Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
      You Up?

How is the betting going ?
      My exchange account/whole account is no longer functionable.

They emailed me saying they need to take an extra level of due diligence surrounding my account and requested that I provide sources of funding to support my level of gambling. I sent in what they asked but they are not allowing me to gamble anymore, sad sad times.
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

^ Think it's standard for any account after 30k loses now. Pretty big blow for industry that such restrictions are being clamped down on.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Good BoJo story, haven't seen it posted here yet.

Weekly magazine featuring the best British journalists, authors, critics and cartoonists, since 1828

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              oh wow - they've actually implemented that? Thats a huge move. That's even for Irish people who presumably aren't protected by UK laws?
              Lot more to it than that, mga, ukgc have plenty of procedures in place to try to make sure there is no more paddy power postman incidents. Betfair would probably start asking source of wealth, source of funds questions if you deposit 3k in a week.

Comment

oh wow - they've actually implemented that? Thats a huge move. That's even for Irish people who presumably aren't protected by UK laws?
                Yeah not certain of the precise amounts but risk and compliance laws getting fairly stringent. Think the customer definitely gets a call and warning after 30k loses and then maybe has to prove funds after further loses. All part of tackling addiction, basically if a customer can't prove they earn enough to justify the loses they're seen as a problem gambler, which is fair enough I guess but a lot of companies rely on those types so will be interesting to see how much of an effect it will have.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Sky Sports Mix has the Morgan innings starting right now
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So two of the fastest WC hundreds ever have been scored by Irishmen. Nice little stat.

Comment

How does it taste - honestly - compared to the original Teddys?
                      Didn't go yet, made with oat milk so quite hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                        Tell us more things.

About stuff.
                        You're word for the day is an adjective : unfuckwithable

Definition when you're truly at peace with yourself and nothing anyone says or does bothers you and no negativity or drama can touch you.

Common usage " will ya look at the big happy head on limpwhacker he's not unfuckwithable just yet but he's getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Yeah not certain of the precise amounts but risk and compliance laws getting fairly stringent. Think the customer definitely gets a call and warning after 30k loses and then maybe has to prove funds after further loses. All part of tackling addiction, basically if a customer can't prove they earn enough to justify the loses they're seen as a problem gambler, which is fair enough I guess but a lot of companies rely on those types so will be interesting to see how much of an effect it will have.
                          "Rely on those types" or feed like hungry vultures on the carcasses that are left of those unfortunate sentient beings ???

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                            "Rely on those types" or feed like hungry vultures on the carcasses that are left of those unfortunate sentient beings ???
                            I still sometimes think about that postal worker who punted €10m with PP, losing 2, and had Paddy himself ring him up to arrange bets when the site was down.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                              Didn't go yet, made with oat milk so quite hopeful.
                              Had oat milk in a few coffees, didn't be think it worked as took away from the flavor but could see it working elsewhere

Comment

It's definitely a very good thing imo. A large part of the role for traders on a day to day basis is surreptitiously
                                adjusting punters max bet so although it wont curb it for most, at least some type of ceiling is placed.

I suspect firms have little interest in the UK & Ireland market at present anyway.
                                Deregulation well under way in the US so it wont be long before Flutter Entertainment and others have their focus firmly directed there as NBA and alike are onboard with it.
                                Many envisage the next salary cap spikes will coincide with the deregulation.

Comment

Unfuckwithable day

Limpwhacker and the happy Buddha on an unfuckwithable day.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

You're word for the day is an adjective : unfuckwithable

Definition when you're truly at peace with yourself and nothing anyone says or does bothers you and no negativity or drama can touch you.

Common usage " will ya look at the big happy head on limpwhacker he's not unfuckwithable just yet but he's getting there.
                                    Your word for the day is You're

Definition : You are.

Common usage ''You're spelling your wrong''

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      I still sometimes think about that postal worker who punted €10m with PP, losing 2, and had Paddy himself ring him up to arrange bets when the site was down.
                                      There's hundreds and hundreds or probably thousands like him out there ffs. He's not the only one trust me. I personally know at least 30/40 who did/do/are doing what he did. I robbed a bank for the first time when I was 15 ish

Comment

There's hundreds and hundreds or probably thousands like him out there ffs. He's not the only one trust me. I personally know at least 30/40 who did/do/are doing what he did. I robbed a bank for the first time when I was 15 ish
                                        What was your bank robbery preferred technique?

I'm hoping for the gang from Point Break type deets here.

Comment

^ Think it's standard for any account after 30k loses now. Pretty big blow for industry that such restrictions are being clamped down on.
                                          If that was the case they would have got in touch when I lost 35k in a day a few months back.

You're trying to stick the needle in when I have absolutely no problem admitting I'm a degenerate gambler, but get your facts right when you're trying to be a knowitall.
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                            Many envisage the next salary cap spikes will coincide with the deregulation.
                                            What salary cap spikes is that?
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                              If that was the case they would have got in touch when I lost 35k in a day a few months back.

You're trying to stick the needle in when I have absolutely no problem admitting I'm a degenerate gambler, but get your facts right when you're trying to be a knowitall.
                                              If you have no problem with the word degenerate then you need to find a new word

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                  Had oat milk in a few coffees, didn't be think it worked as took away from the flavor but could see it working elsewhere
                                                  For me: califia farms almond milk(rest are meh)>cashew>oat>soy>the rest.
                                                  Only the unsweetened ones, sugary ones are muck. Mother drinks oat milk now, few years ago she wouldn't even try non-dairy milk. So a big move especially us from a dairy farming background.
                                                  Can buy califia farms in dunnes or try in Clement and Pekoe. Also their espresso and mocha almond drinks are class.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    What salary cap spikes is that?
                                                    Under the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement players are entitled to a certain proportion of the NBA's basketball related income.
                                                    Increased revenue caused the cap to increase substantially after 2015-16 season from 70m past the 89m projection to 94m for 2016-17. Based on those numbers alot of teams "overpaid" players based on that salary cap of that year envisaging that the cap would continue to rise as NBA franchises value & NBA revenue grew.

However that has slowed down far more than expected to 101m this season to a projected 109m next year and approx 116m in 2020-21.

The reports I've read so far is that they suspect the 0.25% the NBA has demanded from gaming revenue will cause the next substantial jump. They expect revenue of between 6.5b-9b early doors.

Comment

For me: califia farms almond milk(rest are meh)>cashew>oat>soy>the rest.
                                                      Only the unsweetened ones, sugary ones are muck. Mother drinks oat milk now, few years ago she wouldn't even try non-dairy milk. So a big move especially us from a dairy farming background.
                                                      Can buy califia farms in dunnes or try in Clement and Pekoe. Also their espresso and mocha almond drinks are class.
                                                      Aaah but almond milk is killing the planet, takes way too much water to produce

Comment

Aaah but almond milk is killing the planet, takes way too much water to produce
                                                        10 percent of the water in california makes 80% of the worlds almonds, there is more used on livestock there alone than on the worldwide supply of almonds haha!
                                                        Next up i can talk about the different types of water used, green etc
                                                        Livestock accounts for 27% of global freshwater consumption, almonds like a fraction of a percent.
                                                        SCIENCE BITCHES

but yeah the other ones are better than almond, plus I should compare milk to almond milk to be fair:

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-06-19, 22:20.

Comment

Very simple and opportunistic. I lived over the bank. It was before cctv. I went home from school for lunch . If all the staff were out to lunch which often happened I helped myself. Two years undetected until a failed suicide attempt let the cat out of the bag.

Comment

What was your bank robbery preferred technique?

I'm hoping for the gang from Point Break type deets here.
                                                            Sorry nothing so exciting. See above.

Comment

10 percent of the water in california makes 80% of the worlds almonds, there is more used on livestock there alone than on the worldwide supply of almonds haha!
                                                              Next up i can talk about the different types of water used, green etc
                                                              Livestock accounts for 27% of global freshwater consumption, almonds like a fraction of a percent.
                                                              SCIENCE BITCHES

but yeah the other ones are better than almond, plus I should compare milk to almond milk to be fair:

Never said it was worse than animals or anything else just said it is killing the planet cause it takes too much water to make

If I'm cutting out bad shit I'm not gonna replace it with bad shit if I can help it
                                                              Last edited by Guest; 18-06-19, 22:26.

Comment

I agree, my man! I'm just fucking hyper!

Comment

Comment

Kinda depends on whether Martians get the concept of the front runner having absolutely no need to say or do anything 'stand-out' in these debates.

Bit rude (maybe even a bit spacist) of Andrew Neil to assume the Martians wouldn't understand this.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                      I'd like to know HOW these 2 boys could do such a thing ? What flags were there ?
                                                                      The sad reality is that some people are just fucked up. It's, thankfully, very rare. But I'm sure we can all think of high profile cases with boys of a similar age.

Comment

...Nice bit of property if you need some down time, fancy owning your own island for 75k?..

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                          ...Nice bit of property if you need some down time, fancy owning your own island for 75k?..
                                                                          https://m.myhome.ie/residential/broc...onegal/4342295
                                                                          Pfft, excludes the lighthouse.

Comment

If Vegans are so against the food we eat, why do they want that tripe they are eating to look exactly like the regular stuff, the burgers look the same, now even the 99 cones look the same. Lunatics

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                              If Vegans are so against the food we eat, why do they want that tripe they are eating to look exactly like the regular stuff, the burgers look the same, now even the 99 cones look the same. Lunatics
                                                                              Generalising, but Vegans are against animals being harmed.
                                                                              They're aren't agaisnst the look/taste of burgers and ice-cream.

Kinda baffled that you thought that was relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                Your word for the day is You're

Definition : You are.

Common usage ''You're spelling your wrong''
                                                                                I’m considering suing you for copyright infringement over this post.
                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Ugh. Purchaser of old house now seems inclined to drop out of the sale at very last minute. Cold feet.

This is why women shouldn't be allowed make major financial decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                    I feared seeing the notification of Kayroo quoting me.

Only in case I spelled something wrong. See you're in court m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                      Generalising, but Vegans are against furry animals that they can anthropomorphise being harmed.
                                                                                      FYP IMO
                                                                                      The environmental harms and human suffering consequent to flying quinoa and avocados to every hipster cafe in Europe are ignored in favour of making themselves ill stressing about the doe eyed and carbon neutral baby calves being taken from their mammies
                                                                                      Pesticides are a subject that must not be broached with vegans in case they follow their nieve principals to their logical conclusions and starve to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                        Guy in college had a similar theory about lesbians and vibrators/dicks.

He was deadly serious about it and couldn’t get his head round the fact that it wasn’t the design of the penis not working for lesbians that was the problem but the men attached to them.

Was one of the weirdest logic gaps I have come across.

Comment

Ugh. Purchaser of old house now seems inclined to drop out of the sale at very last minute. Cold feet.

Do you get to keep the deposit ?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

He was deadly serious about it and couldn’t get his head round the fact that it wasn’t the design of the penis not working for lesbians that was the problem but the men attached to them.

I'd like a venn diagram with "when is international men's day" and "why is there no straight pride day" sorts.
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                              Honestly, how many times did you read that to check for typos?

Comment

Only if it’s after the contract is signed I believe, rather than just sale agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  I'd like a venn diagram with "when is international men's day" and "why is there no straight pride day" sorts.
                                                                                                  How could you take pride in being straight? When women are a pain in the hole

"I'm proud of the fact I have to listen to shite talk about shite celebraty TV and carry shopping bags around tacky clothes shops on my day off" day

Actually... Maybe we do need an international men's day after all

Comment

I don't know.

Assume Goodluckforme is correct though. She has been faffing about for last 4 weeks. Got 2 surveyors in. An engineer. Loads of queries which we answered fully.

And now she's demanding 1500 off because of an alleged 'leak' that none of these professionals could find.

Thing is I suspect if we sighed and said OK, she would be back again with more BS. Might be time for the EA to earn his money.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 19-06-19, 10:53.

Comment

The same happened us last year. Buyer dropped out relatively late in the process and then came back in 2 weeks later offering less.
                                                                                                      We just took the house down for the moment given we then had some competition in the area but they're all sold now so it'll be back up within the next 12 months.

Houses are a painfully long process, the new house was a far easier process but still not without its headaches.

Hopefully you can salvage it.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                        The same happened us last year. Buyer dropped out relatively late in the process and then came back in 2 weeks later offering less.
                                                                                                        We just took the house down for the moment given we then had some competition in the area but they're all sold now so it'll be back up within the next 12 months.

Houses are a painfully long process, the new house was a far easier process but still not without its headaches.

Hopefully you can salvage it.
                                                                                                        She was actually the underbidder.

The overbidder was based abroad and couldn't demonstrate their finances in full. Whereas this wan is Irish with rock solid finances. And was, we were led to believe, eager to close.

Pain in the bollix. House would literally sell in seconds (show condition, 5 mins walk to village and DART).

Comment

FYP IMO
                                                                                                          The environmental harms and human suffering consequent to flying quinoa and avocados to every hipster cafe in Europe are ignored in favour of making themselves ill stressing about the doe eyed and carbon neutral baby calves being taken from their mammies
                                                                                                          Pesticides are a subject that must not be broached with vegans in case they follow their nieve principals to their logical conclusions and starve to death.
                                                                                                          I don't particularly like the taste of meat anymore unless it's really good and considering veg/vegan and I pretty much agree with what you just said

Don't really eat dairy either so it would vegan-ish by default

*Prefer the term "plant based whole food" as it excludes the heavily processed, sugar filled, expensive stuff with vegan on the label

Problem is I don't eat wheat or soy(fucking poison unless organic and even then taste shit)

So wipes a lot out, seitan the new vegan meat substitute for hotdogs etc is made of wheat gluten ffs so when you get a vegan hotdog you basically eating a ketchup and onion sandwich

I might starve just thru lack of options
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 19-06-19, 11:22. Reason: *

Comment

FYP IMO
                                                                                                            Not really relevant but I'm gonna use this post as an excuse to complain about environmentalists focusing on irrelevant but publicly obvious straws rather than things like discarded fishing nets in the sea. I'll take the green movement seriously when they're marching for more nuclear rather than looking for more wind to strain the grid.

Comment

She was actually the underbidder.

The overbidder was based abroad and couldn't demonstrate their finances in full. Whereas this wan is Irish with rock solid finances. And was, we were led to believe, eager to close.

Pain in the bollix. House would literally sell in seconds (show condition, 5 mins walk to village and DART).
                                                                                                              The tiny fall in Dublin house prices causing her jitters? Maybe commission Brendan O'Connor to pen a piece about the ballsy women who are out buying houses.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Not really relevant but I'm gonna use this post as an excuse to complain about environmentalists focusing on irrelevant but publicly obvious straws rather than things like discarded fishing nets in the sea. I'll take the green movement seriously when they're marching for more nuclear rather than looking for more wind to strain the grid.
                                                                                                                You can also tell them they shouldn't eat most fruit, fairtrade chocolate or drink tea/coffee if they are truly serious

Comment

Being well meaning but illogical and impractical is a dangerous combination.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    first impressions?
                                                                                                                    I need to move one from my OnePlus 3T (though it's noticeably improved post PIE upgrade) and debating whether to go with 6T, Pixel or P30
                                                                                                                    Seems a lot light than my moto...g I think it was? Looks a lot better too. Gonna go get a sim card and see what the inside is like. Slight annoyance at the realisation that I've moved all my cables into obsolescence.

edit: seems like a big move up in quality. Always thought my phone screen looked really cheap and backward compared to other peoples. And the phone has some nice extra features. Looking forward to trying the camera.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 19-06-19, 12:43.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Mind blown .

Comment

I don't know.

Assume Goodluckforme is correct though. She has been faffing about for last 4 weeks. Got 2 surveyors in. An engineer. Loads of queries which we answered fully.

And now she's demanding 1500 off because of an alleged 'leak' that none of these professionals could find.

Thing is I suspect if we sighed and said OK, she would be back again with more BS. Might be time for the EA to earn his money.
                                                                                                                        Could you undertake to get the job done if she put a significant amount up in a non refundable manner? Or invert this and you leave 5k aside to resolve the matter and you get back whatever is left once the job is done post the sale? A friend of mine was struggling to close a sale in 2007 and pulled a similar move on a larger scale which got the deal over the line. Obviously in hindsight this was hugely valuable.

The bro is currently selling his investment property in Carlow to a Chinese national living in Kerry on the basis of a single viewing conducted over FaceTime for cash with a likely 6 weeks close. Poptastic times.
                                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                          Could you undertake to get the job done if she put a significant amount up in a non refundable manner? Or invert this and you leave 5k aside to resolve the matter and you get back whatever is left once the job is done post the sale? A friend of mine was struggling to close a sale in 2007 and pulled a similar move on a larger scale which got the deal over the line. Obviously in hindsight this was hugely valuable.

The bro is currently selling his investment property in Carlow to a Chinese national living in Kerry on the basis of a single viewing conducted over FaceTime for cash with a likely 6 weeks close. Poptastic times.
                                                                                                                          I told EA to offer a compromise of 750 off (such fucking small change to be getting worked up over ) but that we need contracts exchanged by EOW. She went for it so we're back on track.

Hope that plumber spends many happy hours billing her full whack for fixing a non-existent leak.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X