Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Have you started on Survivor yet young man?
    I have and its as boring as watching paint dry.

Albeit just the one, but if that doesn't grab you with characters or bikinis...whats the point.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

For me, 8pm to 9.30pm out in the kitchen, kids tucked in and John Creedon on the radio is absolute heaven. Couple of beers some nights.
      Knife in hand. Cooker blazing. Chopping onions, chopping herbs, pots bubbling. That's bliss to me.

For a lot of people dinner is something you get over with so you can enjoy your evening. For me dinner is the evening.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Best of luck with Mrs H ass surgery...pass on my good wishes please.

I had a hemorrhoid once...not a laughing matter.

A hot bath sorted me though...obviously women are plumbed differently, carry on..
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

I think it's having kids that cause hemaroids particularly badly. You're kinda tempting me to look them up but am going to resist that temptation.
                  Look them up...include graphic and bleeding in the search words...cant put a price on empathy(ish).
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    The parents were late eaters also ?...no doubt that's where it stems from.
                    Purely a logistics issue.
                    I don't get home from work until 7ish. Which is too late for a 3 year old to be eating.
                    I get a max of two hours chasing around after the young wan and entertaining a rehash of the day from the wife and father in law.
                    Then either a nice easy night putting her to sleep or an insane night of stories, songs, holdy handy and minds until 10 or whatever.
                    Then dipping bread into anything runnier than bread before collapsing into bed after spending an hour or so with the father in law choosing an action movie to watch that he and I have seen at least a dozen times before.
                    Boiling pots, gastro adventures beers and herbs indeed
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I think it's having kids that cause hemaroids particularly badly. You're kinda tempting me to look them up but am going to resist that temptation.
                      Yup. Wife's OB advised to wait until done having kids to get any issues sorted as it will just come back anyway!
                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

My Dad is housebound at the minute. Loves a punt so got him Sky and a nice Telly setup. What's my best play for the racing? There is a channel called sky racing already in package and there seems to be another called racinguk. What does the premium one do t'other doesnt? Lives in Ni if that makes a difference.
                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                          My Dad is housebound at the minute. Loves a punt so got him Sky and a nice Telly setup. What's my best play for the racing? There is a channel called sky racing already in package and there seems to be another called racinguk. What does the premium one do t'other doesnt? Lives in Ni if that makes a difference.
                          Racing uk (racing TV) seems to have most if not all the premium courses and has exclusive rights on All Irish racing.
                          It's a separate subscription though
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

You can see why they are terrified of her.
                            She's got a big future

Comment

Happy Birthday DP

Will be in town from about 5pm pre Fitz EOM if u fancy a swift birthday drink on me on your way home

Comment

If you open him up a sky bet account u can get 6 months free . I had to make a few calls to get it going but I have it now working fine free for 6 months .

sigpic
                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

If you google both you will see what courses they both cover - Racing TV has all the Irish Racing now. Between the two you have everything covered. (basically they cover half-ish each so depends what race meetings are on each day as to what channel has racing on)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Happy Birthday DP

Will be in town from about 5pm pre Fitz EOM if u fancy a swift birthday drink on me on your way home
                                    Cheers man.
                                    Probably the cause of my maudlin post above. 38 ffs
                                    Am in wexford atm so will need to raincheck the pint offer. But will surely take you up another time

Comment

40 in April meself. Mrs is taking me to a mystery location in 3 weeks because that's the only time should could get a booking. All I know is it's not in Irl or the UK. Told her she wouldn't be able to top the trip I organised for her 30th (Heli into Monaco - staying in Hermitage - eating in Robuchon) and she said don't be so sure. Quite intrigued.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        40 in April meself. Mrs is taking me to a mystery location in 3 weeks because that's the only time should could get a booking. All I know is it's not in Irl or the UK. Told her she wouldn't be able to top the trip I organised for her 30th (Heli into Monaco - staying in Hermitage - eating in Robuchon) and she said don't be so sure. Quite intrigued.
                                        40 year old internationally jet setting physics professor with his own airplane is nothing to sniff at

Exceedingly immature 38 year old coder on the other hand...

Comment

My speech was OK. Was pretty obv microphone was shaking in my hand. But held it together. I didn't win however the big boss came over to me at dinner and said I was very good and did a fantastic job.That alone was a big thing for me.

It was based on 3 things you can do to make your store a better place to work in 2019. Mine was based on health happiness and wellbeing.. And to do a 3 min dance excerise on Friday at 12pm etc
                                          Every other store had 2 to 3 presenting. I was alone and absolutely Shitting it. Ah fuck it tis done now. The day was a Good laugh all the same.

Winner was brill tbf. A loyalty card that they actually had printed with them. With 3 circles 1,2,3 Tea, coffee, bun pic beside them. So if your colleague did something for you ie put a call back through for you, you would reward them.
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            40 year old internationally jet setting physics professor with his own airplane is nothing to sniff at

Exceedingly immature 38 year old coder on the other hand...
                                            The worst thing about having a plane is that people overestimate how much money you have by a fucking mile.
                                            My income basically gets divided as 45% household, 25% lunch and beer, 30% plane. It's a symbol of complete financial idiocy rather than wealth

Comment

Comment

I save my glaring errors for when I'm writing exam papers.

Comment

Had to doubt hitch and add them up for myself.

Comment

My wife and I are thinking of going to Europe for a summer holiday, 1 year old in tow. Current plan would be some kind of self-catering apartment, mobile home, villa whatever within a bigger resort with pools, restaurants and most importantly a creche and evening child minders! I don't suppose anyone here has done something like this in the past and if so, they can make a recommendation? Don't want anywhere too hot (we're Irish after all) so am thinking late May, early June or mid September rather than July or August.

Comment

How did breakdancing make into the olympics? Yeah it can be impressive but it Britain/americas got talent is as far it should go
                                                      Surfing too , that is gonna be some shit spectacle in 2020

On the other hand ticking off the days to Qatar 2022 , coming home after a hard days grind on a dark cold December’s night to a feast of football , yes please.
                                                      Or maybe take a trip over, it’ll be so compact and easy to travel between venues, potentially nut best venue of all time.
                                                      And as this summer showed once it kicks off all the handwringing about human rights will just be forgotten as compliant journalists fall in line

Just hope infantino doesn’t wreck it by bumping up to 48 teams a tourney early like he wants to
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 28-02-19, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                        My wife and I are thinking of going to Europe for a summer holiday, 1 year old in tow. Current plan would be some kind of self-catering apartment, mobile home, villa whatever within a bigger resort with pools, restaurants and most importantly a creche and evening child minders! I don't suppose anyone here has done something like this in the past and if so, they can make a recommendation? Don't want anywhere too hot (we're Irish after all) so am thinking late May, early June or mid September rather than July or August.
                                                        I'm trying to figure out something similar. We used to go away with another family and rent a house with a pool etc. Last year did the campsite thing and 10 days in a mobile home didn't agree with my mental health. Some sort of resort with a 2-3 bed apartment or house for ca. €200 a night would be ideal but have spent countless hours and came up blank so far.

Comment

Zuutroy name change to Zuutfly

Ah I remember making those airfix models in my room and admiring my work as it hung from the ceiling either strung out on airfix glue or the sense of achievement. Hopefully was the latter .

anyone got approximate cost on trip to Wales for the Rugby ? Odds on getting a ticket ?

Comment

The worst thing about having a plane is that people overestimate how much money you have by a fucking mile.
                                                            My income basically gets divided as 45% household, 25% lunch and beer, 30% plane. It's a symbol of complete financial idiocy rather than wealth
                                                            You must eat some serious lunches
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                              How did breakdancing make into the olympics? Yeah it can be impressive but it Britain/americas got talent is as far it should go
                                                              Surfing too , that is gonna be some shit spectacle in 2020

On the other hand ticking off the days to Qatar 2022 , coming home after a hard days grind on a dark cold December’s night to a feast of football , yes please.
                                                              Or maybe take a trip over, it’ll be so compact and easy to travel between venues, potentially nut best venue of all time.
                                                              And as this summer showed once it kicks off all the handwringing about human rights will just be forgotten as compliant journals fall in line

Just hope infantino doesn’t wreck it by bumping up to 48 teams a tourney early like he wants to
                                                              It's a continual scandal that Squash is ignored considering the redic events in it.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out something similar. We used to go away with another family and rent a house with a pool etc. Last year did the campsite thing and 10 days in a mobile home didn't agree with my mental health. Some sort of resort with a 2-3 bed apartment or house for ca. €200 a night would be ideal but have spent countless hours and came up blank so far.
                                                                That's what we're doing this year. Something like this as the adults didn't find the last campsite sojourn relaxing...

Comment

She's got a big future
                                                                  Thats fantastic, she might even get his tax returns.
                                                                  While everyone is watching the millions and billions he's stealing from the fools who voted him in there is this absolutely wonderful insight into the void that the vile caricature of Biff from back to the future that Trump is

Cliffs he paid fake bidders to inflate the auction price and then stole money from a charity to pay for it , stick that in a TV comedy and you'd turn it off for being too fucking ridiculous!

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    That's what we're doing this year. Something like this as the adults didn't find the last campsite sojourn relaxing...
                                                                    wow.10 kms from where i got married and where my inlaws have a cottage

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      wow.10 kms from where i got married and where my inlaws have a cottage
                                                                      Should I expect a dinner invitation?

Actually, a 'stuff to do' list would be great...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                        It's a continual scandal that Squash is ignored considering the redic events in it.
                                                                        Yeah squash is legit
                                                                        All equestrian and shooting events, BMX and golf need to be dropped
                                                                        Surfing is going to be a disaster
                                                                        Race walking is long overdue a bullet too
                                                                        Sport climbing is a decent addition to 2020

Comment

Well, sundry life stuff is in there too I guess.

Comment

She's got a big future
                                                                            I was thinking about this on way to work last night,after I had watched about 90 mins of it. I had a feeling they would leave the important questions to her because of all the publicity she has these days. The beginning felt like just working the jab, setting it up for big knockdown which will go viral like her previous clips

Comment

Should I expect a dinner invitation?

Actually, a 'stuff to do' list would be great...
                                                                              i won't be there personally. i go windsurfing for a week with the kids in brittany, then drop them off there for 2 weeks.

i'll try and put a to-do list together for you, but it won't be massive. Very rural with not a huge amount to do. Plenty of calvados tasting though for the adults

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                Yeah squash is legit
                                                                                All equestrian and shooting events, BMX and golf need to be dropped
                                                                                Surfing is going to be a disaster
                                                                                Race walking is long overdue a bullet too
                                                                                Sport climbing is a decent addition to 2020
                                                                                They could probably do with getting rid of the Basketball or at least changing the rules to restrict the NBA players.
                                                                                Team USA have had a few losses but that mainly happened in and around Athens. The gap is pretty ridiculous tbh.
                                                                                Dropping wrestling seemed like an odd decision, I'm not really a fan per se but it seems like a quintessential Olympic sport.
                                                                                It's been reinstated since but odd decision from the beginning.

Comment

You obviously missed the "and beer" part which is probablu not exclusive to lunches

Say that sub ratio is something like 10% lunch / 90% beer
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Have a pdf of the latest FA magazine if anyone wants it. It's a weighty 200 pages though.

Comment

5 Years vegan tomorrow (15 including vegetarian) and won a tasting menu for two for then just now, ah yeah, thanks vegan Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                        Decent to play and probably ok to watch live (though there are limits on auditorium size). But it's problem is that it's a terrible sport on TV.
                                                                                        So bad that Sky or Eurosport rarely pick it up even as filler.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                          I was thinking about this on way to work last night,after I had watched about 90 mins of it. I had a feeling they would leave the important questions to her because of all the publicity she has these days. The beginning felt like just working the jab, setting it up for big knockdown which will go viral like her previous clips
                                                                                          The mental gymnastics performed by the GOP were something else.
                                                                                          You are going to jail for committing crimes, you were previously lying to Congress about your crimes done in trumps service.
                                                                                          Having being found guilty of said crimes, We cannot believe your testimony detailing said crimes that you were found guilty of committing.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            Decent to play and probably ok to watch live (though there are limits on auditorium size). But it's problem is that it's a terrible sport on TV.
                                                                                            Dunno, tv ratings doesn’t seem to be that much of a factor for what they add. Lots of stuff already in fairly stinks as a tv watch already.Surfing which is coming in this year will absolutely bomb in that regard. Doubt the masses are tuning in for shooting either . They might as well put darts in . Them

Comment

The mental gymnastics performed by the GOP were something else.
                                                                                              You are going to jail for committing crimes, you were previously lying to Congress about your crimes done in trumps service.
                                                                                              Having being found guilty of said crimes, We cannot believe your testimony detailing said crimes that you were found guilty of committing.

The GOP committee represented the hard core base very well I thought. It was hard to tell the difference between the voices when they started talking and camera was on Cohen, it just all sounded southern white male, compared to being able to easily identify, older black guy, hispanic woman etc

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                Hard to compete with synchronised swimming.
                                                                                                Great Improvements have been made for TV. It's entirely watchable now . Been to a few pro tournaments. Brilliant skills .

Comment

The ol sailing is a great watch too . Still can't figure out if we are in the medal places . Annalisa would get it though.

Comment

Don't know what to make of This Time with Alan Partridge.
                                                                                                    Couldn't find a stream last night if you can help with that?
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

He goes through bursts of Twitter madness. He's been causing uproar with the governing body for ages over the way they structure things.

Comment

*those ranking points.
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Three Identical Strangers

Holy fuck.... Stuck in!
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                I was a little disappointed by it in truth, mostly because before I watched it I had it built up by some other lads to say that it was amazing. Still a decent watch though.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    I was a little disappointed by it in truth, mostly because before I watched it I had it built up by some other lads to say that it was amazing. Still a decent watch though.
                                                                                                                    I found it disturbing

Comment

Just looking at this list of most popular Irish baby names. Clearly due to having read every single other thing on the internet.

Wonder the extent to which what you name your kid determines how you raise them. Saw Luke there, which is what we were going to name our kid. But that would surely have been awful choice. I'd imagine a kid named Luke would be raised in the style of a future presbyterian minister. Or if you named the kid Charlie - it would be a month before you pounce on his one or two giggles to rename him Cheeky Charlie, and for ever after the focus would be all on his fun side.

As it is we went with Max, and alternate being treating him as a puppy or a future all-American MBA who knows how to take a business problem and synthesise a solution.

The name must partially determine how a kid is parented.

Like surely no girl named Gertrude has not been raised to be a steroid enhanced shot-putter.

Food for thought people, food for thought.
                                                                                                                      Try Willie for size.

Comment

The Beto Biden train about to leave the station it seems.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X