hear they are still doing it, looking forward to bringing the granddaughter in a couple of years.
                                                                                          Have her staying this week and they are leaving her with us at the weekend, scariest thing I've had to face in years

Comment

Not sure how many I would have gotten but my 11 year old stepson just got 15/15 WITHOUT seeing the 4 possible answers. Blown away!
                                                                                            Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                                              Not sure how many I would have gotten but my 11 year old stepson just got 15/15 WITHOUT seeing the 4 possible answers. Blown away!

If ever a stepson needed a slap.

Comment

Re Richard Keogh car crash how could 2 other Derby players be charged with drink driving , it was a single vehicle collision??

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                                                  How many hours ago had he done it himself?

Comment

How many hours ago had he done it himself?
                                                                                                    Reminds me of the time I rewound and paused University Challenge . The missus was stunned I knew everything. Including what adds were coming up. That part gave the game away. I took it too far as usual .

Comment

Halfway through Japan trip, couple of stray observations;

Transport system is not as effective as expected, the high speed trains are great but day to day inter city floating about is frustrating with the different companies and needing different tickets for travel.

Tokyo is a big place

The general politeness and customs interacting when buying something brings a smile to your face. It's just a different experience and I enjoy it a lot.

Japanese women , the top 20% are stunningly beautiful and the top 5% are out of this world.

711 is everywhere and do very good cheap snacks like steamed pork buns etc.

Apparently there's a rugby tournament on, only game I've enjoyed so far has been the France Argentina, the rest just don't have the atmosphere, Japan Ireland should be good though

Gaa jerseys on tour is still a thing it seems. Never understood that, in cities and non game days still seeing Irish jerseys being worn at a much higher percentage than other countries, new zealand a close second for branded all blacks gear.

Much prefer thicker noodles in ramen

The scrubbing of your taint as you sit on a stool before getting into onsen is an activity where one struggles to be graceful.

Tokyo is the quietest city I've been to despite being insanely busy.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Trippie; 27-09-19, 02:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                        The scrubbing of your taint as you sit on a stool before getting into onsen is an activity where one struggles to be graceful.
                                                                                                        tell me more, any onsen I've ever seen has involved a brawl usually with a gaijin in a short towel or a kung fu expert and his comically inept sidekick.

@Dice, who much would a japanese bum washing toilet set me back?
                                                                                                        It's close to number one on the list when I get the house buy over the line
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Booked chapter one 3 months ago for tomorrow night and I've come down with the worst dose I've ever had, 3 days off this week and no sign of getting better. Back to the doctors today. For fuck sake. The mother in law will be happy with a nice night out with her daughter

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            tell me more, any onsen I've ever seen has involved a brawl usually with a gaijin in a short towel or a kung fu expert and his comically inept sidekick.

@Dice, who much would a japanese bum washing toilet set me back?
                                                                                                            It's close to number one on the list when I get the house buy over the line
                                                                                                            Split male and female, small towels given but never used.

First room you walk into has row of hand shower heads, a small plastic seat like you'd see in a kids room or a bucket turned over, drains beneath you, body wash, shampoo, conditioner in bottles, timed shower when hit a handle like flappy paddle gears on cars.

Start with hair and work way down, expected a full scrub. Smaller hotel onsens just have the hot spring pool, but the independent ones have several floors and rooms, start with hot spring pool, then into different temperatures can get additional treatments if you want, last place we ended up had infinity water claw footed baths on roof of building. Just sat there and water constantly replenished.

Also not a problem for me but some of them are no tattoos allowed, i know some have softened their stance for foreigners for the world cup but still can't go to more traditional ones especially since my mate has a colt 45 on his rib cage

The toilets here are different level as well, adjustable angle and water pressure from sprinkles to power wash and warmed seats
                                                                                                            Last edited by Trippie; 27-09-19, 09:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              11 I'd never have got, had a completely different shape in mind!
                                                                                                              11 and 13 for me

Agree with you on 11, for some reason I thought it would have a straight line border. (why doesn't it? )

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Re Richard Keogh car crash how could 2 other Derby players be charged with drink driving , it was a single vehicle collision??

I heard that two of the lads were racing each other in seperate cars and Keogh was in one of them.

Footballers aren't exactly known for their intelligence but this is new levels of absolute, complete and utter dumb fuckery.

Keogh's career is over. Derby will end his contract and nobody else will touch him at 35 especially as the captain of a team being involved in this incident. Your captain is the one you want reigning things in if it's all going a bit Pete Tong. He probably won't be fit in time, if we manage to qualify for the Euro's either and even if he was, would we really want to bring him back into the squad? Also puts us in a very tough spot as our two main centre backs look to be out for the next two games plus Stevens is also suspended for the 1st one.

That said, they are lucky nobody, either them or anybody else, died.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                  I heard that two of the lads were racing each other in seperate cars and Keogh was in one of them.

Footballers aren't exactly known for their intelligence but this is new levels of absolute, complete and utter dumb fuckery.

Keogh's career is over. Derby will end his contract and nobody else will touch him at 35 especially as the captain of a team being involved in this incident. Your captain is the one you want reigning things in if it's all going a bit Pete Tong. He probably won't be fit in time, if we manage to qualify for the Euro's either and even if he was, would we really want to bring him back into the squad? Also puts us in a very tough spot as our two main centre backs look to be out for the next two games plus Stevens is also suspended for the 1st one.

That said, they are lucky nobody, either them or anybody else, died.
                                                                                                                  WhatsApp story going around says that the two boyos upped and left Keogh unconscious in the back of one of the cars at the scene

Comment

Fuckin' hell:

Comment

Good old Joris Bohnson.

Whoever was in charge of lining up interviewees must have been locked, that's bordering on exploitation.

Comment

Good old Joris Bohnson.

Whoever was in charge of lining up interviewees must have been locked, that's bordering on exploitation.
                                                                                                                        guy is obviously missing a few toys from the attic.
                                                                                                                        That or completely shat himself and panicked as soon as the camera went on him
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                          WhatsApp story going around says that the two boyos upped and left Keogh unconscious in the back of one of the cars at the scene
                                                                                                                          Sadly, wouldn't be surprised if true

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X