Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome Tar.

What's the 'cheese'?
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Never seen vegan cheese look so on the money

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Looks awesome Tar.

What's the 'cheese'?
        No idea, it's probably coconut oil based. Not a strong enough flavour for me though! I like the smoked/mushroom(I know wtf) or pepperjack flavoured ones.
        How's the plant eating going?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          Go for the best mattress you can afford. Tempur or one of the high end Harrisson (like the 12k/15k I think).

You're going to spend 33% of your life on it. Don't skimp, reap the rewards.
          I wonder what the line is for decreasing returns the higher you go.
          Like once you go over €2k or so, is the difference discernible?
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            I wonder what the line is for decreasing returns the higher you go.
            Like once you go over €2k or so, is the difference discernible?
            Silent night mattresses would be one of the best ranges on the market

Comment

Did a bit of research buying mine last year and sealy pearl from UK resellers seemed a good quality/value balance. Bought white company bedding to go along with it in kildare village and happy with that too.
              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                No idea, it's probably coconut oil based. Not a strong enough flavour for me though! I like the smoked/mushroom(I know wtf) or pepperjack flavoured ones.
                How's the plant eating going?
                It's going well, I'm enjoying it.

More vegetarian than vegan though, had quiche a couple of times for lunch.

Cracking dinner last night, sauteed courgette, baby corns, chillies and broccoli on a bed of mash with crispy kale.

Mash was skin on rough mashed with olive oil, cumin, mustard seeds and chillies. Very very good.

Trying some recipes from Deliciuosly Ella, I'm sure you've heard of it.

Comment

Late to respond to donought glaze guy but your man shouldn't get fired for what he said, he should get fired because he is a complete and utter fucking idiot and shouldn't be in charge of managing people.

I find it hard to believe that just about everybody doesn't says something that could be deemed as inapropriate in the workplace on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure I do it on a daily basis. I say it to people I manage, to people on the same level as me and to people that I report to.

The key thing is, you have to know the person you are talking to and to know what you can and can't say. Would I say the same things to somebody that just started working in the company yesterday that I'd say to people I've worked with for 3, 5, 10 years? No, of course I wouldn't, because I don't know them. You have to know your audience. If you don't know your audience, don't open your mouth.

Just this afternoon, our cleaner came into the office. She is a lovely woman, been with us for ages. She's like a mother to us all (although not quite old enough to be my ma). She chats to everyone, knows everyone's name, knows everything about everyone, she probably does more chatting than cleaning to be fair.

Anyway, she always gives out to me (in a nice way) because I always have delph/cutlery on my desk (as I always eat my lunch at my desk) and never get around to dropping it up to the canteen. Today, when she came in, she came over to me to look for stuff on my desk and was surprised that there was no delph/cutlery. Then she spotted a Twix wrapper and picked it up, conversation went like this - It was all in good banter

Her : Always cleaning up after you so I am

Me : I literally just finished that

Her : Go on out of that

Me : There's actually still chocolate in my mouth, you're practially taking the food out of me mouth

Her : I'll give you a slap one of these days

Me : Jaysus, I might enjoy that, not often you get that kind of an offer on a Friday afternoon

Her : I never said it's your arse I'd slap!

The world has gone PC fucking mad. Humour is required in the workplace, you just need to bring back some common sense and not be a fucking idiot.
                  Last edited by Lao Lao; 14-06-19, 17:05.

Comment

Stop being a martyr and eat your lunch away from your desk. And fuck off anyone who thinks that that vegan shyte can be called cheese.

Comment

Take the matress out of a sofa bed or get a slim topper and put it on the floor

Best sleep you will ever have once your body tells itself not to sleep on your arm till there is no blood left in it

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

The world has gone PC fucking mad. Humour is required in the workplace, you just need to bring back some common sense and not be a fucking idiot.
                          Seinfeld Season 3 - The Red Dot.George lands a job at the publishing company Elaine works for and gets involved with the cleaning lady.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                            Late to respond to donought glaze guy but your man shouldn't get fired for what he said, he should get fired because he is a complete and utter fucking idiot and shouldn't be in charge of managing people.
                            No he should be fired for what he said.

Your example is a good one. You had a private interaction with someone in the workplace where you have clearly defined boundaries with one another and a well-established rapport.

He used a female colleague as the subject of a sexual joke that objectified her, brought her sexuality into it unnecessarily and was not made between the two of them but as a general email sent to their entire workplace.

It's not "PC gone mad" to fire him for that. It's reasonable and it reflects the serious issues with sexualising women in the workplace.
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Good thread

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                we got a simba a couple of years ago. absolutely love it, and definitely my fav mattress ever!! you get a 100 night trial to decide whether you like it or not
                                Also rocking the Simba. Am a difficult sleeper, need to be on a medium-firm mattress. Would rather sleep on the floor than have my shoulders wrecked from a soft mattress.

For podcasters / thinkers / Radio 4 listeners (paging hotspur & Kayroo) the Reith Lectures series with Sumption have been brilliant - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00729d9. I'm really enjoying listening to a smart person who I disagree with on a lot of things make really good cases for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Good thread

That is amazing.

Comment

Comment

That is amazing.
                                      They about to get a tragedy of the commons lesson.

Comment

Comment

Comment

€€€€€€ on mattresses!??

I bought an aloe Vera topped matress for 500 quid and it's fucking amazing.

Bedding TK maxx. 600 thread count duvets 59 e. Sheets 20 odd quid. And if you keep an eye out some really good designer bedding for small money high thread count.
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Asshole that fella with the eggs. Reminds me of people posting strategy hands against the villain but it turns out they are the villain. Machiavellian wankers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Spent €1500 on ours in a half-price sale. Can't even sleep in 5-star hotels afterwards as they are muck by comparison. Minisprings for the win.
                                                  My matress prob 6 months old absolutely perfect sleep. Also reduced. I'd say the majority spend on average approx 800 ish for a matress.

Jesus what did our parents, do. And the beds, we slept in as kids with wires, poking out of them. None of us have back problems ffs
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

United Chelski first game of the season next year, city spurs gw2, liverpool arsenal gw3 and arsenal spurs gw4. Great start to a season!
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                        United Chelski first game of the season next year, city spurs gw2, liverpool arsenal gw3 and arsenal spurs gw4. Great start to a season!
                                                        You Up?

How is the betting going ?
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Your mattress is making you puke up wine in the middle of the night, its not exactly perfect.

And lets not give 5/6star another excuse to bring out his tale of growing up with potato sacks as pillows.
                                                          Get it right, they were flour sacks!

Comment

What's the VPN of choice these days? Paid is fine if it is not too dear. I had a VPN before that I applied at router level so that all devices could have use of it, but it broke Sky basically as it wouldn't access catch up tv and so on while the VPN was enabled. Was pretty annoying.

Comment

Comment

Can't even sleep in 5-star hotels afterwards as they are muck by comparison. Minisprings for the win.
                                                                Im not sure that the reason you aren't sleeping in these hotel beds.
                                                                AllNightStripBenderFTW

Comment

We have way too high a tolerance of scumbags in this country. Just in a Spar in town, choosing an ice pop with daughter when some drunken skanger drops a naggin right beside me showering us with glass shrapnel and vodka. Staff shrugged. I called in a cop from outside, who likewise shrugged. FFS!

Lock em up or send them to Sligo. Fucking plague.
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    We have way too high a tolerance of scumbags in this country. Just in a Spar in town, choosing an ice pop with daughter when some drunken skanger drops a naggin right beside me showering us with glass shrapnel and vodka. Staff shrugged. I called in a cop from outside, who likewise shrugged. FFS!

Think that’s what happened psv58. I’m out of Dublin almost a year and there is lots I miss about it but the walking dead drug addicted is not one. All the guards ever do is move them along I mean genuinely it would cost billions to house every person who would be in jail here if we were as strict as the usa. Staff are probably on min wage and numbed at this stage to such behavior can’t be expecting them to risk themselves that’s security’s job if there was some there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                      Think that’s what happened psv58. I’m out of Dublin almost a year and there is lots I miss about it but the walking dead drug addicted is not one. All the guards ever do is move them along I mean genuinely it would cost billions to house every person who would be in jail here if we were as strict as the usa. Staff are probably on min wage and numbed at this stage to such behavior can’t be expecting them to risk themselves that’s security’s job if there was some there.
                                                                      Can't be good for tourism either with all these zombies staggering about and pestering people.

I'd love to know how other big cities deal with these elements. I suspect 'corral them in some sinkhole estates' in the answer. Fine by me tbh.

Comment

Common place in Helsinki. Drunks lying out cold on the ground. Went to aid one once and the Finns told me don't it just encourages them , they'll follow you home etc. Ruins the city a bit. Drunk/drugs a scourge (auto corrected to scouse) when it's addiction.

In Birmingham once in a newsagent. One scummer wanking to a magazine in the shop . A root up the hole was administered.
                                                                        Last edited by Solksjaer!; 15-06-19, 16:38.

Comment

Comment

Can't be good for tourism either with all these zombies staggering about and pestering people.

I'd love to know how other big cities deal with these elements. I suspect 'corral them in some sinkhole estates' in the answer. Fine by me tbh.
                                                                            What's wrong is the cunts in power think like you. Lock them all up easy, don't address the actual problems. Sound. It's going well

Edit: that sounds like a personal cut. Not meant at all rd3. It's a disgrace but the attitude of fuck them lock them up will change nothing. Feed them, shelter them for a few days and back to streets won't change a thing.
                                                                            Last edited by eamonhonda; 15-06-19, 17:58.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

At least you're not signed up to do Hell and Back.

Didn't think I'd be doing it in Winter.
                                                                              Ended up being perfect weather for it. Beautiful sunshine.

Rain from the last few days made it great craic, was a mudbath.

Am broken up after it, lots of cuts and scrapes. My mate broke his finger on the very last obstacle.

Really was some of the best fun I've had in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                Also rocking the Simba. Am a difficult sleeper, need to be on a medium-firm mattress. Would rather sleep on the floor than have my shoulders wrecked from a soft mattress.

For podcasters / thinkers / Radio 4 listeners (paging hotspur & Kayroo) the Reith Lectures series with Sumption have been brilliant - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00729d9. I'm really enjoying listening to a smart person who I disagree with on a lot of things make really good cases for them.
                                                                                This is the kinda thing that keeps me here. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                  Not if you're an Arsenal fan.

Comment

On the flip side, drunken skanger must be ruing his luck with an unforced error like that. naggins are few and far between.

SPOILER
                                                                                    ''Ye know wha happen to me earlyoh? dropped a fcukin naggin I did. I only had 2 bleedin sups of it an all ffs''.

Comment

French final of the top 14 about. The 2 best teams without a doubt. Should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                        On the flip side, drunken skanger must be ruing his luck with an unforced error like that. naggins are few and far between.

SPOILER
                                                                                        ''Ye know wha happen to me earlyoh? dropped a fcukin naggin I did. I only had 2 bleedin sups of it an all ffs''.
                                                                                        Yeah, he definitely had the worser day.

Comment

Speaking of Dublin scumbags, this still boils me every time I think of it.

Was listening to Newstalk one morning and Henry was interviewing a bunch of them.

This prick was boasting about how cheap he bought a stolen laptop.

'Hundreh n fiiifty man, bleedin ting worth abou two graaand'

Henry asked him was he not concerned that it could have been full of someone's hard work, maybe a college student with their entire college work on it.

'Naaah, it's been wiped man, all that stuff is gone off it, ting is like brand new'

This cunt genuinely thought Henry was concerned about the inconvenience to him.

Hope he dies painfully.

Comment

Wait, you think a jackeen scanger would last 5 minutes in Sligo?

Good luck with that!

Comment

3 for 2 fresh shelled edamame in Tesco now lads, get it while it's hot.

Comment

They send them on a bus to Southpark!

Comment

Two acquaintances killed in that plane crash in Kildare. Used to be in their flying club. Grim stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                    What's wrong is the cunts in power think like you. Lock them all up easy, don't address the actual problems. Sound. It's going well
                                                                                                    Clearly they think the opposite of that judging by outcomes. Maybe try thinking before typing (as Robert Caro was told by his first editor - "never think with your fingers").

Edit: that sounds like a personal cut. Not meant at all rd3. It's a disgrace but the attitude of fuck them lock them up will change nothing. Feed them, shelter them for a few days and back to streets won't change a thing.
                                                                                                    My wife is a social worker so I suspect I'm more acquainted with both the theory and reality than you.

And as noted above, they're not being locked up. Don't know how you imagined that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                      Wait, you think a jackeen scanger would last 5 minutes in Sligo?

Good luck with that!
                                                                                                      All part of the plan!

OK, Longford it is so.

Comment

Clearly they think the opposite of that judging by outcomes. Maybe try thinking before typing (as Robert Caro was told by his first editor - "never think with your fingers").

My wife is a social worker so I suspect I'm more acquainted with both the theory and reality than you.

And as noted above, they're not being locked up. Don't know how you imagined that one.
                                                                                                        I work with a homeless charity and am very well aquatinted. Your attitude will get us nowhere.ik not thinking with my fingers nor am I having a go at you. You share same attitude as loads of people. It's pointless. We don't want to give them jobs but don't want them to milk the services, what's the answer? I don't have it. Jail solves fuck all in my experience
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

I work with a homeless charity and am very well aquatinted. Your attitude will get us nowhere.ik not thinking with my fingers nor am I having a go at you. You share same attitude as loads of people. It's pointless. We don't want to give them jobs but don't want them to milk the services, what's the answer? I don't have it. Jail solves fuck all in my experience
                                                                                                          Jail they are off the streets and hopeful unable to breed.

Comment

All part of the plan!

OK, Longford it is so.
                                                                                                            So many Dubs moved to Longford cashing in on the last boom that the whole area is destroyed with 2nd and third generation scangers and now has bigger drug and crime problems than anywhere else other than An Lár.

Comment

Don't take me drugs away,
                                                                                                              I hardly seen through yesterday,
                                                                                                              How the fuck am I supposed to see tomorrow?

Comment

Jail they are off the streets and hopeful unable to breed.
                                                                                                                For a couple of weeks. Or are you up for life sentences for shoplifting and possession. We pay for jail too remember. And we'd need a new jail
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

We don't want to give them jobs but don't want them to milk the services, what's the answer? I don't have it. Jail solves fuck all in my experience
                                                                                                                  I get where you are coming from but its just not as simple as 'giving jobs' to people who for a diverse range of issues are unable or unwilling to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    I get where you are coming from but its just not as simple as 'giving jobs' to people who for a diverse range of issues are unable or unwilling to work.
                                                                                                                    I agree , of course not, but barking about them being a scourge on society but offering no route for them to be otherwise isn't gonna help much either. I haven't the first clue what the answer is but the current set up is shite.
                                                                                                                    Decriminalize small possession charges and treat them as a social issue a la Portugal is a good start. Supervised injection centres is another. Although nobody including the fucking HSE will allow it near them. If we aren't offering any solution we can't give out about it.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by eamonhonda; 15-06-19, 22:02.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

For a couple of weeks. Or are you up for life sentences for shoplifting and possession. We pay for jail too remember. And we'd need a new jail
                                                                                                                      I’d start with sterilization for repeat offenders some people can’t be helped.

Comment

I’d start with sterilization for repeat offenders some people can’t be helped.
                                                                                                                        Ist this your final solution Mick ?

the likes of Longford need the blood mixed a bit for the sake of eyebrows and foreheads.

Comment

Visit http://TED.com to get our entire library of TED Talks, transcripts, translations, personalized talk recommendations and more.What really causes addicti...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X