Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
    Has anyone actually been in touch with you?
    Nope, only happened last night. Doubt there's anyone around from building management today.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Some interesting stuff in the 30 year state papers release.
      This year there's even an 80 year-old one re Paddy Kavanagh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        What are you meant to do though in that spot? Waking neighbours at that time to open the front door is a bit mental. Sleeping outside on a winter night is surely a bit of a health risk. Very little options but to break in.
        Is there not a security company or an emergency number?

I guess it depends on how well you know the neighbours but I'd probably have gone that route and fck them if they can't take a joke.
        It must have taken a fair bit of effort and noise to get through the door
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Gave my Dad a hug last night and knocked one of his teeth out.

Had to find an emergency dentist this morning.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Is there not a security company or an emergency number?

I guess it depends on how well you know the neighbours but I'd probably have gone that route and fck them if they can't take a joke.
            It must have taken a fair bit of effort and noise to get through the door
            There is an emergency number yeah but wouldn't have been much use at that time i'd imagine. There's certainly no overnight security.

One hard tug broke the lock surprisingly so doubt it caused much of a commotion at all.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              There is an emergency number yeah but wouldn't have been much use at that time i'd imagine. There's certainly no overnight security.

One hard tug broke the lock surprisingly so doubt it caused much of a commotion at all.
              I'd say you're overthinking it then, call them to fix it and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018...-state-papers/
                Poor oul Paddy

The garda leading the probe concluded his report saying that he had made inquiries as to Kavanagh’s present address, but had not been able to ascertain it.
                They never considered looking in McDaids then

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Leave it a few days before ringing and the CCTV from last night will probably be overwritten.
                    That sound like WW. "Why would I ring you if I was the one that broke it. Am not your suspect, no siree..."
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      Nealon's at 7.
                      Syl Fox and Red Hurley in the Red Cow.
                      Disappointed you won't be there tbf
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                        Nealon's at 7.
                        Might be closer to half 7 at this stage
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Syl Fox and Red Hurley in the Red Cow.
                          Disappointed you won't be there tbf
                          I know what the 3rd thing is but dunno the other two. Better be real good. :P
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Pints with Andy rigger and luckforsome are going down extremely well in nealons. Happy xmas

Comment

Any heads I'd recognise in Nealons? Just finished up pints nearby. Could have a deoch an bothar.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                Any heads I'd recognise in Nealons? Just finished up pints nearby. Could have a deoch an bothar.
                                Yeah pop in. We're seated second table inside the door

Andy and rigger say it would be lovely to have one with ya

Comment

Ah balls. Already out of town. Forgot this wasn't WhatsApp and wasn't getting a notification!

Comment

Heading into town now. Where u at
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      Ah balls. Already out of town. Forgot this wasn't WhatsApp and wasn't getting a notification!
                                      Was lovely to see you m8

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                        H wrong into town now. Where u at
                                        Nealons m8. 2nd table inside the door

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                          Nealons m8. 2nd table inside the door
                                          ...I'm at the 1st table, was kicked out of the group...

Comment

Going to the jar on Camden st
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Going to the jar on Camden st
                                              Was lovely to see you m8

Comment

Anyone watch Bandersnatch yet? I got about an hour in, dozed off for about 10 mins and ruined it. Can't go back to where i was, so need to rewatch it.

I was writing down all my choices just to see how it compares, so can either copy it again completely or go down a different route. Decisions

Comment

Was lovely to see you m8
                                                  Stop avoiding me and step up

Comment

Stop avoiding me and step up
                                                    Meet ya outside the potato room. Yer all guff

Comment

Meet ya outside the potato room. Yer all guff
                                                      Potato room is beyond your reach at this stage

Comment

Potato room is beyond your reach at this stage
                                                        Fight me you lil bitch

SPOILER

Comment

I’m on Camden st.

Comment

Quiet in here today.
                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                              Quiet in here today.
                                                              I'd say most aren't sure what day it is at this stage. I know I was a bit confused!

Comment

Meant to have left Dublin over two hours ago to head out west for New Years only Mrs Lao Lao has been faffing about for ages. Should be gone in the next 30 minutes, hopefully, which puts us in Roundstone for around 6ish. Bit of a waste of a day but it is a rather lazy day.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                  Quiet in here today.
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

So true.

Dragged myself out of bed this morning to go do parkrun just so my body would know it's a Saturday.

Supping pints in Mulligans now after a couple in Bowes. Thanks to Denny & Dice for those particular recommendations. Will hit up other people's in time.

Comment

@Dice. Going to Hartes now to watch sport. Might be in the other place tomorrow.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Lot of bite in this Munster-Leinster match... like the matches of yore!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                          Just the two yellows and one red in the 1st half so far!

Comment

Munster player reffing, two yellows and a red for Leinster , twitter should be fun

Comment

Just the two yellows and one red in the 1st half so far!
                                                                              Could have been 4 yellows and a Red for Leinster, 1 yellow for Munster.

Stupid stupid stuff from Leinster tbh.

Comment

Pity about that intercept, would have been a great finish if Leinster had gone over then.

Comment

Much better second half. First half was too much self-inflicted damage to come back from even though they had a good go of it.

The intercept was unfortunately as telegraphed as it could have been. I'm a big fan of Frawley so don't care too much about it, he'll bounce back, but it was never ever on there.

Comment

...

Comment

Good or wha?

Comment

Holding one's piss with an ever increasing urgency for one hour and fifteen is enough to put one off either drinking in town, or domiciling on the border of Kildare.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018...-state-papers/
                                                                                          This is a doozy!

a briefing note, marked ‘confidential’, which was taken after an official from the Irish Embassy had a lunch meeting with Ian Gow, the outspoken Conservative party MP and the UK’s Attorney General Sir Michael Havers.

Mr Havers, a World War II veteran was a Conservative MP from 1970 to 1987. He had a lengthy legal career where he was Attorney General before he became Lord Chancellor.

When Mr Havers met the Irish Government official and Mr Gow at the lunch in London he told a most bizarre story.

The document dated 1987, but released today, stated: "Havers said that when he came out of the anaesthetic after his heart operation (his wife and surgeons were there) he immediately shouted: ‘We must Kill Paisley!’

He cannot explain it. He said, ‘wouldn’t it confirm everything Paisley accuses us of?’"

Comment

Looks like Churchtown Stores, the old hardware shop is now a pub. Had a look on my afternoon strole, though it seems it only opens at 3 or 4.

Comment

Screener season has started. First couple that dropped are Green Book and Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Opr

Comment

They did a lovely job on the decor, nice picture of the brothers at the bar. Had a look at menu in union cafe the other day, €25 for a plate of pasta and prawns, jogged on and fed 2 of us in Howard's way for £28
                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      Holding one's piss with an ever increasing urgency for one hour and fifteen is enough to put one off either drinking in town, or domiciling on the border of Kildare.
                                                                                                      On the nitelink now about to embark on similar voyage home . Out since 5 . 4 drinks in temple bar 33.70. Feel like I went all in utg with 7 2. Fuck you temple bar for calling . roadhouse doors were fantastic

Comment

The idea of a city's retail spaces being a place for anything other than entertainment will be stone dead in a decade. Cities will all be pubs and cafes then, so Churchtown is just a glorious forebearer of this nicer future .

tbh I already find it kinda bizarre that people make an effort outside online shopping, to visit anything other than food shops and the occasional clothes store.
                                                                                                        Really? Would imagine it's impossible to get a car or sofa, etc without going to the relevant store to test for suitability.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

tbh I already find it kinda bizarre that people make an effort outside online shopping, to visit anything other than food shops and the occasional clothes store.
                                                                                                              Ah. I doubt you were ever a hardware store kind of person.

I still miss it a bit. Mostly for tiny odds and ends that admittedly couldn't be viable as a business model.

Most recent example was wanting to buy a 'carriage bolt' to replace a worn one on my saxophone stand. Not only did I have to find out what such a bolt was called, but I also had to get out my vernier calipers to measure it correctly, and then wait 2 weeks for it to arrive from China via ebay. Back in the day you'd bring the worn one around to the hardware store and they'd find a suitable replacement for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                Ah. I doubt you were ever a hardware store kind of person.
                                                                                                                Quality burn CC.

8/10.
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Went round to Churchtown Stores last year for a fireguard and tray. In my naivety didnt realise they weren't standard issue, on seeing my blank response to the sizing question, one of the venerable gentlemen behind the counter asked what street and number the house was. Ah that was one of the xyz ones built in the 50s it will be a abc one he needs, there are some near the fence posts.
                                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Customer service. It’s why people go to pubs rather than buying drink cheaper in off licenses. CC example above is a great one, much like the fishmonger beside me who when I say “can I have 4 cod” he says “no your having haddock today” because he knows the haddock is a decent catch and I’m really just looking for fish

Comment

Oh my god Bandersnatch!
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                      Good or wha?
                                                                                                                      Pretty great.
                                                                                                                      Ended down some weird and wonderful alleyways.
                                                                                                                      The 'happy' ending is typical black mirror
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                        Screener season has started. First couple that dropped are Green Book and Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Opr
                                                                                                                        Its the most wonderful time of the year

Comment

Just in the interest of a flip side.

A few years ago I went up to the counter of my local hardware shop with €8.50 worth of stuff.

Owner said he can't accept my card as the bank have a minimum limit of €10 set on his machine.

Rather than buy something for €1.50 I handed the lying cunt his stuff back and went to Woodies.

Have never went back.

Miserable bastard not understanding that the 40c charge he incurrs means he doesn't have to secure my cash or visit the bank with it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X