Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Meeting a potential new customer today. Sent him a WhatsApp message with our address and spotted from his pic that he's a serious cyclist.

Googled him then and discovered that he's a two time Olympian, competed in LA '84 and Seoul '88.

Mad ted
    PC? IS his shop busto?

Oops nvm confused your post with CV posts above and thought u said u were interviewing him.

Comment

It's definitely relative to industries such as Finance but as RD3 said even within that its know your audience imo.

I make a blanket rule now of not putting it down but I did at the time for the gaming industry.

I possibly should have put it down when applying for a couple of prop firms as one apparently trains people using poker as the medium but no way would I put it down for a large bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        PC? IS his shop busto?

Oops nvm confused your post with CV posts above and thought u said u were interviewing him.
        That's him. Seems a sound guy from chatting on phone.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Meeting a potential new customer today. Sent him a WhatsApp message with our address and spotted from his pic that he's a serious cyclist.

Googled him then and discovered that he's a two time Olympian, competed in LA '84 and Seoul '88.

Mad ted
          Confirmed druggie

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Yeah tipping culture is defintiely win win for everyone, it leads to far better standards even if everyone knows its just faux niceties.

Individuals bills when dining or drinking in a big group can be very handy too in certain situations and its the norm in Canada and is a genuine skill from the server to keep track of especially on a messy night so they tend to earn their 10%. An irish waiter would stare at you like you had ten heads if you requested a split bill.
            There's simple things that could make eating out in Ireland more seamless. The maître d' always seems mildly surprised you've turned up, is unprepared, usually burying their head in their notes. Don't get why they don't check 15/30mins in advance. Or why waiters rarely take note of which seat ordered what.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Maybe in some very specific instances. I'd still view it as a dumb thing to have on a cv generally.
              It went through a phase there where every lad who had played 5er sit n gos was putting it on his CV. It it's a related industry and the person was a serious professional they should put it on.
              Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-04-19, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                I think there was a thread on here or maybe mentioned in the BBV re putting poker playing on the CV. Was mentioned in a management meeting that we had got a CV in which included a period of being a 'professional poker player' and the MD was quite impressed and wants him in for an interview. May be a shift in attitude on this instead of it just screaming gamblor now...
                Played pro for six years and have always had it on the CV. Lots of recruiters / hiring managers don't even mention it...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Is there anything our upcoming Chinese overlords can't or won't do?

+1 would give it a go.
                    I always assumed that in the ivf process there would be a way for a couple to have some privacy to 'extract' the semen together... I mean why would you do it any other way
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      Confirmed druggie
                      I'll be sure to mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        I always assumed that in the ivf process there would be a way for a couple to have some privacy to 'extract' the semen together... I mean why would you do it any other way
                        Had to do it a couple of times in two different clinics. The Beacon was nice and discreet, you want down a quiet hallway to a room, the room had a little hatch. All nice and comfortable and private.

Previous time to that in the Hari clinic a guy calls me into his office, hands me a cup, directs me to a room then tells me to bring the cup back to him.

I get back to his office a few mins later and there's a couple in there with him. I'm like, eh, I have this eh thing for you. He tells me to wait outside. He was a wanker too.

So I'm standing there in a busy hallway facing a packed waiting room with a red face holding a cup of jip. And everyone knows it's a cup of jip and I've just had a wank.

Stood there for about 3 mins wanting to die.

Comment

Haven't heard 'Jip' in a long time.

Public Health Nurse called my son's flute his 'Todger'. Also haven't heard that in a while and laughed.

Comment

Had to do it a couple of times in two different clinics. The Beacon was nice and discreet, you want down a quiet hallway to a room, the room had a little hatch. All nice and comfortable and private.
                            And was it available for couples?

The guy with the cup is just bizarre, maybe I'm being a bit sentimental or something but I'm speechless at the thoughts of that tbh

Comment

I guess there's little to be done about the ATM robberies. Was reading this morning about a Republican source confirming it is dissidents. Having then seen footage of them I don't think it's a good idea for local rural unarmed Gardai to be racing to the scene from an alarm. The PSNI can have a go though.

Comment

+1 would give it a go.

Make a few aesthetic changes and it would go down a treat with all the Japanese virgins.

Comment

And was it available for couples?

The guy with the cup is just bizarre, maybe I'm being a bit sentimental or something but I'm speechless at the thoughts of that tbh
                                  I didn't need to know so am not sure, but the Beacon were so sound and nice about everything I can't imagine it being a problem.

Hari were cunce, so I doubt it with them.

Comment

How the fuck is it anti consumer to ban people from labelling sugary shite that has nothing whatsoever to do with milk as milk
                                    Though in fairness by virtue of being dyed white and packaged in a milk carton it probably has more relation to milk than than it does to the almond's it claims to be made from
                                    Lol Strew. "Sugary shite".
                                    Milk is naturally pretty high is sugar. Lactose is literally milk sugar.
                                    Almond milk is a low sugar alternative.

Comment

+1 would give it a go.

Can't imagine the communal sex robot will be popular. But at least they can call back on the home market.

Comment

I blame Irlkev.

GFYL(Again)

Comment

+1 would give it a go.

That video has been around since at least 2012. Pretty sure it's a mock-up, as the design seems impractical.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                            That video has been around since at least 2012. Pretty sure it's a mock-up, as the design seems impractical.
                                            Though they claim here to be selling 10k a year of them at $13k each

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

There may be some IPBers -AJ springs to mind- interested in putting a team into this:

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                "The proportion of young Japanese adults who have not lost their virginity well into adulthood has increased in the past two decades, according to a new study which found a quarter of men aged 18 to 39 had not had sex."

https://www.theweek.co.uk/100656/why...nnials-virgins
                                                Lol. I figured that was the case but it’s not what the man posted.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

This is a fascinating read on ordinary MPs at the moment
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                    Me too, glad he didn't spot it in time as it was v.funny

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                      For all I know what I said is still true, it's japan after all

Comment

Peak Zizek and relevant to the sperm bank machine

Comment

Banks are very coy about saying what would be loaded. physical capability of for 8000 notes but I'm a location like that they would only load a fraction of that.
                                                          I know a crew from the north whose business is ATM installation and the building associated with the backroom and that sort of thing. They are the real winners in all this
                                                          I had an idea the money might be in getting the unit itself. Seeing as most if not all of them are running pretty antiquated systems, physical access might yeild far reaching rewards
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Previous time to that in the Hari clinic a guy calls me into his office, hands me a cup, directs me to a room then tells me to bring the cup back to him.

I get back to his office a few mins later and there's a couple in there with him. I'm like, eh, I have this eh thing for you. He tells me to wait outside. He was a wanker too.

So I'm standing there in a busy hallway facing a packed waiting room with a red face holding a cup of jip. And everyone knows it's a cup of jip and I've just had a wank.

Stood there for about 3 mins wanting to die.
                                                            Had a similar enough story.
                                                            I was given the option to bring it with me from home as they didn't have a couple room.
                                                            Bating up the M50 with a jar of spunk was an ordeal then felt like the weirdest courier ever hand it over to the desk in the beacon.
                                                            Found out I've decent swimmers which was a nice result

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
                                                              Played pro for six years and have always had it on the CV. Lots of recruiters / hiring managers don't even mention it...
                                                              Id ask you was hot food included on the breaks?.

Comment

Accusing the Queen of treason is peak Brexit

Comment

I'm curious to know what purpose this little hatch served?. Seriously.

Comment

Did the rules chance on pens that once the ball comes back onto the pitch, it can't be a goal? Similar to the one that hits the keeper and spins back in; is this a goal?

Comment

Woody Allen already solved the problem for wankers like Lazare.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                          I'm curious to know what purpose this little hatch served?. Seriously.
                                                                          Spunkhouser

upload pic

Comment

Stadium noise sound very "tinny" on VM1 for the Spurs game or just me?

Comment

Spurs be stadium is very pretty but atmosphere wise it’s not exactly the seething cauldron that’s been advertised for the past while. Fairly flat sounding at the moment

Comment

Apparently the longest stadium bar in Europe, pics looks pretty ridic tbf

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                  Spurs be stadium is very pretty but atmosphere wise it’s not exactly the seething cauldron that’s been advertised for the past while. Fairly flat sounding at the moment
                                                                                  What stadia do count as 'seething cauldrons'?

Comment

Love these ads

Comment

What stadia do count as 'seething cauldrons'?
                                                                                      Galatasary, some Italian grounds, Dortmund, anfield on euro nights etc
                                                                                      In general seems to help if your fans are racists/fascists, they get a great seethe going
                                                                                      Was flicking between Liverpool game and spurs game and the difference was noticeable

Comment

Also based on a very limited sample size atmosphere is better in championship games than premiership, maybe more brexit supporters in the crowd.
                                                                                        Or less tourists. Nou camp was a big dissapointment for me when I went, but rich considering I was one of the tourists there wrecking the atmosphere too but still

Comment

Spunkhouser

upload pic
                                                                                          So the hatch is the tabernackle of sperm. If so the room is the sacristy. Didnt know you were such a holy joe.

Comment

Comment

That reminds me of the time I wanted to get a new dog a few years ago.
                                                                                              I wanted a Japanese/American Akita, I ended up finding a guy on donedeal selling American Akita pups in Portlaoise so I gave him a ring.

We chatted for a couple of mins and agreed to meet at the petrol station near the hospital in Portlaoise.
                                                                                              The conversation ends with me asking "What car will you be driving?"
                                                                                              He responds with "You'll know me when you see me"
                                                                                              It was a bit weird but I didn't think too much of it so I drove down anyway with my bro.

We were waiting a few mins and all of a sudden this guy appears with 2 American Akitas pulling him along in a homemade "sled" converted from a small trailer.

He pulled up alongside us and told us to follow him to his house. The mother & father of the pups it turned out were pulling him along in the "sled".
                                                                                              We bought a pup in the end, one of the nicer dogs we've had, great day and great result overall.

Comment

...

Comment

As is the way of these things - that campaign by farmers against reducing meat consumption has persuaded me to have at least one day meatfree a week. I realise it's a minor contribution to the world, but meh it's better than nothing and seems like a good idea. A few books arriving on Friday full of what look like delicious recipes.
                                                                                                  Ortolans every other day obvs.

Come on, you can tell us, where's the best place to get a line on ortolans these days? Ask your colleagues over the lunch table today.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    I had an idea the money might be in getting the unit itself. Seeing as most if not all of them are running pretty antiquated systems, physical access might yeild far reaching rewards
                                                                                                    No, there would be nothing that useful to them in practice and while the unit I saw coming out of the wall the other day has a retail price of about 20K they absolutely wrecked it to scrap metal value by scraping off the top from the safe.
                                                                                                    If the cassettes are loaded with the dye packs that explode over the notes if the cassettes are tampered with then the only way they are getting the cash out is if they have a working device of the same make to dispense the notes from.

Comment

Swaying towards Eir for the TV\BB\phone package @ 50 p/m - free BT Sports being the kicker (Ashes, rugby). Just standard BB for now (100 mb/s) but fibre available within a few months.

Any reason not to go with them? They always had a terrible reputation, is this still the case?

Comment

Swaying towards Eir for the TV\BB\phone package @ 50 p/m - free BT Sports being the kicker (Ashes, rugby). Just standard BB for now (100 mb/s) but fibre available within a few months.

Any reason not to go with them? They always had a terrible reputation, is this still the case?
                                                                                                        Just on a technical point the home Ashes is on Sky Sports, not BT.
                                                                                                        BT have the series in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          Just on a technical point the home Ashes is on Sky Sports, not BT.
                                                                                                          BT have the series in Australia.
                                                                                                          blegh. This is why I do my research via the BBV.

Comment

No, there would be nothing that useful to them in practice and while the unit I saw coming out of the wall the other day has a retail price of about 20K they absolutely wrecked it to scrap metal value by scraping off the top from the safe.
                                                                                                            If the cassettes are loaded with the dye packs that explode over the notes if the cassettes are tampered with then the only way they are getting the cash out is if they have a working device of the same make to dispense the notes from.
                                                                                                            That's an interesting reverse-engineering problem. Is there anything preventing dispensing from non-standard devices?
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Can't dyed notes be used in vending machine, and then the change is effectively laundered money?
                                                                                                              Kind of an ironic solution I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                That's an interesting reverse-engineering problem. Is there anything preventing dispensing from non-standard devices?
                                                                                                                Yeah, absolutely hardware and firmware would stop you, but they would only need access to more or less any one Wincor one NCR models intact. They would need access to a recent enough release of platform software and then the code to just dispense till empty would be trivial.
                                                                                                                Getting the platform software might sound like a stretch but I'm pretty sure if we set DP to the job he could come back with a usable version within the hour

Can't dyed notes be used in vending machine, and then the change is effectively laundered money?
                                                                                                                It wouldn't pass the latest note validators which are very smart but the ones in older vending machines are so bad they will sometimes take photocopies.
                                                                                                                Dye seems a very crude measure and has either been dropped by the banks or is no real deterrent to the thieves.

Comment

I wonder would betting terminals take them?

On the subject of laundering. Would buying chips at a casino, then cashing them in later, be an effectively way if laundering? As well as providing a plausible source?
                                                                                                                  For dirty money in general, not dyed money.

Comment

Is it considered rude to cull your Linkedin network I wonder?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                        I was looking to buy an Akita dog a few years ago and I decided to settle on an American Akita.

I find a guy in Portlaoise, called him and arranged to meet at the petrol station beside the hospital.

I asked him what car was he driving and he says "You'll know me when you see me."
                                                                                                                        I was a bit WTF but I wanted the pup and I was obviously curious.

I arrive and then this guy comes around the corner in a homemade trailer/sled with two American Akita's pulling him along.
                                                                                                                        Pulls straight along side, tells us to follow him down to the house.

I obviously thought this was great and of course bought a pup off him. I'm sure others have spotted him around Portlaoise. She's a great dog too.
                                                                                                                        ...I knew I had read this before...Good story...

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 10-04-19, 11:03.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X