Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got offered a job today in some hotel just outside Celbridge. Starting end of the month. Delighted to have a job secured before actually moving. Takes a lot of pressure off. So here's to a new chapter...

Comment

Oh Well done Dobby
      The winner Maria Lampropulos looks so deep in thought. It gives me goosebumps !

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Big semi tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          Big semi tonight.
          If it lasts more than four hours call a doctor
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Flour, water, yeast and salt, make many villages happy.

Nice short little doc.

A short documentary following the life of a Galician bread baker for a day. Written, directed, filmed, & edited by Aidan Hamell.SCREENINGS/AWARDS:• Winner - ...
            This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Don't think he's gonna get another chance to sing that.

thankfully

Comment

A little piece of my soul dies every time I hear an Irish person say the phrase 'reach out to'.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    Got offered a job today in some hotel just outside Celbridge. Starting end of the month. Delighted to have a job secured before actually moving. Takes a lot of pressure off. So here's to a new chapter...
                    Is this your first time living away from Kerry Dobby?

Comment

Just tried to book an Uber into work usually 12-15$ around this time, 65-78$ this morning.
                      Pays me to stay at home for the next 2 hours, flexi-time temping is great tbf.

Comment

poor Brenners

Comment

"Don't bang the cattle"
                          Fargo
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Had a proper dilemma today

Whether to watch Utd in the 2nd leg or watch the 2nd Eurovision semi final.

So much Europeaness, so much semis

Turns out, I didn't get out of cunting work until all hours. Just home now to see the results and us not qualified.

Proper bunch of cunce

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Profits.
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                  Had a proper dilemma today

Whether to watch Utd in the 2nd leg or watch the 2nd Eurovision semi final.

So much Europeaness, so much semis

Turns out, I didn't get out of cunting work until all hours. Just home now to see the results and us not qualified.

Proper bunch of cunce
                                  The real dilemma was The Players or Masterchef...

Comment

Welshing bookies.

Is nothing sacred?
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      "Don't bang the cattle"
                                      Fargo
                                      Between Fargo, Leftovers and Veep we are getting spoiled.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          What would the average 18 handicapper expect to shoot playing Augusta in a Masters set up, over four days, off pro tees.

+150?

The gap is bigger than I thought

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                            Is this your first time living away from Kerry Dobby?
                                            Yeah and was a "New Years Resolution" type thing that I wanted to move. So happy to get it started anyway. Plus, pince with Andy and Rigger now!! What's not to love

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            il have yerself and Lazare over for Mass and a bottle of wine. Think Mike Hunt might live in the area as well. Get a 4 ball going.
                                            Sounds gr8. Have a m8 that can say mass and provide wine.

Comment

Has "13 reasons why" been discussed here?

Its all anyone talks about here at the minute. I thought it was strange that grown ass adults were discussing a high school suicide show.

Watched the first 7 episodes and decided that yer wan is an absolute melter. Have been defending my stance to flabbergasted canadians since.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Have never knowingly listened to BBC2 Radio!

Not about to start

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  omg Veep is back!
                                                  Thats your Friday sorted. Gary is so funny in the latest, actually all episodes he is hilarious.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Yeah and was a "New Years Resolution" type thing that I wanted to move. So happy to get it started anyway. Plus, pince with Andy and Rigger now!! What's not to love
                                                    Fair play to you. Best of luck and enjoy!

Comment

omg Veep is back!
                                                      Just lost my Veep virginity. Went old school, and bought a dvd boxset
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                        The real dilemma was The Players or Masterchef...
                                                        Easy choice, Masterchef all the way

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                          I think part of the reason that I want Leo to get the job is I have a bit of a bias against people who go to Clongowes and I am never really sure why.
                                                          It's because they are all gormless, soulless, socially inept brainwashed gimps.

Comment

Pretty cool video put together of some top pros wishing Becs McAdam congrats on her new baby. Will be nice or her to look back on. Think you may need to be a friend to view it.

Comment

Is there anything to be said for another jedward
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                Is there anything to be said for another jedward
                                                                We need Russia to take back some territory

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  A little piece of my soul dies every time I hear an Irish person say the phrase 'reach out to'.
                                                                  Or 'you should love yourself.' It's like we have forgotten who we are!

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                    Or 'you should love yourself.' It's like we have forgotten who we are!
                                                                    I love myself daily, sometimes twice.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Lazare didn't give you a job? What a cunt.

GFYL

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        I love myself daily, sometimes twice.
                                                                        So THAT'S what they are on about.

Just put the other sock on the door knob!

Comment

Thank you for allowing me to reach out to you about this exciting opportunity.

Comment

I can't say enough about having a whole pub to yourself with access to any fucking drink you want. It's a beautiful thing.

Comment

Buy a small country pub and live there. Wouldn't even need a licence.
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                Buy a small country pub and live there. Wouldn't even need a licence.
                                                                                Would have to deal with country people who expect late pints nightly. Fuck that.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

GFYL
                                                                                  Neice communion is on saturday. Will ask about an intervention on Lazare behalf.
                                                                                  Last edited by pokerhand; 12-05-17, 01:42.
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

GFYL
                                                                                    GFY Thomas the tank engine
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

First time running on a Friday morning earlier, the same bin truck passed me three times filling my lungs with a gulp of bin juice. Has to be the most revolting smell.

How come no matter what you fuck into a bin, it always smells the same?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                        Neice communion is on saturday. Will ask about an intervention on Lazare behalf.
                                                                                        On a related note, when my mother asked me recently where we were getting the baby baptised, she didn't like my 'nowhere' answer. Started off calling me a heathen, then lamenting where she went wrong, then went to the 'if your father was alive he'd be disgusted' card, and then finally tried to bargain, saying just do it for me, and I think not ask for anything else.

Every emotional blackmail trick in the book basically. I felt bad that she was upset, but nowhere near bad enough to cave in.

Mothers, eh?

Comment

What's the damage for turning up at an afters these days?

Comment

On a related note, when my mother asked me recently where we were getting the baby baptised, she didn't like my 'nowhere' answer. Started off calling me a heathen, then lamenting where she went wrong, then went to the 'if your father was alive he'd be disgusted' card, and then finally tried to bargain, saying just do it for me, and I think not ask for anything else.

Every emotional blackmail trick in the book basically. I felt bad that she was upset, but nowhere near bad enough to cave in.

Mothers, eh?
                                                                                            After giving up on trying to discuss it with his parents the Grandmother of nephew of mine was caught late one night in the act of performing what could best be described as a guerrilla baptism on the by then four year old child.
                                                                                            All you could do is laugh, say nothing and admire how sincere she was. The best part is when over some conversation about religion I was able to tell the now 30 year old that he was a member of a club he couldn't get out of whether he liked it or not and all the recursive arguments about how to get excommunicated and that it only matters if she is right and you are not let in to heaven without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Depends on how drunk you get

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                Still what it's always been, Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  After giving up on trying to discuss it with his parents the Grandmother of nephew of mine was caught late one night in the act of performing what could best be described as a guerrilla baptism on the by then four year old child.
                                                                                                  All you could do is laugh, say nothing and admire how sincere she was. The best part is when over some conversation about religion I was able to tell the now 30 year old that he was a member of a club he couldn't get out of whether he liked it or not and all the recursive arguments about how to get excommunicated and that it only matters if she is right and you are not let in to heaven without it.
                                                                                                  Any chance your mom will do this Dom? Be some craic...
                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I'm pagan ..makes things easier :P

Comment

Poland at Eurovision '16 was a bit strange - after the jury vote they had single digit points and were ~last. Then the bulk televote awarded them 200+ points and they finished 8th.
                                                                                                      I don't know what the explanation for this was, but if it was drunken Poles patriotically ringing in from all corners of Europe then there's no reason think the same can't happen again.
                                                                                                      I've taken 3/1 with Boyles for T10, or for the more ambitious there's 14/1 with Powers for T5.

I haven't seen the song so this is blind tipping.

Edit : Even seems to be plenty of 4/1 with other bookies, wasn't available earlier.
                                                                                                      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 12-05-17, 11:10.

Comment

We are two years now into the ol gay marriage thing.* There must be a few of them up for a divorce at this stage?* Did we vote on allowing the gays to divorce yet?* *And if they do get a divorce do we have to vote on a gay remarriage

I said at the time of the vote, once we let them get married they’d take the piss.** I said at the time. No one listened,* not even Lazares daughter, she totalled ignored me at the garage when I was talking about it.

*

*

*

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          Poland at Eurovision '16 was a bit strange - after the jury vote they had single digit points and were ~last. Then the bulk televote awarded them 200+ points and they finished 8th.
                                                                                                          I don't know what the explanation for this was, but if it was drunken Poles patriotically ringing in from all corners of Europe then there's no reason think the same can't happen again.
                                                                                                          I've taken 3/1 with Boyles for T10, or for the more ambitious there's 14/1 with Powers for T5.

I haven't seen the song so this is blind tipping.
                                                                                                          An alternative interpretation of Poland's 2014 Eurovision Song Contest entry.

'We are slavic'
                                                                                                          Playing the entry to Benny Hill music was the only way to make it uncringey.

Comment

re Poland bet :
                                                                                                            Actually thinking about it that could be a better in-running bet if they have a disaster with the juries again - T10 could easily drift to monster prices.

Comment

I hope Solks and luckforsome never argue, could be friendly fire carnage with unnecessary dots and asterisks flying everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                I hope Solks and luckforsome never argue, could be friendly fire carnage with unnecessary dots and asterisks flying everywhere.
                                                                                                                Copy and paste thing

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                  Any chance your mom will do this Dom? Be some craic...
                                                                                                                  My mother in law actually did threaten to do this. I don't really care if she does as it means nothing.

I wouldn't mind as much if my mother hadn't professed several times in recent years when the topic of religion came up that she isn't sure what to believe in that regard. It's the slavish refusal to outright say it's bullshit that characterises that generation though (she is in her 80's, so might as well stick at this stage).

Comment

Think this was your 25,000th post. You talk a lot

Comment

GAB, that is fucking awesome, you have to love that granny, as batshit as she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                        Has "13 reasons why" been discussed here?

Its all anyone talks about here at the minute. I thought it was strange that grown ass adults were discussing a high school suicide show.

Watched the first 7 episodes and decided that yer wan is an absolute melter. Have been defending my stance to flabbergasted canadians since.
                                                                                                                        It's absolute contrived garbage, but probably sends out a good message to its target audience.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

When the bastards brag about how many catholics there are are in Ireland, or when doctors tell a dying woman that 'this is a catholic country', that's when it matters whether you're baptised or not.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X