Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Wish I'd never found out about the BBC Parliament channel. Think my crush on John Bercow has to be up there on the weirdness scale.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Watched some Hitler speeches last week. Was kinda genius the way he wouldn't mention the Jews by name, but everybody knew who he was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
            Watched some Hitler speeches last week. Was kinda genius the way he wouldn't mention the Jews by name, but everybody knew who he was talking about.
            I'm sure he meant the gays. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              It's going up within the limits allowed - presumably you're in a rental pressure zone?
              Yeah I'm actually grand compared to the other places I see, much better deal. What happens now is my rent goes up 4 percent every year.

Didnt realise how bad it is is all, last time I had a look was a year or so ago and it wasn't as bad then.

Comment

Comment

€1500 for a crappy one-bed (the alternatives now) does seem crazy.
                  Freaks the fuck out of me when I'm in sombodys office on Leeson Street, and I mostly remember it as a stoners student flat that cost about 30 pints a week.

Comment

We are moving towards using MS Teams for WhatsApp style group comms. Zero cost as such if someone has the office365 sub. Easier to manage in a business environment,WhatsApp is a free for all.
                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Still love that the price of a pint is my favourite unite of monetary measurement. I was so pissed when the pint went up to £1.67 and you were made to feel bad when buying 3 for a fiver.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                        I'm guessing I'm not the only one going to the D1 25th anniversary party tonight in Yamamori Tengu?

The exhibition of artworks/memorabilia in Hen's Teeth on Friday and Saturday was interesting and the record sounds good from what I've heard so far.

Lots of people from the old ie-dance mailing list playing and going and while D1 had a reputation for being somewhat po-faced ("no fun D1" as The Slate called them back in the day) I'm hoping tonight will be a great celebration of Dublin techno past and present.
                        If I was going anywhere tonight it'd be there but would take a lot to get me into the city centre on Paddy's night

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            BUMP.

There won't be an Aintree comp otherwise.
                            I'd love to say that I'd do it but I don't think I'll be able to. Have visitors at home and a release going live that week
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Any streams for the golf?
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Interesting that that of all the politicians who would be queuing up to comment, RTE dragged out Cathrine Murphy the non entity Social Democrats TD from Celbridge whose main role in life is as a stooge for the the O'Reilly's and other enemies Dennis O'Brien, to comment on the John Delaney giving a bridging loan to the FAI
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Dannydiamond messaged me and said he'd do it.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

lol, a winning combo.

Comment

Had a weird thing happen just now. Fell out with a mate of mine about 12 years ago. Fell out bad. His fault.

Patched it up after about a year or so and things have been grand since. We have never spoken about it.

He lives abroad, works for Russian oligarchs flying their private jets. (That adds nothing to this story, but it's cool so I included it) I rarely chat to him now one to one, every month or so.

Anyway, I hadn't thought about our falling out for years until earlier tonight, a few hours ago. Randomly came into my head.

He messaged me just there about something and we got chatting. He then randomly apologised for what happened 12 years ago.

Wtf? How mad is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            Had a weird thing happen just now. Fell out with a mate of mine about 12 years ago. Fell out bad. His fault.

Patched it up after about a year or so and things have been grand since. We have never spoken about it.

He lives abroad, works for Russian oligarchs flying their private jets. (That adds nothing to this story, but it's cool so I included it) I rarely chat to him now one to one, every month or so.

Anyway, I hadn't thought about our falling out for years until earlier tonight, a few hours ago. Randomly came into my head.

He messaged me just there about something and we got chatting. He then randomly apologised for what happened 12 years ago.

Wtf? How mad is that?
                                            ...Not random at all... He is involved with the Russians, so obviously hacked your brain and using it to his/their afvantsge...

Comment

Ha! Never thought of that.

Comment

Dale neski

That means donski inski
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Few beverages on board diminishing the cringe giving me courage to share. Will likely delete in the morn.

Started writing this song a couple of years back during the marriage ref. Played the work in progress on acoustic to my cousin and his mate one night at a jam session. My cousin is a guitarist, his mate an amateur producer.

They really liked it, although we were all pretty stoned. We decided to record it over a couple of sessions. Vocals and chord progressions are mine, I think I added a small bit of guitar but mostly that's my cousin and the percussion and synth are his mate.

It's unfinished and the '2nd verse' is just a loop of the first verse. Never got around to finishing it.

Would love honest feedback

Last edited by Lazare; 18-03-19, 01:46.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Not sure the link works. Clicked on it and got nothing anyway.
                                                        Let me know if this one works..

Edit, don't worry, I found a way of uploading it to SoundCloud
                                                        Last edited by Lazare; 18-03-19, 01:46.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Kind of think nothing should be beyond humour but that seems to be a dinosaur view now.
                                                          I generally agree but genuinely nasty ideas masquarding as ironic humour has been the springboard many have used to spread their ideas.
                                                          Also, it should actually be funny more than shocking in and of itself.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                            Some companies using it for corporate IM type stuff now. An employee moved from the marketing department of one Irish mobile provider to a competitor. Wasn't removed from the departments WhatsApps group of the company he left. They were confounded as to how the competitors were beating them to the punch on all offers.

(Warning: Could be urban legend.)
                                                            Considering the ubiquitous nature of slack, lync etc, that's unforgivable
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              removed in case you delete post... If not... It's up above folks
                                                              Laz, I love your songwriting style, short punchy rhyming couplets. This is a song I could very easily imagine being sung by someone like jermain clement (flight of the chonchords).
                                                              It's a clever idea and i really like the lyrics.
                                                              Maybe more scenarios to set different examples on the opening of each verse and use the setting to shape the verse.
                                                              World peace, perfect teeth
                                                              No fears, robot gondoliers
                                                              That kind of irreverent stuff ya know?
                                                              Also, I'm not sure but if you wrote this during the marriage ref it's shaping your 'earnestness' during the song? I don't think it needs the imploring tone....
                                                              Anyway enough shit from me, I'm off to wipe a bum from a shouting toddler
                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 18-03-19, 10:41.

Comment

Daughter was shouting at me to wipe her bum as I wrote the above.
                                                                I tell ya, its hard sometimes to keep the 'cutesy' mentality when your toddler drops a log in the potty that you would have to lie down after....

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                  We are moving towards using MS Teams for WhatsApp style group comms. Zero cost as such if someone has the office365 sub. Easier to manage in a business environment,WhatsApp is a free for all.
                                                                  In work we used to use Slack but use Teams now.. after a while of moaning about it I’ve become a fan

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    Laz, I love your songwriting style, short punchy rhyming couplets. This is a song I could very easily imagine being sung by someone like jermain clement (flight of the chonchords).
                                                                    It's a clever idea and i really like the lyrics.
                                                                    Maybe more scenarios to set different examples on the opening of each verse and use the setting to shape the verse.
                                                                    World peace, perfect teeth
                                                                    No fears, robot gondoliers
                                                                    That kind of irreverent stuff ya know?
                                                                    Also, I'm not sure but if you wrote this during the marriage ref it's shaping your 'earnestness' during the song? I don't think it needs the imploring tone....
                                                                    Anyway enough shit from me, I'm off to wipe a bum from a shouting toddler
                                                                    Cheers man

Good ideas. I'm terrible at finishing things like this. Am all in at the start fully engaged then something else shiny takes me away. Have to go back to it.

Interesting comment about the tone, it didn't have that originally, the lad producing coached me towards it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      Daughter was shouting at me to wipe her bum as I wrote the above.
                                                                      I tell ya, its hard sometimes to keep the 'cutesy' mentality when your toddler drops a log in the potty that you would have to lie down after....
                                                                      Haha, I'm always amazed at that. Like something Pavarotti would leave behind sometimes.

Comment

Comment

Comment

A staple on the playlist over the past couple of months. Apparently his rise is largely due to being picked up by spotify algorithms before ever releasing anything mainstream

The concert has finished at the Olympia and two young female attendees can be heard talking about the show they've just witnessed as they make their way to the exits. "In years to come we'll be able to say we saw him play here," one says. "Somewhere as intimate as this."

Comment

Paging AJ....

So i spent the last 15 mins trying and failing to figure out the Euro 2020 qualifiers but gave up.

Cliffs on what we have to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                Paging AJ....

So i spent the last 15 mins trying and failing to figure out the Euro 2020 qualifiers but gave up.

Finish top two in the group is really the only option. We were bottom in the Nations League and were (I think) 2nd worse out of all the teams that came bottom so for us to go through via a qualifier is too remote to even consider it as an option.

Obvs totally open to correction by AJ.

Comment

...
                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 18-03-19, 15:12.

Comment

Paging AJ....

Finish Top 2 in the group = qualification.

Failing that we will likely go into a 4 team playoff for 1 place.

Comment

Assuming we don't finish Top 2 in the group, to get a playoff spot we would look at the following list of Nations Cup rankings.

1. Bosnia
                                                                                      2. Ukraine
                                                                                      3. Denmark
                                                                                      4. Sweden
                                                                                      5. Russia
                                                                                      6. Austria
                                                                                      7. Wales
                                                                                      8. Czech Rep
                                                                                      9. Slovakia
                                                                                      10 Turkey
                                                                                      11. Republic of Ireland
                                                                                      12. Northern Ireland

To get to a 4 team play-off we would need 7 of the teams ranked above us to qualify automatically and thus they don't need to use their playoff spot. It probably will happen, some good teams in there.

But it's worth pointing out that the playoffs aren't home and away like before, the higher ranked teams will have home advantage in a one-off tie in the semi-final of the 4-team playoff. Coin-toss for the final.

Comment

With our low Nations League ranking there is also a possibility that we could be bumped up to a harder play-off against teams like Italy, Spain and Croatia if they happen to fail to qualify.
                                                                                        I usually lose my audience when I start to explain the technicalities of this though.

But basically the playoff option could be very tricky this time. Best to finish Top 2 in the group.

Comment

Bercow launched a grenade there - If I understood him correctly he won't allow a 3rd vote to take place.

Comment

Did something Brexity happen in the last hour? The markets seem to have taken a uniform dip around that stage.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  Bercow launched a grenade there - If I understood him correctly he won't allow a 3rd vote to take place.
                                                                                                  Bercow
                                                                                                  The unlikeliest of Brexit heroes

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    There's still approx 30 Grade A fruitloops amongst the Tories who would vote No anyway (even if May got the DUP onside) so it seems moot.

Bercow likes an auld showboat.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      Dale neski

That means donski inski
                                                                                                      This translates to 'thank you Hitch, I accept your terms and conditions'. In case that wasn't readily apparent.

Comment

Exercise a truly meaningful vote and sign up for the 2019 Aintree Tipping Comp.

In a surprise twist worthy of the Brexit pantomime, Hitch will be taking the leading role of Speaker of the House and running the whole shebang.

Bants! Totes!! Emojis!!!

Comment

Jesus I thought the spam might disappear for a while!

Comment

Love these on Twitter...

Comment

...

Comment

Love these on Twitter...

They’re great, what I thought was interesting was that Dublin today would have been the bigggest city in the world in ~1800. Hard to fathom that. Also I didn’t see China’s fall and re emergence coming so starkly.

Comment

Love these on Twitter...

...This one is class, the amount of spending the last 28 years in football...

Comment

Thinking about switching mobile phone provider, currently with 3 and they have a thing were you can use top up credit against Play Store purchases, I've a bunch of credit built up so I'm looking for recommendations on apps (any kind) that are worth purchasing for Android.
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                      ...This one is class, the amount of spending the last 28 years in football...

https://twitter.com/atulkasbekar/sta...743810560?s=20

Read to 20 to see who should be in the premier league today. You’d forget about the likes of Leeds

Comment

Anyone who still likes having a look at a bit of poker might see a certain IPB member in Brazil shortly (after the break)....

Welcome to PartyPokerTV, our official streaming channel! Catch all the highs and lows of our exciting Live poker coverage. Content is intended solely for those over the age of 18+ http://begambleaware.org/.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X