Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm 5.40..not too bad considering form....jbravado on the wbite wine spritzers...jesus wept

Comment

If I want to make an offer on a property when buying a house and an estate agent tells me "we already have been offered x" is there any reason why they would be telling the truth?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
        If I want to make an offer on a property when buying a house and an estate agent tells me "we already have been offered x" is there any reason why they would be telling the truth?
        yes. no point wasting anyone's time. commission wise the difference would be pretty small for them, they just want to make the sale as quickly as possible once they've got a decent offer

Comment

N7 is bonkers, have never seen anything like it. Bus and truck crash at Green Isle. I was an hour getting about 200m. Managed to get off at Newlands X, took a look up at the flyover and people are all out of their cars standing around. Road is actually closed.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Rory Stewart whipping up quite a lot of popularity very quick.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                N7 is bonkers, have never seen anything like it. Bus and truck crash at Green Isle. I was an hour getting about 200m. Managed to get off at Newlands X, took a look up at the flyover and people are all out of their cars standing around. Road is actually closed.
                Still closed according to AA tweet a few minutes ago. Think that happened about 4pm cos traffic was starting to get mental on the M50 when I was on the way back to the warehouse from Wicklow.

Unfortunately would seem like it's a fatal accident with the road still closed.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      I'm pretty sure there's laws/regs of some sorts against making up bogus bids. I looked into this when I was bidding on my house and although I can't remember the details I remember being fairly convinced it's unlikely an EA would do it. I believe you can ask them to substantiate any offer they claim has been made, which is why they will always ask you to make your offer over email even if you make a verbal offer over the phone of whatever.

Comment

Still holding court 9n the guinness...late reg shortly and ship....less time winning is more time winning..good craic in beer garden tbf...

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Rory Stewart whipping up quite a lot of popularity very quick.
                          For some reason I watched this 4 year old speech (also watched his hedgehog speech):
                          House of Commons debate - 2nd March 2015 - Third Report from the Defence Committee: Towards the next Defence and Security Review

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Still holding court 9n the guinness...late reg shortly and ship....less time winning is more time winning..good craic in beer garden tbf...
                            Mini pub crawl into possible hours of poker in the Fitz seems like torture.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                              For some reason I watched this 4 year old speech (also watched his hedgehog speech):
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpXslH1ngJU
                              He reminds me a lot of Brian Cox in how he can explain complex matters in a non verbose and captivating manner. Can only imagine he'd debate most of the leading candidates for PM under the table.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                Mini pub crawl into possible hours of poker in the Fitz seems like torture.
                                Heaven to me. Wait till u have twins next time u have sex.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  He reminds me a lot of Brian Cox in how he can explain complex matters in a non verbose and captivating manner. Can only imagine he'd debate most of the leading candidates for PM under the table.
                                  Might win a General Election.

Unfortunately this competition is amongst the members of the Conservative Party.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can't launch due to copyright yada yada.

Stokes catch I assume? Ridiculous effort.

Comment

Pool / Spurs fans. Channel 4 now

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                                          Here a question for the financial heads around here.

Im moving house and have mine on the market at the moment

I have started the purchase of another house, that will cetainly close before i finalise mine 2-3 months at least . ( i also had to asure them that i wasnt in a chain, so have a seperate mortgage agreed.) ( i had to agree as i basically paid 30k under my expected budget, and cant miss out)

I have the mother of all trackers on my current home and would like to move this to the new house (paying off the temporary mortgage with my moved tracker)

There is an issue in kilkenny certainly where sellers are really only interested in cash buyers, or first buyers that arnt in chain.

Anyway i kind of assumed this was a regular occurance, but from the calls ive made it appears not.

Anyone moved a tracker like this , or heard of anyone that has. Or if anyone has a creative solution to this (other than the obvious delaying the purchase as much as possible etc(as ill be doing that))
                                          I'm pretty sure you're goosed on this one. No way a bank will let you move the tracker to another property unless it is somehow within your T's & C's from your original mortgage offer, which I would be surprised at.

Edit: depends what bank you're with perhaps. For example: https://www.bankofireland.com/help-c...cker-mortgage/

Comment

Ugh Brian Cox. I got a present of one of his books on quantum mechanics and it was the worst popular science book I ever read. Like he would have explained things better if he just dived straight into wave mechanics. Still, at least it was a book I didn't have to listen to his raspy, fake wonderment, voice.

Jim Al-Khalili is where its at.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                Might win a General Election.

Unfortunately this competition is amongst the members of the Conservative Party.
                                                Still available at 16/1 for party leader

Comment

2 likeable bastards, still though , come on you Spurs..

Comment

What was that song Lazare used to sing about Mickste?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                      What was that song Lazare used to sing about Mickste?
                                                      Don’t bluff Mick Stephens? To tune of journey don’t stop believing?
                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        yes. no point wasting anyone's time. commission wise the difference would be pretty small for them, they just want to make the sale as quickly as possible once they've got a decent offer
                                                        Yup, same model as in recruitment, if everyone is happy move on and don’t risk messing up a deal for an amount that likely won’t even pay for a sandwich at lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          It shouldn't be hard for a truck to avoid a bus, and its very unlikely it was a bus error.
                                                          Much harder for the luas drivers to get out of the way, wouldn’t be as confident on it not being the bus drivers fault.

Comment

The tracker mortgage will terminate when you sell.

Unless you have some kind of very special relationship with your bank...
                                                            I don't think this is correct but may not be same situation. Currently got morg approval through UB who I have my existing morg with which is tracker. Have to sell my property first but on new property the tracker morg carries on for xx amount and have a new fixed rate morg for xx to make up the balance.

Comment

I love when a politician gets really angry at not being elected, in a 'I did so much for them, the shower of bastards', Henry Sellersesque way.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                Much harder for the luas drivers to get out of the way, wouldn’t be as confident on it not being the bus drivers fault.
                                                                Very broad generalisation but these days the bus drivers seem to be the most aggressive and least capable of the big vehicle drivers on the roads.
                                                                You'd like to think with the cargo they carry they would be extra well trained and incentivised to drive carefully but late stage capitalism doesn't really allow for that.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                    I don't think this is correct but may not be same situation. Currently got morg approval through UB who I have my existing morg with which is tracker. Have to sell my property first but on new property the tracker morg carries on for xx amount and have a new fixed rate morg for xx to make up the balance.
                                                                    Is that tied in with the whole tracker mortgage redress?

I think EBS offered us same deal but our tracker balance was so low that the cost of putting the rest of the new mortgage on their shitty SVR more than outweighed the benefits. Hence we left it to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                      Don’t bluff Mick Stephens? To tune of journey don’t stop believing?
                                                                      Yeah that's the one. Should have heeded wise man Lazare.

Comment

Trump is so transparent that it's hilarious.

Mueller basically says he's a crook and it's over to Congress. Cue cooked-up headline grabbing tariffs on Mexico.

The fact that they hurt Mexicans and Americans equally is irrelevant to the Donald...

Comment

Is that tied in with the whole tracker mortgage redress?

I think EBS offered us same deal but our tracker balance was so low that the cost of putting the rest of the new mortgage on their shitty SVR more than outweighed the benefits. Hence we left it to die.
                                                                          No redress for me sadly but the issue never came up with bank about losing the tracker. Tracker still over 100k so seems worthwhile but TBH I know fuck all about these things

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                            Details on this Luas crash ? I must have missed it all . Passed at 3.45

Comment

Mueller basically says he's a crook and it's over to Congress. Cue cooked-up headline grabbing tariffs on Mexico.

The fact that they hurt Mexicans and Americans equally is irrelevant to the Donald...
                                                                              Trump steaks, nom

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                Very broad generalisation but these days the bus drivers seem to be the most aggressive and least capable of the big vehicle drivers on the roads.
                                                                                You'd like to think with the cargo they carry they would be extra well trained and incentivised to drive carefully but late stage capitalism doesn't really allow for that.
                                                                                I wasn't a fan of Transport for Ireland/ Go-Ahead taking over various bus routes from Dublin Bus. Have to admit it's been astonishing how much better behaved their drivers are. Polite to customers, obeying speed limits, not pulling out into traffic whenever they feel like it, not running red lights, slowing down for speed ramps...
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                    in the UK plenty of good rates come with a fee
                                                                                    It's the broker sounding me out for it.
                                                                                    Mortgage approved from a few places but he recommends Finance Ireland.
                                                                                    Previously pepper mortgages, they seem a little fly by night imo
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                        Details on this Luas crash ? I must have missed it all . Passed at 3.45
                                                                                        Last one was a while back but I think there has been a few

Comment

We have gone so far down the rabbit hole it's impossible to sort the trivial from the critical.

Washington post were reporting the other day that the White House sent a request to the Pentagon that the aircraft carrier USS John McCain, on duty in the pacific and in Japan for the Presidential visit, be kept out of Trump's sight.
                                                                                          I don't expect that was coming from him but from people in the office so scared of what his behaviour would become if he was confronted with a ship named for McCain

Meanwhile Bolton is trying to sleepwalk them into a war.

Comment

jaysus, US tariffs on Mexican goods. That guy is going to collapse the world trading system.
                                                                                            Undercover soci-anacarist imo, took down daddies racist business from the inside, now doing the same to the machine

As an aside, thought I was making up the term soci-anarchist, but apparently not, it exists

Comment

Have they any plan to give up those silly double-decker buses yet? Thats the key Dublin Bus failing imo.
                                                                                              What's wrong with double deckers?

Comment

...

Comment

Plus double-deckers have no actual advantages over bendy buses. Nothing.
                                                                                                  Wrong. Way easier to shoot up some gear without the driver seeing you, or have a smoke

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      this day 6 years ago RDIII and I set sail for Epsom. One hell of a day that started with a 6am trek to the airport and ended with a 6am finish in the sporting emporium after a monster cash session. A lot of drink was consumed and a lot of fun was had.
                                                                                                      I witnessed the tail end of it. You waking up every now and again to scoop a big pot.
                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

It saddens me that the El Stuntman moniker isn’t used much any more

Comment

You're the scientist obviously, but don't double-deckers take up less space on the roads which must be some advantage? More of them can be taking on passengers at one busstop, and they take up less space for parking overnight.
                                                                                                          They are less likely to get stuck at junctions than longer buses.
                                                                                                          They can traverse streets that bendy-buses can't, ever noticed you don't see any buses in the 'old town' part of European cities.

Comment

Curb space dude curb space. Also once you have the infrastructure in place for one type of bus, there are a lot of costs in changing over.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Hectorjelly; 31-05-19, 12:41.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I'm not precisely a bus scientist, I should hasten to add.

Double-deckers don't take up less space on the road in any notable way!

They're not more likely to get stuck at junctions providing buses have priority at junctions which is a minor issue to address in cities.

They are at bus stops for less time so that makes up for taking up (marginally) more space at bus stops.

I'd imagine an evening parking space for buses can be sorted out Not least from the cost savings of using a bus model that is far cheaper.

You see bendy buses everywhere in European cities. In any case Dublin doesn't have any European style 'old town'.

There's no reason to keep them. Dublin started using them because London was using them and put no further thought into it. Almost nowhere else followed suit.

The key thing, in any case, is the advantages of bendy buses which is evident by their near universal use.
                                                                                                                    So much wrong with this post. Very poor trolling Hitch, you obviously haven't put much thought to this or do any research.

Have you accounted for bus frequency times along routes? That does impacts passengers load times at peak period.

Not much impact on space on road in a notable way?? It takes 50% less space, that is not marginal by any means.

Changing priorities at junctions is a minor issue? Dude, what are you basing that on? I don't know much about it, but I would imagine it is a lot more complex then just a flick of a switch... Traffic management programs for junctions at different times of day for real time patterns sound like a logistical nightmare.

Have you considered the difference in transport infrastructure models in Dublin compared to other cities and the reason why the bendy bus wouldn't be suitable.

I imagine there there has been research on introducing bendy buses by Dublin Bus in the past. There must have been issues otherwise we would have seen them introduced already, no?
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...

Comment

"Believe in the double decker!"

Comment

Oh dear lord. The day when suggesting that ditching rickety double-decker buses in favour of buses that nearly everywhere else uses and which have much better access for all passengers is 'trolling' is a very weird day.
                                                                                                                          Like before you are reducing a complicated problem into something very simplistic.

It seems like they are used pretty widely throughout the world.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X