Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
    Cant believe the eagles might have pissed this game away
    How laggy is your stream. They kicked a game winning field goal with 3 seconds on the clock

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
      Cant believe the eagles might have pissed this game away
      Foles did well to get up after that hit and bring in the W.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Love it when Joe Rogan has somebody on from an area he has very little knowledge of, as he mostly lets them ramble on. Though I've always been uncomfortable with the notion of explaining physics through any language other than maths.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Miriam O'Callaghan's interview with Van was something special.

Wow, I hate Miriam with a vengeance. Van sounds unusually happy.

Comment

She did a similar show with Shane MacGowan two weeks ago, that imo should never have been broadcast. I'm pretty sure I'm not snowflakey, but somebody that ill should not be used like that.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Was re-listening to some of his stuff last week and it's still genius. He is a shell of a thing now (that horrific 60th birthday celebration thing for example). I'm sure when he dies there will be a huge outpouring but he really died a long time ago.
                The radio thing 2 weeks ago was even worse than that. At least that was a live event iirc. This was a recorded interview where he wouldn't have passed the Turing test.

Comment

Always slightly annoyed and simultaneously glad that I've never met Van Morrison. Think the closest I ever got was when I was working in a petrol station about 25 years ago, and I think he filled the tank, but is was definitely the wifey Rocca that came up to pay, and was looking for a cigar for Van. I remember being so pissed that I didn't have anything suitable to offer. Like if you'd caught me a few years ago I might have had some proper Cubans.

Comment

Comment

Taken from Joe Rogan Experience #1219:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS1KWv0das8

Comment

Comment

Was re-listening to some of his stuff last week and it's still genius. He is a shell of a thing now (that horrific 60th birthday celebration thing for example). I'm sure when he dies there will be a huge outpouring but he really died a long time ago.
                          Is it just lifestyle catching up to him, or does he have a Parkinson's type thing as well? I'm assuming the former.

Comment

#prayforpensions

Nothing like a 'everything isn't about to go kaput' press release to calm things down

What's the backstory to that meeting?

Is it a 'politicians may have shut down the federal government but rest assured the ATMs still work?'
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                              Anyone watching MasterChef the professionals? Something must have happened because no way he was the man to be sent home and thank jaysis it isn't a real time show because I would have been punting him hard. Thought he was nailed on.
                              Just caught up on that episode, madness. Again I thought he was the lock from the first skills test.

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              So all the club's have been guessed. Spoiler for anyone that might see it later.

SPOILER
                              Norwich
                              Villa
                              Newcastle
                              Leeds
                              Liverpool
                              United
                              Arsenal
                              Take the last two out and you can say “and never won the premiership”. Surprised not to see spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Is it a 'politicians may have shut down the federal government but rest assured the ATMs still work?'
                                It'll be like Trump's doctor's note.

"The banks are the healthiest banks I've ever seen. They're just so healthy, I mean I can't really believe how healthy they are. They could probably take on our national debt!"

Comment

Hitch expertly trolling a large cohort of colleagues I despise on twitter

Please keep it up

Comment

#prayforpensions

Nothing like a 'everything isn't about to go kaput' press release to calm things down

Why are people surprised? Direct consequence of the likes of Obama et al rolling over for bankers post 2008. Couldn’t be coming at a worse time considering trump, brexit etc
                                    Would not be happening if they had hung senior banking and financial industry figures in public like I recommended at the time
                                    Last edited by Guest; 24-12-18, 13:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                      Hitch expertly trolling a large cohort of colleagues I despise on twitter

Please keep it up
                                      Why is there such an indignant backlash? Leo's remarks seemed perfectly reasonable.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Someone, maybe PSV was recommending Patrick Melrose as a TV series and mentioned there are books as well.
                                        Are the books worth reading? I'd presume if they are its better to read them before watching the TV.
                                        Don’t think it matters , I watched tv show first and am enjoying the books so far

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            Why are people surprised? Direct consequence of the likes of Obama et al rolling over for bankers post 2008. Couldn’t be coming at a worse time considering trump, brexit etc
                                            Would not be happening if they had hung senior banking and financial industry figures in public like I recommended at the time
                                            Nothing is happening though.

You can hang bankers if I can hang Roscommon debt defaulters.

Comment

Care to give of insider background on the various factions at play?
                                              I dunno man. I've no skin in the game but could have assumed that the 48 hour limit is more a guideline to wave at as you slog into another shift.
                                              Pretty sure our resident doc has posted much the same in the past
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                Why is there such an indignant backlash? Leo's remarks seemed perfectly reasonable.
                                                Care to give of insider background on the various factions at play?
                                                Long story summarised;

Leo made comments directed at consultants (maybe nurses too I'm not sure?) and hospital support staff such as lab workers etc that stated if they took extended holidays around the Christmas period then the hospital would effectively run as an on call service for 2 -3 weeks which is unacceptable considering the increase in hospital attendances at this time.

Some NCHD's used this as a medium to once again tell everyone how hard we work, how long we work and basically play the fucking martyr card that I'm sick of seeing spouted on social media. This is especially irritating to me this time because the comments never mentioned Junior doctors and in reality more support around this time of year would be a massive bonus for us.

Anyway those who are threatening to leave if conditions don't improve should probably just fuck off to be honest:
                                                1. we knew what we were getting into and the option to leave is always there - nobody is forcing you to work for the HSE
                                                2. We aren't doing it for free - all overtime hours with some exceptions are paid
                                                3. Constantly playing the martyr card probably means you are just not cut out for this and should try something else

Disclaimer - Im on the surgical side of things where we largely don't agree with the 24h shifts or 48h weeks and for the most part we ignore these "rules" and get on with it

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  I dunno man. I've no skin in the game but could have assumed that the 48 hour limit is more a guideline to wave at as you slog into another shift.
                                                  Pretty sure our resident doc has posted much the same in the past
                                                  Some people (mostly on the medical side) are trying to make sure this 48h rule is brought in and stuck to. This would be a disaster in terms of service delivery because it would increase the number of people working in the system and increase the amount of times we have to handover care of patients

Research from Australia has shown that it is handover that has the biggest bearing on patient safety and not long working weeks.

Comment

Surely it’s january when the hospitals really start to heave as people will put off going in during Christmas if they can, electives are not happening and people push to be discharged.

I would have thought that the Christmas week would have about the lowest usage of the year and people taking holidays in January would be much worse. Obv there will be emergencies but labs etc will deal with those.

Not based on any data of course but seems like it should make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      Surely it’s january when the hospitals really start to heave as people will put off going in during Christmas if they can, electives are not happening and people push to be discharged.

I would have thought that the Christmas week would have about the lowest usage of the year and people taking holidays in January would be much worse. Obv there will be emergencies but labs etc will deal with those.

Not based on any data of course but seems like it should make sense?
                                                      you get a lot of granny dumping this week - the process of getting elderly relatives admitted to hospitals because you don't want to look after them over the holidays. Probably the worst form of humanity tbh

The busy time tends to be winter and not just Christmas week. You are right though will probably peak in late January or middle of February when the elective side is back in full swing

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger
                                                        Anyone watching MasterChef the professionals? Something must have happened because no way he was the man to be sent home and thank jaysis it isn't a real time show because I would have been punting him hard. Thought he was nailed on.
                                                        Just caught up on that episode, madness. Again I thought he was the lock from the first skills test.

He was too young and a bit far along the spectrum to be the kind of person they need to be winning that show.

You could get all the useful content of that show into 15 minutes if they got a robot in to spout the for each of the three presenters
                                                        Monica is now competing hard with Greg to be the most annoying and irrelevant element on the show.

Last four were very good but thought the lad with the beard should have just about shaded it.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Nothing is happening though.

You can hang bankers if I can hang Roscommon debt defaulters.
                                                          Deal , I’ll even throw in a few roscommoners who are servicing their debts at no extra cost

Comment

Any Rugby head care to enlighten me as to why Steenson never makes/made the Ireland squad? was watching exeter-saracens at the weekend, and only realised then at the post match interview that he was Irish, even though i've been watching him and been very impressed for a number of years!

He's been phenomenal for Exeter over the last 4-5 years, and is one of the top 5 in the premiership, but i've never seen him selected for Ireland. He's better imo than carberry, jackson, madigan etc, but i've not seen him mentioned once. Any particular reason?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                              Any Rugby head care to enlighten me as to why Steenson never makes/made the Ireland squad? was watching exeter-saracens at the weekend, and only realised then at the post match interview that he was Irish, even though i've been watching him and been very impressed for a number of years!

He's been phenomenal for Exeter over the last 4-5 years, and is one of the top 5 in the premiership, but i've never seen him selected for Ireland. He's better imo than carberry, jackson, madigan etc, but i've not seen him mentioned once. Any particular reason?
                                                              Playing outside Ireland being the obvious reason he isn't selected. Same as Zebo not being selected any more although exceptions were made for sexton but he's too good to not.pick

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                Playing outside Ireland being the obvious reason he isn't selected. Same as Zebo not being selected any more although exceptions were made for sexton but he's too good to not.pick
                                                                that's a very recent rule though. Sexton was playing for Racing and still being selected. If Steenson was in the Ireland set up, i imagine he could have been persuaded to come back to Ireland (no real clue obviously), but he was never part of that set up anyway, so never had that dilemna in the first place. Just seems strange that such a huge talent has been completely overlooked when the alternatives have never been that exciting.

Comment

Really thought Chris Evans was dead, as his ugly mug is on repeat on the BBC news. He's looking ok for a 70 year old, not so much for 52.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Just booked the future bro-in-law into GABs betting seminar on the 19th Jan. He’s mad into the horses and gambling. Last minute kris kindle shopping ftw!

Happy Christmas all. It’s been a tough year around here for many so I hope ye all get a decent break and that 2019 runs good for ye. Olly.
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

He actually got dropped for most of last year and the 20 year old kid was being selected ahead of him. He’s a decent player but himself and Whitten were in no doubt about their place in the pecking order when they left Ulster. Exeter’s style suits him and not playing internationals is probably a good move financially as well for him.

At his best he was 3rd choice imo and given his age profile that’s not enough to pin your life on. I admire that he’s made the most of himself but I don’t think I can pinpoint a time when he was ever higher than 3rd.
                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

In Lanzarote for Christmas at a restaurant see a guy walk in who's last act towards me was giving me a hospital pass in school resulting in me breaking my collar bone and then missing out in a senior cup medal.Small world. Fuck you Alan Quinn
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 24-12-18, 20:13.

Comment

This is a bit weird

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                              In Lanzarote for Christmas at a restaurant see a guy walk in who's last act towards me was giving me a hospital pass in school resulting in me breaking my collar bone and then missing out in a senior cup medal.Small world. Fuck you Alan Quinn
                                                                              Is the fishin' good?

Comment

Christmas Poker Beers on the 28th. Pm Rigger for details.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                  Good man V4V, I'l go turn the heating on now. Keep the day free for yourself to attend as well, I'l do you a 2 for 1.

I'd a big 50% discount code at the ready for IPBers. If anybody wants it just shout.
                                                                                  My own bro in law would love that. Throw me a PM with details if there’s room available
                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    Is the fishin' good?
                                                                                    Very windy would remind you of the west of itekand. Will go at night try to get stuck into a shsrk.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                      Also, does anyone ever wear an apron for kitchen stuff? Only time I found one somewhat useful was a leather one, while hammering red hot iron out of a forge.

Comment

...

Comment

Good man V4V, I'l go turn the heating on now. Keep the day free for yourself to attend as well, I'l do you a 2 for 1.

I'd a big 50% discount code at the ready for IPBers. If anybody wants it just shout.
                                                                                          Sound! Sure it can only help me lose money in a more educated manner!!

Comment

Played about 3 hours of .25/.50 PLO online today. First online cash play in about a year. Won €400. We're definitely back

Comment

Not sure what ye want to do with this information, but you have it now so please spend it wisely.
                                                                                              Equal distribution of 'you' and 'ye'. Curious.

Comment

IPBFIFTY will get you a 50% discount at the checkout.

Great to have living proof in this very thread of V4V overpaying for something by 50%. A true sign that a bust is imminent.
                                                                                                It did cross my mind to tap you for a promo code but I said it could count as a charitable donation in the spirit of Christmas so I’d pay full price!!

Comment

Anyone else hearing little voices upstairs
                                                                                                  repeatedly intoning "is he here yet?".
                                                                                                  Funny enough it's way more irritating
                                                                                                  when you're in a car travelling to Cork.

Comment

Opened my final 2010 Meerlust this evening. Tis mighty. Strewelpeter called around and we were supping tae in the kitchen when I said I wanted to watch the 4.15 in Wolves so we dispatched into the TV room. On reflection I suspect Strewel thinks I'm a little mad as it was the two of us watching TV with a bottle of wine in the middle of the floor sitting an appropriate distance back from the lovely warm fire. T'was only after he departed and I reclaimed the bottle from it position of warmth that I figured he must have been looking at it in some state of curiosity!
                                                                                                    Just on this.
                                                                                                    I was told tonight the 20 min rule. Red wine, 20 mins in the fridge before opening. White, 20 mins out of the fridge before opening.
                                                                                                    Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      Just on this.
                                                                                                      I was told tonight the 20 min rule. Red wine, 20 mins in the fridge before opening. White, 20 mins out of the fridge before opening.
                                                                                                      Thoughts?
                                                                                                      I'd drink either frozen, boiled, corked
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals

Comment

Stay safe satellite dishes.. Stay safe

Merry Xmas

Lots of love Satellite NAV XXX
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Dont think I would be chilling Meerlust red tbh even for 20 mins. Letting it breathe in a decent decanter for half an hour serve ye better. Complex or layered flavours come alive with a bit of oxygen.
                                                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                              My son will live minutes, hours, days or weeks without surgery.

Surgery is at least 3 open heart surgeries before he is 3 years old if he even gets to that point.

The diagnosis is a 1 in 33,000.

There is no known reason why this happens. It's basically pure bad luck. It's a form of congenital heart disease. Genetics aren't to blame and they don't know why it happens.

I can't get over how my first born son is going to die of "CHD". Life is a weird cunt.

If anyone who posts or just reads here has any kinda experience with heart disease from the womb , sick newborns, Crumlin hospital and the transfer from the maternity hospital or any newborn experience with hospitals when it was serious shit can you please pm me your story and what to expect and all that crap.

Happy Xmas m8s.
                                                                                                              Serial lurker but always love reading your posts. So sorry to hear this man, I distinctly remember when you told us you were having a kid. As you said, life really is a cruel cunt at times. Hope you get the all the support you need and I'm also not far from Crumlin if you ever need anything while there. Happy xmas all

Comment

...

Comment

I hope Santy was good to ye all. Our lad was overwhelmed by the amount of high quality stuff (i.e. crap) there was for him.

I hope it's a good one for you all, especially those of you going through some especially tough times, especially Ole and CHD.

Comment

Merry Xmas to ye all. My head is hopping.... Sean mendes out ac/dc in.... Well trying anyhoo.
                                                                                                                    We had a little head banging session to the bit she learned so far

http://youtu.be/om_6JHx2_qc
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Happy Holidays

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X