Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Pierre and Marie Curie must have been some gas.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
          Pierre and Marie Curie must have been some gas.
          Probably should explain why they were on my mind. Treated myself to an old minidisc player from 1999. Either never knew, or had forgotten how they work. When recording the lazer is just used to heat it up to it's 'Curie point' and the recording is done magnetically.

Even more surprised that it's named after Pierre and not the wifey.

Comment

Also some balls to be sporting a flattop in 1910

Comment

My son will live minutes, hours, days or weeks without surgery.

Surgery is at least 3 open heart surgeries before he is 3 years old if he even gets to that point.

The diagnosis is a 1 in 33,000.

There is no known reason why this happens. It's basically pure bad luck. It's a form of congenital heart disease. Genetics aren't to blame and they don't know why it happens.

I can't get over how my first born son is going to die of "CHD". Life is a weird cunt.

If anyone who posts or just reads here has any kinda experience with heart disease from the womb , sick newborns, Crumlin hospital and the transfer from the maternity hospital or any newborn experience with hospitals when it was serious shit can you please pm me your story and what to expect and all that crap.

Happy Xmas m8s.

Comment

...CHD, I really hope it changes for the better soon...You mentioned Crumlin hospital...I live very close to it, if you need to grab some food, a shower or a place to kip for an hour my house is free to you and your partner, anytime day or night...Fingers crossed and one time for it to work out ok...

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                  My son will live minutes, hours, days or weeks without surgery.

Surgery is at least 3 open heart surgeries before he is 3 years old if he even gets to that point.

The diagnosis is a 1 in 33,000.

There is no known reason why this happens. It's basically pure bad luck. It's a form of congenital heart disease. Genetics aren't to blame and they don't know why it happens.

I can't get over how my first born son is going to die of "CHD". Life is a weird cunt.

If anyone who posts or just reads here has any kinda experience with heart disease from the womb , sick newborns, Crumlin hospital and the transfer from the maternity hospital or any newborn experience with hospitals when it was serious shit can you please pm me your story and what to expect and all that crap.

Happy Xmas m8s.
                  Sent you a PM, I really wish you and your family all the best in this very difficult time.

Comment

Comment

There was a piece on the radio during the week about The Children's Heart Centre in Crumlin Hospital. Parents talk about their experience and their babies condition, tricuspid atresia.

1:20 in
                      Morning Ireland on Children's Heart Centre in Crumlin Hospital and of all things .....Brexit

Time to fight like hell CHD. Start a mission to do the best you can do for the little guy. Do your research, listen, take notes and ask plenty of questions so you are clear on all options.

Stay strong my friend. Above all, Christmas is a time of hope.
                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I can't even imagine the ride ye are in for.
                        Medics are great and have all the best tech, they are preparing you for the worst and will do the best that can be done.
                        Good luck to the little lad, and try to look after yourselves as well.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thoughts with you CHD. Never in that situation with mine but my mother always tells me when it comes to medical situations with kids trust your gut feeling as a parent and raise hell if you need to get what you want.

Be strong.

Comment

Geez CHD I am so sorry to read that. The heart is such an intricate thing with so many things that can go wrong (I know that from my own faulty one)

Not had the newborn experience or anything, but obv have been through the wringer with heart issues in kids and myself.

Wish you three all the best and he will get the best of care as soon as he arrives. Stay strong for your lady, as she will need the support totally.

Comment

Chad if you need to do a fundraiser or anything like that just say the word, we can all chip in.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                Chad if you need to do a fundraiser or anything like that just say the word, we can all chip in.
                                Thank you but no thank you.

One day down the road I'll do my bit and fundraise for Crumlin. We need nothing other than the big coin flips to go our way.

Comment

Jesus Chad. I'm so so sorry to read that. What a tough fucking break.

What maternity hospital are you guys in? I have experience of the Coombe.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                    Thank you but no thank you.

One day down the road I'll do my bit and fundraise for Crumlin. We need nothing other than the big coin flips to go our way.
                                    Ok. I live round the corner from the hospital so if there's any way I can help let me know. Hell, we have a spare room if you need somewhere to sleep nearby.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

My heart goes out to you and your partner CHD.

Our daughter had a hole in her heart discovered at 36 weeks.

Unfortunately she died in the womb at 37 weeks.

They have unbelievable doctors and surgeons in the combe/crumlin and heard of many kids surviving numerous heart surgeries.

Try and stay as positive as you can for your partner even though it’s very difficult.
                                      Last edited by elbows; 22-12-18, 12:45.
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

CHD I feel and know your pain as most know here. My heart goes out to you.

The staff in Crumlin are absolutely amazing is about the only positive thing I can add to this post.

Read it ages ago and cried for you. Fucking Why does this happen to good people
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Heart goes out to you CHD, our first arrived 2 weeks ago and kind of puts things into persepctive. Hope it all goes well

Comment

Jesus Chadly, that's sounds horrific. I don't have kids but everything I've heard about the kids hospitals in Dublin is that they are great and that they pull mini miracles out of the bag on a daily basis. Hoping you get one too!

Comment

Anyone know what an undertaker glove might mean in the context of an 8 year old?
                                              Pretty sure it's not actually what an adult might think of, as in the burial trade.
                                              Video game maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                Anyone know what an undertaker glove might mean in the context of an 8 year old?
                                                Pretty sure it's not actually what an adult might think of, as in the burial trade.
                                                Video game maybe?
                                                Wrestling? The Undertaker is one of the top pugilists.

Comment

Video game maybe?
                                                  google suggests World of Warcraft but that wouldn't really be an eight year old's domain I would have thought.

Comment

Yep, definitely wrestling. Thanks Lads.

Comment

On a lighter note, sitting in Birchalls watching the Utd match and Mrs Lao Lao joined me before we headed to get some food.

She was asking about the new Utd manager and how Ole is. She reckons she remembers him as a player who had tight, short, curly hair. I said he was now mid 40's but he still has the baby face but a bit of grey. I could see the inner cogs of her brain trying to process this.

She then looks to the screen

Mrs Lao Lao : He looks way older than mid 40's, he's looks fucking ancient

Me : Eh, that's Neil Warnock love.

Comment

Video game maybe?
                                                        Wrestler called undertaker wore black gloves when he was in the ring
                                                        Could b something to do with that

Comment

Nephew loves wrestling so that's it all right.

Turns out Grandma had bought him the
                                                          same present as we had for Christmas.

Undertaker gloves were on his list for Santa.
                                                          Googled pictures and they look like MMA gloves.
                                                          All I need now is an MMA store
                                                          that's open on a Sunday.
                                                          Last edited by DeeBrown; 22-12-18, 20:50.

Comment

Fucking hell Leo you could have just started with that team instead of giving Connacht a 17 point headstart. Still it made it more entertaining breaking the western hearts. Jack Carty is serious class and Joe has to give him some sort of a sniff before the World Cup imo. Been my view for the past 9 months so I’m delighted he really showcased himself today.
                                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 22-12-18, 21:52.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              Fucking hell Leo you could have just started with that team instead of giving Connacht a 17 point headstart. Still it made it more entertaining breaking the western hearts. Jack Carty is serious class and Joe has to give him some sort of a sniff before the World Cup imo. Been my view for the past 9 months so I’m delighted he really showcased himself today.
                                                              Downloading it tonight and was planning on watching it on the plane tomorrow. Sounds like a good game

Comment

Nephew loves wrestling so that's it all right.

Turns out Grandma had bought him the
                                                                same present as we had for Christmas.

Undertaker gloves were on his list for Santa.
                                                                Googled pictures and they look like MMA gloves.
                                                                All I need now is an MMA store
                                                                that's open on a Sunday.
                                                                Shop on capel st does a lot of items like that
                                                                Think it’s opposite the classic barbers

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                    Downloading it tonight and was planning on watching it on the plane tomorrow. Sounds like a good game
                                                                    I dunno if you could say it was a good game. It was entertaining. Poor D by both sides at times but a lot of lesser lights in Irish rugby put their hands up. Carty, Blade, Dillane, Butler for Connacht and Moloney, Dave Kearney, Adam Byrne, JGP and Porter for Leinster. Much better than watching a 40 point rout that’s for sure.
                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

There's people everywhere in my house, it's like o Connell Street.
                                                                      Hurry up January
                                                                      My eldest has house fucking destroyed
                                                                      And will obv forget I gave her a fucking key while she does the 12 pubs and iv work tomorrow.

Shoot me
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Chadders, if there's anything myself or the extended DP family can do for ya, give me a bell. Fingers crossed for you all.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hate Christmas shopping, but was fairly chuffed to set a personal best of only had to visit three stores to get all presents today. Shopping time was only about 45 mins and that included getting store assistant to do wrapping

Celebrated it with a smashing kebab that was the best I had all year.

Was a good day.
                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                            Hate Christmas shopping, but was fairly chuffed to set a personal best of only had to visit three stores to get all presents today. Shopping time was only about 45 mins and that included getting store assistant to do wrapping

Celebrated it with a smashing kebab that was the best I had all year.

Was a good day.
                                                                            Where did you get the kebab?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              Where did you get the kebab?
                                                                              That new Turkish place on Castle Street in Tralee, near the bank of Ireland.
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Off to beat the madness that is Christmas food shopping on the 23rd at 7.30am feels all sorts of wrong.

@RD111 seemingly having a night out in your favourite watering hole in the small town west on the 29th if you're about. Apparently its had a revamp

Comment

Kaleli Kebab? Have had many kebabs from there and it is indeed top fast food. The guy gets his lamb fresh from a butcher in Killarney, Tim Cronin. Great spot.

Comment

Are you from Tralee?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                      Off to beat the madness that is Christmas food shopping on the 23rd at 7.30am feels all sorts of wrong.

@RD111 seemingly having a night out in your favourite watering hole in the small town west on the 29th if you're about. Apparently its had a revamp
                                                                                      Sounds like a plan. I'll clear it with de boss.

Saw no signs of a revamp when I was there in the summer so equally . Doubt they have ponce gin either.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Kaleli Kebab? Have had many kebabs from there and it is indeed top fast food. The guy gets his lamb fresh from a butcher in Killarney, Tim Cronin. Great spot.
                                                                                        Sound right

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                        Are you from Tralee?
                                                                                        Nope, 10 miles away, castlemaine.

Comment

Sound right

Nope, 10 miles away, castlemaine.
                                                                                          Always thought you were from Sligo for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                            Was at the match in my Connacht regalia and have never, ever been so disappointed leaving a match, whether rugby, GAA or otherwise I actually still feel a bit sick today...

Comment

Always thought you were from Sligo for some reason.
                                                                                              Never been there. Place worth visiting?

Comment

Never been there. Place worth visiting?
                                                                                                Yeah. Little village called Easky is my favourite place in Ireland. Plenty to do within an hours drive and some beautiful walk/run/cycle routes close by. We went last year, returned this year and already have it booked for the October bank holiday next year. Proper sleepy west of Ireland break away.

Comment

Fair play to Paddy 'Pantsdown' Ashdown, he did not go gently into that good night, he raged against the dying of the light. These are from last month when he knew he was dying.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The charming lady in Sheridans gave me Roquefort instead of Cashel Blue by mistake (said nothing obv.).

Bejaysis, some flavour explosion upon initial sampling just now.
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                      Was at the match in my Connacht regalia and have never, ever been so disappointed leaving a match, whether rugby, GAA or otherwise I actually still feel a bit sick today...
                                                                                                      Ah the pain. It makes the good days all the sweeter. Being at croke park for the France game in 2007 made Cardiff 2009 unreal. Being at lansdowne road to witnes ROG hop the fence made Croke park unbelievably sweet.

The Connacht team is really in the mix for the number two spot in Ireland imo and has a lot of room to improve. Actually all the provinces bar Leinster have improved this year. Cold comfort today but so much better than last years dross.

Comment

Is there anywhere that sells physical Amazon gift cards?

Think I remember seeing them in tesco

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          Is there anywhere that sells physical Amazon gift cards?

Think I remember seeing them in tesco
                                                                                                          couldnt find them myself so just got a one4all voucher instead, they can be used on amazon

Comment

...Grand old stretch in the evenings now...

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                              couldnt find them myself so just got a one4all voucher instead, they can be used on amazon
                                                                                                              You can't use them on Amazon anymore. That partnership ended a while back.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                You can't use them on Amazon anymore. That partnership ended a while back.

Opr
                                                                                                                Oops someone is going to be disappointed!

Comment

Really sorry to read that CHD, going to be funking hard for you

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                    Oops someone is going to be disappointed!
                                                                                                                    You can get around it by using the one4all voucher to purchase a vplusprepaid card online and then you can use that anywhere online but you pay an extortionate €8 on every hundred for the privilege.

Opr

Comment

Miriam O'Callaghan's interview with Van was something special.

Comment

Cant believe the eagles might have pissed this game away

Comment

Do eagles even piss?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X