Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've kinda the opposite thing going on. Having sold the family homestead in Tallaght (well sale agreed, and some land reg shite to go), I'm looking to get onto the ladder as soon as prudent. Like BK, I've heard from a few to wait 6 months or so. However, it's a little cramped at the moment and that's in a 3 bed apartment.
    The FIL has very much the nature of a large potted plant on the couch.
    Completely inoffensive but impossible to ignore
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
      fawning over her every move and utterance?
      LOL.
      Fawning...
      On Sunday, CNN’s Jake Tapper put a very simple question to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: How are you planning to pay for the many and various expensive programs and plans that you are either proposing or support? The New York soon-to-be congresswoman didn’t have any answers. Like, none.

What is funny is how this young brand new not even seated Congress woman is both the answer to all problems and held to a higher standard than seemingly every other member of Congress.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Had fish n' chips outta Beshoffs for tay.

Thankfully it didn't cost $3.1 million.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Life itself Sky cinema premier. Holy Jesus haven't cried as much in a long time. Absolutely brilliant movie

Story line amazing. A must watch male or female
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Y'all need some choons...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Awsome Stevie Wonder remix by The Reflex Can see this one being a favourite for years to come at the slumfunk camp ......Non of the music or images used are ...

Comment

SUPPORT THE REFLEX: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=XS8EK2UMCS9JGhttps://linktr.ee/thereflex REMIX / PRESS ENQUIRIES: mail@thereflexmusic.com...

Comment

He's done some cracking remixes over the past few years has The Reflex. Saw him in tengu recently, was good fun

Comment

Have only just discovered him. Came across that Michael Jackson one a few weeks back and was floored. Dug in then.

Comment

Any more you can recommend?

Comment

Also, why have you never played MK?

We're missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Also, why have you never played MK?

We're missing out.
                          Played the last one, was robbed imo

Comment

Thank you thank you thank you. Cans are on.

Comment

Whoah. Yeah.

Choons.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

One of my favourite remixes...

Cedric Marszewski, aka Pilooski, has made a name for himself worldwide thanks to his mastering of the "edit" technique which consists in changing old musical...

Comment

Not a fan or remixing peoples music.

If you are that good, make your own.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                        Played the last one, was robbed imo
                                        Story of my life man.
                                        Someday my MK posts will be discovered and my genius in music picking and associated articles will be lauded and taught in schools

Comment

The official Duran Duran video for "The Reflex" by Duran Duran from 1983's SEVEN & THE RAGGED TIGER. Directed by Russell MulcahyStream Duran Duran's greatest...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Ah, there's definitely an art in re-working someone else's work.

GFYO

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              GFYfancypants too

Nice tune tho

Comment

Not one thing on this album (Endtroducing) is original I think, or nearly nothing, it's all samples and it's one of the best albums ever. First album to ever do that. So good. If it's just some lad remixing a popular song slightly I agree.
                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-01-19, 01:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                  Bit of a random question but looking for some barstool advice;

Everything I have read or listened to in the last 6 months would indicate to me that trying to get into the property market at the moment would be the fishiest of fish plays.

Whats wrong with renting until things improve? I don't feel that it is dead money.

To put in context any property we but now would unlikely be our forever home but rather a base of operations for a few years
                                                  Ignore at will but which one did you end up marrying?

Comment

Comment

That's a pretty silly opinion. As pointed out above, their our whole genres based on remixing or sampling old work. The most popular current style, hip hip, is entirely based around reworking old funk beats.

So this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjJiJKNi3s4

Became this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

And this:

Became:

good kid, m.A.A.d city available now! http://smarturl.it/gkmc Music video by Kendrick Lamar performing Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe (Explicit). (C) 2013 Afterma...

etc etc

Comment

I'm with Ole on this. Nobody can tell you your own opinion on music is silly. A remix might be easy on the ear but I'm sure most people with an ear and the technology can do a descent job. I remember in the 80s some classical songs were remixed for dance. Pukey stuff. Each to their own HJ.

Comment

Like all music, remixing can be very subjective. There's a ton of really lazy formulaic ones that just use hits or well known hooks as a crutch but a good remixer can bring a totally new dimension to something.

Don't think the below are necessarily better than the originals but definitely work a new angle

This is one of the most important remixes in history. Remix of play that beat by globe and whiz kid turned into something completely different via tape splicing

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                              I'm with Ole on this. Nobody can tell you your own opinion on music is silly. A remix might be easy on the ear but I'm sure most people with an ear and the technology can do a descent job. I remember in the 80s some classical songs were remixed for dance. Pukey stuff. Each to their own HJ.
                                                              Remixing is a matter of opinion, everyone copies everyone

Last edited by DeadParrot; 06-01-19, 10:16.

Comment

Put em under pressure. CUE the Horslips , CUE mayhem on the dance floor .

Comment

Most bands and artists have minimal input into how their recorded tracks are mixed. That's a producers job, which I'm sure you'll agree is an art form in itself.

A remix is just another producer having a crack at those tracks.

Like all art forms there's subjective experience, good and bad, but to say there's no value in it because it's the reworking of someone else's work is a nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    Most bands and artists have minimal input into how their recorded tracks are mixed. That's a producers job, which I'm sure you'll agree is an art form in itself.

A remix is just another producer having a crack at those tracks.

Like all art forms there's subjective experience, good and bad, but to say there's no value in it because it's the reworking of someone else's work is a nonsense.
                                                                    Ah here. Who said there no value in it. The likes of hj and yourself clearly value it as art. I tend to think of it as an IT skill. I'm sure the likes of Bach would marvel at ye lads.

Enjoy your chunes

Comment

A remix might be easy on the ear but I'm sure most people with an ear and the technology can do a descent job.
                                                                      All this shows is you haven't the first understanding of it.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        All this shows is you haven't the first understanding of it.
                                                                        You would be very surprised what I know of the music industry but sure I'll park it there. The internet knows best.

Comment

Greg Gillis (GirlTalk) absolutely crushes the remixing/sampling game. Hits every genre. His understanding and depth and breadth of musical knowledge must be incredible.

Comment

Kinda on topic for the thread atm. Interesting bit of trivia around Bitter Sweet Symphony.

Use my link http://www.audible.com/middle8 or text middle8 to 500-500 to get a free book and 30 day free trial.🎙️ PlayM8 Podcast - https://playm8podcast.com...

Opr

Comment

About to embark on new frontiers of cheese eating. Suspect this will be outrageously awesome.

Comment

The AI in my new phone is weird to get used to. When I open my camera it chats to me, when I point the camera at something it tells me what it is, adjust the filters to be best for that object and there is a shopping tab in case I want to buy something similar. Wonder what else it does.

Comment

Escape room in Poland , teenage girls fond dead in the room after a fire.

Comment

yeah that was the other day, fire brigade gonna do checks on all the ones in Dublin.
                                                                                    I imagine it was a freak occurrence as no one could open the door from the outside

Comment

You would be very surprised what I know of the music industry but sure I'll park it there. The internet knows best.
                                                                                      Don't doubt your music knowledge at all, but you obviously don't listen to the genres built on sampling.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          About to embark on new frontiers of cheese eating. Suspect this will be outrageously awesome.
                                                                                          Confirmed awesome. Cheesy, gooey, garlicky, wine-y goodness.

SPOILER

Comment

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                              iWant
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Gonna be a lot of employment created in the near future taking completely unnecessary “smart “ features out of normal consumer electronics that absolutely do not need them as manufacturers just lump that crap into everything (fridges, doorbells ,washing machines etc)

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  I follow that account and they do put out a few interesting bits and pieces but that one is at the stupider end of his range. He's wrong and the presentation is not saying what he thinks it is saying.

Comment

The Multi sport competition is a great comp and not as difficult to put together an entry as it might seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      iWant
                                                                                                      Well, to really put you in a doom spiral of jealousy:

SPOILER

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Puts my snack of brie on toast with caramelized red onion chutney to shame...

Comment

Unreal show of defence in the wildcard game atm

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            Unreal show of defence in the wildcard game atm
                                                                                                            Young lads confidence is completely gone. Bit surreal hearing the crowd boo their own team but he should have brought Flacco on to try and rescue things imo

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Getting some of this tomorrow

Comment

Well those 2 plays should get his confidence back. Set up for some finish now

Comment

Well, to really put you in a doom spiral of jealousy:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Feck ya, you sent my plan to lose a few Kg a bit off the rails, was driven to melt a bit of schmorza onto some toast with a few slices of salumi

SPOILER

Comment

Bit silly chargers havent wrapped this up ages ago. All bout the eagles next, go birds.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                      Bit silly chargers havent wrapped this up ages ago. All bout the eagles next, go birds.
                                                                                                                      I'm not happy that the freeview channel sky sports mix are only showing the early game. Was looking forward to the eagles game, I think they'll do it.

Lol ravens

Comment

Much nicer example of internet of shit

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X