Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    14. seems a lot tbh
    Depends on how your lads start.

If you're ten points down at H-T, then it'll be smashed outta the park.

Even bet? I'll take the overs. Loser places the winners bet of choice at Cheltenham next week.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

13 with PP.

Being gamed by shraaaap here.

Comment

Is anyone continuing to monitor the crypto markets and general goings on?

A guy I know is gone back in relatively big in the past few days. He did well last time, not quite buying at the bottom and selling at the top but locked up profit.

The buzz has died down dramatically but Bitcoin still above 3k mark. Is there anything happening that would entice people back in?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          13 with PP.

Being gamed by shraaaap here.
          Lol, 13 on PP, just looked on oddschecker and wh offering 14.

Just stuck 20 with skybet. 7/1 seems just too big.

50 euros evens with you at 14.hc draw no bet?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
            Is anyone continuing to monitor the crypto markets and general goings on?

A guy I know is gone back in relatively big in the past few days. He did well last time, not quite buying at the bottom and selling at the top but locked up profit.

The buzz has died down dramatically but Bitcoin still above 3k mark. Is there anything happening that would entice people back in?
            Yeah watch the markets regularly. Problem with crypto in the last wave was that it was full of scammers and people just looking to get rich quick. Flood of new money has gone and 99% of the shitcoins still have no utility after how long? Volume on BTC is still really low and it's been bouncing between 3.2 - 4.5k for last 6 months chopping everyone up. Tested 4.1K a couple of times, I want to see it moving above 4.5k level and big increase in volume to consider buying again.

Comment

@ Situation, you lumping on France at 9/2?
              Absolutely not. They're atrocious on the road. When's the last time you beat a team ranked above you away? Its a shockingly long losing streak.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                Absolutely not. They're atrocious on the road. When's the last time you beat a team ranked above you away? Its a shockingly long losing streak.
                Obviously tongue in cheek, although at 7s it seems a bit big.

Really like the fact we've made no changes, so plenty of young guns in there. The fact you guys are a bit all over the shop this year seems like a good opportunity for an upset. Unlikely but would be great!

Comment

Where are they Playing the u20s? Don't recognise the stadium

Comment

Where are they Playing the u20s? Don't recognise the stadium
                    Independent Park in Cork I believe.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Mrs Lao Lao has had to go to Kerry for the funeral of an in-law at pretty short notice which is obviously quite sad. Won't be back until late Sunday or even Monday morning.

On the flip side, having the gaff to myself for the entire weekend is absolute bliss.

Just home from work, gin poured, feet up, pizza soon to be consumed, wine breathing.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          40 in April meself. Mrs is taking me to a mystery location in 3 weeks because that's the only time should could get a booking. All I know is it's not in Irl or the UK. Told her she wouldn't be able to top the trip I organised for her 30th (Heli into Monaco - staying in Hermitage - eating in Robuchon) and she said don't be so sure. Quite intrigued.
                          Decided I'd rather find out than be surprised. Going to Barcelona to eat in Lasarte, staying in the hotel that its in. Pretty excited for the 3-star debut. She wanted to go to Alinea but they refused to take an early booking even though we would have travelled 6000km for it!
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-03-19, 21:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                            Independent Park in Cork I believe.
                            Musgrave's park you heathen

Name changes can feck off

Comment

Lol, 13 on PP, just looked on oddschecker and wh offering 14.

Just stuck 20 with skybet. 7/1 seems just too big.

50 euros evens with you at 14.hc draw no bet?
                              BOOKED.

Sorry was at dinner\theatre. Good luck*.

SPOILER
                              you cheese-eating surrender monkey

Comment

So, speaking of theatre, had an absolutely wonderful experience in Smock Alley this evening. Fellow IPBer in tow.

There's two more nights of this show on. Five-star recommendation. Go.

Comment

Presume this guy will be the standout of be other voices new season, when you see the state of some of the Irish acts being pushed and this guy still relatively under radar

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    At least it's not actively embarrassing, I suppose. Irish Eurovision entry.

https://youtu.be/RLF2CfiSAFU
                                    She couldn't even make it @ San Marino.

This is worse than the Declan Rice saga.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      https://youtu.be/Bw9dK3DB4xs

Presume this guy will be the standout of be other voices new season, when you see the state of some of the Irish acts being pushed and this guy still relatively under radar

https://youtu.be/URiidQ7tLwE

V nice.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Not quite my thing, but can appreciate his talent

For me, Columbia Mills were superb

S P O T I F Y: http://tiny.cc/3k08ezI N S T A G R A M: http://tiny.cc/4o08ezT W I T T E R : http://tiny.cc/1t08ezF A C E B O O K: https://www.facebook.com/c...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also. thought that Kitt Philipa was excellent

"Human" by Kitt PhilippaSubscribe for more: https://bit.ly/2JSJdi5 Spotify - https://spoti.fi/2lmHQcQiTunes - https://apple.co/2K627yi This creative project ...

"Grace" by Kitt PhilippaSubscribe for more: https://bit.ly/2JSJdi5Spotify - https://sptfy.com/1ayOiTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/grace-single/143...

And Mango x Mathman was a new one for me but they were pretty savage. Buzzin and Rapih were the two tracks they played

Comment

I can see DeadParrot putting in an order 😁

Half price sale here - https://www.qwertee.com/shop?sort=popular&ref=fb

Comment

Francois has already given us some golden moments but this is a new highlight.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

I assume a few people have caught the new Michael Jackson documentary on C4.

I watched the first episode last night, pretty graphic details thus far.
                                                It certainly appears that the documentary has the potential to do far more damage to his reputation and his estate than any previous allegations put forth.

Perhaps a combination of both the salience of the details and other recent high profile convictions/allegations have made radio stations and alike act with more to follow.
                                                Worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Comment

I assume a few people have caught the new Michael Jackson documentary on C4.

I watched the first episode last night, pretty graphic details thus far.
                                                  It certainly appears that the documentary has the potential to do far more damage to his reputation and his estate than any previous allegations put forth.

Perhaps a combination of both the salience of the details and other recent high profile convictions/allegations have made radio stations and alike act with more to follow.
                                                  Worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it.
                                                  Whatever about his innocence/guilt its shocking how many parents out there lack any sort of awareness of danger or perhaps just don't give a fuck. Similar to Abducted in plain sight you're just watching in disbelief at how blase they are at recounting the stories of how they let their children sleep with grown men, very uncomfortable watching.

As a complete aside i find it very hard to watch any Ricky Gervais shows anymore. The new one is his most puke inducing yet. They're just so formulaic and deliberate and he's so desperate to ram morals down your throat in the most obvious fashion possible, throw in a cute dog and some helpless old people for some contrived sad moments and its basically the same show rehashed over and over.
                                                  The office amd Extras were excellent but he's just pandering to the lowset common denomonator nowadays.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

As a complete aside i find it very hard to watch any Ricky Gervais shows anymore. The new one is his most puke inducing yet. They're just so formulaic and deliberate and he's so desperate to ram morals down your throat in the most obvious fashion possible, throw in a cute dog and some helpless old people for some contrived sad moments and its basically the same show rehashed over and over.
                                                      The office amd Extras were excellent but he's just pandering to the lowset common denomonator nowadays.
                                                      He's been absolutely terrible since he fell out with Stephen Merchant. Think he needs a co-writer to rein in the smug superiority and cheesiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        I can see DeadParrot putting in an order 😁

Half price sale here - https://www.qwertee.com/shop?sort=popular&ref=fb
                                                        Can't find the half price?
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Whatever about his innocence/guilt its shocking how many parents out there lack any sort of awareness of danger or perhaps just don't give a fuck. Similar to Abducted in plain sight you're just watching in disbelief at how blase they are at recounting the stories of how they let their children sleep with grown men, very uncomfortable watching.

Exactly they are two of the most recent true story type series I've watched and as you said in both cases the naivety/carelessness of the parents Is astonishing. I think it's one of the things most people have found to be incredible about both.

I haven't watched lots of Gervais but listening to a guy give a review of Merchants new wrestling film. He mentioned it's becoming quite evident in light of both of their individual efforts that Merchant brought an awful lot more to the party than he was originally given credit for.

Comment

Feel Scotland are the value here at 2/1. Since start of 2016 six nations, in games between sides excluding italy theres only been 8 away wins from 36 matchups, home teams have far exceeded expectation. Also think they're not as bad as their results have shown this year and Wales aren't quite as good as there's, don't think that's a Grandslam winning quality side, so potentially looking at the tightest and most competitive game of this years championship.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              Can't find the half price?
                                                              When i posted on phone this morning, everything that was €16 was crossed off and showing as €8 for 24 hours but it's not showing for me now either

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about the Ethiopian food Tar. Think I'm a long way from being a convert to vegan. Meal was peculiar in spots, injera to food ratio was like eating a Sunday roast off a side plate!

Comment

You may not be aware of this but there is actually an IPB Cheltenham Tipping Competition taking place next week. It's low profile and hasn't really been advertised extensively but it's the kind of thing that a website for gamblers might enjoy.

Just thought I would post the tip.

Comment

Exactly they are two of the most recent true story type series I've watched and as you said in both cases the naivety/carelessness of the parents Is astonishing. I think it's one of the things most people have found to be incredible about both.

I haven't watched lots of Gervais but listening to a guy give a review of Merchants new wrestling film. He mentioned it's becoming quite evident in light of both of their individual efforts that Merchant brought an awful lot more to the party than he was originally given credit for.
                                                                    The XFM radio show that the three of them (with Karl Pilkinton) was absolutely brilliant, and its clear from listening to it that Merchant was really the brains of the operation. Kind of like Larry David to Seinfeld, he reins in Gervaises worst impulses.

Comment

Had a really good chat with Peter in The Corkscrew today and a few tastings of some of their new wines. The man is an absolute gent.

They've taken the upstairs of the premises and are going to use it for tastings and events. They are also toying with the idea of being able to buy a bottle in the shop (or by the glass) and pop upstairs are sip away to your hearts content after a cheese and charcuterie board. Would be a great addition to the city.

Below is one of their first events, any IPB interest?

Comment

Scary amount of errors in this match. Scots camped in the Welsh 22 all half, still cant get it done
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Unlucky, the Scots just didn't have the composure to follow through on the great chance they had

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            Thanks for the heads up about the Ethiopian food Tar. Think I'm a long way from being a convert to vegan. Meal was peculiar in spots, injera to food ratio was like eating a Sunday roast off a side plate!
                                                                            That's a pity, unlimited injera is essential for Ethiopian food. It really doesn't suit a 3 course meal format either imo.

Last time I was at an actually Ethiopian place it was all just served at once, all you can eat.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 09-03-19, 16:16.

Comment

...

Comment

Under 20s match was very entertaining.

Comment

Top class Twitter update from Berwick Rangers!

Comment

Really disliked injera when had it in the local Ethiopian restaurant. Found all the food fairly manky to be honest. Although it's a sample size of one.
                                                                                    I tried Ethiopian for the first time last weekend in Borough market. I thought it was really nice, veggie option and you wouldn't miss the meat. I'd agree on the Injera bread though, similar texture to a bad pancake

Comment

Really disliked injera when had it in the local Ethiopian restaurant. Found all the food fairly manky to be honest. Although it's a sample size of one.
                                                                                      Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      That's a pity, unlimited injera is essential for Ethiopian food. It really doesn't suit a 3 course meal format either imo.

Last time I was at an actually Ethiopian place it was all just served at once, all you can eat.
                                                                                      When the first course is this it works fairly well

Comment

Looks desiccated. Having a good laugh at the hissy fit of the chef over a vegan pie winning top accolade in a British comp.
                                                                                        A vegan pie has sparked outrage after winning a top food award, with a leading chef branding the butternut squash creation “a disgrace”.

Comment

...

Comment

There's a bit of variance in injera, not sure how well it travels unless there's a big diaspora (Israel/Washington are meant to be great) everything I had over there was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                              Looks desiccated. Having a good laugh at the hissy fit of the chef over a vegan pie winning top accolade in a British comp.
                                                                                              https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ulinary-elite/
                                                                                              Was lovely and juicy but not as nice as the fresh brill with leeks and white turnips from the garden I just cooked and ate for my dinner. As I was eating it I was musing to myself on the function of the little rice shaped muscles in the wings and how wonderfully delicious they are and reflecting also on the rampant society wide mental contagion that is fooling bewildered youngsters into thinking there is something wrong about eating this bountiful harvest of the sea

If Zuut gets anything half as nice at his million dollar meal in Spain he'll be doing well!
                                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 09-03-19, 19:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                There's a bit of variance in injera, not sure how well it travels unless there's a big diaspora (Israel/Washington are meant to be great) everything I had over there was great.
                                                                                                Yeah I can't imagine it being top notch in Ireland or somewhere, like even at that restaurant you were at, how many times can they have made it ever? The Ethiopian place I was at it was so good since ya know, Ethiopians. Bit of a difference following a recipe instead of making your own cultural food.

Had Ethiopian coffee there too at a coffee ceremony, completely unlike normal coffee, not a hint of bitterness.

Comment

Any back story to why West Brom sacked Darren Moore with them sitting 4th in the Championship, other than a 'poor' run of form?

9 points behind 2nd, and 7 points clear of 7th with 10 games left. Seems a little bizarre?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    Any back story to why West Brom sacked Darren Moore with them sitting 4th in the Championship, other than a 'poor' run of form?

9 points behind 2nd, and 7 points clear of 7th with 10 games left. Seems a little bizarre?
                                                                                                    Cos hes black.

Tbh I dont know and it does seem strange to say the least. Their form isn't even that poor. Last 7 games have gone WDWWLLD. If that form got managers sacked there would be sackings every few weeks.

Comment

Went to umpire match. Promised to be back by 7.

Now 6 punts deep and going for injun food. In tracksuits. Pray for mojo.

Comment

I don't think the WBA board wanted to appoint him in the first place - he was a caretaker who excelled in the games when they were already effectively relegated.
                                                                                                        Fan power meant they really had to give him a chance this season, but he always looked vulnerable to the first blip.

Comment

If herself gives out, just retort with

'Didn't I buy you a new gaff, what more do you want?'

Always goes down well

Comment

Banned. Again.

Comment

Finally got round to seeing spring breakers last night, what a hot mess of a flick
                                                                                                              This scene is a masterpiece

Comment

Badly Dressed Footballers is a fun Twitter handle..

Comment

Reminds me of a funny thing that happened in the Emporium one night.

Arsenal were playing on the wall screens. Someone asked who scored and the lad with the action on him said 'Reyes'

Guy next to him said 'Re-raise'

Comment

...

Comment

X % of y = y % of x

7% of 50 = 50% of 7 = 3.5

Fk my maths teacher.

Comment

Finally got round to seeing spring breakers last night, what a hot mess of a flick
                                                                                                                        This scene is a masterpiece
                                                                                                                        https://youtu.be/kD8hbg67u5c
                                                                                                                        I watched that film outdoors on a beach, at night in summer in Amsterdam. I was over visiting my girlfriend and we got a ferry over to where it was. They give you wireless soundproof headphones, there's a full bar, you're all lying out on some comfy seat things, half lying down but angled enough to see the screen well. There was also a kitten running around between people for some reason. That scene/film was amazing when you're drunk and high as fuck. I remember that scene in particular, brilliant, the sound of the song was so crisp in the headphones and I could have died there elated.

Film wasn't as good on rewatch.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-03-19, 00:14.

Comment

Also, watched the new spider-man into the spiderverse film today, and the newish harry potter. Harry Potter was hot garbage but Spider-man was class, can see why it won and oscar. Maybe the only Marvel film that is good.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X