Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            not to take away anything from Hitch's Euro trip, but just watched the 1st episode of the vietnam war which i thought was brilliant. Is it worth sticking with the remaining 16h+?

Obviously started with the intention of seeing it through but if it's not worth it I'd rather know now!
            It's one of the best things ever. I think I'll watch it all again. more than once.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            I could tentatively do Road Trip????
                            Road trips are the best things ever. No 2 are ever the same

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm going full in on drinking the Kool-Aid. I just placed an order for three Model 3 SR+ cars for my close family members with the hope that they appreciate in value and that I can put them on the Tesla Network.

My plan is to let them use the cars for free until I can put them on the network and then they can still use them as their daily transport after then.

If the cars truly appreciate in value, I may just sell the cars and not worry about ride sharing.
                                      What a time to be alive

Comment

Comment

not to take away anything from Hitch's Euro trip, but just watched the 1st episode of the vietnam war which i thought was brilliant. Is it worth sticking with the remaining 16h+?

Obviously started with the intention of seeing it through but if it's not worth it I'd rather know now!
                                          Found it excellent a very detailed informative and highly educating watch. All sides ordinary people soldiers politicians civilians hice there sometimes harrowing accounts. Very obviously many are still scarred by the war. Burns also done the us civil war with Shelby Foote a Mississippi historían his voice made the show.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Half way through that Bad Blood book about Theranos, the medical device company. The type of situation I'd expect Denny is hoping Tesla turns out to be.

One of the many engineers for quite a long period is a guy from Tallaght. Incredible story how the company got away with so much for so long, CEO valued at 4.5billion at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                  Half way through that Bad Blood book about Theranos, the medical device company. The type of situation I'd expect Denny is hoping Tesla turns out to be.

One of the many engineers for quite a long period is a guy from Tallaght. Incredible story how the company got away with so much for so long, CEO valued at 4.5billion at one point.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/t...t-up-1.3858251
                                                  Tesla has a product

Comment

An earlier order by Mr Justice Paul McDermott restricting publication of evidence given in the trial until its conclusion is now restricted to one media outlet.
                                                    Which of the scum are subject to the ruling?
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You know those 'damn, wish I'd said that' moments? Had that the other day.

Went in to use the jacks in work and there was an unflushed jobby looking up at me.

Main culprit was a youngfella called Jack.

My boss said to me 'Do you think it was Jack?'

And I'm raging. Absolutely raging that I didn't come back with...

'I don't know Jack shit'
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

May never get the opportunity again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          Went in to use the jacks in work and there was an unflushed jobby looking up at me.

My boss said to me 'Do you think it was Jack?'
                                                          What happened inbetween? Wouldn't generally be a convo i would have with my boss

Comment

Shit , Shit

Comment

Shit , Shit shite

Comment

late late show live updates

Comment

Anyone tried salvia? Picked it up in a head shop a few year ago for a kick with friends. Holy fucking shit is all I can say. Holy fucking shit. A three minute super mind fuck.
                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                        Anyone tried salvia? Picked it up in a head shop a few year ago for a kick with friends. Holy fucking shit is all I can say. Holy fucking shit. A three minute super mind fuck.
                                                                        Maybe it's gone off?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                          What happened inbetween? Wouldn't generally be a convo i would have with my boss
                                                                          Ha, I suppose. My boss is my best friend though, we're m8s since I was two foot tall. We laugh about farts and shits all the time.

Comment

Democracy at its finest

TUV are Jim Allister's too crazy for even the DUP party

Comment

Nice view of Messi free kick..

Comment

Looking at that it brushed off Gomez's shoulder. Own goal imo.

Comment

Spurs game on Sky 1 if anyones bored - young Irish lad making his debut in goal for Bournemouth

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    Spurs game on Sky 1 if anyones bored - young Irish lad making his debut in goal for Bournemouth
                                                                                    Spurs down to 9 men, and 3 others on yellows with 40 mins to go. Fun times

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Spurs down to 9 men, and 3 others on yellows with 40 mins to go. Fun times
                                                                                      Hauled off 2 on yellows at HT as both were on dodgy ground - sub lasts 2 mins before straight red

Comment

Hauled off 2 on yellows at HT as both were on dodgy ground - sub lasts 2 mins before straight red
                                                                                        Just switched over from the snooker and didn't know they were hauled off. Should be an interesting last 30 anyway!

Comment

Weymouth Goalkeeeper, on loan from AFC Bournemouth, Mark Travers, scored a goal from inside his own half to secure his team a 3-2 victory away at Bishop's St...

Comment

Munster are imploding against Benetton. Horrific stuff.
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Well they ground it out. Should have rested the front line players last week. They looked very dull today.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Nice view of Messi free kick..

Ridiculous to have a wall that far out

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                  Well they ground it out. Should have rested the front line players last week. They looked very dull today.
                                                                                                  Treviso win would have been a great result for the competition

That gobshite scrum half who kicked the ball away should have been fired on the spot and told to find his own way home. This is not soccer FFS!

Comment

...

Comment

Vladimir Putin's grandfather, Spiridon, was Lenin's chef until he died. Then he worked for Stalin, surviving all the purges and dying in his 80s.

Interesting little thread through history. You wonder what he saw and heard in those times, perhaps passing it on through the generations.
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        Vladimir Putin's grandfather, Spiridon, was Lenin's chef until he died. Then he worked for Stalin, surviving all the purges and dying in his 80s.

Wondering what RD3's opinion is on that documentary. A bit worried that I love it too much, at least in part because I knew almost nothing about the actual history. I'm also easily manipulated by a great soundtrack.
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                          Wondering what RD3's opinion is on that documentary. A bit worried that I love it too much, at least in part because I knew almost nothing about the actual history. I'm also easily manipulated by a great soundtrack.
                                                                                                          Haven't watched it yet. Vietnam is probably the most exposed conflict (in terms of books, documentaries, movies etc) in history so it becomes somewhat tedious after a while as there are very few new angles to explore.

Comment

Lenin and Marx would fit very well into modern British politics

Two likeable clueless middle class ponces with ideas about shit they have never had to understand

Both would probably be footlights alumni, would probably do well on the BBC comedy panel show circuit and get to have opinion pieces in the click bait end of the guardian

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              I'm two episodes through and I knew very little, basically knew nothing of the pre WW2 details.
                                                                                                              Great watch thus far anyway, bound to pick up something over the 18 hrs

Comment

Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Two likeable clueless middle class ponces with ideas about shit they have never had to understand

Both would probably be footlights alumni, would probably do well on the BBC comedy panel show circuit and get to have opinion pieces in the click bait end of the guardian
                                                                                                                  Twas never about "the people", none of it...ever.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

About 18 months since a bit of Deacon Blue was posted. Too long.

Deacon Blue - Dignity (Official Video)Stream Deacon Blue here: https://Deacon.lnk.to/TopTracks Subscribe to the Deacon Blue YouTube channel here: https://De...

Deacon Blue – Real Gone Kid (Official Video) Deacon Blue – Top Tracks Stream Here: https://Deacon.lnk.to/TopTracks Subscribe to Deacon Blue’s Channel: https:...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                        About 18 months since a bit of Deacon Blue was posted. Too long.

Deacon Blue - Dignity (Official Video)Stream Deacon Blue here: https://Deacon.lnk.to/TopTracks Subscribe to the Deacon Blue YouTube channel here: https://De...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SD4lI9GKUE
                                                                                                                        i prefer where they got their name

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Whatever Lenin was, he was not likeable.

He was dogmatic, rude, unprincipled and a control freak. All of which may have made him a supremely efficient revolutionary but he was, in short, a prick.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X