Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    FG grab their second seat in the South and seems its a tiny amount of votes between greens and shinners to see how gets the last.

PR-STV is glorious as a spectator sport.
    So it likely ends up:

5 FG
    3 IND
    2 Green
    2 FF
    1 SF

?

pretty shit campaigns for FF and SF if that's how it pans out
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      This was exactly my thoughts. A decade is a long long time nowadays.
      If the negative press about Man citys owners being scum of the earth and the dodgy payments/fake sponsorship deals kicks on next season the owners might start looking around

The whole point of getting involved was to white wash their regime, it it starts to bring more coverage of how bad they are, why stay!?

Comment

Bit Subbuteo-esque
        Last edited by Dice75; 29-05-19, 19:30.

Comment

Started watching Line of Duty after all the hype.

2 eps in.

I assume it gets good. Does it?
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

2 eps in.

-2pts

Comment

2 eps in.

I've watched 4 of the seasons and it's not a 'must watch' but seasons 2 and 3 are pretty good. Enjoyed it overall

Comment

2 eps in.

Lol

Comment

2 eps in.

Did the same and watched 3 episodes about two weeks ago and I havn't gone back to it. For a show that is only 5/6 episodes a season I didn't care about any character or their stories half through a season.

Watched the first season of Succession and enjoyed it, but I think that was largely down to Brian Cox.

SPOILER
                  Was going to stop watching if he was dead after the first episode

Comment

Shaping up nicely for a poxy boring final settled on penos

Comment

I'll do that again in 15 mins and have the game wrapped up.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        -2pts
                        Balls. Gonna be skipped in the queue for my coffee in the morning aren't I.

Comment

Lazare is not a good citizen .

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            Lol
                            Maybe I'll come back and eat these words but so far the writing is terrible imo, and it lacks realism. Adrian Dunbar's character is awful, as is the station chief.

Let's see how it goes.

Comment

Game over so...

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                I'll do that again in 15 mins and have the game wrapped up.
                                You done this weekends euromillions yet?

Comment

This is like the greatest friendly ever

Comment

Maybe I'll come back and eat these words but so far the writing is terrible imo, and it lacks realism. Adrian Dunbar's character is awful, as is the station chief.

Let's see how it goes.
                                    I think the best bit about the station chief is that he was Malcom Tuckers enforcer

The crossest man in Scotland!Clips taken from In The Loop. Includes deleted scenes!

2:40 for the best bit (actually, just realised she's in line of duty too as Laverty)
                                    Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

White Hag do great stuff.
                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-05-19, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      I think the best bit about the station chief is that he was Malcom Tuckers enforcer

2:40 for the best bit

Very happy with the beer, will break my no wheat thing to give it a try at some point, I was on about the club branching out for years, great to see it happening

White hag lads seem well sound as well

Although im not sure they fully understand what a session ale is, from memory it's fairly strong to be called a session ale
                                      Last edited by Guest; 29-05-19, 20:41.

Comment

Another stunning performance from ozil, my personal man of the match!

Had to check a few times he was still on the pitch
                                        Last edited by Guest; 29-05-19, 20:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          Another stunning performance from ozil, my personal man of the match!

Had to check a few times he was still on the pitch
                                          He looked highly upset when he was hauled off.

Comment

The crossest man in Scotland!Clips taken from In The Loop. Includes deleted scenes!

2:40 for the best bit (actually, just realised she's in line of duty too as Laverty)

Haha deadly. Now that's class writing.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

One episode into Barry, I will keep it up !

As for that drivel Shrap recommended

Sterilised.

Where was the cunt ? Coming of age, albeit in some reverse pseudo genre to give everyone a medal.

There were laughs, but on a whole, a solid 1/5.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

2 eps in.

Ep3 was good in fairness.

Comment

Saw the Unthanks in the Spirit store tonight up in Dundalk. Such a lovely warm buzz, it's a different universe musically to what I am exposed to normally, and all the better an experience for it.
                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                        Saw the Unthanks in the Spirit store tonight up in Dundalk. Such a lovely warm buzz, it's a different universe musically to what I am exposed to normally, and all the better an experience for it.
                                                        They are wonderful aren't they and always a great show . First Irish tour I haven't caught them on in years but I am going to see them in Cambridge later in the summer.
                                                        I'f I'd got tickets I'd have gone up to Bellaghy at the weekend to see them.

What line up did they have tonight and did they do

The UnthanksMon 22 Oct 8pmTickets €20/18http://paviliontheatre.ticketsolve.com/shows/873484420/events
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just watched sour grapes; good show!

Must watch

My favourite guys were:

SPOILER
                                                          The "it's garbage", BLT with egg guy

And this guy:

Comment

Going to Tianjin in December for a few weeks and have managed to talk myself into splurging the €2,800 on business class flights on Emirates. The school will only refund the €800 or so cost of the economy flights. Is there any easy way, through e.g. buying discount airmiles, that I can reduce the cost on my side a bit?
                                                            Surely a man of your eminent standing deserves to fly business!

Throw a tantrum with the uni and tell them they're covering it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                One episode into Barry, I will keep it up !

As for that drivel Shrap recommended

Sterilised.

Where was the cunt ? Coming of age, albeit in some reverse pseudo genre to give everyone a medal.

There were laughs, but on a whole, a solid 1/5.
                                                                there's always one you can't please isn't there! the were good laughs though weren't they? surely deserves a 2 just for that!

Comment

I suspect this is one of those things that once you do it once on a long-haul flight that you really aren't going back. Like it includes a chauffeur driver to pick you up from your home to get you to the airport and then drop you off at your final destination after arrival.
                                                                  Ah reminds me of me Debs only it was a hilman hunter driven by me uncle Joe plus I walked home the length of the grand canal after refusing to go to the afters in Olympic ballroom due to musical differences with my date . I mean who can forgive Bill Whyman for Je suis un rock star. We made up . Sorry what was the question?

Comment

Comment

I suspect this is one of those things that once you do it once on a long-haul flight that you really aren't going back. Like it includes a chauffeur driver to pick you up from your home to get you to the airport and then drop you off at your final destination after arrival.
                                                                      After flying business for a while, you find yourself needing to book a spare seat.

Just for your sense of entitlement.

Comment

A nice new amuse bouche option for Tar.

About time! One of my greatest woes.
                                                                        Think people would look at you oddly for ever using cash in my circles.
                                                                        Maybe they do something like Aer Lingus? You book a normal eco flight and they send you ways to make you an offer on business? Or you can contact them before the flight and ask what it would cost to upgrade? Haggle man! I was walking around NYC with my mother and she started haggling in a jewelry place. I was thinking, ok this works in Ireland and the UK, she browbeats those people but no way will it work in this place. I watch her start into her assassination of the manager by pointing out a similar bracelet to one she has and saying why does it cost $40? Her similar one that she is wearing cost $5? At this point I couldn't watch any more and went outside. She walks out of the shop with a $70 piece for $15 and a selfie of her holding another customers dog.

Anyway re the chauffeur thing, I just booked a couple of airbnbs and one of them offered a chauffeur service like that, pretty cheap actually, tempted!
                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 30-05-19, 09:26.

Comment

Anyone here do the 12 bens in Connemara?
                                                                          About to book a slot. I suspect if I die they won't leave my body there .

Comment

Set yourself up a consultancy business, flights are a business expense then. Fucking around with Upgrade Offers/Avios or Point redemptions is only good for leisure travel where dates aren't set in stone. Not that easy to do on Emirates anyway. BA/Qatar/AA you can pay people to book flights for you using their points but the effort to reward ratio still isn't fantastic.
                                                                            Get an Amex platinum as well if you do setup, can expense the £500 a year fee and get access to lounges in 90% of decent Airports. Get some other benefits, membership straightaway of Hotel Loyalty programmes, Free travel insurance etc. Earn points too on all your spending, I get 50k points approx. per year from putting everything through it, which I can convert to Airline Points if I see a useful flight option. Ultimate goal is a trip to Chile in Biz for me and GF at some point.
                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I'm liking this guy more and more

Comment

I'm liking this guy more and more

No Bill Clinton equivocation there!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  No Bill Clinton equivocation there!
                                                                                  I did not have inhaling relations with that Opium

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                    Ultimate goal is a trip to Chile in Biz for me and GF at some point.
                                                                                    What appeals to you about Chile?

Comment

Good story here about the most high-profile Irish sportsman in the world right now.

(Not Conor McSkanger )

Comment

Hotspur tapping up mocata for an ayahuasca shipment.

+100 points

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          Good story here about the most high-profile Irish sportsman in the world right now.

(Not Conor McSkanger )
                                                                                          One of my two sporting claims to fame is that I played a match against him in the Leinster Schools Cup, he got caught on the boundary for three and we thought we had the match won, unfortunately, that CUS team had a few other handy players who promptly dispatched with our are fairly average run total.
                                                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                            One of my two sporting claims to fame is that I played a match against him in the Leinster Schools Cup, he got caught on the boundary for three and we thought we had the match won, unfortunately, that CUS team had a few other handy players who promptly dispatched with our are fairly average run total.
                                                                                            I was captaining a team out in North County (where he started off). We had quite a fast bowler, for the grade, and were trashing them - they were something like 70 for 7 chasing 250+ so the game was effectively over when this tiny little Eoin Morgan 13 y/o walks out to bat.

I had a quiet convo with their umpire:
                                                                                            "He's very small"
                                                                                            "Yep"
                                                                                            "Do you want to me tell our guy to slow down a bit?"
                                                                                            "Not at all"

First ball smacked back over the bowler's head. One bounce four over the boundary. Cue 11 men from my team nodding their heads and all thinking "this kid is gonna be good".

The umpire was his dad btw.

Comment

Ok buying orange juice crop and Jordan Speith. He's close to being back.

Comment

Here a question for the financial heads around here.

Im moving house and have mine on the market at the moment

I have started the purchase of another house, that will cetainly close before i finalise mine 2-3 months at least . ( i also had to asure them that i wasnt in a chain, so have a seperate mortgage agreed.) ( i had to agree as i basically paid 30k under my expected budget, and cant miss out)

I have the mother of all trackers on my current home and would like to move this to the new house (paying off the temporary mortgage with my moved tracker)

There is an issue in kilkenny certainly where sellers are really only interested in cash buyers, or first buyers that arnt in chain.

Anyway i kind of assumed this was a regular occurance, but from the calls ive made it appears not.

Anyone moved a tracker like this , or heard of anyone that has. Or if anyone has a creative solution to this (other than the obvious delaying the purchase as much as possible etc(as ill be doing that))
                                                                                                sigpic
                                                                                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                                  What was the other one?

Comment

In town early for Fitz eom if anyone fancies a pint. Currently touring good Guinness joints backing nags

Comment

Is a mortgage application fee a thing?
                                                                                                      I had the impression there was nothing involved in that
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                        What was the other one?
                                                                                                        When I was in school, a now former Irish International rugby player got dropped in order to move me into playing at out-half.

That was the first and last time I ever played for the A team, I was 12 (still playing 20 years later).
                                                                                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          In town early for Fitz eom if anyone fancies a pint. Currently touring good Guinness joints backing nags
                                                                                                          Following on from last weeks €5.30 Red Cow pint can confirm Sheehans at 5.70 and Duke at 5.40...more to follow..

Comment

Following on from last weeks €5.30 Red Cow pint can confirm Sheehans at 5.70 and Duke at 5.40...more to follow..
                                                                                                            On a related note. Was out for dinner last night with MrsF and paid €5.80 for a pint of beer. That's the most expensive beer i have ever bought since in moved to Malta!

Comment

The tracker mortgage will terminate when you sell.

Unless you have some kind of very special relationship with your bank...

Comment

€5.20 in Reillys opp O'Donohues...getting there..

Angelus on a bonus

Comment

€5.20 in Reillys opp O'Donohues...getting there..

Angelus on a bonus
                                                                                                                  Dice buying pints for every lost soul wandering past.
                                                                                                                  Cheers man
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Window ledge is quite high here so surprised to be able to spot DP trundling past....dragged him in for a quickie and sent him on his merry way...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      Is a mortgage application fee a thing?
                                                                                                                      I had the impression there was nothing involved in that
                                                                                                                      in the UK plenty of good rates come with a fee

Comment

Off to meet Jbrav and see how much Anne Doyle is charging for Guinness these days....

over or unders on 5.60?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X