Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
    How many episodes do they do over the course of the show seeing as it's pushed to 50 days?

Was that the season with Jackie Glazer? Zigmund was the Finnish version last year not sure how he got on.
    They do 25 episodes, but the episodes are quite long. 1h +

I was actually thinking of season 37 David vs goliath, where the gameplay was some of the best I'd seen.

Comment

What about Warren don't you like? Anytime I've seen her pop up in a documentary she always came across very well.
      It's not that I don't like her per se.

I think she would be a terrible pick as the Dem candidate.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        Planning a trip to Scotland - plan to fly to Glasgow and rent a car and drive through the highlands... Where should I have on my list of places to visit/do? Places to pitch up overnight? TY.
        Edinburgh is well worth a couple of days poking about in.

Comment

Planning a trip to Scotland - plan to fly to Glasgow and rent a car and drive through the highlands... Where should I have on my list of places to visit/do? Places to pitch up overnight? TY.
          ou'll take the high road

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
          When you drive out of the airport, turn right, right and right again. Drive back into the airport and get on a plane to Spain.
          and he'll take the low road

Comment

Quick question for the BBV collective, got a new TV until and the cable for the Horizon box isn't long enough to reach the back of it, can a cable be sourced or is it a specific one needed from Virgin Media?
            Can you not move them closer together? I bet you didn't think of that.

Comment

Have one of the Irish womens coaches coming to train the kids I coach tomorrow, complete with World Cup silver medal.

Hopefully this will be the tipping point in my ongoing battle to convince the little feckers that hockey >>> camogie.

Comment

A jockey is riding the hot favourite in the big race at the Leopardstown Christmas festival. With three to jump he has the leader in his sights and the rest are miles behind. However, as they jump the third last the other jockey throws a baked ham at his mount. The horse swerves and loses several lengths but they make it up and are back upsides going to the second last. The other jockey then throws a tin of Quality Street at him. The fav is badly spooked but again manages to catch up and is neck and neck going to the last.
                At this point, the other jockey throws an assortment of cheese, a Christmas pudding and a bottle of Baileys at the fav. The fav is blinded by the Baileys but heroically responds to his jockey's urgings only to be pipped on the line by a nose.
                Furious the jockey of the runner-up marches into the stewards room to lodge an objection.
                'On what grounds?' enquires the Chief Steward.

"I was badly hampered."

Sign up for the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp today or, so help me God, there'll be more of this. €1,050 in the pit to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                  It's not exactly representative of this shift but I was surprised when my boss told me he went into a car dealer recently with 18k cash along with his own car for trade in and the salesman told him he didn't want the cash.

He told him to come back after he lodged it into his account.
                  I know there is additional fees when lodging cash but car dealerships were historically known for the "Cash is King" mantra.

A new car is the 2nd largest purchase of most people's life so the idea that it shifts to online retail still seems relatively far away.
                  I've bought two cars online without ever seeing them. One from Japan and another from the UK.

I imagine main dealers arent interested in cash anymore. Frankly from what I've seen the "sales" people are little more than order takers. If you boss walked into anyone else they might be more ameanable. The issue was likely the amount when you consider the anti money laundering laws, etc.
                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                    Which cable danny? The HDMI?
                    Not the HDMI the cable that comes in from the outside like a coaxial.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    They do 25 episodes, but the episodes are quite long. 1h +

I was actually thinking of season 37 David vs goliath, where the gameplay was some of the best I'd seen.
                    Yeah that was a very good season, I also liked the one previous to that Ghost Island.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    It's not that I don't like her per se.

I think she would be a terrible pick as the Dem candidate.
                    Who's your pick so far? I think the DNA test thing would just constantly hammered like Clinton and the emails. Her involvement with the CFPB is some good policy building.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Can you not move them closer together? I bet you didn't think of that.
                    I did (current setup) it's not good long term as the box has a specific spot in the middle of the TV unit.
                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Who's your pick so far? I think the DNA test thing would just constantly hammered like Clinton and the emails. Her involvement with the CFPB is some good policy building.
                      For the Dems? No-one has yet really captured the imagination in a positive sense for me.

The ideal candidate should be male, white and 45-55. From a swing state or a southern one. Ideally a State Governor. He should have good hair and a pretty, silent wife and some photogenic kids. Some military service would help.

(Yes^^, this is all pretty antediluvian but that's what will play in the places that decide the election).

Comment

Not the HDMI the cable that comes in from the outside like a coaxial. .

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                          I've bought two cars online without ever seeing them. One from Japan and another from the UK.

I imagine main dealers arent interested in cash anymore. Frankly from what I've seen the "sales" people are little more than order takers. If you boss walked into anyone else they might be more ameanable. The issue was likely the amount when you consider the anti money laundering laws, etc.
                          My SERA is still alive. Gave it to a friend who almost has it ready for the NCT. 15 years since I bought it Still probably my favourite car that I ever owned.

Comment

Have one of the Irish womens coaches coming to train the kids I coach tomorrow, complete with World Cup silver medal.

Hopefully this will be the tipping point in my ongoing battle to convince the little feckers that hockey >>> camogie.
                            I was in the gaff in Foxrock of the owners of Softco the firm that sponsor the Irish team earlier this week.

Some house. Sound folk considering.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I have no experience of playing either and maybe they're great craic, but in terms of spectator enjoyment hockey and netball are locked in a battle for last place.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                I have no experience of playing either and maybe they're great craic, but in terms of spectator enjoyment hockey and netball are locked in a battle for last place.
                                Hockey is too technical. Very hard for someone who hasn't played to understand wtf is going on. The ball is too small, the pace is too fast and the stickwork is too intricate.

Lower-grade stuff is actually easier to follow. The international class game goes at an insane pace now with the auto-pass (i.e. you can take a free to yourself).

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  I was in the gaff in Foxrock of the owners of Softco the firm that sponsor the Irish team earlier this week.

Some house. Sound folk considering.
                                  Imagine they didn't have to fork over much cash either - great exposure for them.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

^^ I'm not sure if they have added more dates or if tickets have been released back for sale but I just picked up 2 for the 2nd row on Wednesday night. Should be a cracking evening for anyone so inclined to their style of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w7cjXAtpJ4
                                      Their song Samhradh Samhradh is a thing of absolute beauty.

Enjoy.

Comment

My SERA is still alive. Gave it to a friend who almost has it ready for the NCT. 15 years since I bought it Still probably my favourite car that I ever owned.

Nice! Last I saw mine half the paint was missing from the bonnet! I assume it's long dead by now.
                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Cripple of innishman is very good. For anyone that hasn't seen it, its finishing next Saturday.

Comment

Hockey is too technical. Very hard for someone who hasn't played to understand wtf is going on. The ball is too small, the pace is too fast and the stickwork is too intricate.

Lower-grade stuff is actually easier to follow. The international class game goes at an insane pace now with the auto-pass (i.e. you can take a free to yourself).

speaking of Hockey , Mia scored 2 goals 2 weeks ago . Picking up the game nicely. Being able to play Camoige must be of some help

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

We're just back after seeing The Book of Mormon in Prince of Wales.
                                              It was my first musical so I have nothing to compare it to but I thought it was brilliant.
                                              Well worth a visit for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                speaking of Hockey , Mia scored 2 goals 2 weeks ago . Picking up the game nicely. Being able to play Camoige must be of some help

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                Played with her Dad (Ali Meeke's) when I was very young. She's originally from our club, some player.

Tell Mia to stick at it, I'd say a good % of the international squad are from non-traditional hockey backgrounds.
                                                If you're Irish international class or even slightly below, you're pretty much guaranteed a full scholarship to one of the top American universities (Duke, Harvard etc). Probably the biggest benefit you could ever get from the game. Easily worth 100k p.a.

Comment

We're just back after seeing The Book of Mormon in Prince of Wales.
                                                  It was my first musical so I have nothing to compare it to but I thought it was brilliant.
                                                  Well worth a visit for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
                                                  Saw it in same place last year. Cracking show.

Coming back through airport to Calgary and there was some missionaries on their way out. Good lol. Religion is weird.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Played with her Dad (Ali Meeke's) when I was very young. She's originally from our club, some player.

Tell Mia to stick at it, I'd say a good % of the international squad are from non-traditional hockey backgrounds.
                                                      If you're Irish international class or even slightly below, you're pretty much guaranteed a full scholarship to one of the top American universities (Duke, Harvard etc). Probably the biggest benefit you could ever get from the game. Easily worth 100k p.a.
                                                      I think it's such an underutilized path by young athletes in Ireland. I know a few who went down the US university route with basketball but it's a sport that's extremely difficult to break into at the top level.
                                                      If you have the right guidance and pick a school more strategically based on the academics it offers such a fantastic opportunity.

My mates bro got a full tennis scholarship to a school, realised pretty early on he wasn't going pro and focused on coaching.
                                                      He recently took up a role as an assistant tennis coach in an Ivy league school, close to non-pro dream scenario in many respects.

Comment

For the Dems? No-one has yet really captured the imagination in a positive sense for me.

The ideal candidate should be male, white and 45-55. From a swing state or a southern one. Ideally a State Governor. He should have good hair and a pretty, silent wife and some photogenic kids. Some military service would help.

(Yes^^, this is all pretty antediluvian but that's what will play in the places that decide the election).
                                                        Beto surely?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                          Beto surely?
                                                          He hasn't done a lot. 'Failed senatorial candidate' isn't much of a resume.

Comment

He fits your other metrics and I'd say he pushed Cruz about as close as possible. GOP also failed to find much dirt on him other than having been in a band when he was younger.

Comment

Been a really satisfying week watching Celtic supporters throwing their toys out of the pram over Rodgers leaving, the sense of entitlement and expectation that staying in a nothing league winning meaningless titles should be enough for him is something else
                                                              All the talk about the treble treble as if it means anything

Comment

Enjoyed a couple of nights here a few years back...

The very best Hotel and Restaurant in Perthshire, with TV coverage from award winning Michelin star chef Tom Kerridge, come and enjoy our beautiful hotel and restaurant and the sunning scenery and day out experiences close by around Perthshire.

If in Edinburgh this is a nice place to eat

If in the vicinity of Gleneagles Restaurant Andrew Fairlie is well worth a visit

Restaurant Andrew Fairlie is an award-winning establishment, hidden within the heart of the world famous Gleneagles hotel. Find out more about the Andrew Fairlie dining experience here.

Comment

Oh oooh 7.

It is one of the most prestigious roles in cinema and the battle to replace Daniel Craig as the next James Bond is on following Craig's confirmation that he will be playing the role just one more time.

Comment

Did 2 weeks around Scotland last year, favourite place we stayed was this Country Inn

Nothing for miles around, so went for a 3/4 hour hike around and then came back and ate drank and chilled at the house for the evening. Was pretty special tbh.

Did quite a bit of isolation (R&R) type touristing. Couple of days of no internet, no real neighbours and just wandering around hills was pretty good for the soul. Got a random cottage near Helmsdale for a couple of nights which fit that bill perfectly.
                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 03-03-19, 10:31. Reason: excellent typo

Comment

GABS question. Toured Scotland years ago. Head up by Loch Lomond then Ness I think the toll bridge to the highlands is gone now but cool bridge. . . I forget the town we stayed in the highlands . Great sea food. Came back down via Perth Stunning trip and scenery Head further down via Stirling . Nice town . The Wallace tower has a great view of the former battlefields bannockburn (spell) .
                                                                      Deffo do a boat trip on the Lochs. So many routes though . We started and finished in Edinburgh.

Hmm not much help there lol but I wish to convey envy.

Comment

Comment

My only tip about the Highlands is 'don't go in summer'.

Midge central. Got eaten alive there before!

Comment

That was great.

We did a Q&A at the end and the look on their faces when I said 'have you got anything to show us?' and he pulled out a World Cup silver medal and let the girls try it on.

Comment

Thanks very much, Gents. I don't intend going via Edinburgh, can do that any time. I was planning on 4 nights but my research is telling me I need to extend that out a bit.
                                                                              I'd agree if you can afford to take the time don't rush it. Spectacular place, awesome farm to fork food, fascinating history and great people (even the spartan religious edge of some places feels right in context).

You could do worse than packing the tweeds, finding a castle or lodge to stay in, hiring a gillie for fishing or doing some deer hunting if you fancy going 'full royal'.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                Cheers, this sort of service is exactly what I was looking for. Just ordered the test, I'll post here about how I get on.

Comment

Snow is proper chucking down. Starting to stick a bit too.

Comment

Nice to see some decent ads on BT in between all the awful betting company ones (“the hunch” ads along with in betweeners guy lad roles ads current most tilting ones
                                                                                    1st one the best obv
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 03-03-19, 17:45.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                      Nice to see some decent ads on BT in between all the awful betting company ones (“the hunch” ads along with in betweeners guy lad roles ads current most tilting ones
                                                                                      1st one the best obv
                                                                                      I've heard a rumour that they will soon all be banned so there is an element of draining the budget already signed off going on.
                                                                                      At least that's the rumour.
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                        Snow is proper chucking down. Starting to stick a bit too.
                                                                                        Get the bread in
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          My boss, under the illusion that I know anything about technology, asked me whether it was worth paying the bit extra for a Dell U2715H screen vs the BenQ PD2700Q.

Would anyone have any knowledge of screens in order to make me look smart?
                                                                                          The BenQ has a much better response rate so if he's planning on gaming get that one. If it's for graphical work where vibrance or sharpness is important then pay the extra for the Dell. Otherwise the BenQ would be fine.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                            hiring a gillie for fishing or doing some deer hunting if you fancy going 'full royal'.
                                                                                            I was aghast at the deer hunting suggestion until I read this news report:

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              https://www.buzz.ie/news/ireland-war...-humans-319088
                                                                                              I never knew there was a need for a regular deer cull in Ireland. That said a mate wrote off his van recently after knocking down a fawn on the motorway.

Comment

...

Comment

Sour Grapes on Netflix.

RD3 and other Wine Wankers all over the place!

Comment

Yea its brilliant.

Comment

Yea its brilliant.
                                                                                                      Would you have any additional insight into the likelihood that my flight gets out of Gatwick and into Dublin tonight?

5pm flight was cancelled, 7pm has been delayed but our flight scheduled for 9pm has no additional update.

No, Ryanair was impacted too, BA, Ryanair & Aer Lingus have delayed all their approx 7pm flights till after 9pm but Ryanair had a 5.45 flight get out at 7.15
                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 03-03-19, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                        https://www.buzz.ie/news/ireland-war...-humans-319088
                                                                                                        Anthony Bourdain did a great segment about deer hunting when he was in Scotland

I never knew there was a need for a regular deer cull in Ireland. That said a mate wrote off his van recently after knocking down a fawn on the motorway.
                                                                                                        Yeah there was uproar about a recent cull, think they were used for consumption though

Comment

You fawkers

Comment

Would you have any additional insight into the likelihood that my flight gets out of Gatwick and into Dublin tonight?

5pm flight was cancelled, 7pm has been delayed but our flight scheduled for 9pm has no additional update.

No, Ryanair was impacted too, BA, Ryanair & Aer Lingus have delayed all their approx 7pm flights till after 9pm but Ryanair had a 5.45 flight get out at 7.15
                                                                                                            The place is fucked because they only have one deice truck and they weren't expecting this. Also I believe one of the navigation aids was out of service so its all backed up. I wouldn't like to guess, but will be a long delay at best I'd say.

Comment

The place is fucked because they only have one deice truck and they weren't expecting this. Also I believe one of the navigation aids was out of service so its all backed up. I wouldn't like to guess, but will be a long delay at best I'd say.
                                                                                                              Nice one thanks for that. Delayed till 12.45 currently so fingers crossed we get out tonight

Comment

Pretty sure there's so many now that they're commonly regarded as pests.

Comment

The Queen was showing the Archbishop of Canterbury around the royal stable, when one of the stallions close by farted so loudly it couldn't be ignored. "Oh dear," said the Queen, "How embarrassing. I'm frightfully sorry about that."
                                                                                                                  "It's quite understandable," said the Archbishop, and after a moment, added, "as a matter of fact I thought it was the horse."

Just over a week to go and many of the regs still to sign up...still a very respectable €1,100 to play for in the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp. My guess is we get close to 2k.

You could buy a butchered deer carcass, a case of fake plonk and a ride in zuutroph's flying machine for that.

Comment

Sour Grapes on Netflix.

RD3 and other Wine Wankers all over the place!
                                                                                                                    I enjoyed this immensely. With a couple of glasses of £6 Aldi Malbec.

Comment

I was recently at a public consultation day for a development in the midlands and a couple of people were concerned about how it would impact on hunting in the vicinty of the bogs about the place. Seemed they shoot deer and other stuff and going after badgers during the night also another popular pursuit. Did ask one of them did they need licences for that but was laughed off!

Comment

I did too. Likeable characters all around, including villain.

Comment

Have seen before but am watching again it was so good.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X