Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Just in the interest of a flip side.

A few years ago I went up to the counter of my local hardware shop with €8.50 worth of stuff.

Owner said he can't accept my card as the bank have a minimum limit of €10 set on his machine.

Rather than buy something for €1.50 I handed the lying cunt his stuff back and went to Woodies.

Have never went back.

Miserable bastard not understanding that the 40c charge he incurrs means he doesn't have to secure my cash or visit the bank with it.
    That's almost 5%. Things are tight enough for independent businesses like that, they had to have some limit
    Contactless has given them a break tho at least. How much petrol did you use to drive to Woodies?
    airport, lol

Comment

Oh it definitely cost me more to go to Woodies, and has since. But fuck him.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The woman in local shop here gives out if you don't buy enough. If you don't buy bread and milk she gives out that you don't buy that stuff with her.
        Give me my bin tags and shut up please
        airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Was quite randomly thinking about you today @pokerhand. You've come back from the big LA and Oz adventure and seem to be living ten miles outside of a small place in the West of Ireland (based on your burger story, but maybe that's just where your family is from, think you said your mum was from that part of the world anyway). How is that whole shift in perspective working out? It might be kinda cool and a return to what you want, but I'm doubting it a bit.
            I am actually based in Dublin, that Kebeb story is my family, purely there for the holidays.

Yeah still to do a trip report for that 4 years. Will get to it when back from london (weekend trip)
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Win A House in Dublin Roscommon GAA draw tonight. Wish me luck dudes. Although my gut is telling me this is already in the bag and your best wishes are superfluous. 15,000 tickets sold, so 14,999 other suckers have spent €1,499,900 for me to have a cheap house in a city I don't live in.
                ...Actually came on here to post my wishes for you to win one of the consolation prizes, as clearly I'm winning this...14997 people will be disappointed in just over 3 hours, as I float to victory with one of of my 3 tickets...I'll have an IPB welcome party in late January though...

Comment

Comment

A few years ago I went up to the counter of my local hardware shop with €8.50 worth of stuff.

Owner said he can't accept my card as the bank have a minimum limit of €10 set on his machine.

Rather than buy something for €1.50 I handed the lying cunt his stuff back and went to Woodies.

Have never went back.

Miserable bastard not understanding that the 40c charge he incurrs means he doesn't have to secure my cash or visit the bank with it.
                    Yeah I've read that cash costs in the US are around 15%

Comment

Have never went back.

Since when did you become a miserable auld bollox?!

Comment

Cloonfad, Co. Roscommon.

aka Las Vegas

SPOILER
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

The CCTV notice adding a nice little truism to 'he sees you when your sleeping, he knows when your awake, he knows if you've been bad or good...'
                            That was only about quarter of the madness captured there. He had both sides of the road done.

All in a good cause anyway so we lobbed in a few quid and marvelled at the wonders.

Comment

Win A House in Dublin Roscommon GAA draw tonight. Wish me luck dudes. Although my gut is telling me this is already in the bag and your best wishes are superfluous. 15,000 tickets sold, so 14,999 other suckers have spent €1,499,900 for me to have a cheap house in a city I don't live in.
                              ...Unless your name is KUMAR GANAGH FROM LUCAN, then hard luck with this one...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Maybe the move to Francel.
                                          You moved to France? Should have mentioned it m8

Comment

Comment

Comment

Posted a notice in elbows potato room m8, did you not see it Fri night?
                                                Nah he's avoiding me

Comment

We actually use adult Lego to teach 'design thinking' (the big innovation thing at the moment)
                                                  Lego was ruined for me as soon as they started putting instructions in it.
                                                  Gimme a bag of random blocks and imagination over 3500 color coded steps any day
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Bears D gonna throw this to fuck over the eagles I'd say

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        I'm keen to buy myself a big jigsaw to tackle at the end of January. Any recommendations of where to go shopping online?
                                                        Might take a while lol

Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

I'm keen to buy myself a big jigsaw to tackle at the end of January. Any recommendations of where to go shopping online?
                                                          Art and Hobby shops have decent selection, have shops in most of the big shopping centres and online shop. Did this one while back https://www.artnhobby.ie/1000pc-puzzle-munich was enjoyable. The next one I got was a panorama which didnt realise at the time, takes up a shitload of space so prob better off sticking to regular format

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                            Art and Hobby shops have decent selection, have shops in most of the big shopping centres and online shop. Did this one while back https://www.artnhobby.ie/1000pc-puzzle-munich was enjoyable. The next one I got was a panorama which didnt realise at the time, takes up a shitload of space so prob better off sticking to regular format
                                                            How long did it take you to do roughly?
                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              Lego was ruined for me as soon as they started putting instructions in it.
                                                              Gimme a bag of random blocks and imagination over 3500 color coded steps any day
                                                              Spent hours today messing with a 30 month old and a box of lego, he was having much more fun with the random blocks and bits and pieces than the made up cars etc.
                                                              He was telling me the names of the different shapes and told me that one was a trapezoid I had to check the and was right! 2 and a half years and he knows a trapezoid from a rectangle
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The John Malkovich Poirot on BBC was much better than you'd expect that sort of thing to be.

Comment

...I got a 3d jigsaw when I was 12 or 13...Think it was a 15,000 piece...Was super excited to finish all of the base of it, but to this day have never figured out how to make the jigsaw go upwards...

Comment

If the championship races at Cheltenham aren't puzzle enough to be challenging you during February, I can only surmise that you have them solved already. WP

Comment

The bro got one for Christmas of personal photographs in a 1000 piece jigsaw. The SIL ordered it online. Might be an idea to order some equine picture that has meaning for you.
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Ever heard of Google? Just buy a fucking jigsaw you monumental twat.

I'm keen to buy myself a pair of socks in February. Any recommendations of where to go shopping online?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                          The bro got one for Christmas of personal photographs in a 1000 piece jigsaw. The SIL ordered it online. Might be an idea to order some equine picture that has meaning for you.
                                                                          I bought a. Jigsaw few yrs back of a memory . Did in black and white for extra confusion. Was good crack putting together. Stuck with sellotape at back to keep together.

Again a photo. Uploaded to some site online. Well worth the money and wasn't expensive
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Are jigsaws back in fashion? (or maybe they never went out)

Mrs Lao Lao's niece brought 3 of them back with her from Canada (they are staying with us over Christmas/New Year).

I came home from work last week and saw one just started on the kitchen table and got stuck into it. Had to eventually pull myself away from it as the poor 9 year old wasn't getting a look in to her own jigsaw.

Hadn't done a jigsaw in years and had forgotten how enjoyable they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                              Are jigsaws back in fashion? (or maybe they never went out)

Mrs Lao Lao's niece brought 3 of them back with her from Canada (they are staying with us over Christmas/New Year).

I came home from work last week and saw one just started on the kitchen table and got stuck into it. Had to eventually pull myself away from it as the poor 9 year old wasn't getting a look in to her own jigsaw.

Hadn't done a jigsaw in years and had forgotten how enjoyable they were.
                                                                              they never went out of fashion. xmas week without a jigsaw or 2 is just not xmas. we've got a few Jan van haasteren ones like the below which are great fun to do.

SPOILER

Comment

Jigsaw wankers.

Get a few colouring books too.
                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                  Jigsaw wankers.

Get a few colouring books too.

Comment

Still waiting for someone to come on looking for recommendations on a water sommelier

Water Sommelier Martin Riese Interviewed by Conan O'Brian Part 1 with Simon Pegg
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

That time of year again, when I pull together my top twenty tunes of the year. Rather than sticking in a You Tube video for each one, I've tried to add my Spotify playlist (will probably make a balls of it )

20) Editors – Magazine
                                                                                        19) Squarehead – Always On
                                                                                        18) We Cut Corners – Rainy Night in Slomo
                                                                                        17) David Kitt - Like Lightning
                                                                                        16) King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard – Beginners Luck
                                                                                        15) AE Mak – Glow
                                                                                        14) Christine & The Queens – 5 Dollars
                                                                                        13) Jungle – Heavy, California
                                                                                        12) George Ezra - Shotgun
                                                                                        11) Roisin Murphy – The Rumble
                                                                                        10) Maggie Rogers – Give A Little
                                                                                        9) The 1975 – Love If We Made It
                                                                                        8) SPIES – Watchman
                                                                                        7) Villagers – A Trick Of The Light
                                                                                        6) Tanjier – Lights
                                                                                        5) Saint Sister – Twin Peaks
                                                                                        4) The Fontaines DC – Boys In The Better Land
                                                                                        3) Young Fathers – Toy
                                                                                        2) Janelle Monae – Make Me Feel
                                                                                        1) David Byrne – Everybody’s Coming To My House

Comment

The below can be read by everybody except Dom

SPOILER
                                                                                          I'm setting the line at 3.5 for number of artists Dom has heard of

Comment

If there is a better way to add a Spotify playlist, can one of the intelligent members on here, let me know, please and thanks!

Comment

So 3 days off work. My dad coming up from kerry this eve as he does most yrs. I wake up with sore throat, nose, cough and weak as fuck.

Post arrived a gift from Miss Hansen

Currently drinking mulled wine (quite soothing) while reading the above
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

If there is a better way to add a Spotify playlist, can one of the intelligent members on here, let me know, please and thanks!
                                                                                                The link works fine.
                                                                                                There's add ons to embed Spotify playlists etc but link works fine
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  Spent hours today messing with a 30 month old and a box of lego, he was having much more fun with the random blocks and bits and pieces than the made up cars etc.
                                                                                                  He was telling me the names of the different shapes and told me that one was a trapezoid I had to check the and was right! 2 and a half years and he knows a trapezoid from a rectangle
                                                                                                  That's from watching Umi Zumi, my little one said the exact same at that age. Blew me away.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Unders please.

SPOILER
                                                                                                    2 at most.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Hmmm I'll take the overs there.

SPOILER
                                                                                                      George Ezra, The 1975, Roisin Murphy & David Kitt.

Janelle Monae an outsider too, she's done a few bits with some bigger stars like Lupe Fiasco & she starred in Hidden Figures too

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Overs for sure

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                          Unders please.

SPOILER
                                                                                                          2 at most.
                                                                                                          Definitely unders.

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Ive only heard of two of the artists and none of the tracks. I clearly need to stop doing conference calls and listening to podcasts on my commute and diversify my music listening habits.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Anyone watch the Jayo documentary on RTÉ last night? A very interesting watch but so many unanswered questions. How exactly did he go off the rails after 1995? How come he married and had a kid so young? What did he do for money apart from TV and ads? When he went back to college what did he do? A bit more detail on his Chinese family (although that was so raw that maybe that needs more time).

A great watch on the RTE player if you’re doing nothing today.

Comment

2019 MultiSport Competition open now.

Very popular comp last year. Not the easiest, takes a good hour to come up with an entry.

Don't worry if you know little about some of the sports, this years victor RichieM only needed to get 9 of the 40 correct to win.

Comment

Is there a good website where you can put in what tv shows you like and it spits out recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                  Anyone watch the Jayo documentary on RTÉ last night? A very interesting watch but so many unanswered questions. How exactly did he go off the rails after 1995? How come he married and had a kid so young? What did he do for money apart from TV and ads? When he went back to college what did he do? A bit more detail on his Chinese family (although that was so raw that maybe that needs more time).

A great watch on the RTE player if you’re doing nothing today.
                                                                                                                  When I was with PPP I ran into him in a work situation, he was employed by the Louis Fitzgerard hospitality group at the time, was their PR guy or something similar (general glad-hander type role, which you'd imagine former GAA stars would have a lot of value as). This was back in 2009/2010.

Comment

2/20 for me. And I'm way cooler than 5star.

Comment

...

Comment

I think it's a good line by Lao Lao. I'll go with the unders too.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        17) David Kitt - Like Lightning
                                                                                                                        12) George Ezra - Shotgun
                                                                                                                        1) David Byrne – Everybody’s Coming To My House

Comment

Good list lao lao. Yer average non muso deffo knows at least 6 though .

My fav from last year. Portugal man.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X