Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ole.

So so sad to read that. I hope you're doing ok buddy.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Want to treat myself, if possible, over xmas to three or four hours supping creamy pints with a book.

Where's a good Dublin CC pub that ticks these boxes?

Cozy.

Quiet.

Daycent pint.

Have Neary's in mind but am open to suggestions.
      Dice has already mentioned two of my favourites.

Birchalls is my local, best pub in the village by a long shot.

Grogans is my favourite pub in Dublin. It can be busy at the weekends and at certain times of the day/night in the run up to Christmas but afternoons in there are the perfect place for a book and pint session plus you get to tuck into a delicious toastie after a few scoops, have done it many times.

Comment

Jesus Ole, that is terrible news. I'm really sorry to hear that. Try and look out for your mam as burying a child must be one of the hardest things to do but not to the extent whereby it's at the cost of your own grieving.

Also, don't ever hesitate to get things off your chest on here, either in the BBV or in PM. Loads of people on here for you if you ever need it.

Comment

Omg Jesus what a time to have a look at this thread. Beyond words ole, I'm so so sorry to hear this news. Sincere condolences to you. Absolutely heartbreaking 😢
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

I'm very sorry to Hear that Ole, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Comment

So awful Ole, heartbreaking.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ole, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Words I know do nothing. Please look after your family and indeed yourself over this time. If I can help with anything, no matter how small, just pm me.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

So sorry to hear that Ole.

Thinking of you and your family at this time.

Mike

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ole.
                    Trying to get him home must be an ordeal

Comment

I am so sorry to read that Ole, there really are no words. I can totally understand your view on the suffering, unless you have gone through or experienced mental illness close to you, you will never understand their suffering.

As someone said, you need to be the rock for your Mam, this will be terribly hard for her. No parent wants to bury their child, no matter what age they may be.

We are all here to listen and talk to you Ole, don't be afraid to speak if you need to.

Comment

Ole, what a loss for you all. My deepest sympathies , losing a sibling at any time is gut wrenching but when it ‘s before time like that it can be hard to bear. The solace of him being out of mental torture is indeed something to cling to at this time. It will be tough , you family is lucky to have you holding it together and focusing on the stuff that needs doing during this madness. Best wishes for the new year and may you all remember the good times.

Comment

...Ole, I can't offer you anything but my sincere condolences...I really hope you and your family find the strength to come through this together...

Comment

So sorry to hear that Ole. My heart goes out to you and your family. Gut wrenching news.

Comment

Awfully sorry to hear that Ole. As you know, we had a similar loss at the same time of year. There are lots of questions but no real answers and all you can do is take it a day at a time. Thinking of you.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Many condolences Ole. How awful

Comment

Very sorry for your loss Ole, condolences to you and your family. RIP

Comment

Shocking. Very sorry ole
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      Want to treat myself, if possible, over xmas to three or four hours supping creamy pints with a book.

Where's a good Dublin CC pub that ticks these boxes?

Cozy.
                                      Quiet.
                                      Daycent pint.

Have Neary's in mind but am open to suggestions.
                                      Walshes of stoneybatter. Runner for best stout in the city. Also I was in Mcneills on capel St. Ticks all boxes
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ole, as with plenty in here I'm sure, I've had some experience of this through my wife's sister. It's insane how common it is nowadays and despite that vast increase in information and publicity about suicide it's still very hard to understand or discuss when you haven't felt the same way at all. Take care of family and focus on the good memories for now.

Comment

On a completely different note I saw Andy link on Twitter to a gofundme page raising money to build the Trump wall. It's currently raising $40k every two minutes going by my refreshes. It's at $4.4m and the current rate gets it $28m per day (although it will slow down off peak). That's a serious amount of money to be raised so quick. If only it was for something worthwhile....

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

Comment

Ole, I don't know you but my sincerest condolences at this sad time. A family's worst nightmare. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                              On a completely different note I saw Andy link on Twitter to a gofundme page raising money to build the Trump wall. It's currently raising $40k every two minutes going by my refreshes. It's at $4.4m and the current rate gets it $28m per day (although it will slow down off peak). That's a serious amount of money to be raised so quick. If only it was for something worthwhile....

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

Those are all Mexican donations right?
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, it really does make a difference.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    Imagine being the poor kid out checking his new drone and then suddenly COBRA are meeting to deal with his deadly menace in Gatwick.
                                                    In fairness it sounds pretty organised for max disruption. Two drones close the place down for two days...just wait for Brexit...
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                      In fairness it sounds pretty organised for max disruption. Two drones close the place down for two days...just wait for Brexit...
                                                      How on Earth can a country of that size and with such an extensive military and security intelligence infrastructure get caught out so badly by a couple of toys
                                                      Is it monumental incompetence or an unavoidable disaster that was waiting to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        How on Earth can a country of that size and with such an extensive military and security intelligence infrastructure get caught out so badly by a couple of toys
                                                        Is it monumental incompetence or an unavoidable disaster that was waiting to happen?
                                                        I think they’ve been a bit casual about making the rules around drones. I suspect a strong intelligence infrastructure isn’t going to stop a few lads having a great laugh with a few drones and a stack of batteries.

Other countries have developed drone guns using nets or directed em pulses to knock out drones. Of course when it happens here we’ll have absolutely nothing to stop it. Expect copycat stuff for years...
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Die Hard 2's storyline massively undermined today.

Comment

Bill Burr is on Joe Rogan

Bill Burr is a standup comedian and also hosts his own podcast called “The Monday Morning Podcast”. Season 3 of his show “F Is For Family” is available now o...
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Mattis walking out on Trump now because Putin was overruling his policy decisions.

Nothing matters

Comment

Out for a relatively normal Xmas work night out. Until we bump into the 'legend' that is Joe Duffy in Peters Pub. Selfies taken.

Most of the multinational techno-geeks have zero clue who he is. Somehow I manage to introduce gambool to the equation and set the line on this dishevelled auld lad's age as 64. I accept multiple bets in €20 units on the overs.

Boom! Google reveals Joe's age as 62. Surfing on a sea of twenties, I'll never say a bad word about talk to Joe again.

Comment

Comment

I've translated your post for into basic English for eveybody

RDIII - A modern day 3 cups and a ball scam artist

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    Out for a relatively normal Xmas work night out. Until we bump into the 'legend' that is Joe Duffy in Peters Pub. Selfies taken.

Most of the multinational techno-geeks have zero clue who he is and most of them were well on their way after having 2 or 3 full strength pints of beers (normally they drink Coca-Cola by the litre).

With this in mind, I hatched a plan. I already knew exactly how old Joe Duffy was. I'd heard him celebrating his 62nd birthday back in January on Live Line and I knew none of these geeks would ever listen to the show or probably even know what a radio was.

I focussed in on the most extrovert and cocky of the techno geeks (who was also the drunkest) and opened with, 'Jesus, Joe is looking great for a man of his age' - The stage was set, word spread through all the lads and they all thought he was way older than I knew he was. I let it fester for a while before playing dumb and manipluating one of the drunk lads into offering me a bet on his age. I coyly accepted stating quite loudly, I'd only take one bet as I was on a sure fire loser and was only having a bit of Christmas craic.

The drunk techno geeks smelt blood and a chance for a very infrequent win in life and like Lemmings, all queued up to beg for a piece of the action, which I relucntantly agreed to with the provision, 'that they didn't tell any of the others' - This just made them all want to gambool more.

Eventually, when I had more 20's in my hand than I could hold, I faked a wince as one of the techno geeks gleefully googled Joe Duffy and then let out an ear to ear smile as their collective faces dropped.

Comment

Any techno geek worth his cola would be wearing Google Glass with Joe's age displayed upon his periphery. Had such a predicament occurred RD would surely have taken faint, only to be roused by a minion fanning the Financial Times about his temple.

Comment

Had an important demo last night showcasing new technology that's been clambered after for years, first time I had done a project like this on my own and likewise on my lonesome had to present it to a body that I can't talk about, lets just say I'm not sure they ever smile. It was handed over to me after the last person was eaten out by them. Ever talk for 20 minutes with complete silence and people aren't even nodding?

Demo was at 5PM that determined whether we get paid for the whole project or not... I got it working at 4.59PM. Literally. My chest. Hadn't been working all day. Pretty sure I was on mic saying some embarrassing stressed out shit before I noticed it was live, lol. Nobody mentioned it, just a sea of faces looking at me in silence from three different video feeds. I had to have a minion hold a laptop that was dialed in, just pointing at the equipment back on my desk to show it was working and what it was, he must have been standing there with it for an hour, muted so I couldn't tell him he could put it down. Demo went perfect though and we got paid.

Swanned in today for an hour to grab a bottle of whiskey and a couple of bottles of wine and will head off into the sunset, merry Christmas ya filthy animals.
                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-12-18, 11:20.

Comment

Done a lovely Smoke and Mirrors stunt years ago in a similar situation. The feature we were demo'ing was an SMS alert for someone submitting expenses for Manager to approve online (I realise this is IT equivalent of Monkeys digging with sticks to Techies these days, c 2000-2001 it was cutting edge)
                                                                          The whole concept was as trustworthy as Petrol Station Sushi, worked about 60% of the time. The Boss was demo'ing to customer, emailed in attachment, our sales guy surreptitiously hit "send" on the Nokia in his pocket and CEO's phone buzzed with "XYZ has filed their expenses please visit … to approve" Customer was looking at us in awe like we had discovered fire
                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Just about to do the Xmas cheese purchase in Sheridans.

Stay calm...Don't overbuy....

Comment

Had a second interview at 4 pm yesterday. Finance Executive for a Hotel resort. Left at 4.50pm with the job and I start just after the new year!

Went straight to meet Tony for cocktails, 13e for 4 of the feckers. Went home tipsy and very very happy.

Here is to 2019 folks, that has ended my year on a high after worrying for a couple of months about finding a job.

Comment

Stumbled upon what I think is an interesting Premier league trivia question after a chat with Andy the fat fucker.

There are 7 different clubs who have been top of the league at Christmas and haven't won it. Name them.

No googling now. Play nice.

Comment

Surely easy, no?

SPOILER
                                                                                  Liverpool
                                                                                  Man Utd
                                                                                  Newcastle
                                                                                  Man City
                                                                                  Chelsea
                                                                                  Arsenal
                                                                                  Spurs

Comment

Villa should be one when Gregory was there.

Newcastle under Keegan?

After that random big guns id imagine

Comment

Maybe I'm way off the mark but this rings a bell:

SPOILER
                                                                                      Bolton

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                        Surely easy, no?

SPOILER
                                                                                        Liverpool
                                                                                        Man Utd
                                                                                        Newcastle
                                                                                        Man City
                                                                                        Chelsea
                                                                                        Arsenal
                                                                                        Spurs
                                                                                        Clearly not. You've only got 4 right

Edit to say I only got 4 myself before googling

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                          Bolton
                                                                                          No

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                            Bolton
                                                                                            I'd wager a lot of money Bolton were never top at Christmas (in the Premier League obv)

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                              Norwich
                                                                                              Newcastle

?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                I'd wager a lot of money Bolton were never top at Christmas (in the Premier League obv)
                                                                                                I knew it was a long shot, I thought they were close around 2004/05 give or take a year, they were consistently around Europa League for a few years so I thought maybe.

SPOILER

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Leeds?

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Blackburn?

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Villa, Norwich, Liverpool, spurs
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Notts Forrest possibly?

Comment

So all the club's have been guessed. Spoiler for anyone that might see it later.

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Norwich
                                                                                                          Villa
                                                                                                          Newcastle
                                                                                                          Leeds
                                                                                                          Liverpool
                                                                                                          United
                                                                                                          Arsenal

Comment

...

Comment

That US market just can't stop falling. Could easily switch around in January, but if there's a bad January then we're probably into outright panic mode.
                                                                                                              Picked a good year to jump in

Comment

That US market just can't stop falling. Could easily switch around in January, but if there's a bad January then we're probably into outright panic mode.
                                                                                                                Why though? (apart from Trump going full nutso) I just don't see the fundamental imbalances that were there in 2007/8.

Personally I'm getting back into AIB and Ryanair at these prices.

Comment

They built this city on sausage rolls. What a time to be alive.

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;1087851]Why though? (apart from Trump going full nutso) /QUOTE]

As opposed to the 99.999% that he's at now

Comment

...

Comment

-8 here in Finland . My balls are aching. Who builds a country up here .

Comment

Got so drunk yesterday that I fell out of the bed. Literally for the first time ever. Like I've missed while getting into it previously, but that was the first time falling out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X