Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      We're going to have to break it to Denny gently when he gets back that Tesla is now clearly minting it and the puts need to be chucked in the bin. I'd imagine the 2+2 forum has died a bit of a death.

(Had no opinion on them going to do good or bad, personally, and would have been edging towards them fcking up if anything)
      You're way off here!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        I read the 2+2 thread a few days ago and found it quite interesting.

Ridiculous that he is only getting 1:1 on his money for doing it.
        Even money seems fair tbh.
        I can't imagine his odds of succeeding are <50%.

It's basically solitary confinement but with a nice bed and proper food.
        No drugs would make it a boring month though.

Comment

What are they doing to protect his eyes? Is he gonna come out like a chilian minor wearing sunglasses?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            Drink. Laugh as a Coke riddled presenter physically assaults Billy Barry wannabes
            Billie's a bird.

Comment

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                Even money seems fair tbh.
                I can't imagine his odds of succeeding are <50%.

It's basically solitary confinement but with a nice bed and proper food.
                No drugs would make it a boring month though.
                You're way off the mark here. Solitary confinement has constant human contact. You hear voices and you always know what time and day it is.

Not having a clue of this would drive you insane.

Huck Seed thinks it's too easy though. He wants to do it for 1m. No bed. No food for 21 days and then just water. And he will share his room with cockroaches

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                  RIP
                  Jesus, thought Kate Bush had died

Comment

This thread reminds me of so many meetings from the late 90s, do people still waffle with this shite?

Comment

Wrong Bush , keep mixing them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        This thread reminds me of so many meetings from the late 90s, do people still waffle with this shite?

lets get down to the granular details was one that used to make me lol. Although lol wasnt a thing then

Comment

Just back from a week in Prague for work.

Am a broken man.

Our regional director and VP are both yanks and live by the motto of 'work hard / party hard' and mean it, not in a normal US way of having three light beers and thinking your mad. This lot go proper hard.

Full on daily sessions from 8am to 6pm with everyone in the bar by 7pm and getting to bed somewhere between 3am and 5am.

Need a full on detox and multiple new body parts.

Comment

New Black Mirror rumoured to be dropping on Netflix Dec 28th

Comment

Comment

Been using Microsoft Teams in work a lot last 6 months, has helped enormously with Project tracking and chopped out tons of non-productive meetings. Lumping into MS shares again, they could scoop up a lot more office365 subs with all these value-added services they offer.
                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Works out @ €28 a bottle if you buy 6 before Sunday and get the 20% discount.
                                  How do you get the extra 20%

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                    Been using Microsoft Teams in work a lot last 6 months, has helped enormously with Project tracking and chopped out tons of non-productive meetings. Lumping into MS shares again, they could scoop up a lot more office365 subs with all these value-added services they offer.
                                    Hated the original changeover from Slack to Teams in my place.

Have started to become a fan too.

Google Teams gonna kill them all though.

Comment

Leinster “missing” at least 21 players tonight and have stuck 3 tries on the Dragons in Newport in the first half and tbh look like they’ll kick it up a gear in the second half. Unreal times.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Has this prop bet been posted here? Sounds way more difficult than it appears at first
                                        I think that’s incredibly tough, the darkness alone would make it tricky but I don’t know why he agreed to the random delivery of food, surely he needs to know how long he’s been in there.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        How do you get the extra 20%
                                        Buying 6?

Comment

If it's 2015 or older, then swig away imo.
                                          You'd drink it that young?

I've 2013 Meerlust tucked away and have no plans to drink it until at least 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                            Hated the original changeover from Slack to Teams in my place.

Have started to become a fan too.

Google Teams gonna kill them all though.
                                            For small business market getting licenced for office is reason enough alone. Adding on hosted exchange means no need to replace 8 yr old servers in a lot of use cases. Throwing in all these other products makes it a very attractive ecosystem to be in.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I've 2013 Meerlust tucked away and have no plans to drink it until at least 2021.
                                                  The thought of sitting on my first case of horse head elite wine for 3 or 4 years is incomprehensible to me.
                                                  I can sit on whiskey but wine is generally to be quaffed at earliest convenience
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Is dream interpretation mostly codswallop? Have a recurring one where I'm able to fly around the place. Don't think I actually have wings, and I definitely still have arms either way. One was at a music festival, where I'd lost my backpack, and I'd fly around from group to group asking if anyone had seen it, until after a while people just got pissed off with my questioning.
                                                    Then last night had a very similar one, and it was people in various GAA jerseys attacking me physically, and it seemed mostly because they were jealous of my flying abilities.
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

All that Winning Back the High Street guff is such bollocks. Just offer some value or a great experience and you won't need to worry.
                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                        Is dream interpretation mostly codswallop? Have a recurring one where I'm able to fly around the place. Don't think I actually have wings, and I definitely still have arms either way. One was at a music festival, where I'd lost my backpack, and I'd fly around from group to group asking if anyone had seen it, until after a while people just got pissed off with my questioning.
                                                        Then last night had a very similar one, and it was people in various GAA jerseys attacking me physically, and it seemed mostly because they were jealous of my flying abilities.
                                                        May be just Big Acid finally coming true on their flashback warnings from the past.

Comment

GAA bashing , various colourful jerseys, closet arm flight envy. Its all there CC all you are short is Kyle on Stage . I think its time you came out

Comment

Congrats. You're not an alcoholic.

I would need it well tucked away. By someone else.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Have a 2009 that will get swallyed (technical term) on Christmas Day. And a 2004 of our old favourite, Chateau Musar.
                                                              Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 01-12-18, 22:59.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                The thought of sitting on my first case of horse head elite wine for 3 or 4 years is incomprehensible to me.
                                                                I can sit on whiskey but wine is generally to be quaffed at earliest convenience
                                                                The way to keep the good stuff is to bury it under the not so good stuff.

You need a buffer of about 100+ bottles imo.

Comment

I want that dream.

Bragadocious bastard with your awesome recurring dreams.

Comment

Bragadocious bastard able to buy stuff quicker than you can drink it.

Comment

I also need to tell Mrs Lao Lao, 'drink that stuff and you're fucking dead to me...but of course I still love you but don't fucking drink those bottles over there'

I have since been asked for a library system to be put in place detailing year of drinkability so she can shoulder no responsibility.

Comment

Great article on Sinatra

And some of the most important people in some of the most important places in New York, New Jersey, Southern California and Las Vegas are suddenly developing postnasal drip

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Congrats. You're not an alcoholic.

I would need it well tucked away. By someone else.
                                                                          I used to only buy wine to be opened that night. Then I joined a winery club t the start of last year. That subscription plus other purchases at wineries and shows means I'm collecting bottles quicker than intended.. Shocked myself recently when I realised I had built up 100+ bottles. Easy enough keep certain bottle for years with a buffer like that.

Have a 2009 that will get swallyed (technical term) on Christmas Day. And a 2004 of our old favourite, Chateau Musar.
                                                                          I've an 2008 hunter semillon that may get swallyed on Christmas.
                                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 02-12-18, 11:16.

Comment

I also need to tell Mrs Lao Lao, 'drink that stuff and you're fucking dead to me...but of course I still love you but don't fucking drink those bottles over there'

I have since been asked for a library system to be put in place detailing year of drinkability so she can shoulder no responsibility.
                                                                            I still have nightmares about the night when MrsDIII and her friends had a ladies night in, mixing up the top shelf (allowed to drink) and the bottom shelf (the good stuff) and comprehensively cleaning me out.

We still laugh about it. Well she does.

Comment

Younger brother opened a bottle of Glaetzer Amon-Ra of mine, drank one glass then left it open in sink as it was "bogging"

Comment

How come we weren't drawn into group C there?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                  How come we weren't drawn into group C there?
                                                                                  Can't have more than two hosts in one group, worked out extremely well for us and the icing on the cake was when Norn Iron got shafted [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Saying that we got two teams who went deeper in the world cup instead. Prob easier but we're still huge dogs to get out if that group considering how average we are.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Arsenal gone from battering Spurs for 25 mins, to conceding twice in 4 mins. Plenty of bite in this game though and teams showing a lot of heart. Could be a couple of reds in this one. Need Arsenal to keep the composure though because this one is not over.

Comment

Wish I had scrolled after seeing the Kate Bush vid, after googling to see she was very much alive, checked Donald Sutherland after that!

Well played Mr Clynes!

Comment

Cracking game, Arsenal Spurs has always been the best derby in England.

Would like to see Emery protect Guendouzi a little less, his potential looks frightening.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                            Arsenal gone from battering Spurs for 25 mins, to conceding twice in 4 mins. Plenty of bite in this game though and teams showing a lot of heart. Could be a couple of reds in this one. Need Arsenal to keep the composure though because this one is not over.
                                                                                            Cracking game. Cracking goal by Aubameyang. He looks like he's well up for it. Great to see that little scuffle after Dier scored too, not enough of that in the PL these days.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                              Cracking game. Cracking goal by Aubameyang. He looks like he's well up for it. Great to see that little scuffle after Dier scored too, not enough of that in the PL these days.
                                                                                              This Is Football

Comment

What a fucking game. That should be that for Arsenal. Different animal second half.

Comment

Th tempo and high press works far better sans their "world class" number 10 as well
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Think that's the best game I've watched this season. Great tackles, great football, great goals. Nice bit of bite to it. Football needs more games like that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                      Th tempo and high press works far better sans their "world class" number 10 as well
                                                                                                      But but but, you don't see the work he does off the ball. And if you can't see how good he is you just don't understand football.

Comment

Comment

Lol Pickford. What a clown. Decent game tbf. Liverpool should have been.out of sight

Comment

Pickford. Wow

Comment

Lol Pickford. What a clown. Decent game tbf. Liverpool should have been.out of sight
                                                                                                              did you just tell someone they didnt understand football. lol worst read of a match ever

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                did you just tell someone they didnt understand football. lol worst read of a match ever

First part, no.

Second part, Liverpool much better all game and had a lot more chances. Mane decided to leave the shooting boots at home. Should definitely have been 2 up at least.

Comment

First part, no.

Second part, Liverpool much better all game and had a lot more chances. Mane decided to leave the shooting boots at home. Should definitely have been 2 up at least.
                                                                                                                  iDobby Healy Rae imo

Comment

...

Comment

Bit of an odd situation here. Anyone ever have a problem with ducks attacking their dogs? Not the other way around - I mean the duck attacking the dog? Like going mad and trying to literally devour the poor little thing. Maybe it's just purebread dogs.
                                                                                                                      You have dogs?

Comment

Next door neighbour got a dog last year, thinking it would stop the feral cats from shitting on her flower beds. Mostly resulted in large vet bills when the cats would tear shreds out of her. They rarely behave the way Warner cartoons led us to believe.

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 02-12-18, 20:57.

Comment

Eldest daughter somehow managed to persuade me to sign her up for a 4-day music festival in England next summer when she'll just have turned 13. It's with the Guides so imagine it's relatively wholesome, unlike the sick shit you degenerates would be up to.

She had the brains to ask me first, rather than the social worker mother.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X