Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Some kind of minimum level hydration test could be part of the weigh in process leading up to the weigh in itself!?
    Yeah that seems like a idea, perhaps it's just me but I never noticed the cuts quite as dramatic in boxing as I have in MMA.
    I know Hatton cut alot but he was fat where someone like McGregor walks around in good shape but he has looked emaciated before fights.

I remember reading something before around boxer longevity and the boxers who have the longest careers -Mayweather was the example- are those who walk around close to their fighting weight.

As Tar said, disaster waiting to happen, someone dying at the top level is not beyond the scope at all.

Comment

OK, let's do this England.

This would be a good toss to win Eoin.

And loses. Replay of Thursday pls.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It's a great little country when you know how to run it

Former Miss Ireland and TV Star Pamela Flood and husband Ronan Ryan can walk away without paying a penny of the €1.2 million debt they owe against the plush North Dublin home they have lived in rent free for the past nine years.

How much would 9 years rent on an 800k house be , 300k ish?
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          OK, let's do this England.

This would be a good toss to win Eoin.
          75% of games have gone with the toss... could make for a more interesting day if he loses it
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Former Miss Ireland and TV Star Pamela Flood and husband Ronan Ryan can walk away without paying a penny of the €1.2 million debt they owe against the plush North Dublin home they have lived in rent free for the past nine years.

Was in my home town for the weekend and bumped into an old class mate. He is a traveler homeless an alcoholic and in and out of prison especially when it’s winter. In school he was very intelligent but left after 6 tu class for what looks like a life of misery begging for the price of a few cans. The barrister who used to represent these chancers was also a class mate we sat beside each other in quite a few classes in first year both having O in our surnames. Eoin o shea always a bit odd but very clever and driven. Kayroo probably knows him. Just the gap in how lives worked out got me thinking. These chancers should be turfed out or nice to Leitrim where they can get jobs or the hap scheme and pay there way. I’d cheap rent before I got married but 9 years worth would have still been a nice wedge.

Comment

75% of games have gone with the toss... could make for a more interesting day if he loses it
              Cloudy and humid apparently.

Going to watch the game on C4 and listen to Guerilla Cricket. Only problem is when Fedddddddd! plays later.

COME ON ENGLAND. Nice to see Morgan unenthusiastically mouthing God Save the Queen.

Comment

Dice will love this:

Judge Jacqueline Linnane was also told in the Circuit Civil Court Friday that they will not even have to pay the huge legal costs bill two banks have run up in trying to re-possess their family home at 136 Mount Prospect Avenue, in leafy Clontarf, Dublin 3.

Comment

Unlike the scummy cheating bogan Aussies, I can feel no reason to hate the Kiwi cricket team. I've only been in NZ once, back in 2000 for a couple of months and found it a very pleasant place.

Need hatred reasons, please supply.

NZ opener gonzo!! And they've reviewed successfully!!

Jaybers. Too much for a Sunday morning.

Comment

I see Eoin Morgan is one of those freaks who bats left-handed and throws right.

Comment

Unlike the scummy cheating bogan Aussies, I can feel no reason to hate the Kiwi cricket team. I've only been in NZ once, back in 2000 for a couple of months and found it a very pleasant place.

Need hatred reasons, please supply.

NZ opener gonzo!! And they've reviewed successfully!!

Jaybers. Too much for a Sunday morning.
                      Englands thuggish ginger lad is from there.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

At least double that surely

SPOILER
                        Its says it leafy

Comment

Dice will love this:
                          Lol sorry hadnt read that far. Can you confirm leafyness of Clontarf please....surely the wind coming in off the sea in winter sweeps them away so only 50% on the leafy scale.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            Englands thuggish ginger lad is from there.
                            Ah he was defending some dude from homophobic abuse when he drunkenly beat up that guy.

Allegedly.

Another bowl right\bat left freak too. Very bizarre. I have a child who is genuinely ambidextruous, clearly possessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                              Yeah that seems like a idea, perhaps it's just me but I never noticed the cuts quite as dramatic in boxing as I have in MMA.
                              I know Hatton cut alot but he was fat where someone like McGregor walks around in good shape but he has looked emaciated before fights.

I remember reading something before around boxer longevity and the boxers who have the longest careers -Mayweather was the example- are those who walk around close to their fighting weight.

As Tar said, disaster waiting to happen, someone dying at the top level is not beyond the scope at all.
                              Less weight difference between divisions in boxing

Comment

Ah he was defending some dude from homophobic abuse when he drunkenly beat up that guy.

Allegedly.
                                Ah he's generally overly aggro and dislikeable regardless.

Good start from NZ against the world XI.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Lol sorry hadnt read that far. Can you confirm leafyness of Clontarf please....surely the wind coming in off the sea in winter sweeps them away so only 50% on the leafy scale.
                                  Exceedingly leafy. Like walking down the average pavement you're constantly being accosted by trees with low-hanging foliage.

Prevailing wind is from the south-west.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    Ah he's generally overly aggro and dislikeable regardless.

Good start from NZ against the world XI.
                                    Yeah, Archer and Woakes not half as scary as Thursday.

They should try to avoid getting Nicholls out. Literally hasn't timed one yet.

Boom! Guptil LBW!!

Comment

Awful waste of a review there too by NZ. That can come back to haunt you.

Now the main man. Get him early and England stroll this.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            I obv haven't answered. But Netflix is playing so she knows I'm in here.
                                            Answer the door starkers

Then let us know how it went.

Comment

By the way, I'd 100% recommend a day out at Lords. Completely different to any other stadium experience you can have. The word ramshackle is probably appropriate.

You can bring in one bottle of wine per person. When that's drunk, simply exit the ground for 5 mins and get another. If you get a good relay going with your fellow spectators, you can have a constant supply of nicely chilled white on tap. With cheese of course.

Comment

Comment

A nice article in the UK ST today. Hitch in particular will enjoy it as China roars forward in becoming a democracy...

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

How do you recycle that glass though Raoul?
                                                    Good question. I can't remember.

Suspect we just left them under the seats.

Pretty sure they must have glass bins though. There are plenty of bars in the ground so if you wanted to be green, I'm sure you could.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                        No idea of the solution but something like out of competition weigh ins seems like a decent enough idea but hard to see people being on board.
                                                        The problem with out of comp weigh-ins is that fighter will naturally get leaner and lighter over the course of a fight camp. So it’s very hard to pinpoint a fair time to weigh people. Unless it’s a series of weigh-ins, but that’s very hard to manage outside of the highest level.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                        Seems like a solvable problem that's just waiting for a disaster to happen right now.
                                                        I don’t think it’s actually as solvable as it appears tbh.
                                                        I’d really like to see the end of it. But I don’t know how to change the rules tondo so, safely.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-07-19, 10:42.

Comment

That woman who couldn't stand at her weigh in had her fight stopped after 16 seconds and lost. Not sure about the stoppage, think the ref was under pressure and felt he had to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                              The problem with out of comp weigh-ins is that fighter will naturally get leaner and lighter over the course of a fight camp. So it’s very hard to pinpoint a fair time to weigh people. Unless it’s a series of weigh-ins, but that’s very hard to manage outside of the highest level.

I don’t think it’s actually as solvable as it appears tbh.
                                                              I’d really like to see the end of it. But I don’t know how to change the rules tondo so, safely.
                                                              People crying about the rigors of making weight for a fight. I find the fights more repulsive women choking elbowing kneeing am often prone opponent into submission. The men’s is not much better but call me sexist I find the women’s gross.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                That woman who couldn't stand at her weigh in had her fight stopped after 16 seconds and lost. Not sure about the stoppage, think the ref was under pressure and felt he had to stop it.

Well she looks fucked after getting a good clatter. Didn’t look like she was able to defend herself abortion of a sport.

Comment

Hmmm

China is a country made up of about 50 nations, so there will be conflict.

Like India.

So which of those two do you think is actually better protecting their people by growing opportunities and bringing people out of poverty?

When you're coming from absolute poverty that's what matters.

(I don't think this is whataboutery btw. Both countries former communist, with similar populations, and trajectories, and with reasonably the same opportunities to succeed.)
                                                                  Eh?

India was never communist.
                                                                  The ruling (and only) party in the Chinese dictatorship is the Chinese Communist Party.

Why do you have such a love of dictatorships?

Comment

Mark Wood coming on to bowl with his imaginary horse.

NZ making batting look hard work here.

Comment

Comment

Like glass is just sand which I'd guess goes back to its native form at some point. While plastic is just there forever.
                                                                        It might return to sand eventually. But creating new glass to replace that bottle is energy intensive. It’s more efficient to turn old/broken glass into your next wine bottle.

Is the old lady still there?

Comment

Comment

Comment

What? India was communist for all intents and purposes with the alliance with USSR

I don't feel that China is Communist in any way, except for the name of their party. They have a good political system for the size of their country and how quickly they need to move.

If given a choice to be born in China or India, every single sane person would choose China. That's the key thing. Their system works for them. Democracy works for rich countries. Technocracy works for poorer countries.
                                                                              India is far from perfect the caste system dire poverty but not much chance of your own government running you over in a tank or harvesting your organs while you are alive. With such a big population the chances of it happening are slim I suppose.

Comment

What? India was communist for all intents and purposes with the alliance with USSR
                                                                                Please identify every Indian national government led by a Communist.
                                                                                It will take approximately 1 second to type nothing.

You are, as is frequently the case, totally wrong here.
                                                                                I don't feel that China is Communist in any way, except for the name of their party. They have a good political system for the size of their country and how quickly they need to move.
                                                                                Maybe have more wine. And think about repressive totalitarian regimes with massive military and security regimes, zero regard for human rights and a vast degree of centralised planning and control. With the name 'communist' in the ruling parties name as a final subtle hint.

Comment

Hmmm

China is a country made up of about 50 nations, so there will be conflict.

Like India.

So which of those two do you think is actually better protecting their people by growing opportunities and bringing people out of poverty?

When you're coming from absolute poverty that's what matters.

(I don't think this is whataboutery btw. Both countries former communist, with similar populations, and trajectories, and with reasonably the same opportunities to succeed.)
                                                                                  Which one of them harvests organs from prisoners?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                      People crying about the rigors of making weight for a fight. I find the fights more repulsive women choking elbowing kneeing am often prone opponent into submission. The men’s is not much better but call me sexist I find the women’s gross.
                                                                                      Your entitled to your opinion. And I genuinely understand why somebody wouldn’t want to see women fighting. But that’s their sporting choice. It’s very hard, I’d even say impossible, to justify that opinion in a way that isn’t sexist. As you identified yourself.

Personally I think the talent pool in the women’s divisions is shallow. The fighters at the top are phenomenal. But some of the others making up numbers aren’t good enough.

Comment

Been drinking way too much for the last week as the wife and kids are away
                                                                                        In fairness to Hitch, he did qualify his drivel on China and India in advance.

Comment

See here's the issue - Tiananmen happened once to hundreds of people. India kills millions of people each year through starvation due to not being as well run as China.
                                                                                          Oh dear.

Never heard of the Great Chinese Famine? Man-made by the Communists, tens of millions dead.

Guess that's not surprising. Who needs facts when you can just make shit up?

Comment

Wood bowling at frightening pace now.

94mph is fucking quick.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                In fairness to Hitch, he did qualify his drivel on China and India in advance.
                                                                                                Any discussion with Hitch that involves even basic historical knowledge is always going to be horribly one-sided.

Comment

...

Comment

And yet I also feel strongly that my point is correct.
                                                                                                    That just makes it all the more laughable.

Still waiting for that list of Indian Communist national governments....

Comment

...

Comment

You should read 1984 hitch. If the China model was so attractive the people of HK might not be so averse to the idea.

Comment

Umpire Kumar having a mare.

Huge wicket.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

BOOM! Williamson gone!

278 would make it a decent game.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

ireland france in semi finals of olympic qualifiers, basically need to win 1 of the next 2 games to keep the dream alive, win 2 and they qualify straight away, finish 2nd or 3rd and then go into repochage for another shot to qualify

Comment

also going to ask a stupid question, why is there a big pile of sand on the field in the cricket, can be seen in background in some of the standing shots

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                      Which one of them harvests organs from prisoners?
                                                                                                                      Sounds a bit like something Peter Casey could campaign on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                                        also going to ask a stupid question, why is there a big pile of sand on the field in the cricket, can be seen in background in some of the standing shots
                                                                                                                        Our former cricket captain might correct me but I'm gonna say it's for the bowlers run ups in case it rains

Comment

Missed first 100 mins of game, English happy with current score?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X