Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Love working with other people. It's why I've flourished so much here in terms of high level stuff. What could I do in the toppest of the top EU uni?

But I've no idea how to balance that with the kids. Love them so much but they're not my only thing. If given a choice I'd obv choose them.
    Sometimes life means hard choices I'm sure you've already realised that! Having children in the picture even more so in my limited experience.

I'm not giving advice - I don't think you are particularly asking for any anyhow - but I guess I would say that it might be fool's errand if you wait around for the 'perfect' solution, one that allows all of your wants and desires to be satisfied. That may not ever happen. As long as you are happy enough with accepting that, I'm sure you'll be able to make the right choice for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
      Off stump, offside field... off stump, offside field ad nauseum

Whispering Death is very very adamant on that
      England dressing room reading the BBV i see

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
        Surely this is a big swicheroo on the troll accusation?

Anyone and I include family, friends, Man U fanboys, anyone! who even attempts to justify or brush over those comments re. Walters and is aware of the context, is as big a prick as Keane himself.

Where did I brush over it?

I very clearly said it was below the belt and wasn't needed.

However, I stand by my comment, that I don't think he is a cunt.

As Elshambles said, you choose to be a cunt, Keane doesn't chosse this, he can't help it. When he was started talking about Walters, the red mist descended, he was fuming, it's like a trigger switches in him, he can't help it.

If you could somehow magically/surgically remove that from him, he would not have been the player he was, zero doubt about it in my head.

Comment

Ah heyoor! Poor auld Roy, will we have a mass said!

If what you say was true, complete tosh imo, then I assume now the red mist has lifted we will get a full and no holes barred apology to Walters?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
            Lol

I think Smith is getting bored now. He's definitely trying to see how close he can get to being out, without actually being out. Living on the edge, so to speak.

Pete, Devon
            Looking at stats there.

Smith is out on his own now as the second best batsman ever. Despite having a technique that makes him look like an epileptic on crack.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Love working with other people. It's why I've flourished so much here in terms of high level stuff. What could I do in the toppest of the top EU uni?

But I've no idea how to balance that with the kids. Love them so much but they're not my only thing. If given a choice I'd obv choose them.
              Seems to me you have man.
              Though to be honest, do you feel you'd more more or less prone to bouts of weekend jags in Renne or Dublin?
              Your problem, that I can see, isn't your professional life. It's how you marry being a professional, a family man and a functioning dipso (no offense meant)
              I would suggest one of those things have to go.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                Where did I brush over it?

I very clearly said it was below the belt and wasn't needed.

However, I stand by my comment, that I don't think he is a cunt.
                Act like a cunt, talk like a cunt, You're a cunt

As Elshambles said, you choose to be a cunt, Keane doesn't chosse this, he can't help it. When he was started talking about Walters, the red mist descended, he was fuming, it's like a trigger switches in him, he can't help it.
                This is absolute bolloxology defending the repeated occurrences of a fella being an arsehole because he can kick a ball well.
                Red Mist my fucking hole.

If you could somehow magically/surgically remove that from him, he would not have been the player he was, zero doubt about it in my head.
                There are plenty of other footballers who aren't complete cunts, some better and more successful than him
                It's a stupid argument. He said a ridiculously offensive thing about a guys family.
                He has said ridiculously offensive stuff before as well as intentionally hurting other players when playing and putting the health of other players at risk as a manager.

He's a cunt.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  It's a stupid argument. He said a ridiculously offensive thing about a guys family.
                  He has said ridiculously offensive stuff before as well as intentionally hurting other players when playing and putting the health of other players at risk as a manager.

He's a cunt.
                  Lao Lao seems to be arguing that he acts like a cunt but he has a personality disorder that makes his cuntishness acceptable. So not technically a cunt, although behaves like one.

Comment

I thought being a cunt was admired on bbv

You can admire attributes of a person without denying his cuntishness. Doesn't change how good he was or how box office he is.

Look at Trump a real cunt and he's also box office .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Lao Lao seems to be arguing that he acts like a cunt but he has a personality disorder that makes his cuntishness acceptable. So not technically a cunt, although behaves like one.
                      Finally, somebody gets the gist of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                        I thought being a cunt was admired on bbv

You can admire attributes of a person without denying his cuntishness. Doesn't change how good he was or how box office he is.

Look at Trump a real cunt and he's also box office .
                        opinion, size, age, shape, colour, origin, material, purpose noun

There's being a sound cunt, a funny cunt, a clever cunt, a rough cunt
                        silly old cunt, a stupid big thickheaded fucking cunt, and there's just being a cunt.
                        He's a cunt.

I don't deny he's box office but how much of that is wrapped up in a lovely soft accent being a mean bitter shit?

Comment

People care too much about what high profile people are really like.

Keane is a cunt at times, the world is full of them. The world isn't full of irishmen who were one of the greatest midfielders to play the game.

Keane is a Irish sporting legend.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

He's a cunt.
                            FWIW I wasn't defending him, just pointing out that he is probably a sociopath

Comment

Swiss at 11/10 seem a decent punt

Can someone please tell me the co-comm on Sky - its wrecking my head here

nvm finally figured it out.
                              Last edited by Dice75; 05-09-19, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Swiss at 11/10 seem a decent punt

Can someone please tell me the co-comm on Sky - its wrecking my head here
                                Sounds like Stan
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Sounds like Stan
                                  John O Shea we reckon

Comment

John O Shea we reckon
                                    Ah yes
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

We really are some luckboxes at International football sometimes. Like 0-2 or even 0-3 we couldnt complain there imo. Win-draw-draw do it? (not that im convinced we will win in Georgia btw, like i d put us at 13/10)

Comment

First time playing on stars in around 2 years.. I absolutely cannot stand the option for your opponents to cash out when you're all in?(you too, but fuck that).

Cannot play cash games where people take away the actual gamble I'm playing for ffs.

Also am slightly irked that you are paid instantly once you're in the money in a MTT. I know they are doing it so people have their money when they need it to spunk it off on another MTT.. but I always liked that big whallop of money landing in my account as soon as I busted.

Ireland were class today imo, an unpopular one no doubt.
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Even more annoyed now - only allowed to withdraw in $'s. I have a balance of €300, but when I withdraw it is only €291 that will be sent..... Done with stars.

Anyone want €300 on stars for revolut/bank transfer?

Edit: I can convert it to euro on their site and get the €300 withdrawn but if I just withdraw the dollars the rate = €291. False alarm, kinda. Nvm!
                                          Last edited by mdoug; 05-09-19, 22:02.
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Might spin a few of the smaller WCOOPS next week if u want BT.

Comment

Might spin a few of the smaller WCOOPS next week if u want BT.
                                              Yeah I can transfer whatever you want if you need it off your bank records
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Wow

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Excellent article on the US, Israel & Iran situation. The NY times 1e a week for year is great value.
                                                  Very long, tried to spoiler but too many characters, worth a read though: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/m...l-america.html

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                    Excellent article on the US, Israel & Iran situation. The NY times 1e a week for year is great value.
                                                    Very long, tried to spoiler but too many characters, worth a read though: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/m...l-america.html
                                                    The US-Iran relationship in many ways parallels that of US-China.

Many actors in the US looking to the past and talk of 'who lost China, how we lost China' in 1948 and then the same happened again in 1979. They hitched themselves to weak, authoritarian regimes and failed to notice what was stirring in the population.

Discuss.

Comment

Is there anywhere in town that sells compressed air, for cleaning a computer, or that an amazon job?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        Is there anywhere in town that sells compressed air, for cleaning a computer, or that an amazon job?
                                                        Pretty sure I've seen them in those 2 euro shops.

Comment

Not usure about Dublin, but usually they can be got in school supplies, stationary places.
                                                          sigpic
                                                          Longshotvalue.com

Comment

I honestly don't see the big deal everyone is making about the Walters comments. I don't think they were below the belt at all.

The two of them have disliked each other for years ever since Keane was his manager at Ipswich.

Keane has always said that Walters is a bluffer and full of shit.

Anyway what did he say that was below the belt.

He didn't say anything bad about the guys family. He said he is on TV crying about his family circumstances. Which he is. You can't deny it. He is on TV crying about his family circumstances.

He is doing the media circuit getting paid. And discussing his own families tragic circumstances.

Comment

The US-Iran relationship in many ways parallels that of US-China.

Many actors in the US looking to the past and talk of 'who lost China, how we lost China' in 1948 and then the same happened again in 1979. They hitched themselves to weak, authoritarian regimes and failed to notice what was stirring in the population.

Discuss.
                                                              I don't know enough about their relationships individually to draw much of a comparison.

One thing that I think sets them apart however is the complexity of the relationships that Iran has with surrounding nations and the relationships that the US has with them too.

I think that adds a level of unpredictability to the relationship that doesn't quite exist with China.

One interesting thing about the article I thought was how both the US & Israeli executive branches diverge so significantly in their goals from the Mossad/CIA. Even some more hawkish individuals seemed to suggest that the goals of Netanyahu were just ridiculous.

Comment

Lol. Something being factually correct doesn't mean it's ok to bring it up in any context.

I mean I'm a huge fan of facts and the correctness of facts. Nobody loves factual correctness more than me, except maybe Kayroo. But even I can see that mentioning it in that context was an act of supreme cuntery.
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I’m really enjoying people defending an absolute arsehole like Roy Keane because a decade or so ago he used to be good at a sport they like.

My favorite defense is the old “well if he wasn’t such a cunt he would not have played well for a team I like, therefore I shall accept all cuntishness once it suits my own ends... from 10 years ago”

I mean, if you stand back and think about this for even a second how could anyone defend this guy?
                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Nuance seems to have exited stage right when it comes to sports media, soundbites, personalities and a big investment into getting recent ex pros to give "insights" which are really just insider gossip and banter have taken over.

The type of people who have the mental strength and drive that Keane had generate negative headlines and opinions as well as positive ones , depending on where you align yourself, your team vs theirs, your favorite driver vs the rival, Federer vs Nadal, Lance vs everyone, Larry bird vs magic etc.

It's very hard to switch off that do or die antagonistic mindset even though not competing anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                      The type of people who have the mental strength and drive that Keane had generate negative headlines and opinions as well as positive ones , depending on where you align yourself, your team vs theirs, your favorite driver vs the rival, Federer vs Nadal, Lance vs everyone, Larry bird vs magic etc.
                                                                      there's one person on that list who doesn't belong...

Comment

Staying in lake como for a while, taking the train from Milan this morning, going down the steps, the cavalier king Charles dog somehow got off his short leash and trots off around the corner. Was tough getting him back as he is eating something off the ground. He is quite perturbed to be dragged back from his meal, turns around and his face, head, ears are all coated in thick gooey homeless man diarrhea, the rich colour brown of a leather sofa. Him licking his face as happy as can be, truly one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.

Comment

BoJo seems frazzled. Rambling, confused answers to questions. Those strange performances in Parliament.

Remember he's never actually had a real job before (well he was Foreign Secretary but he certainly didn't act like it). Meltdown incoming.

Comment

BoJo seems frazzled. Rambling, confused answers to questions. Those strange performances in Parliament.

Remember he's never actually had a real job before (well he was Foreign Secretary but he certainly didn't act like it). Meltdown incoming.
                                                                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

The 'dead in a ditch' comment sounded like someone who should be on suicide watch.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Can England play for the draw here? What needs to happen or are they done for?

Comment

The indignation on here is the real hilarity imo

Keannooo. He is deffo cuntish.

Comment

Avoid follow on, pray for rain

Comment

Boris and Mogg used to be a joke. They now run the country and it's not funny anymore. For tickets to see Jonathan Pie: The FAKE NEWS Tour go to https://www....

New theory: BBC is a function of the secret estate and Have I Got News For You is the weapon of choice for endearing the proles

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                        The 'dead in a ditch' comment sounded like someone who should be on suicide watch.
                                                                                        All his life, he's managed to scrape buy with a combination of bluster, wit and bullshit. Combined with a properly unprincipled, untrustworthy nature.

Now, he actually has scrutiny and vast responsibility. Not sure he's liking it.

(on a sidenote; imagine if Trump had to do PMQs)

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

New theory: BBC is a function of the secret estate and Have I Got News For You is the weapon of choice for endearing the proles
                                                                                          I shared this article about HIGNFY at work the other day, seems to have held up well given it was written in 2015:

Satire today is dominated by a narrow elite. No longer a threat to authority, it is a means for the establishment to protect itself.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            I shared this article about HIGNFY at work the other day, seems to have held up well given it was written in 2015:

https://newhumanist.org.uk/articles/...british-satire

Ta, will read later!

Must admit its not really a new theory, used to scream at TV about normalizing people like Mogg before I stopped watching such shows altogether

Comment

Getting to 298 runs is the first step (this is the follow-on target, within 200 runs of the score of the first team to bat)
                                                                                              That would mean Australia couldn't force England to bat 3rd in the game, instead Australia would have to bat 3rd. Would make Aussies job more difficult.

Bit o' rain might help as well, though apparently the next 2 days are good.

Comment

Comment

Moral of the story is for their own (and societies) sake do not send your kids to boarding school

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                    I’m really enjoying people defending an absolute arsehole like Roy Keane because a decade or so ago he used to be good at a sport they like.

My favorite defense is the old “well if he wasn’t such a cunt he would not have played well for a team I like, therefore I shall accept all cuntishness once it suits my own ends... from 10 years ago”

I mean, if you stand back and think about this for even a second how could anyone defend this guy?
                                                                                                    Must check out the vid of the interview , bet the off the ball guys were tittering along with the audience when Keane attacked Walters

Comment

All his life, he's managed to scrape buy with a combination of bluster, wit and bullshit. Combined with a properly unprincipled, untrustworthy nature.

Now, he actually has scrutiny and vast responsibility. Not sure he's liking it.

(on a sidenote; imagine if Trump had to do PMQs
                                                                                                      )
                                                                                                      The guy who regularly gives 30mins+ Q & As off the cuff by choice?

I'd say he'd do ok!

Comment

I'd say he'd do ok!
                                                                                                        Would you go and shite!

Comment

I'd say he'd do ok!
                                                                                                          Anyone can give a Q& A off the cuff if the A part is mindless rambling . I’ve hardly seen a Trump press conference when I haven’t thought ‘mudderofJaysus ‘

Perhaps that’s enough for todays generation , if that’s the case it shouldn’t be called a Q&A it should be called a Q & G . Off the cuff ? lol.

On 2nd thoughts , you got me there WP.

Comment

I'd say he'd do ok!
                                                                                                            being hammered by Pelosi on live TV?

Answer the question MR President - rambling BS

head explodes

Comment

go to 6:05, amazing
                                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-09-19, 15:06.

Comment

being hammered by Pelosi on live TV?

head explodes
                                                                                                                That's not how PMQs works!

Comment

That's not how PMQs works!
                                                                                                                  I know. Wishful thinking.

Maybe a courtroom would be the best setting for Trump. Somewhere where he's under oath.

Comment

Oh poeople already posted it whoops!

Comment

I know. Wishful thinking.

Maybe a courtroom would be the best setting for Trump. Somewhere where he's under oath.
                                                                                                                      Given how much you ramble on about politics... Is there a sure fire long odds political bet that you would put the mortgage on?
                                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                        Given how much you ramble on about politics... Is there a sure fire long odds political bet that you would put the mortgage on?
                                                                                                                        no

Comment

right, Jason Roy disappointment coming up

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X