Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Is it threads like this reddit one that ye find new screeners from for the glorious screener season?

Have an interested party in the house eagerly awaiting the arrival of Mary Poppins.

That interested party is me
    Lol. WP

Also eagerly awaiting it to be released

Comment

KK82! Didn't we even have a jigsaw face-off at some stage?!
      What?! Did we?

Comment

I only know two Artists from that list, will give it a listen cheers. Been listening to Shotgun a lot, a real feelgood song.

My favourite song I found the past year (it's older):
        Love the little gold tinkle.
        Oh Wonder - Dazzle | Lyrics in CC∞ Our YouTube playlists: https://youtube.com/apeironsound/playlists∞ Our Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist...

You'll never be what you wanna be with all that money, that money.
        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 31-12-18, 15:09.

Comment

I feel out of the loop because I'm only familiar with ten of them.

Artists that is. Only know 3 of the songs by the title.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
            Is there a good website where you can put in what tv shows you like and it spits out recommendations?
            Trakt.tv
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Is it threads like this reddit one that ye find new screeners from for the glorious screener season?

Have an interested party in the house eagerly awaiting the arrival of Mary Poppins.

That's the working list so far. I'd expect a glut after the new year
                  The screener /HD rip section of novaanon is also a good way to check what's available
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                    Is there a good website where you can put in what tv shows you like and it spits out recommendations?
                    TasteDive provides recommendations of similar music, movies, TV shows, books, games, people, places, brands and podcasts, based on what you like.

Comment

Song of 2018 for me

A mate and myself accidently came across her set at EP and couldn't leave. Super talented, with an amazing live band

The official music video for Dua Lipa - IDGAFTaken from her self-titled debut studio album released in 2017, which featured the hit singles 'Be The One', 'ID...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                        The below can be read by everybody except Dom

SPOILER
                        I'm setting the line at 3.5 for number of artists Dom has heard of
                        Decent line. The answer is 3 definitely. Not sure about a 4th. I only know one of the songs though, probably no prizes for guessing which one that is.

Comment

I know plenty of the artists but only 1 song.

Also the only song my 3 year old knows from the list and she probably knows more of the words than me.

Now back to my colouring book.
                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            2019 MultiSport Competition open now.

Very popular comp last year. Not the easiest, takes a good hour to come up with an entry.

Don't worry if you know little about some of the sports, this years victor RichieM only needed to get 9 of the 40 correct to win.
                            For anybody who didn't play this in 2018, you really should get involved in 2019.

It's by far the best sports competition I've played. It gives you a good interest in a lot of different sports that you probably wouldn't have any interest in, all in a good way.

You get a full years sweat out of it!

Comment

the old man and the gun is out also

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                That time of year again, when I pull together my top twenty tunes of the year. Rather than sticking in a You Tube video for each one, I've tried to add my Spotify playlist (will probably make a balls of it )

20) Editors – Magazine
                                Hero A K - 30bb in BB
                                19) Squarehead – Always On
                                18) We Cut Corners – Rainy Night in Slomo
                                Villain 10bb - utg open pushed
                                17) David Kitt - Like Lightning
                                16) King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard – Beginners Luck
                                Cut off -Reshoved - Has me covered
                                15) AE Mak – Glow
                                14) Christine & The Queens – 5 Dollars
                                My move - ?
                                13) Jungle – Heavy, California
                                12) George Ezra - Shotgun
                                11) Roisin Murphy – The Rumble
                                10) Maggie Rogers – Give A Little
                                9) The 1975 – Love If We Made It
                                8) SPIES – Watchman
                                7) Villagers – A Trick Of The Light
                                6) Tanjier – Lights
                                5) Saint Sister – Twin Peaks
                                4) The Fontaines DC – Boys In The Better Land
                                3) Young Fathers – Toy
                                2) Janelle Monae – Make Me Feel
                                1) David Byrne – Everybody’s Coming To My House

https://open.spotify.com/user/117426...QyOoIkSdEQP1_A
                                Updated with something i played last night

Comment

Favourite gigs of 2018 (in no particular order except David Byrne was a clear number 1)

David Byrne /3Arena
                                  Khruangbin /Whelans
                                  KPM All-stars/British Library
                                  Kendrick Lamar /3Arena
                                  Kamashi Washington /Beatyard
                                  Pharaoh Sanders/National Concert Hall
                                  Sevdaliza/Electric Picnic
                                  Midori Takada/Union Chapel
                                  Big Thief/ Whelans
                                  Michael McDonald /Vicar St
                                  Spiritualized/ Primavera
                                  Seun Kuti and Egypt 80/Sugar club
                                  Natalie Prass /Workman’s club
                                  Autechre /National Concert Hall
                                  Suede /Bord Gais Theatre
                                  Lauryn Hill /3Arena
                                  Rapsody /Workman’s club
                                  Cigarettes after Sex/ Primavera

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                    Favourite gigs of 2018 (in no particular order except David Byrne was a clear number 1)

David Byrne /3Arena
                                    Khruangbin /Whelans
                                    KPM All-stars/British Library
                                    Kendrick Lamar /3Arena
                                    Kamashi Washington /Beatyard
                                    Pharaoh Sanders/National Concert Hall
                                    Sevdaliza/Electric Picnic
                                    Midori Takada/Union Chapel
                                    Big Thief/ Whelans
                                    Michael McDonald /Vicar St
                                    Spiritualized/ Primavera

Seun Kuti and Egypt 80/Sugar club
                                    Natalie Prass /Workman’s club
                                    Autechre /National Concert Hall
                                    Suede /Bord Gais Theatre
                                    Lauryn Hill /3Arena

Rapsody /Workman’s club
                                    Cigarettes after Sex/ Primavera
                                    jealous

Comment

Fair play Ed.

Would love to go to a fraction of the gigs you go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                        Updated with something i played last night
                                        Ship it, you're up against AQ and 10's. King in the window and rub the cash on your titties

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                          jealous
                                          That Michael McDonald gig was a surprise hit. Only went because my girlfriend's mother couldn't make it

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                            Saw him in New York this summer. Off the charts good.

Comment

Albums:

Low - Double Negative
                                              Natalie Prass - The Future and the Past
                                              Mark Peters - Innerland
                                              Mogwai - Every Country's Sun
                                              Khruangbin - Con Todo el Mundo
                                              Spiritualized - And Nothing Hurt
                                              Father John Misty - God's Favourite Customer
                                              Poolside - Heat
                                              Django Django - Marble Skies
                                              Poppy Ackroyd - Resolve
                                              Heiroglyphic Being - The Red Notes
                                              Jonathan Wilson - Rare Birds

Honourable mentions for some great reissues this year:

Brian Eno - Ambient 1
                                              Hiroshi Yoshimura - Music for Nine Postcards
                                              KPM reissues on Be With Records
                                              The Kate Bush reissues

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                Fair play Ed.

Would love to go to a fraction of the gigs you go to.
                                                As long as you go to at least one, then you do.

You're welcome.

Comment

Came across this guy the other day, enjoyed this.
                                                  https://youtu.be/h8ljNixuCwc

Comment

Comment

If Bandersnatch was half as good as it it clever it would be OK.
                                                      Its Charlie Brooker paint by numbers bog standard Black Mirror script.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Never been to a gig in my life but Ed is wrong

David Byrne /Regency

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          If Bandersnatch was half as good as it it clever it would be OK.
                                                          Its Charlie Brooker paint by numbers bog standard Black Mirror script.
                                                          Yup agree. The idea is great, both tech and plot but the execution is very meh. It’s actually quite boring.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

May you all find uplift in 2019.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Keith Barry new year.... Jesus Christ

Comment

The greatest show on Earth is about to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                  Yup agree. The idea is great, both tech and plot but the execution is very meh. It’s actually quite boring.
                                                                  I found a few of the avenues great and a few stupid.
                                                                  The one involving the person with the nose ring was pretty great

Comment

The greatest show on Earth is about to start.
                                                                    Discovering that is prerecorded has ruined it for me

Comment

Happy New Year all! I am well aware I'm a bit premature, will probably be fast asleep by midnight so getting it in nice and early Hope all of us have a peaceful, prosperous and above all happy 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        Na ta tall boi. Doesn't take away from it in the slightest imo

Comment

Lol. Get that line up live on NYE. BoL. Even pre recorded it blows anything else on telly out of the water
                                                                          JOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLS

Comment

Dobby, post that again will ya so I can thank it again.

Comment

Trump impression... And not a great one

Comment

Jesus, she's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                  Lol. Get that line up live on NYE. BoL. Even pre recorded it blows anything else on telly out of the water

JOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLS
                                                                                  Did I mention.....

Comment

...

Comment

Enjoyed the record company there. Will definitely check them out

Comment

Enjoyed the record company there. Will definitely check them out
                                                                                        Yeah, they were great. All top class stuff so far.

Check out Sexual Healing by Hot 8 brass band. Discovered it here via music king a few years back. Top tune.

Comment

First.

Comment

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals
                                                                                            And a happy new year

Comment

First.
                                                                                              GFYL

Comment

Yeah, you're right Dobby, they're great. Checking out more of that for sure.

Love that fucking mouth harp!!

Comment

Next mk entry material there

Comment

Yeah real bluegrass rock feel to them. Really enjoyed that time and they look like they'd put on a great show

Comment

George Ezra's management team earned their crust in 2018.

Comment

Aaaaahhhhhh freak out!

Comment

George Ezra's management team earned their crust in 2018.
                                                                                                          Mrs was just saying he's everywhere

Comment

I saw George Ezra for the first time on the ToTP Christmas special (it's Hootenany for normal people). Had only heard the songs before that. I'd expected some dark bearded dude in his late 30s, pretty shocked to find he's basically a teenager.

Comment

Best of Glasto coming up after this, then Reading festival.

If a man had no dawn waking nippers he'd be up all night. Have plenty of gin.

Comment

One of the best Hootennanys.

What a show.

The greatest show on Earth.

Comment

Was thinking the same but I'm nearly out of booze. Bought a bottle of black barrel yesterday but had "one" last night which put a dent in tonight's stock.

Thank jebus for the record function

Comment

Jools just fucking amazing tonight. Glad I stayed indoors.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
                                                                                                                    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Van live at montreux on tg4

Comment

Van live at montreux on tg4
                                                                                                                        Cheers man. Have hit record. Wife wants more of a Glasto buzz right now. I'm with her on that in fairness. Anderson Paak coming up apparently.

Comment

Was thinking the same but I'm nearly out of booze. Bought a bottle of black barrel yesterday but had "one" last night which put a dent in tonight's stock.

Thank jebus for the record function
                                                                                                                          Leggit over to mine sure, I've gin. I'll leave a key out.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X