Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
    and nobody knows for sure just
    how much will be taken in the daring
    pre-dawn Aintree comp at the Lufthansa
    cargo terminal at Lennon Airport.
    The Old Bill estimate two thousand euro.
    Port Authority police say four
    thousand euro, the city cops say
    five. How much maximum? That they
    won't say. So far, neither Hitchhiker or Raoul Duke III have
    said anything, but they've
    promised to break the silence
    soon with a press conference, and
    IPB will be there to cover it
    live from the scene of the heist
    at Aintree when they do. It looks like
    a big one. Maybe the biggest Aintree comp this
    forum has ever seen.
    Stay tuned...

SPOILER
    Bigger than last year anyway, Eoghan104's dominance failing to scare off the pretenders.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

If you're ever at a loose end in Manchester Airport, I can most heartily recommend the breakfast at the Radisson just before T2. £25 gets you a most sumptuous spread.

Reckon we"re tipping towards profit from the Bloody Marys.

Comment

Am I blind and just can't see a thread for the Norwegian Open?

I tried googling and can't seem to find the full schedule just the Norwegian only events.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
            Am I blind and just can't see a thread for the Norwegian Open?

I tried googling and can't seem to find the full schedule just the Norwegian only events.
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Irexit billboard campaign. Because it's all going so swimmingly well in the UK.

Interesting to see where the funding is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                If you're ever at a loose end in Manchester Airport, I can most heartily recommend the breakfast at the Radisson just before T2. £25 gets you a most sumptuous spread.

Reckon we"re tipping towards profit from the Bloody Marys.
                Fake news!!!^^^^

Upon requesting the bill, it was indeed £25. For the two of us.

Insert roflcopters and whatever you're having yourself

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

The Irexit Freedom Party have announced renowned UCD Professor Dolores Cahill as the Party's Chairwoman .

She has been involved in Scientific Research , Innovation Strategy and Policy Development for over 10 years in Ireland, Germany and Sweden , She was recipient of the prestigious BioFuture Award from the German Minister of Science, the Federation of European Biochemical Societies 2009 Award and is co-founder of a biomedical company called Protagen AG in Dortmund, Germany

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

this picture is hilarious
                    SPOILER
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Great article in the IT with some Irish peoples thoughts living in the UK

Comment

Was forever thus (1996)

Classic John Bird and John Fortune "Long Johns", one of the very best. John Bird is George Parr, from the Eurosceptic wing of the Conservative Party, explain...

Add in the disaster capitalists, the tax haven mob, small town labour fucktards, and the lads for whom it's all just a laugh

I think the lads from the likes of Sunderland who voted Brexit to start a hard reset might have a point

Comment

@AJ things afoot, hopefully!

On Tuesday, Cheollima Civil Defense, which says it is a group working to overthrow the Kim regime, claimed responsibility for the events.

Comment

She's toast
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                She's toast
                                eventually yes, but the fact the vote didn't get through means she has a lifeline as she said she would leave IF the agreement was voted in.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  She's toast
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What’s the usual generally accepted amount you’ll get to haggle off the sticker price in a menswear spot like L Copeland’s etc ?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      What’s the usual generally accepted amount you’ll get to haggle off the sticker price in a menswear spot like L Copeland’s etc ?
                                      Wouldn't imagine there be any haggle margin there. Especially as McGregor put his stock up exponentially with his custom.
                                      Id personally feel like tool haggling in any clothes shop or am I alone. Maybe this is a thing.

Comment

Wouldn't imagine there be any haggle margin there. Especially as McGregor put his stock up exponentially with his custom.
                                        Id personally feel like tool haggling in any clothes shop or am I alone. Maybe this is a thing.
                                        I too feel like a tool and rarely can bring myself to do it but then feel like a tool if I don’t also
                                        Feels like something you should be doing, depends on the spot , obv not going to haggle in arnotts or the like
                                        Last edited by Guest; 29-03-19, 17:06.

Comment

It's expected. If it's not on sale you definitely should be able to get ~10% off. It's basically allowing the salesperson to justify their existence by "winning" the sale. Otherwise they are literally picking clothes off a hanger and handing them to you.

If it's on sale you probably won't get much off but if you're buying a few things then they'll round down.
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

I too feel like a tool and rarely can bring myself to do it but then feel like a tool if I don’t also
                                              Feels like something you should be doing, depends on the spot , obv not going to haggle in arnotts or the like
                                              Kildare Village 20% sale on atm. I got a 1k rrp Brooks Bros suit for 300e. Excellent value on suits imo. Worth a trip before you buy imo.

Comment

Normally I just ask them to throw in a shirt or two for the price or a belt and tie, etc in order to close the sale. They usually don't have a problem with that. Think that works better rather than asking for discount.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

For anyone that's going to the hurling and football on Sunday, the upper level Cusack stand have tickets on sale now. Bought 2 earlier. I'd imagine the view for the hurling will be better up there anyway. Section 706 so nice and central.

Comment

Comment

My office looks exactly like a disorganised physicists office should look. Paper everywhere (mostly on the floor), along with bits of electronic circuits, empty delivery boxes, coffee cups, lego, ball-and-stick molecules, chemicals that definitely shouldn't be there, and a nice ornate Crooke's radiometer on the windscreen.

Comment

Was down in parliament square today to speak up the atmosphere. ukip having a rally competing and talking over another bigger leave rally featuring the likes of Mark 'the stupidest man on the planet' Francois and that fucktard from Weatherspoons threatening the biggest campaign of civil disobedience ever seen.
                                                        Really unpleasant almost scary atmosphere where the only EU flags had hammers and sickles or swastikas on them. At one point a pro remain open top bus was coming over Westminster bridge and a gang of Tommy Robinson supporters appeared and started spitting venom at them, enough cops to contain them appeared out of thin air and put them back in their box.
                                                        Very drunken yobbish crowd, thoroughly unpleasant lot.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

In a pub in Drimnagh, West Brom v Birmingham on one telly, racing on the other. I ask if they could put Cork v Dundalk on RTE, nope says the barman people are watching the football, I ask is anyone actually watching West Brom v Birmingham, yeah says he and fucks off.

There is nobody watching the football.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                            In a pub in Drimnagh, West Brom v Birmingham on one telly, racing on the other. I ask if they could put Cork v Dundalk on RTE, nope says the barman people are watching the football, I ask is anyone actually watching West Brom v Birmingham, yeah says he and fucks off.

There is nobody watching the football.
                                                            Let me guess, The Black Forge?. If it was St Pats playing it be a different story. Big Pats pub everybody else can fack off!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                              My office looks exactly like a disorganised physicists office should look. Paper everywhere (mostly on the floor), along with bits of electronic circuits, empty delivery boxes, coffee cups, lego, ball-and-stick molecules, chemicals that definitely shouldn't be there, and a nice ornate Crooke's radiometer on the windscreen.
                                                              hope the cockpit is unlike that of a physicists

Comment

UKIP

Comment

Let me guess, The Black Forge?. If it was St Pats playing it be a different story. Big Pats pub everybody else can fack off!
                                                                  Marble Arch.

Have the LOI game on now the racing is over

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Ugh!

All those drawers to fill up with thrash that you'll never remember what's in them.

A beautifully plain desk with a screen and keyboard artfully placed in the centre, and absolutely nothing else, is the ultimate desk.

Well maybe one moleskin writing pad and a nice pen. We can allow that.

But anything for storing paper or nicnacks or cables or a big bundle of unknown origin keys is just painful. Never mind the idea of paying €20,000 for such a disaster.

My best decision a year or so ago was asking the school to remove cupboards and drawers from the office. Zero papers floating around now causing distractions and any that come into the office get immediately chucked in the bin. Have the same at home now and it's beautifully liberating.
                                                                    When we moved office they made the in retrospect commendable decision that there was no personal storage. Really makes sense in our industry, if it's on paper is already useless.

Comment

Riba in Stillorgan have a Brunello by the glass with the coravin system. It's like a trip to Tuscany in a glass, pure lush.
                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Looking to do a decent Northside stroll tomorrow afternoon. Something similar to howth, a nice walk with choice of a good lunch showing the Rugby. Anywhere similar that direction? Some people have said Skerries and Blue bar?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                          We had a safety inspection this week, my desk was deemed a safety hazard lol. It's just all electronics and cables.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                            Looking to do a decent Northside stroll tomorrow afternoon. Something similar to howth, a nice walk with choice of a good lunch showing the Rugby. Anywhere similar that direction? Some people have said Skerries and Blue bar?
                                                                            Might not be long enough but you could do the coastal walk from Portmarnock to Malahide and watch the rugby in Gibneys

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                              We had a safety inspection this week, my desk was deemed a safety hazard lol. It's just all electronics and cables.
                                                                              How is that not a safety hazard?
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Safety inspectors are the worst. They make clampers and traffic wardens look dead sound.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                  How is that not a safety hazard?
                                                                                  Because there's no three year olds in his office.

Comment

Is there anything dafter than a team like Fulham trying to pass the ball across their own penalty area against a team like City whom have 10 of their players in your half giving it the full court press?

Pace up front, hit the channels, giving it away but pushing them back a bit and then maybe make space for yourself to pass it

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                      Is there anything dafter than a team like Fulham trying to pass the ball across their own penalty area against a team like City whom have 10 of their players in your half giving it the full court press?

Pace up front, hit the channels, giving it away but pushing them back a bit and then maybe make space for yourself to pass it
                                                                                      The peno at Anfield was dafter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Because there's no three year olds in his office.
                                                                                        There are a couple in our zoffice

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                            In Les Ormes for the weekend to celebrate a bit of good health news yesterday.
                                                                                            Hiv-?
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Off to the Fitzwilliam and Glover’s alley.

First night away alone together for 4 years.
                                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Jaysus Bierne absolutely milked that, soccer style IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  I really don't understand why the penalty is reversed in that situation

Comment

Tiger V Rory at WGC matchplay for anyone interested.
                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Opening at the IFI on March 29th 2019 including a filmmaker Q&A! https://ifi.ie/man-who-wanted-to-fly/Bobby Coote, 80-something Cavan bachelor, lives next do...

Bobby Coote, 80-something Cavan bachelor, lives next door to his brother, Ernie, and spends his days pottering about, fixing clocks, making violins from old furniture and zipping about the countryside on his motorbike. But despite his apparent contentment he has never lost sight of a lifelong dream – to take to the skies. Securing the help of his neighbour Sean, and to the derision of Ernie, Bobby sets about building a runway and a hangar and investing his life savings in his own private flying machine.

Inviting us into the quiet hinterland of the Irish border, we are wholly captivated by a gently eccentric character and his friends who are determined to realise a crazy dream at any cost. In this debut feature, award-winning journalist and playwright Frank Shouldice has created a truly uplifting and joyful piece of cinema.

(Notes by Sunniva O’Flynn.)

Comment

ultimately won them the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                          That looks fantastic.

He was on the LLS last week. He's the spit of Tom Waits.

Comment

...

Comment

lol Rory

Comment

Leinster are all over the shop.

Comment

It's poor enough so far, too many unforced errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    Mothers day playing havoc so have spare for The GAA tomorrow if anybody fancies it just shout.
                                                                                                                    So very pumped to be bringing the little man to his first game in Croker tomorrow. Can't wait to see his reaction to the place

Edit - little fucker getting to see the Deise in a national final in croke park at the age of 4, I was 31 before I had the pleasure of the infamous 2008 AI hammering

Comment

It's poor enough so far, too many unforced errors.
                                                                                                                      They haven't made a single unforced error!

Ulster's pressure has been excellent.

Not a chance either of them can keep this pace for another 40 mins though.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        They haven't made a single unforced error!

Ulster's pressure has been excellent.

Not a chance either of them can keep this pace for another 40 mins though.
                                                                                                                        Surely you'd count the block down, Cians penalty, the long lineout and a couple of the knock ons as unforced

But yeah Ulster have been out playing us

Comment

Lol Stockdale. What a fuck up.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X