Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    That led me to this (can you tell I have a deadline looming )

Audiard made a western last year that passed me by , looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OwvqKwTKmE
    i have it queued up to go also, but westerns always require the "right moment" to watch, and i just haven't found it recently.

Did you ever watch "Bone tomahawk" which came out a few years back? absolutely brilliant. well worth the watch, and not for the faint hearted.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Does no-one in Kerry point out that the 6pm throw-in is the best option for some travelling fans?
      Presumably there are plenty who wouldn't want his mooted 2pm start as that would impinge on Friday night socializing and the game build-up.
      It seems, from a distance, that the Healy-Rae position becomes the de facto Kerry position.
      how would a 3pm start impinge on Friday night socializing. 6 pm start means a long drive or getting gouged by Dublin hotel prices, although hopefully this hotel prices will come down in future when they build a few more hotels over kips like the Bernard Shaw

Comment

Does no-one in Kerry point out that the 6pm throw-in is the best option for some travelling fans?
        Presumably there are plenty who wouldn't want his mooted 2pm start as that would impinge on Friday night socializing and the game build-up.
        It seems, from a distance, that the Healy-Rae position becomes the de facto Kerry position.
        It suits me fine as I'm happy to stay over and have a few jars. Tough for people who want or need to return home again Saturday night though.

I haven't heard anyone make the argument that 6pm is a good time because they can get extra-smashed the night before, not sure if serious?

Comment

I think majority travelling to games wouldnt drink much the night before if they're at home. Maybe a couple down the local. Part of the buzz of all Ireland day is getting into Dublin early and heading for the pub. The place lads from my home club meet is Brannigans just off O Connell street. Walked in there for the first game at about midday and I may as well have walked into the local at home. Every fella young and old was there. It's a handy meeting spot.

A 2 or 3pm start is a million times better than a 6pm start for travelling fans. Obviously 6pm suits me better now but if I was travelling from Kerry it wouldnt be ideal.

Comment

Actually on that point. My brother stayed with me last time and drove into the game. Afterwards I went to get the bus and stopped in to Hedigans at the top of Whitworth road for a pint. Met another lad from Ashbourne and we ended up having a few pints and his missus came to collect us. On the way home I txt the brother to ask where they were and theyd just passed Newbridge. I do not miss those journeys. I was home and in bed, fresh as a daisy for work the next day before they were anywhere near home.

Comment

Has the Abbey or The Gate or such kept on the move over the last 100 odd years or so?
              Not sure they're the best comparison to make!

Comment

One thing I'm curious about re Brexit: how come it makes sense for Guinness to ship its product to the North for bottle and canning, before shipping it back to Dublin. 13,000 journies a year?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                  I think majority travelling to games wouldnt drink much the night before if they're at home. Maybe a couple down the local. Part of the buzz of all Ireland day is getting into Dublin early and heading for the pub. The place lads from my home club meet is Brannigans just off O Connell street. Walked in there for the first game at about midday and I may as well have walked into the local at home. Every fella young and old was there. It's a handy meeting spot.

A 2 or 3pm start is a million times better than a 6pm start for travelling fans. Obviously 6pm suits me better now but if I was travelling from Kerry it wouldnt be ideal.
                  Wind ups aside it’s a disgrace the game isn’t on at 3 because of a poxy flat horse race.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    It suits me fine as I'm happy to stay over and have a few jars. Tough for people who want or need to return home again Saturday night though.

I haven't heard anyone make the argument that 6pm is a good time because they can get extra-smashed the night before, not sure if serious?
                    I was serious. Though wasn't really thinking about getting smashed on Friday night, more just some gentle socializing. A 2pm throw-in means you'd have to leave Kerry at maybe 7.30am on Saturday which pretty much destroys your Friday evening and the journey up to Dublin wouldn't be a huge lot of craic. 6pm would seem a lot better for a certain/type age of fan - can go out Friday night, then hop on a supporters club coach at lunchtime Saturday.

I do accept that it's a really bad time for some fans, but I think it's unavoidable that it's always going to be unsuitable for some.
                    My main gripe was it just seems that the Healy Rae's get to decide whether its good or bad. So the headline has become 'Kerry fans angry with match timing' when surely 'some Kerry fans unhappy, others think its fucking perfect' would be more accurate.

Not a pro-Dub, anti-Kerry thing by the way - I've said before that I'd be happy if the final moved around different venues on a rota so everyone was potentially inconvenienced.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                      Yes I understand that's the outrage.

I'm simply saying that if a venue of this kind has the capacity to generate 620k in profit in 2018 while pubs are closing at high frequency throughout Ireland & the UK then I suspect whether it's a pub or other type of cultural space, then they will be provided because it's in both parties best interest to do so.

Do other European cities that have more than one of these venues use the "art and culture" taxes from hotels which you referred to in order to fund pubs such as this?

I get you but i dont see it happening anywhere.

Dont know much about how the culture tax is spent elsewhere other than that it exists. Doubtful it funds pubs but I would have had the shaw as more than a pub, and it funded itself anyhow
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

To be brief, no as there is fuck all spaces/place left to spring up.
                        Surely that just needs a bit of creativity?

That would appear to be a nice match.
                        There's a ton of old places in Dublin if you are prepared to look. Admittedly, I dunno if there are zombie landlords at play
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I was serious. Though wasn't really thinking about getting smashed on Friday night, more just some gentle socializing. A 2pm throw-in means you'd have to leave Kerry at maybe 7.30am on Saturday which pretty much destroys your Friday evening and the journey up to Dublin wouldn't be a huge lot of craic. 6pm would seem a lot better for a certain/type age of fan - can go out Friday night, then hop on a supporters club coach at lunchtime Saturday.

I do accept that it's a really bad time for some fans, but I think it's unavoidable that it's always going to be unsuitable for some.
                          My main gripe was it just seems that the Healy Rae's get to decide whether its good or bad. So the headline has become 'Kerry fans angry with match timing' when surely 'some Kerry fans unhappy, others think its fucking perfect' would be more accurate.

Not a pro-Dub, anti-Kerry thing by the way - I've said before that I'd be happy if the final moved around different venues on a rota so everyone was potentially inconvenienced.
                          I see what you are getting at about that - I welcome anyone worrying about my views being conflated with the boys', much appreciated

Tbf the consensus does seem to be that it's a bit shit putting it on at 6pm even from people not personally discommoded by it but it's just one of those things. I haven't been paying much attention but I suspect it's being overplayed, no one I know has gone much farther than just mentioning it in passing.

Personally I'm a strict adherent to the philosophy of getting a good chunk of your celebrating done in the days before the match so as to avoid result-dependency, so the late start will suit me perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

There's a ton of old places in Dublin if you are prepared to look. Admittedly, I dunno if there are zombie landlords at play
                            think Dublin is ripe for a Kallio type of scene similar to the neighbourhood in Helsinki. A great little bohemian area full of different types of bars , vintage clothes, record shops , A great food scene also for strange vegan types . The bar scene remindsme of genwich village back in the 80s. We need a viable alternative to the Temple bar rip off , pubs with a character and unique vibe. I think that area down by the Diceman could easily be influenced and developed more into a bohemian area. If you are ever in Helsinki , get yourself to Kallio imo

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              Wind ups aside it’s a disgrace the game isn’t on at 3 because of a poxy flat horse race.
                              It's not on at 3 on Sunday because the women are scheduled for then and and the days when you would have just moved them to a wek later are long gone. The GAA have no interest in a playing a football final in the dead zone of 3 on a Saturday
                              Teatime on Saturday is the preferred time for audiences both attending and tuning in.
                              I've explained earlier that racing choose to give up its prime time spot to accommodate the football, if they'd been starting at 3 HRI would have pushed the race out in the other direction.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Even the people who hate pubs like the ... Whatever it's fucking called... Should be sorry at it's passing

At worst it's something different in a town desperately trying to become bland

At best... It keeps all the annoying cunces away from you

So unless you live next door or own shares in the site, it's closing is surely a bad thing!

Comment

Bollix, why do you have to keep on the move? Has the Abbey or The Gate or such kept on the move over the last 100 odd years or so? And even, if this was true, where exactly do you propose they move to? Where are your non commercial spaces going to pop up exactly, what area/builiding/general location in Dublin do you suggest? How about the area up around New Market, oh no, that's gone, how about the north side of the quays inbetween the IFSC and the port, oh no, that's gone, how about around Francis/Thomas St, oh no that's gone, how about just down the road, nope that's now a fuckign Weatherspoons, how about the south quays where there was some cool old warehouses perfect for this kind of thing, oh, no, hang on that's already gone too!

You're not really comparing the GBS to the Abbey or the Gate now are you

I'm talking about youth and emerging art. I'd argue that for youthful art to flourish while you do need a nexus of people from different backgrounds coming together in Dublin with a population now well over a million it is time we saw some cultural development outside our tiny city centre. There is plenty of cheaper spaces including run down pubs if that is where, being Ireland all cultural activity is obligated to be centered on, available nearer to where people live outside the canals .

Comment

I would
                                    airport, lol

Comment

I'm talking about youth and emerging art. I'd argue that for youthful art to flourish while you do need a nexus of people from different backgrounds coming together in Dublin with a population now well over a million it is time we saw some cultural development outside our tiny city centre. There is plenty of cheaper spaces including run down pubs if that is where, being Ireland all cultural activity is obligated to be centered on, available nearer to where people live outside the canals .
                                      So you want outside of the canals to flourish culturally but inside to be a dead zone, devoid of all character?

Give me your top ten spots that you're suggesting here?

Comment

Below is from March this year, not sure if it is still tied up in the legal challenge, but I don't think a lack of creativity is the problem.

Places like the Dublin Flea Market have scoured the city repeatedly to find a suitable venue after they got the heave ho from New Market square with very little success. They eventually managed to get the digital hub on Thomas St but as it is fully outdoors, it is only really suitable for 3-4 months of the year and even then, there is a risk with Irish summers.

Trust me, the creative people didn't just give up at the first challenge, people have exhausted opportunites and they will continue to try find options but the simple fact is that the number of locations or possible locations is dwindling fast.

A group of amusement arcade owners, including Rosanna Davison’s multi-millionaire father-in-law Richard Quirke, have pooled resources to challenge a Dublin District Court Judge’s refusal to grant them gaming licenses on the basis his court did not have power to do so.

Comment

Hi everyone. I have an Indian friend, a wonderful guy called Bharat who is from the Dalit community ("untouchable"). We met when we were fundraising together 2 years ago for a charity that works with Dalits in India & Nepal.

He has set up a small school in India for the poorest of Dalit and Tribal children. These communities suffer extreme caste-based discrimination, including in school. Bharat is committed to giving them a quality education and giving them the confidence to become future leaders in their communities working for dignity and social justice.

The little school needs funds and it is so hard for them to raise it from within the impoverished community. I have found Bharat to be a great inspiration and I have complete faith in him and this project. So I want to help with it, and I am inviting your generosity to please help. Consider this me nipping for nifty

I have set up a Gofundme page:
                                          Support a school overcoming caste-based discrimination in India. This is my friend Bharat Wankhade... H… Robert Mckeon needs your support for Mudita School

Here are a couple of videos to give a sense of what the reality is like for Dalit and Tribal children:

Dalit Council Of India, Dalit, Dalit Life, ambedkar, ambedkar song, dalit dastak, dalit news network, dalit news, dalit camera, dalit movies, dalit panther, Mohinder Singh, DCI, Council, india

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

p.s. I use no social media at all, so if anyone would be willing to share it on that would be great.
                                          Last edited by hotspur; 12-09-19, 17:16.

Comment

Nifty nippage nabbed from me...good luck with the target
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Nifty nippage nabbed from me...good luck with the target
                                              Cheers RDIII. And to a certain other HHE man about town.

Comment

Listowel, and its a only a five hour round trip for a County Councillor with a few pints in him
                                                Jaysus, the worst kip in Kerry. Assume its for the races and not the vibrant creative arts scene

Comment

So you want outside of the canals to flourish culturally but inside to be a dead zone, devoid of all character?

Give me your top ten spots that you're suggesting here?
                                                  Not at all but if that is what happens it is the fault of we the people who elect the council.

Literally anywhere from Fairview to the newtown beyond Baldoyle, from Crumlin to Tallaght there are many places that could do with a little bit of hipster activity.

I heard Mannix Flynn and some sanctimonious prick shouting at each other on the radio earlier and it would seem that noise was actually a huge unresolved issue between residents and the GBS pub.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                    Jesus even worse, it’s the Mutt racing semifinals? Thought RTÉ were in bad financial straits. Didn’t know they were still covering a sport only watched by piss soaked degens. Ridiculous.
                                                    Who enjoys watching doped up greyhounds racing to stave off getting a bullet in the head/ducked out the back off a hiace for one more day.
                                                    I guess some might enjoy that in a gladiatorial way
                                                    Was in a Boyles in the city centre at lunchtime. Place was nice and clean cos the area manager was in checking up on them ahead of the dog racing on Saturday (which they're sponsoring). Normally the place looks like a bomb had hit it with at least one or two junkies/drinkers in.

Anyway youngish hipster fella with big muscles, big headphones and big beard was punting away on the dogs. While i was there he had 3 e100 and 1 e150 bets (he laid them out on the seat below me so it was easy to see what he was at).

He didn't watch a single race, just scrolled through the Post on his phone looking for the next bet then also seemed to look up the results on his phone too.

He had one 7/4 winner so he was a couple of bets in the hole when i left. I got more of a buzz out of it than he seemed to. Mild degen i suppose but definitely no smell of piss (unlike some other days in there).

Comment

Jaysus, the worst kip in Kerry. Assume its for the races and not the vibrant creative arts scene

Had many a great night in Listowel . Better than Ballybunion anyway. Met the great John B had a grand ol chat about his poem that was on the wall of the maid of erin when it were a pub.

Comment

Not at all but if that is what happens it is the fault of we the people who elect the council.

Literally anywhere from Fairview to the newtown beyond Baldoyle, from Crumlin to Tallaght there are many places that could do with a little bit of hipster activity.

I heard Mannix Flynn and some sanctimonious prick shouting at each other on the radio earlier and it would seem that noise was actually a huge unresolved issue between residents and the GBS pub.
                                                        Can we also elect An Board Pleana? Because DCC approved the retention of the beer garden in GBS but An Board Pleana over ruled it.

As for your great locations suggestions, you've basically named the whole of Dublin, without actually pointing out anything in particular.

I've no idea why or how none of our most creative minds haven't thought of just doing stuff, literally anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                          The hangar the Tivoli and we're two big music venues full every Friday and Saturday.
                                                          Was the Tivoli a popular place? I used to pass it a bit last year and marvel that it still existed. Remember going to a great House of Pain gig there with Scary Eire many a moon ago.

Comment

This could be great but highly likely that reality out-weirds it!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                              Was in a Boyles in the city centre at lunchtime. Place was nice and clean cos the area manager was in checking up on them ahead of the dog racing on Saturday (which they're sponsoring). Normally the place looks like a bomb had hit it with at least one or two junkies/drinkers in.

Anyway youngish hipster fella with big muscles, big headphones and big beard was punting away on the dogs. While i was there he had 3 e100 and 1 e150 bets (he laid them out on the seat below me so it was easy to see what he was at).

He didn't watch a single race, just scrolled through the Post on his phone looking for the next bet then also seemed to look up the results on his phone too.

He had one 7/4 winner so he was a couple of bets in the hole when i left. I got more of a buzz out of it than he seemed to. Mild degen i suppose but definitely no smell of piss (unlike some other days in there).
                                                              Boyles/PP/Ladbrokes for increasing scuzz levels imo

Comment

I've no idea why or how none of our most creative minds haven't thought of just doing stuff, literally anywhere!
                                                                Indeed

Comment

This is just nonsesne, why does it have to be one or the other, and if it has to be the later in your head, where do all the creatives live? Do we ferry them all in from Athlone or some other remote country location on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to provide the city with some creativity and culture?
                                                                  I was taking the piss a bit with that line to be honest. My point really is do the local residents not have any say in being discommoded from what they see is going on at the GBS? I would generally represent developers on the other side of this argument so it's usually me trying to argue the other way around!

The one thing I would say on the whole decision and I think ABP actually overstepped their boundaries a bit on 'future use' comments is that the application in itself was terribly put together. For some reason no noise survey or report was carried out which would have covered off that issue, notwithstanding the other comments of ABP, and ABP were never going to request this as further info. I still think they have a chance at getting permission on the site on a temporary basis but they really need to hire proper consultants to deal with the issues now raised.

Comment

Squeaky bum time setting in now. Still on the hunt for 1 replay ticket if anyone comes across one. Ty

Comment

Might interest a few here - Lidl Wine Sale 12/09/19

Anyone know what is the best of the red wines to try and pick up?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        RDIII - details of the Eames chair? Where did you order it from? I am (finally) just finishing up my office refurb (DIY project and photos to follow) so am keen to get a chair. Thinking Wingback or Eames style.
                                                                        Discover beautiful, high quality Mid-century and Scandinavian style furniture for home and commercial interiors. 5* Reviews & Fast delivery across the UK.

It's definitely a chair for lazing about in rather than working though!

Comment

Squeaky bum time setting in now. Still on the hunt for 1 replay ticket if anyone comes across one. Ty
                                                                          A lad I know had 4 tickets on fb today looking for 500 quid he's from town here
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I'm about five pints into the celebrations anyway.

Comment

You'll definitely be ok. PM your number just in case if you like. Same for Kayroo if you're still stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                A lad I know had 4 tickets on fb today looking for 500 quid he's from town here
                                                                                Doubt he has any tickets. Scumbag if so

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                You'll definitely be ok. PM your number just in case if you like. Same for Kayroo if you're still stuck.
                                                                                I like.drunk Keane, celebrations start tomorrow night for me. PM Sent

Comment

Doubt he has any tickets. Scumbag if so

I like.drunk Keane, celebrations start tomorrow night for me. PM Sent
                                                                                  Just checked post is deleted. Prob got abuse no doubt
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                    Just checked post is deleted. Prob got abuse no doubt
                                                                                    More likely to be an idiot with a joke gone wrong. Any fella with 4 "spares" would only have them as club tickets most likely and if he was foolish enough to stick em on Facebook it wouldn't go down well. I'd say he was taking the piss and it backfired on him

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

That seems like an incredibly grim existence, as does punting in bookies in general really.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                        That seems like an incredibly grim existence, as does punting in bookies in general really.
                                                                                        Its a luxury lifestyle now. The glory days was when most of the racing wasn't on tv so everyone was just listening to a radio feed. Amidst a continuous wall of cigarette smoke.

Comment

Its a luxury lifestyle now. The glory days was when most of the racing wasn't on tv so everyone was just listening to a radio feed. Amidst a continuous wall of cigarette smoke.
                                                                                          Great days indeed, I used to mark the board in a small independent for a couple of years in the early nineties, early prices off teletext in the morning! Trying to hear the "blower" on a busy Saturday was almost impossible. Winning 5x my weekly wage at the time when Jodami hosed up in the 93 Gold Cup had me thinking I was destined to be a pro punter from then on, alas not long after I had to go and get a more suitable job!
                                                                                          Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                            I am sure a lot is just money laundering.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

That led me to this (can you tell I have a deadline looming )

Audiard made a western last year that passed me by , looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OwvqKwTKmE
                                                                                              Will definitely watch this. The book was excellent. Got it as a present and have read it twice.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                Was the Tivoli a popular place? I used to pass it a bit last year and marvel that it still existed. Remember going to a great House of Pain gig there with Scary Eire many a moon ago.
                                                                                                Yeah, district 8 moved in there and was very popular among early 20s crowd for dance music. They had big name DJs every week and it would have been full most friday and saturdays. Definitely the biggest venue for that scene. An awful kip inside unfortunately though
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Used to host ott (Irish wrestling company) too.
                                                                                                  Now that is a vibrant Irish scene
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Used to host ott (Irish wrestling company) too.
                                                                                                    Now that is a vibrant Irish scene
                                                                                                    A guy I work with "creates" clickbait WWE videos as his side gig on YouTube. He was cleaning up, making upwards of 5k net a month in some cases. One video has over 5m views with $1 equalling 1k views.

Hes struggling now as you can longer copy and paste videos from others to the same extent. You now need to do commentary over them, he's struggling as English isn't his first language.
                                                                                                    He's trying out shit like "Top 10 Peoples Elbow" and quizzes to try to increase traffic.

He was showing me the analytics YouTube provide to their posters around projected review, average viewing time, pretty cool side gig when he's getting views.

Comment

I thought Dan Aykroyd died years ago. Not only is he still alive, he's in great form

Dan Aykroyd, CM OOnt is a Canadian-American actor, producer, comedian, musician and filmmaker who was an original member of the "Not Ready for Prime Time Pla...
                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

1hr 10m in and he's gone way off the deep end. Absolute Grade A loon.
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                          At least he believes the moon landings happened. Though he also thinks there were alien craft already there Ah, he's quite entertaining imo.
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

In a fun way? Or an annoying way.

Comment

I did see on twitter the other day about the GBS, had no idea where it was, all the talk here and I still do not think I have the slightest clue where it is or why it's a big deal. the pics make it look like something you'd expect amy whinehouse and pete doherty to be hanging around in.

regarding unique pubs and such in dublin, is it still the case where you had to get 2 country licenses for 1 dublin one? or has that landscape changed

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                At least he believes the moon landings happened. Though he also thinks there were alien craft already there Ah, he's quite entertaining imo.
                                                                                                                And still the maddest thing he's said is he thinks the new Ghostbuster's movie was great.
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

And still the maddest thing he's said is he thinks the new Ghostbuster's movie was great.
                                                                                                                  It's the 2nd best Ghostbusters movie!

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                                    I did see on twitter the other day about the GBS, had no idea where it was, all the talk here and I still do not think I have the slightest clue where it is or why it's a big deal. the pics make it look like something you'd expect amy whinehouse and pete doherty to be hanging around in.

regarding unique pubs and such in dublin, is it still the case where you had to get 2 country licenses for 1 dublin one? or has that landscape changed
                                                                                                                    It's not just you, after reading the coverage I'm left wondering was I in the same pub as everyone else

Comment

Cricket...

Smith:
                                                                                                                      Avg against outswinger etc about 75
                                                                                                                      Avg against inswinger etc about 25

So England, got any decent lads who has a bit of inswing to a righthander?

Young Curran!

Anygood?

Player of the series in India recently

Sweet, gonna play him?

ooohhh God no!

Them add Laaaaabuchannnnneeee into the mix with his similar(slightly copied) style

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                        Smith:
                                                                                                                        Avg against outswinger etc about 75
                                                                                                                        Avg against inswinger etc about 25

So England, got any decent lads who has a bit of inswing to a righthander?
                                                                                                                        Those figures look compelling, but don't actually mean anything if he has faced 3x as many outswinger deliveries v inswingers in his career.

Comment

the podcast i shared about coaching and him the other day goes into how to get him out and his averages. He is a machine at processing data like length and direction. He has great self discipline and just wont swing at balls outside his perceived zone, what you have to do is start it outside and then swing into his strike zone so he sees the ball late. This cuts down his reaction times massively and gets him out of comfort zone.

Anything else and he will just adjust feet and smash it or leave it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X