Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new one on me Ole, gonna sing this when drunk, zany but love it. ok feck it i'll open a bottle

i am the butterfly shed my father clothess

Comment

Jesus I feel old. I used to the love The Beat long forgotten about till I saw them vids.
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
        Jesus I am old. I used to the love The Beat long forgotten about till I saw them vids.
        FYP m8

Comment

I see Peter Campbell passed away after battling cancer for the last 2 years. He really was a good egg. I'm sure some from here would know him. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            I see Peter Campbell passed away after battling cancer for the last 2 years. He really was a good egg. I'm sure some from here would know him. RIP.
            This is terrible news. RIP

Comment

There is a serious movie crying out to be made about Brexit.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The Noes have it. For every fucking option.

Comment

It is great theatre tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    The Noes have it. For every fucking option.
                    Is anyone surprised? I wonder how Strewelpeter's delight at parliament taking control to sort a path through the madness is now?

Comment

May looks demented.

Comment

What it probably means is that they are a bunch of morons who are going to have to be cornered into blocking no deal by choosing something, whether that is a referendum at the last, or by backing May's deal at the probably 4th or 5th attempt. Alternatively out on their ear with no deal on April 12th.

Comment

This Arseclown could get a bit part
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Said it before and I'll say it again. This shit could never have happened under Thatcher.

Or Jim Hacker. Humphrey's explanation of the EEC is gold.

Comment

Only thing that could be more of a LOL is if Sinn Fein/IRA were to take the soup and show up and vote for May's deal in the final Countdown

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Only thing that could be more of a LOL is if Sinn Fein/IRA were to take the soup and show up and vote for May's deal in the final Countdown
                                  And it still got voted down by 1 vote.

Comment

The HoC says No.

Ian Paisley Sr smiling up at us.

Comment

Arch Brexiteer and mental midget Steve Baker got a bit excited at the ERG meeting tonight

Comment

On my 6th attempt for skelligs now, all 5 cancelled past few years.
                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                            Can't believe Ranking Roger was only 56.

He's only 17 in this video, one of the great songs of 1980.

RIP.
                                            from the 2016 album

From the new album ‘BOUNCE’ - OUT NOW (DMF Records)ORDER TOWNSEND (Signed) – http://thebeat.tmstor.esORDER AMAZON - http://hyperurl.co/TheBeatBounceORDER ITU...

♫♫ NEW SINGLE ✵ NEW VIDEO ♫♫ 'Side to Side' is out now on LIMITED EDITION double A side 7" vinyl along with our label mates The Selecter or on downloadORDER ...

From the album they released this year

Maniac from Public Confidential out nowCD & Vinyl - https://thebeat.tmstor.es/http://www.thebeatofficial.com/ Video by Blacklight Productions​http://www.bla...

Comment

Saddened to hear that,
                                              a lovely easy going gentleman.

I remember standing on a balcony over looking Galway Bay during a break at the UKiPT watching trawlers heading back to shore.
                                              He suddenly started rhyming off all the vessel types and explaining which ones were equipped for deep sea work etc.

He'd just recovered from his first bout of cancer and to look at Peter you'd never have thought he was an outdoor kind of guy let alone a real life Captain Birdseye.

You enriched peoples life in your own quiet way.
                                              Rest in peace sir, we mourn your passing.
                                              Last edited by DeeBrown; 28-03-19, 05:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                Every so often I think of selling up and moving to Donegal.... Mostly due to this house. https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...2-ee68/4089269
                                                A wide angle lens and a heavy hand in photoshop are certainly doing it plenty of favours
                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                  Saddened to hear that,
                                                  a lovely easy going gentleman.

I remember standing on a balcony over looking Galway Bay during a break at the UKiPT watching trawlers heading back to shore.
                                                  He suddenly started rhyming off all the vessel types and explaining which ones were equipped for deep sea work etc.

He'd just recovered from his first bout of cancer and to look at Peter you'd never have thought he was an outdoor kind of guy let alone a real life Captain Birdseye.

You enriched peoples life in your own quiet way.
                                                  Rest in peace sir, we mourn your passing.
                                                  An absolute gentleman of the highest order. F.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

For those of you looking to do some sightseeing I popped out to Newgrange on Monday for a tour and it's currently free as their visitor centre is closed down, nice way to spend an afternoon greatly enjoyed the tour around the monument.
                                                    Last edited by tylerdurden94; 28-03-19, 19:32.
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

A truly nice gentleman, RIP.
                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Guys does anyone know a time management application that will organise tasks for me in order or urgency and importance?

Sorry if i'm not being clear. Using an excel doc to clear my stuff at the moment. There has to be something better.
                                                        Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 28-03-19, 11:45. Reason: Being an idiot.

Comment

Read up on Kanban technique, I use MS Teams as have office365 sub already paid for. Am sure there are other free tools to do same job tho. The application is only a tool though, its changing our own behaviour thats the real fix.
                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                            Guys does anyone no a time management application that will organise tasks for me in order or urgency and importance?

Sorry if i'm not being clear. Using an excel doc to clear my stuff at the moment. There has to be something better.
                                                            Check out Wrike.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Every so often I think of selling up and moving to Donegal.... Mostly due to this house. https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...2-ee68/4089269
                                                              Had fun looking at this one yesterday: https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...6-nc59/3819582

My favourite road in Dublin, love the look of the mansions there. That back garden would be some craic to mow! At least you'd be warmed up for a game of tennis when done...

If you were gifted that house somehow, how much cash would you need each year just to keep it heated, maintained, etc...? You'd probably want €100k/annum minimum just to enjoy life there and keep it from regressing into a hovel!

Wouldn't mind moving to Palmerston Road either: https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...6-r2e7/4320581

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                Had fun looking at this one yesterday: https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...6-nc59/3819582

My favourite road in Dublin, love the look of the mansions there. That back garden would be some craic to mow! At least you'd be warmed up for a game of tennis when done...

If you were gifted that house somehow, how much cash would you need each year just to keep it heated, maintained, etc...? You'd probably want €100k/annum minimum just to enjoy life there and keep it from regressing into a hovel!

Wouldn't mind moving to Palmerston Road either: https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...6-r2e7/4320581
                                                                High Cross has been on and off the market for 5 years now. Often wondered why.

Comment

Stump up the extra few quid for this place imo:

Comment

Always thought this one would suit GAB...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      Stump up the extra few quid for this place imo:

https://www.sherryfitz.ie/buy/countr...d-dublin-30275
                                                                      Jesus, that is some pad! Off a horribly busy road though, that would put me off, won't be making an offer
                                                                      Last edited by ionapaul; 28-03-19, 12:22.

Comment

I often detest the style of a lot of those houses. My brother is looking at houses on this site mainly, more my style. https://www.themodernhouse.com/

Comment

Jesus, that is some pad! Off a horribly busy road though, that would put me off, won't be making an offer
                                                                          Ah it's not too busy out that far. Also its set back about 300 m from said road, with a forest for sound insulation!

Edit: now you mention it, it's just off 300 m the approach track for the main runway at Dublin. I'm out too.
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 28-03-19, 12:47.

Comment

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...dublin/4238473
                                                                            Wow, i grew up just down the road from that. Used to get chased out of the grounds riding bikes through there. The otherside of the wall faces out onto the estruary and its a local dogging spot

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                              Wow, i grew up just down the road from that. Used to get chased out of the grounds riding bikes through there. The otherside of the wall faces out onto the estruary and its a local dogging spot

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...dublin/4238473

Comment

Encouraging signs as I'm about to put our house in Kildare back on the market.
                                                                                I wanted to do it a bit earlier but two houses in the area went up in the past few months but both are gone sale agreed now.
                                                                                I didn't see much value in trying to compete as one was particularly nice and even closer to the motorway than mine.

Comment

Money certainly doesn't buy you taste that's for sure. God that gaff is awful. Wtf with that kitchen.

I'd gut the place.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Love, death & robots.

Just watched a couple of episodes and definitely delivers!

Sci fi, sex and gore. what else do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      Love, death & robots.

Just watched a couple of episodes and definitely delivers!

Sci fi, sex and gore. what else do you need?
                                                                                      An Aintree tipping competition maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                        An Aintree tipping competition maybe?
                                                                                        never heard of it, is that a new thing? can anyone join? you'd think they'd advertise if they wanted people to participate. smacks of ellitist horseshit!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                          I often detest the style of a lot of those houses. My brother is looking at houses on this site mainly, more my style. https://www.themodernhouse.com/
                                                                                          they are just like normal homes with an instagram filter
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                            never heard of it, is that a new thing? can anyone join? you'd think they'd advertise if they wanted people to participate. smacks of ellitist horseshit!
                                                                                            Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                              Guys does anyone know a time management application that will organise tasks for me in order or urgency and importance?

Trello is a textbook Kanban board style. I find it handy.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                Seems there's actually a decent path to Ken's custom union plan getting through, as SNP and LibDems abstained. But if they were faced with this or May's deal they would surely go for customs union.
                                                                                                an idea of where peoples bread is buttered

cliffs: tories are eating their young
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Downings is one of the nicest parts to move to, probably alongside Ramelton, with the balance of good road links, views, social scene, amenities. Gorgeous house for the Money.

Comment

Anyone got any useful phrases I can disguise myself with in Edinburgh this weekend?

Or is pointless and just wear the four-star blue whilst reminding uppity Munster fans exactly where Conway, Carberry and Beirne come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        I just use Todoist now. Found Trello to be way more complicated than needed, guess it depends how many moving parts there are per project.
                                                                                                        That looks excellent, I've just been using Google keep and sheets. The subtask and the way it takes in dates and other info with new items is great.

using a 6 month trial from https://todoist.com/redeem with TDSANEBOX2019 & SMALLSTEPS
                                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-03-19, 22:28.

Comment

and nobody knows for sure just
                                                                                                          how much will be taken in the daring
                                                                                                          pre-dawn Aintree comp at the Lufthansa
                                                                                                          cargo terminal at Lennon Airport.
                                                                                                          The Old Bill estimate two thousand euro.
                                                                                                          Port Authority police say four
                                                                                                          thousand euro, the city cops say
                                                                                                          five. How much maximum? That they
                                                                                                          won't say. So far, neither Hitchhiker or Raoul Duke III have
                                                                                                          said anything, but they've
                                                                                                          promised to break the silence
                                                                                                          soon with a press conference, and
                                                                                                          IPB will be there to cover it
                                                                                                          live from the scene of the heist
                                                                                                          at Aintree when they do. It looks like
                                                                                                          a big one. Maybe the biggest Aintree comp this
                                                                                                          forum has ever seen.
                                                                                                          Stay tuned...

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Last edited by rounders123; 28-03-19, 21:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone got any useful phrases I can disguise myself with in Edinburgh this weekend?

Or is pointless and just wear the four-star blue whilst reminding uppity Munster fans exactly where Conway, Carberry and Beirne come from?
                                                                                                            Got semi arrested on my stag there way back when for pissing on what im told was a Royal Grave neat whenst thd castle. Anyhoo "Roon the Toon" (not in a Newcastle accent) seems to suffice but i will refer you to our historical resident expert Emmett who is from Gick.

Edit better mention that when i went for a wizz this thing no more looked like a grave than my kitchen and twas only when the goon with the (fake?) 1800s rifle came bounding at me i started to wake up
                                                                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 28-03-19, 21:28.

Comment

I'm all about the pen and paper. The dotted Leuchtturm1917 is peak notebook.

I've been doing Bullet Journal for about 18 months and find it very effective. I was never able to keep up a computerised system for more than a week or two for whatever reason, analogue seems to work better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I've been doing Bullet Journal for about 18 months and find it very effective. I was never able to keep up a computerised system for more than a week or two for whatever reason, analogue seems to work better for me.
                                                                                                                Why the dots?
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  Why the dots?
                                                                                                                  Makes it very easy to draw boxes, diagrams etc.

Comment

I use a similar journal for the same reasons you've outlined.

https://www.scribblesthatmatter.com/collections/all I assume my one is a knock off version of yours but it's good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                      I use a similar journal for the same reasons you've outlined.

https://www.scribblesthatmatter.com/collections/all I assume my one is a knock off version of yours but it's good quality.
                                                                                                                      Looks perfect. At ~€20 they'd all want to be pretty good in fairness.

Comment

Use one of them too, it's cathartic. The neatness, the release as you cross completed things out. They're great. I still laugh about buying my first one. The girl in the fancy stationary place said it was the worst thing in the world that she had lost hers, completely solemn, as if she'd just lost her child. I apparently just stared at her like she was crazy and said nothing until she got really awkward and made the stupidest dying inside face. My gf could barely hold it in and couldn't stop laughing when we left.

Anyway, video about using them:

Hi, let me give you a brief overview of a method I invented that will help you track the past, organize the present, and plan for the future. I call it the B...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          Why the dots?
                                                                                                                          ...What's wrong with dots???...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X