Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or dried fenugreek, although that works best in scrambled eggs.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      I got an Uuni pizza oven. 210 quid in Homebase and it can do this...Highly recommend.
      The gas attachment is hugely recommended across the forums.

Id love to build a proper outdoor pizza oven, i cleared an area recently behind my garage and after i get a concrete slab poured will erect some type of bbq hut/shelter...maybe i can include an outdoor oven !!
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        The gas attachment is hugely recommended across the forums.

Id love to build a proper outdoor pizza oven, i cleared an area recently behind my garage and after i get a concrete slab poured will erect some type of bbq hut/shelter...maybe i can include an outdoor oven !!
        I think you're talking 1k to build a good one. Might get the gas attachment eventually but can't really see the point at the minute. Wood pellets light in no time and you just throw in a handful for each pizza.

Comment

Holiday ended a bit early due to work crap so brought missus out for dinner. Had a very decent steak with chips and onion rings and a small bit of mash and tomato and some asparagus. Was somenice garlic butter. Roadhose mushrooms too.

Who the fuck knows what order i ate them.

To pay for it i am hoping to get 150 on Sweet Nature to place top 4 in the first at Kempton tomorrow evening if they are generous enough to open at 11/8 or better
          Last edited by Dice75; 06-08-19, 22:25.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            At a stag one time,half of the party got lost out of Judge Roy Beans as it was just before mobile phones. What was left of the rabble wandered into burger king later on. One of the party orders a whopper meal and the brother who worked with the guy taps me and says watch this guy eat.
            He took 2+ bites on each of the fries and didn't touch the burger before all the fries were eaten. Gets worse when he takes his first bite of the burger and brings it back with disgust to exchange because it was cold. A special type of freak. Was on tilt after watching that.
            Haven't thought of that place in years, was there around 2003 for the last time I think

Comment

Mia home Thursday after her 3 week stint in lurgan. I said are you all excited about coming home

"can you book course C for me please for next yr" I got 🙄

Tbf following TG Lurgan on snap and obv apart from up at 7am and bed at 11 pm phones allowed for max prob 1 hour and 5 hrs of irish classes it looks mighty crack at night for the ceilis and discos

She loves it there.

She made chorus anyway of whatever vid they currently producing and also played guitar and sang alone in front of 700 kids and said she didn't feel nervous at all.

Can't wait to see her. House deffo not the same without her.

If anyone can afford or can get the chance to send their kids there do it. Fantastic independent experience.

Because I work in a busy shopping centre I'm looking at her age group being thrown out by security on a, daily basis over boredom. 3 weeks for her away learning so many life skills even down to rationing of showers, phones,, food, exercise. Tis fucking great!
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Gorging on Comedians in cars getting coffee all night. Ricky Gervais eps were v v funny.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  I think you're talking 1k to build a good one. Might get the gas attachment eventually but can't really see the point at the minute. Wood pellets light in no time and you just throw in a handful for each pizza.
                  I've been looking at building an outside kitchen with a BBQ, pizza oven, sinks and prep area under a wooden gazebo. Will be a year out two before I'm able to free up the space I want to use but the budget to do it right is looking likely to be 6-8k.

There's a lad I know who occasionally runs a course to teach people how to build a pizza oven. He does some background with the group then you buy the materials and he comes along with the class and they will build it for you.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm planning on going to Kerry for five days in late August. Any recommendations for Activities/Restaurants/Pubs etc would be most appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      I'm planning on going to Kerry for five days in late August. Any recommendations for Activities/Restaurants/Pubs etc would be most appreciated.
                      Yes..

This was amazing.

Best Bar in Killarney, Co Kerry - Celtic Whiskey Bar is a premium whiskey bar ideally located in the heart of Killarney, Co Kerry....
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        I've been looking at building an outside kitchen with a BBQ, pizza oven, sinks and prep area under a wooden gazebo. Will be a year out two before I'm able to free up the space I want to use but the budget to do it right is looking likely to be 6-8k.

There's a lad I know who occasionally runs a course to teach people how to build a pizza oven. He does some background with the group then you buy the materials and he comes along with the class and they will build it for you.
                        My head is wrecked with gazebo with roof plans, could also do a lean-to, coming off the gable of the garage but that involves flashing and stuff i havent done before. 4 posts with a roof and a few sides covered seems to be what i am leaning at.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I reckon the lads behind Brexit watched V for Vendetta one night over a few boxes of Chateau de Chenonceau but all fell asleep before the ending!

Comment

Carrauntoohil is worth the trek if that's something of interest, pretty foggy/misty the day I did it but definitely worth the walk.

Coral beach near Sneem is one of only two coral beaches in Ireland so that may be something you want to see or Reen Rua beach for some water sports too.

I'd have to defer to others on the food but if you're staying in Killarney, I'm a big fan of The Ross Hotel, a little bit different plus you have use of all the facilities of Killarney Park Hotel.

Comment

Just back from 10 days there. What part you staying in?

Comment

Only a couple of days left for entries to the Fantasy Premier League comp.

For those who have entered, a second H2H competition is open now if you want in.
                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

If you are going to Kenmare, eat in Packies Restaurant. Super. Also, get up early and take the drive down to Glengarriff. It's the nicest drive in Ireland. I couldn't believe it. I'd love to cycle it. Morning/Afternoon spent in Glengarrif would be beautiful and take in the drive again on the way back to Kenmare in the evening.

Had a beautiful Dinner in Doyle's in Dingle and Blasket Islands was a great boat trip.

Comment

Sea Cliffs near PortMagee worth a Visit. Valentia Island deserves a day as well. Skellig Chocolate Factory Shop is in a great location to break up a trip around that Iveragh Peninsula.
                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Just back from 10 days there. What part you staying in?
                                      Nothing booked yet but the time off!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                          If you are going to Kenmare, eat in Packies Restaurant. Super. Also, get up early and take the drive down to Glengarriff. It's the nicest drive in Ireland. I couldn't believe it. I'd love to cycle it. Morning/Afternoon spent in Glengarrif would be beautiful and take in the drive again on the way back to Kenmare in the evening.

Had a beautiful Dinner in Doyle's in Dingle and Blasket Islands was a great boat trip.
                                          Did the Healy pass cycle many times. Great spin

Comment

Wine buying expedition today. Wife has told me 'don't go too mad'.

I am treating this with the contempt it deserves as (a), she knows my form and (b) she will drink her fair share.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If you are on the Dingle Peninsula -

Inch or Castlegregory beaches for water sports.
                                              Tom Creans South Pole Inn in Annascaul on way in for a Guinness.
                                              Ventry beach for a quiet long beach walk, lunch in Paudi's.
                                              Slea Head drive around to Ballyferriter for the views and hidden beaches.
                                              Blasket Islands boat trip.
                                              Golf in Ceann Sibeal, Ballyferriter.
                                              Abundance of great pubs and grub in Dingle itself. Have a stroll around.
                                              Fungi boat trip from Marina if you want to do touristy stuff.
                                              Over the Conor Pass on way out if heading north after.

Plenty of hostel type accomodation in Dingle.

Couple of central places to stay you mightn't find are An Capaill Dubh & Bar na Sraide if looking for more B&B or self catering.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I am treating this with the contempt it deserves as (a), she knows my form and (b) she will drink her fair share.
                                                Sounds like she instructed you to go a bit mad

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                  Had a Seitan & Mushroom burger last weekend. It was decent.

Still, beef.
                                                  Try some more, they can be so different that they may as well be different foods.
                                                  When the impossible burger hits here I am sorted, thing is amazin.

Guy in work just did such a thing, took ages with all the building issues, half way through he developed coeliac disease and now he can't even use the pizza oven.

Comment

You should be well versed in the lingo by now but just to clear it up for you I've put that thru west of Ireland female translate for you

"Go a bit mad but bear in mind I'm gonna rip the piss out of you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                      WTf is a potato ricer
                                                      Andy, if you eat spuds, buy a potato ricer!!!

Comment

got my email about euro 2020
                                                        applied for about 20 games, got 0 tickets in the lottery
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          Same

Comment

Nothing for the Ireland games in our multiple applications, but I randomly binked a €30 ticket for a Bucharest game on the first Sunday.
                                                            If they both qualify there's a 1 in 6 chance it could be Romania v Netherlands which wouldn't be too bad. Will probably go anyway as seems cheap enough to get there, ditto accommodation. See another city.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                              Did the Healy pass cycle many times. Great spin
                                                              If you want something (a lot) easier, a cycle around Slea Head will take about three hours and on a sunny day is glorious. I did it twice in the last few weeks and it's very hard to beat.

Dingle is a lot more craic than Killarney in my opinion, for what it's worth.

Comment

Be aware the Rose of Tralee festival is probably on around your time off, so may find it hard to find cheap accommodation.
                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I'm also just back from a few days in Kerry - stayed in Cahirciveen, visiting Valentia Island where my Dad grew up. Lots of relatives around, many decamp to Valentia each year for the entire summer. Magical place. Great food in O'Neills on the Pier across from Knightstown, Valentia. Caherciveen was absolutely hopping with some festival.

Pity it is so fecking far away though!

Comment

Would avoid Killarney. It's just a tourist trap now. More to see and do around the county and better pubs and restaurants in the likes of Dingle, Waterville or Kenmare.

Avoid Tralee and North Kerry in general cos it's a kip. West is best.

Comment

Derrynane Beach down at Caherdaniel is prettyy nice if you get the weather

I've resorted to just lying about what I buy, stash it away and she generally doesn't notice.

Although I did get caught last week. I said I was buying a few bottles of the wedding wine, one or two for us to drink on our first anniversary and to give her Dad a couple of bottles as he wasn't drinking much at the wedding.

Went to give her Dad his wine and she intercepted it and through a frenzied 5 minute inquisition, she discovered that I bought a dozen of the red from the night before and a dozen of the red from the wedding day. Apparenrtly 24 bottles cannot be considered a few - Who'd a thunk it?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                        If you want something (a lot) easier, a cycle around Slea Head will take about three hours and on a sunny day is glorious. I did it twice in the last few weeks and it's very hard to beat.

Dingle is a lot more craic than Killarney in my opinion, for what it's worth.
                                                                        Fully packed paniers on the back. Tis not that difficult . Come up the Glengarrif side . The windey route then descend kenmare side . Its highly enjoyable . Just you , your breath , and the wheels turning . Damn . Wanna go back now . Pesky kids

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          I got 3 tickets for each of the Dublin group games. Two category 1 and the third a category 2. The bill is an eye watering €1485.

I might be have one of them to spare for each game. I'll throw it up here if I do. €495 for the three of them. Would be guaranteed two Ireland games should we qualify.

Comment

Got 4 tickets for the 1st Dublin game, cat 1 so 185 a pop, who needs touts. Had applied for cheap tix for the rest but reckoned I needed a cat 1 in there 2 for better odds
                                                                            Any guarantee if we do qualify that that will be one of our games? Assume you can resell on portal at a later date if we don’t qualify ?

Comment

Kenmare is the Dub containment zone in Kerry.
                                                                              Dingle with a combo blaskets /whale watching tour is a solid one(bonus cruise past haugheys island to admire the sheer neck)
                                                                              If you get good weather,Drive over Conor pass and climb Mt Brandon from cloghane , afterwards drive to Brandon for pints in Murphy’s on the pier
                                                                              Lock your car doors and don’t make eye contact while driving through tralee
                                                                              Killarney-Avoid
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 07-08-19, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                Case in point. Weirdo. Besides the last bite having to be the burger, you eat the filler first, the chips, then you savor the burger...down to the last bite.
                                                                                Offering up my business idea here as I’m never getting around to it, machine washable fake salad for resteraunts to serve with steak and burgers , I never eat it,neither do most guys would save the, awful waste of food and money . I’ll take 20% juice

Comment

Inspired by Andy’s plate meme the other day
                                                                                  My last word on illegal streaming

[IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]

Comment

Doubling down....

Comment

Any of you able to translate this fella for the Americans? At 11.10

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        Any guarantee if we do qualify that that will be one of our games? Assume you can resell on portal at a later date if we don’t qualify ?
                                                                                        No guarantees, but its a 5 in 6 chance that Ireland will be in that game if we qualify. You'd have to be really unlucky to bink a bad 1 in 6.
                                                                                        (50/50 chance we win the coin toss to have 3 games at home rather than 2, and even if we lose that coin toss you still are 2 of 3 to be lucky)

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        Assume you can resell on portal at a later date if we don’t qualify ?
                                                                                        You could, though depending on the game it might be tricky. If it was something like Greece v Slovenia then presumably there won't be much demand for €185 tickets from travelling fans or Irish fans. And UEFA will doubtless have the portal organised in such a way that anyone who does buy at €185 will be buying from surplus UEFA stock before returns are used up.

Comment

Anyone seen the film Under the silver lake?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                            Anyone seen the film Under the silver lake?
                                                                                            Stumbled across it and really liked it. Wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. Kind of a cross between Inherent Vice and Ingrid Goes West. Didn't really go anywhere but was a fun ride.
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Dominic Cummings blog is quite the read. https://dominiccummings.com/2014/10/...l-dysfunction/

Comment

18 hours left to register for the fantasy football league.

Like lording it over your mates? We have your poison, triumph over 38 weeks of acrimony and self doubt and come out on top for the grand prize.

Like the idea of winning something even if you're not that good? We've got you covered, money back for topping the table for just 1 month in the season, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Revel in getting one over on someone else? Our Head to Head league is the one for you, every week you get a chance to prove your superiority over someone new. Egotism bottled.

Are you the forgetful type? A bit lazy maybe? Have no fear, our Oneshot challenge was designed especially for you. Pick 15 players at the start of the comp and you're done for the season! Sure if you get ambitious or a spurt of energy you could change captain or formation at some point, but if you don't you can rest safe in the knowledge that the rest of the teams are static too and piloted by people just as...economic with their movement and thoughts...as you are.

Whatever your preference we're your Huckleberries
                                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Dominic Cummings blog is quite the read. https://dominiccummings.com/2014/10/...l-dysfunction/
                                                                                                  That's scary...like highly-functioning loopy scary.

And he's the guy telling BoJo what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    No guarantees, but its a 5 in 6 chance that Ireland will be in that game if we qualify. You'd have to be really unlucky to bink a bad 1 in 6.
                                                                                                    (50/50 chance we win the coin toss to have 3 games at home rather than 2, and even if we lose that coin toss you still are 2 of 3 to be lucky)

You could, though depending on the game it might be tricky. If it was something like Greece v Slovenia then presumably there won't be much demand for €185 tickets from travelling fans or Irish fans. And UEFA will doubtless have the portal organised in such a way that anyone who does buy at €185 will be buying from surplus UEFA stock before returns are used up.
                                                                                                    Gonna take them anyway fomo risk if we get through is too great.
                                                                                                    Even if ends up being a dud game would prob be able to sell at a loss on Toutless right. The whole person whose name is on ticket thing is never checked surely.
                                                                                                    Not sure why those tickets are worth 135 quid more than Cat C really, I like sitting behind the goals

Comment

David Cameron called him "a career psychopath".

Comment

Have you any idea which way the next 10 weeks will play out or are you done making predictions?

Comment

I expect a fair number of IPB regs would be gun owners if they were from the US and lived there long term.
                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

To be fair this I'm finding this a really enjoyable read.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              I was ATN at the weekend and there was a light installation on a tree that looked just like small circles straight on, but if you looked at the lights and turned your head you could read a message. Never seen anything like it. Anyone come across it before? Would be interested in reading about how it works.

Comment

Found the original video of Sham in Killarney

Follow Colm on Instagram: @colmflynnireSham is a local legend in his hometown of Killarney in Ireland. Colm Flynn from Ireland's TODAY Show was visiting the ...
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                  To be fair this I'm finding this a really enjoyable read.
                                                                                                                  There's a fair oul' stench of Rasputin off him tbf

Comment

He's obviously very smart and has come across some huge inefficiencies in the Civil Service, but the conclusions he ends up drawing are the work of a madman. The logical conclusion of all his thinking is a benevolent dictator.

Comment

He's obviously very smart and has come across some huge inefficiencies in the Civil Service, but the conclusions he ends up drawing are the work of a madman. The logical conclusion of all his thinking is a benevolent dictator.
                                                                                                                      I haven't got to the conclusion. But I have a soft spot for technocrats and respect for people who don't delude themselves about complexity. Making no judgements on his character or conclusions yet, and I only head about him for the first time when Johnson got elected (I'm emerging from years of news exile).

Comment

Have you any idea which way the next 10 weeks will play out or are you done making predictions?
                                                                                                                        Not knowing never stopped me before.

So what do we know (or think we know)?

The EU won't reopen the WA. They have been very consistent on this - which is obviously hugely reassuring for us. We are not getting busunderchucked.
                                                                                                                        They have always been happy to tweak the political declaration.
                                                                                                                        Van der Leyen and Michel have been fairly muted thus far but anything they have said has been following the previous line.
                                                                                                                        The EU is united and on-message.

The UK is in a very strange place. Even stranger than when May was cluelessly blundering about. BoJo has assembled a collection of libertarians and Thatcherites who are making very aggressive, uncompromising noises. With of course no plan to back them up.

It's looking like one rational actor and one out of control. The movement needs to be on the UK side but what will it be? Can parliament block no-deal?

I have no fucking idea what will happen next but I can't see anything barring further humiliation for the UK.

Comment

Yeah, and someone as highly strung as that is liable to go completely off the deep end when placed under extreme pressure.

It's hardly an original observation to note that public institutions work in a highly inefficient manner! Or that they tend to attract time-serving wasters. Duh. Doing something about same is the real challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X