Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Feck! that is grim.
    "It's grim up north" (which for some reason was an acceptable punchline) became its grim some time ago

That's why Brexit happened, that and the fact that (by design) they are thick as fuck

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      Me too.
      It’s clearly the best format. El Thanks button FTW

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
        I think that's the best one. It's the one I use, and the default if not logged in I believe.
        Aha, that explains why we don't get many new sign-ups these days.

Comment

I'm farily convinced somebody is trying to wind me up today...

Customer : I've an urgent shipment that I need you to arrange urgently, it's urgent!!

Me : Ok, what have you to ship?

Customer : I don't know, it's not ready yet.

Me : Ok, where do you need it shipped to?

Customer : I'm not sure exactly where it's to go, somewhere in the USA

Me : I would really need to know that information in order to arrange this.

Customer : Why is this so complicated? You know this is urgent, right?

Me : *makes mental note to add a zero or two to their price for shipping before sending to them*

Comment

Bored now

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

If the cunts at the BBC asked questions of politicians the way the cunts at BT ask managers questions after games they would still be cunts but at least they would be horrible cunts and they might get an answer

The shite Frank Lampard was getting asked there(his "would you fuck off face" was good mind)

Its a football match and they are acting like they are a serious journalists in a crisis

& ya BT annoy me a tad

Comment

New business cards at work. Company wide update to have consistency across the business. A few people unhappy, but I had proper Patrick Bateman moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  New business cards at work. Company wide update to have consistency across the business. A few people unhappy, but I had proper Patrick Bateman moment.
                  Haven’t had business cards in years and someone to give them too in way longer.

Are they still a big thing in oz or is it the industry you work in? I know that banks and estate agents give them out here alright
                  Last edited by RichieM; 18-09-19, 06:10.

Comment

Even ten years ago, those nice shiny packs of 500 business cards invariably turned into a drinks coaster.

You can put them in your Rolodex.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Perhaps it is a NZ/OZ thing because I was given them almost immediately after starting a job down there.
                      Also the couple I lived, CEO of start up & town planner had them.

I was given one by an Irish guy perhaps last year over here but his role was Account Manager so perhaps they're used there.

Comment

Now that I recall, ours was an organisation with no titles.

So the CEO and me both had the same business card.

'Gobshite A, XYZ Bank'. Always caused a minor WTF moment when you exchanged cards with the 'Third Senior Vice President of Product Development, North America'.

Comment

More than a decade ago my card was handed out like confetti at a conference in East Africa, I'm still getting spam weekly from that mistake. I've refused to even have a card since.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Suddenly Corbyn's Brexit plan appears to be well thought out and reasonable.

And most importantly something the Libs and SNP could likely back in a coalition.

Comment

Had a good lol once when a manager handed me a stack of business cards at a time when we were desperately trying to get our customers to open tickets rather than contacting us directly.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What's going on with the Quinn holdings stuff? Who's angry at them and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  Undercurrent of the IRA having some association with the previous owners?
                                  Presumably the purpose of disrupting the current business is to make it unworkable/undervalued and then the original owners can get back in cheaply. They were 'much-loved in the local area' and 'salt-of-the-earth employers' etc.
                                  Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 18-09-19, 10:03.

Comment

Good article . Updadubs

The Dublin finances debate has been raging for months as Dublin head toward five All-Ireland football titles in a row? Is it a fair argument?

Comment

Seems like UK Government have sort of surrendered the main point adjudicated on in Scotland to the Court on prorogation.

They aren't even pretending that that the reason was anything other than to try and force through a no deal without parliamentary scrutiny.

Presumably with the scottish courts having looked at the evidence and adjudicated on it they are trying to limit the damage and keep the whatsapp messages under wraps or lese the lying to the Queen and to parliment might become a problem.

Court will probably rule that in some circumstances its ok to prorogue for political reasons but not to use it as a tool to leave the EU without the permission of parliament.

What we will not be holding our breath waiting for is the BBC and Kunnsberg to push hard the questions about lying to the house and HRH.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Undercurrent of the IRA having some association with the previous owners?
                                        Presumably the purpose of disrupting the current business is to make it unworkable/undervalued and then the original owners can get back in cheaply. They were 'much-loved in the local area' and 'salt-of-the-earth employers' etc.
                                        I was only thinking of this over lunch.

Would the previous owners really have ties to the 'RA?

If even if they were 'much loved' and 'salt of the earth' surely the shennigans going on now, car bombs, serious assaults, broken legs, etc is all a tad too far for a group of locals?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

If even if they were 'much loved' and 'salt of the earth' surely the shennigans going on now, car bombs, serious assaults, broken legs, etc is all a tad too far for a group of locals?
                                          Depends on the locals!

Comment

On the border. Par for the course imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              On the border. Par for the course imo.

I just don't see what they get out of it

Comment

It's traditional.

Part of the reason why I'm resolutely anti taking back the North. It's a nice romantic idea but you've got embittered, useless, costly twats on both sides that will have to be policed and paid for. Fuck that.

Comment

It's traditional.

Part of the reason why I'm resolutely anti taking back the North. It's a nice romantic idea but you've got embittered, useless, costly twats on both sides that will have to be policed and paid for. Fuck that.
                                                  +There are enough creationists in the Dail with the Healy Rae's without importing the lunatic fringe!

Comment

$$$$$$$

Comment

They should just put him in a room making buses, any credibility he had is gone

Last edited by DeadParrot; 18-09-19, 15:35.
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        They should just put him in a room making buses, any credibility he had is gone

In my opinion his level of credibility and suitability to be the leader of one of the largest economies in the world remains completely unchanged.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                          In my opinion his level of credibility and suitability to be the leader of one of the largest economies in the world remains completely unchanged.
                                                          I see what you did there

Comment

So now as well as a 7 day old daughter that nearly died he is dealing with being a target for online right wing trolls

Fucking Marxist (not Tory at all) BBC bastards

Im sure he couldn't give a fuck about the internet at the moment but gonna be a pain in the arse for him when everything back to normal!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

So now as well as a 7 day old daughter that nearly died he is dealing with being a target for online right wing trolls

Fucking Marxist (not Tory at all) BBC bastards

Im sure he couldn't give a fuck about the internet at the moment but gonna be a pain in the arse for him when everything back to normal!
                                                              I'm fond of Kuennssberg, and don't see anything wrong with her tweeting that. Twitter is a cesspool, and other than people who have to use it for their job, I have very little sympathy for anyone that regularly tweets.

Comment

First time in my life that I've had to regularly trim a hedge. The resultant topiary travesty has given me a new respect for hairdressers.

Comment

First time in my life that I've had to regularly trim a hedge. The resultant topiary travesty has given me a new respect for hairdressers.
                                                                  Tell me you're not using a hand shears

Comment

Today I mostly baked an apple pie. Not cutting into it until tomorrw, but the lack of soggy bottom bodes well

Comment

Comment

This Virgin Media coverage of the Champions League is top class. Can switch off Souness droning on and happily flick between PSG v Madrid and Atletico v Juve. No bullahit half time analysis on the extra channels, just show the game and that's it. Perfect.

Comment

Left my gaff at 7.30am today and drove to Castlebar, met with a customer then headed down the M17 to meet another guy 10 miles outside. Carried on towards Galway then headed to Blanchardstown to the office, then home.

Mad to look at the map and realise if there was a bridge to Holyhead I basically drove to the outskirts of London.

Awesome day for it. The wesht is amazing on a sunny day.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

That Cavan attack is a new low, abhorrent thuggery. My wife is from that area and I am constantly amazed at the widespread veneration of the Quinns around there.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                              I'm fond of Kuennssberg, and don't see anything wrong with her tweeting that. Twitter is a cesspool, and other than people who have to use it for their job, I have very little sympathy for anyone that regularly tweets.
                                                                              The cesspit part is true.
                                                                              Maybe you haven't been paying attention to Laura's trajectory, she's stopped even pretending to be in any way objective and has unapologetically become a mouthpiece for Cummings / Johnson both before and after their ascendancy.

She was at the front and center of shifting the Luxembourg presser story from being the truth that the Brits tried to have it moved indoors at 5 minutes notice to the ' poor Boris was set up by nasty Europeans' narrative.

Comment

If it was a staged event and him not being there as his daughter was ill, I don't think it's unreasonable for Laura K to mention it.

However, what she did was basically sic a load of right-wing nutters onto the guy. Just casually tweeting "this is him" and a link to his Twitter is pretty reckless imo.

Whether she meant it or not, it was basically a call for a pile on. "This is him here!" is what you say if you find the guy who egged your neighbour hiding behind your bins.

He was already in the hospital with his kid. Bojo is the one who turned up with cameras for a cheesecake shot
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Courier Collie is up to something imo

Massive scam in play. Possibly even a scamola.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Left my gaff at 7.30am today and drove to Castlebar, met with a customer then headed down the M17 to meet another guy 10 miles outside. Carried on towards Galway then headed to Blanchardstown to the office, then home.

Mad to look at the map and realise if there was a bridge to Holyhead I basically drove to the outskirts of London.

Awesome day for it. The wesht is amazing on a sunny day.
                                                                                    I drove from Banff to Vancouver one day. Not a fun day.

Comment

I'm fond of Kuennssberg, and don't see anything wrong with her tweeting that.
                                                                                      The start of her sentence should have mentioned she is a Tory if that's the game

Comment

Courier Collie is up to something imo

Massive scam in play. Possibly even a scamola.
                                                                                        Collie is another Russian bot, hence the pie/bread pictures whenever someone mentions that HitchBot is missing or attacks the media coverage of the Tories

Distraction pieces 101

Comment

Ah Jesus, that takes me back.

I used to regularly trim the hedge of a rented house back in the day and hated it... the owners were relatives letting me live there on the cheap so I felt obligated to do it. That what I was doing on the day of 9/11... I was trimming the hedge that day and the neighbour came out and told me what was happening, so I put down tools and watched the events on her 11" TV set over tea and biscuits.
                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Have been writing a little bit of poetry over the last few years, sporadically. Went through a six month or so phase bursting with creativity, poetry and song writing. Pretty much all for my eyes and ears only. I occasionally plucked up the courage, usually dutch, to share.

Had a rare burst the other night with some beverages on board, and decided to share to twitter. Immediately cringe regretted.

Then this happened... our very own Icky commented this...

SPOILER

The cringe lifted, along with my confidence.

Then, this. The next morning I opened twitter and saw that a fan page of only Patrick fooking Kavanagh had liked my poem. This is unreal. I'm honestly gobsmacked by this. All these years of being embarrassed by my work..

SPOILER

My poem...

SPOILER
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                              Brown Bread and Apple Pie or GTFO
                                                                                              Will be baking some bread in the morning. Nabbed the last bag of this in Tesco, and though it's almost white, it's quite interesting.

Our 100% Ancient Grains flour is a blend of the finest wholemeal and plain spelt flours combined with quinoa, hulled millet and amaranth seeds.

Comment

Have been writing a little bit of poetry over the last few years, sporadically.

Then, this. The next morning I opened twitter and saw that a fan page of only Patrick fooking Kavanagh had liked my poem. This is unreal. I'm honestly gobsmacked by this. All these years of being embarrassed by my work..

My poem...

SPOILER
                                                                                                Ha, well played. I was ready for some serious depth.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                    I drove from van to calg on a Sunday a couple weeks ago.

Was genuinely enjoyable.
                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

So once someone tweets regularly they deserve anything that happens to them?
                                                                                                      Last edited by Hectorjelly; 18-09-19, 20:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                        So once someone tweets they deserve anything that happens to them?
                                                                                                        Not anything completely random, but something related to those tweets, yes.

Comment

Did Ashville North Carolina to Waco Texas
                                                                                                          stopping off in Nashville for a few hours
                                                                                                          Was the longest single drive 25% of a trip that covered 4000 miles over 3 weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                            I drove from van to calg on a Sunday a couple weeks ago.

Was genuinely enjoyable.
                                                                                                            Christ thats a beast. 12 hours? Mine was in a semifunctioning Ford Fiesta and I broke the key and Revelstoke which added to the hassle of it. Had also driven up 5 days previous albeit with a night stop in Kamloops.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                Did Ashville North Carolina to Waco Texas
                                                                                                                stopping off in Nashville for a few hours
                                                                                                                Was the longest single drive 25% of a trip that covered 4000 miles over 3 weekends.
                                                                                                                You win so!

Comment

Have been writing a little bit of poetry over the last few years, sporadically. Went through a six month or so phase bursting with creativity, poetry and song writing. Pretty much all for my eyes and ears only. I occasionally plucked up the courage, usually dutch, to share.

Had a rare burst the other night with some beverages on board, and decided to share to twitter. Immediately cringe regretted.

Then this happened... our very own Icky commented this...

SPOILER

The cringe lifted, along with my confidence.

SPOILER

My poem...

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  That poem was very deep Conor, I didn't realised it was spoliered at the bottom.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

You win so!
                                                                                                                    We had a Lincoln Town car which was as big as a hotel room

Comment

Those road trips all sound like a dream compared to 3 kids in the back on the road to Roscommon

Strange to think there are people who enjoy driving.

Comment

Did north of Detroit straight to Dallas before, was so freaked out by petrol station where I was close to setting a crack whore on fire that I just pretended I was the bandit and kept driving for 20 hours.

I love road trips throughout the USA, such an amazing place for them, have gone from Texas across to Florida, up through the Carolinas to DC and back, also Texas to Ohio through Kentucky and west Virginia, then west through New Mexico

Comment

Those road trips all sound like a dream compared to 3 kids in the back on the road to Roscommon
                                                                                                                          Shoot on sight policy now, you seem like a prime target for that down there, wandering back from the pub

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X