Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... League of Ireland in the Asia Times, what could be bad about that

Data collated by Sportradar, an agency that monitors suspicious betting patterns, was passed to Uefa and suggested hefty bets were placed, via unregulated Asian online betting portals, on at least two goals being scored in the first half.

Longford were winning 2-0 at half-time.

And then, the data suggested, even more money was put on four or more goals being scored by the final whistle. And even more on Longford hitting the back of Athlone’s net in the final 10 minutes.

Longford went 3-1 up in the 87th minute – for the uninitiated, that’s three minutes before normal stoppage time.

Just before the final goal was scored, Athlone’s new foreign coaches changed tactics and placed Romanian midfielder Dragog Sfrijan into the center of defense. By all accounts, Sfrijan – one of the recent foreign additions – didn’t fare too well, making a laughably absurd mistake and … well, the Longford striker scored the late goal.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      My mother in law actually did threaten to do this. I don't really care if she does as it means nothing.

Any Catlic can perform a baptism

Bless some water, do sign of cross at target

I've had a bit of craic doing it over here to auld lads who try to wind me up about religion

Comment

On a related note, when my mother asked me recently where we were getting the baby baptised, she didn't like my 'nowhere' answer. Started off calling me a heathen, then lamenting where she went wrong, then went to the 'if your father was alive he'd be disgusted' card, and then finally tried to bargain, saying just do it for me, and I think not ask for anything else.

Every emotional blackmail trick in the book basically. I felt bad that she was upset, but nowhere near bad enough to cave in.

Mothers, eh?
        Give her a copy of the film Calvary, tell her that behind the closed curtains, that is what Ballymote is really like!

Comment

Just wanted to post one thing without an Asterisk.

Meh . Fk it ****************come at me luckforsome *****

Comment

The winnings from the bets on the Athlone game alone were reportedly in excess of US$600,000.
            who lays that?

Comment

Maddest part of GAB's story for me; who invites their parents to a NYE party?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                what eejit lays that?
                Boyle Sports

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  not that difficult to move that sort of money.
                  Think he means who will lay big money on a game that is defo rigged!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                    Any Catlic can perform a baptism

Bless some water, do sign of cross at target

I've had a bit of craic doing it over here to auld lads who try to wind me up about religion
                    They can do it all they want. It won't mean there is an entry in the big book of church records (or whatever its called) for my child.

Comment

Maddest part of GAB's story for me; who invites their parents to a NYE party?
                      I would, but my parents are gas craic.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        My answer is the same. Betting markets are far bigger that your local Boyles or PP shop.
                        Boyles was a joke fyi, they wouldnt take £5 on a LOI game if odds over 4/1

Ya so just spreading money around a mass of markets to get it on!

Comment

They can do it all they want. It won't mean there is an entry in the big book of church records (or whatever its called) for my child.
                          Your boy better not call my boy down with bottom pair or there will be serious tilt issues at the back of the church.

Comment

Just say this now

As bad as it is, first lad has to shoot, Guidetti clearly set himself up to follow in on shot and then ball played a bit behind him!?

Still

Comment

Hold on a sec

MikeHunt is solks

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                Hold on a sec

MikeHunt is solks
                                He has a phobia of the number 10000, so every time he gets too close to it he starts a new account

Comment

My friend and his partner have 4 kids together. Before she died, his mother called me into her house one day and asked me to try and get him to get married (they had 2 kids then) as they were living in sin, wouldn't get into heaven, kids not recognised by catholic church, etc.

She is dead a good ten years now but I always start every conversation with friend by saying "your poor mother looking down from heaven wondering will you ever do the right thing and get married. And as for your poor kids, imagine how they will turn out"

Comment

Some green wicket in malahide for Irl v Bang

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      Hold on a sec

MikeHunt is solks
                                      Did you think there were 2 people out there as much of a bullocks as him? Catch up Careca.

Comment

Name change request to Mike Bullocks

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            The potential religion offers to be a HolyWater SuperSoaker Grandpa when older has me questioning my non-belief
                                            It's a great story . I'm going to retell it at lunch hour , only the granny fakes her death and springs from the coffin at the funeral all holy guns blazing .

Comment

The potential religion offers to be a HolyWater SuperSoaker Grandpa when older has me questioning my non-belief
                                              It was organising a covert Lesbian Wet T-Shirt contest with everyone thinking your just a bit of a harmless loon that swung it for me.

Comment

The Gardai really know how to fuck up traffic. You'd think someone important was in town.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Image of GAB surrounded by lesbians and deranged geriatrics, in a drenched Christmas jumper, G&T in hand, wondering WTF is going on and would there be a game goung in the Aquarium....
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Holy Shit!!

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                      The Gardai really know how to fuck up traffic. You'd think someone important was in town.
                                                      What da fuck is going on? Stuck in Rathmines for an hour now. Day fucked...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                        What da fuck is going on? Stuck in Rathmines for an hour now. Day fucked...
                                                        Charles and Camilla going clubbing in Leeson St area.

Comment

Myself and a bloke from another department seem to be on the same toilet schedule. Every time this week, I have gone to the toilet, he is either in there or comes in just after me. Think I need to hold it in a bit longer from now on, there is only so much toilet idle chat that can take place

Comment

On a related note, when my mother asked me recently where we were getting the baby baptised, she didn't like my 'nowhere' answer. Started off calling me a heathen, then lamenting where she went wrong, then went to the 'if your father was alive he'd be disgusted' card, and then finally tried to bargain, saying just do it for me, and I think not ask for anything else.

Every emotional blackmail trick in the book basically. I felt bad that she was upset, but nowhere near bad enough to cave in.

Mothers, eh?
                                                            I met them halfway and
                                                            had a day out here

Bit of craic tying bits of bibs etc to trees.
                                                            Plus I got chased by a bee
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                Holy Shit!!

Fox playing it down as only they can
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Bought some cattle. TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Hopefully The Rock runs for president in the future,could be one of the greats
                                                                        Also hope that freak Zuckerberg runs and gets destroyed

Comment

Thats elephants not cattle .

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            I met them halfway and
                                                                            had a day out here

Bit of craic tying bits of bibs etc to trees.
                                                                            Plus I got chased by a bee
                                                                            That nearly seems worse to me. Also, the bee thing is bad.

Comment

I just cant wait for 5 years time when Trumps administration and insiders come out and absolutely batter him in books and memos and the likes.

There is no way he isn't ruling without intimidation tactics. That tweet to Comey is absolutely nuts.
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                I just cant wait for 5 years time when Trumps administration and insiders come out and absolutely batter him in books and memos and the likes.

There is no way he isn't ruling without intimidation tactics. That tweet to Comey is absolutely nuts.
                                                                                This was the ine that made me go

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
                                                                                Russia must be laughing up their sleeves watching as the U.S. tears itself apart over a Democrat EXCUSE for losing the election
                                                                                Clinically insane
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

You mean eight?

Comment

Matloubi tried to bluff Ungar all-in for $32,000 on the river with a board of 3-3-7-K-Q. Ungar, who held 10-9, thought for a few seconds and said to Matloubi, "You have 4-5 or 5-6 so I'm gonna call you with this" and flipped over his 10-high to win the pot and bust Matloubi, who in fact held exactly what Ungar said he did.
                                                                                    Reading about Ungar today. Didn't recognise that hand when it was on Billions.

Comment

Portugal into favs for the Eurovision.

Hitch:
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Opr

Comment

Memos by people whose job was to speak truth to power but were to shit scared to say anything.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            Memos by people whose job was to speak truth to power but were to shit scared to say anything.
                                                                                            Just like most middle management, or, yes men as i like to call them.

Usually, the only people not afraid to call bullshit are the ones who cant slide down the ladder any further, because they are already on the bottom.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                              re Poland bet :
                                                                                              Actually thinking about it that could be a better in-running bet if they have a disaster with the juries again - T10 could easily drift to monster prices.

had a look there, they are 250 to 1 , how much more monster you looking for

Mike Bullock

Comment

Speaking of middle management -

For an SaaS company, with a niche product and some partnerships with the biggest investment banks in the world our Implementation department never had a SOW for our implementations.

Cowboys Ted.
                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

You mean eight?
                                                                                                  He'll be dead in 5 years, internal combustion they'll say

Comment

NHS hit with the ransom virus across the country. IT guy who works for them on reddit says it has spread pretty bad with loads of the computers on the network still using windows XP/2000.

Edit - looks like a worldwide attack with a tonne of companies affected. NHS still the major one. What a shitstorm for hospitals and patients.

Originally posted by Reddit Update

This is WanaCrypt0r 2.0 virus, typical piece of ransomware, and infected many victims all over the world: Russia, Ukraine, and Taiwan leading - https://twitter.com/JakubKroustek/st...45197663490053

WanaCrypt0r 2.0 is spreading using the recently disclosed EternalBlue/MS17-010 SMB RCE exploit (NSA tools). A hacking group stole a big treasure trove of previously undisclosed Windows vulnerabilities and hacking tools from the NSA. Said hacking group picked a vulnerability from the trove, wrote a piece of ransomware to take advantage of the vulnerability, and set it loose.

The security update was already released by Microsoft on March 14 - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../ms17-010.aspx

The British National Health Service still use Windows XP. Windows XP was end-of-life in April 2014 - no more security patches from MS. The vulnerability is patched in newer versions of windows, but not in XP (end of life!), so the ransomware is spreading like wildfire through networks with legacy machines - like those run by NHS.
                                                                                                    Guardian news article

Truth, stranger than fiction. Interesting reading around the group that released the NSA tools - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow_Brokers

Opr
                                                                                                    Last edited by Opr; 12-05-17, 19:37.

Comment

...So in love with the slow cooker...Cooked my now house famous "Dr Pepper pulled pork"...Sadly only took pictures of the afters so not too many pictures...Ingredients are...
                                                                                                      ...Shoulder of pork...
                                                                                                      ...4 cloves of garlic...
                                                                                                      ...1 red onion and 1 normal onion...
                                                                                                      ...Seasoning and herbs...
                                                                                                      ...2 vegetable stock cubes...
                                                                                                      ...3 cans of Dr Pepper...
                                                                                                      ...Slow cooked it for about 5.5 hrs, drained a large portion of the juices, pulled it apart then added in 3/4 bottle of BBQ sauce then cooked for another 90 minutes...Served on baps with salad, cheese and wedges...Cooked enough for about 12/15 people so will be having it over the weekend also...But oh my god it was absolutely delicious!!!...

...P.S, how do you make photo's smaller?...They are coming up as over 3mb and too big apparently...

Comment

fun weekend ahead
                                                                                                        A ransomware outbreak is wreaking havoc all over the world, but especially in Spain, where Telefonica — one of the country's biggest telecommunications companies — has fallen victim, and its IT staff is desperately telling employees to shut down computers and VPN connections in order to limit the ransomware's reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                          NHS hit with the ransom virus across the country. IT guy who works for them on reddit says it has spread pretty bad with loads of the computers on the network still using windows XP/2000.

Edit - looks like a worldwide attack with a tonne of companies affected. NHS still the major one. What a shitstorm for hospitals and patients.

Guardian news article

Truth, stranger than fiction. Interesting reading around the group that released the NSA tools - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow_Brokers

Opr
                                                                                                          yup.
                                                                                                          panicked mails going around our office at the mo

Comment

live map of infections

Comment

...

Comment

Surprised professional services forms aren't targeted more in these hacks. Hackers could name their price to have the data released back.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                    Surprised professional services forms aren't targeted more in these hacks. Hackers could name their price to have the data released back.
                                                                                                                    It isn't that easy though to target them unless you have access to something like the NSA had which was released by the hacker group recently. The virus itself has only been so effective this time due to that backdoor of sorts.

Opr

Comment

fcking NSA though. This was precisely the argument about not keeping weaknesses in softwares for the benefit of 'friendly' countries. And yet they just sit on this for years until someone robs it from them.
                                                                                                                      Agreed they have to shoulder a huge amount of the blame. Things obvious very bad but can you imagine the carnage this would have caused if it has been released before MS patched it up. Goodbye sweet world.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                        Just wanted to post one thing without an Asterisk.

Meh . Fk it ****************come at me luckforsome *****
                                                                                                                        ...Bring it Mike...I'm top of the dot league 6 years in a row...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X