Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    Took today and tomorrow off to mind pox ridden toddler.
    Days off are not as I remember them

Anti histamine stuff, gel, porridge baths, ice cream and colouring in seems to be working but I'm fecking wrecked
    I'd say you'd love to be working from home minding two of them 4 days a week

They do the 3 hours free ECE creche and was dropping them over earlier in the car but had to squeeze into a small spot so they both had to get out one side. He squeezes across but gets stuck between the front seat and back seat due to my long legs. Im telling him to hurry up and hes shouting at the seat "let me out you ducking bollix". Mothers side deffo.
    Last edited by Dice75; 22-11-18, 18:55.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      Tried recorking a saxophone crook for the first time ever today. Think I've made a balls of it, though I'll revisit it in the morning.
      Yeah, it looked a bit dodgy when I first glued it on. Spent a bit of time today sanding it down to the right size. Turned out better than any 'professional' replacement I've seen.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Jbravado and a few other Irish (oilyslick from here) currently down to last 6 in first Unibet side event on stream. Not quite AKQJ10 levels of money but if anyones bored.....

The Official Unibet Poker Twitch account. All content is intended solely for those aged 18+. Gamble responsibility - https://www.begambleaware.org/

Stream on dinner till 7.50pm i think
        Last edited by Dice75; 22-11-18, 19:33.

Comment

The Kanye West, David Bowie conspiracy theory has to be one of the bestest ever.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Just can't see the point - it just pretty much does what Google Assistant on the phone does? Went there wanting to buy it too, but it seems to have no obvious purpose.
              Said by the man who spends more than 200 seconds a day on twitter.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Jbravado and a few other Irish (oilyslick from here) currently down to last 6 in first Unibet side event on stream. Not quite AKQJ10 levels of money but if anyones bored.....

The Official Unibet Poker Twitch account. All content is intended solely for those aged 18+. Gamble responsibility - https://www.begambleaware.org/

Just tuned in and down to 4. I know Jbravado and John Keown. Don't know the other 2 guys? Lappin and Doke on commentary is always good though!

Comment

Just can't see the point - it just pretty much does what Google Assistant on the phone does? Went there wanting to buy it too, but it seems to have no obvious purpose.
                    Hmm - you surely use your hands to interact with your phone though, right? It isn't unlocked and listening to you all the time; would guess you have it in your pocket when walking from room to room in your home? Having one or more Google Home devices eliminates the need to mess around with a little phone, makes everything faster and is obviously a 'proper' speaker if you're listening to the radio. The Home Hub will live in the kitchen and display recipes, itineraries and maps on voice command - what's not to love about that (other than the fact that Google are always listening, of course)

Comment

I mostly think you've all been sold a pup. The main real annoyance for me is the loss of data. Back in the realm of analogue photos and music I think I lost maybe a few photos and a couple of recordings I'd like to get back. I've lost hundreds of photos since everything became digital. Mostly through not backing stuff up. But, fuck it, you usedn't to have to.

Bill Burr thinks sending your saliva to Ancestry.com is akin to helping the Illuminati finish your robot replacement.Subscribe to watch more Team Coco videos...

Comment

Well done Sam.

Watching that has given me a bit of a taste again.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Well done Sam.

Lasted two mins of listening to Doke and Lappin fellate each other before I felt nauseous and turned it off.

Congrats to J though.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

I mostly think you've all been sold a pup. The main real annoyance for me is the loss of data. Back in the realm of analogue photos and music I think I lost maybe a few photos and a couple of recordings I'd like to get back. I've lost hundreds of photos since everything became digital. Mostly through not backing stuff up. But, fuck it, you usedn't to have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC9m45AIsGY
                            Taken from the album 'A Bird in the Hand' out now.STREAM/DOWNLOAD: https://beans.lnk.to/BirdInTheHand CD/VINYL: https://BeansOnToast.lnk.to/ABITHshopVideo by...

Opr

Comment

Ha, that's class.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                If anyone sees a good bargain on a santoku or chef's knife will they please post it or PM me? I'm keeping an eye out but have already missed a couple of decent ones.

This is on amazon's black friday sale, 5 star rated, can't vouch for it myself though.
                                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zelite-Infi...3NBS97RZSNBYZQ

This is on amazon's black friday sale, 5 star rated, can't vouch for it myself though.
                                  Wont ship knives, not even knife sharpeners To the island of Ireland, so other shipping methods are out.

If anyone knows a way around this be great.

edit: just checked again and it seems to be working to Parcel wizard.
                                  Last edited by oleras; 23-11-18, 09:17.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Hahaha.
                                    This kicked off baby shark in the house at the start.
                                    Serves me right
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I was waiting to buy a TV until today. After reading a few reviews, I went ahead and bought a TCL https://www.tcl.eu/uk/#
                                      They've recently appeared on Amazon and seem to be undercutting the market at decent prices.
                                      3 UHD models, 4 sizes, no opaque refresh rates.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC9m45AIsGY
                                        These days you can set your phone to store all that stuff online automatically, and you just forget about it. Can then look at it from any phone or computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          Well done Sam.

2006 meet my friend 2018. We are Back.

Was even in a overpriced strip club last weekend after the rugby coz we were too lazy to queue anywhere else. Got raided. #tigertwo

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            These days you can set your phone to store all that stuff online automatically, and you just forget about it. Can then look at it from any phone or computer.
                                            Fuck that.

Comment

Pretty bad sign of addiction when at midday you join up "I have a headache and I feel like shit" with "I haven't had a coffee today".

Root cause identified and remediation underway.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                I was waiting to buy a TV until today. After reading a few reviews, I went ahead and bought a TCL https://www.tcl.eu/uk/#
                                                They've recently appeared on Amazon and seem to be undercutting the market at decent prices.
                                                3 UHD models, 4 sizes, no opaque refresh rates.
                                                A friends of mine was telling me he wanted one of them yesterday but bemoaning they weren't in Europe, obviously he didn't check Amazon UK.

How did you get it shipped to you? They say they don't ship to Ireland and it's pretty big, do Parcel Motel or other have facility to ship for the size of a 65 inch one?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  A friends of mine was telling me he wanted one of them yesterday but bemoaning they weren't in Europe, obviously he didn't check Amazon UK.

How did you get it shipped to you? They say they don't ship to Ireland and it's pretty big, do Parcel Motel or other have facility to ship for the size of a 65 inch one?
                                                  That's probably the difference, I only ordered a 43 inch. I don't know about parcel motel, I assume there must be some company that does.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Pretty bad sign of addiction when at midday you join up "I have a headache and I feel like shit" with "I haven't had a coffee today".

Root cause identified and remediation underway.
                                                    I see one of your favourite SA tipples has been bought up by the Swiss!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                      I see one of your favourite SA tipples has been bought up by the Swiss!
                                                      Which one?

I have Windhoek Lager, rooibus tea, de Toren, Meerlust, Kanonkop...

Comment

Which one?

I have Windhoek Lager, rooibus tea, de Toren, Meerlust, Kanonkop...
                                                        De Toren

Comment

I dont drink coffee thankfully. Too time consuming and finiky to make and upkeep, if the taste was as good as the smell I would but its not. The smell of coffee is godly but the tasts just doesnt match the smell. Id have a cup if offered any time but wouldnt know how to make a cup even.
                                                          Id hate the gumming for a cup and not being able to function without like people say. Hate seeing assholes walking around the workplace with the perennial take away cup in their clutches.
                                                          Tea bag lobbed in a cup does the job just fine. I keep it simple and alternate between Lyons, Barrys and very occasionally a random box of tea bag to feel adventurous. I drink it black with no sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                            I dont drink coffee thankfully. Too time consuming and finiky to make and upkeep, if the taste was as good as the smell I would but its not. The smell of coffee is godly but the tasts just doesnt match the smell. Id have a cup if offered any time but wouldnt know how to make a cup even.
                                                            Id hate the gumming for a cup and not being able to function without like people say. Hate seeing assholes walking around the workplace with the perennial take away cup in their clutches.
                                                            Tea bag lobbed in a cup does the job just fine. I keep it simple and alternate between Lyons, Barrys and very occasionally a random box of tea bag to feel adventurous. I drink it black with no sugar.
                                                            Decent coffee delivers on the taste front - as long as you drink it espresso style.

Stay away from massive cups of watery tar.

Comment

De Toren
                                                              I have one last bottle of my 2009 stash remaining. Tonight might be opportune, or else the 2019 HHE expedition....

Comment

This talk of being back and tea/coffee is all well and good, but how many fish were left at the end?

Comment

Decent coffee delivers on the taste front - as long as you drink it espresso style.

Stay away from massive cups of watery tar.
                                                                  Yeah I like the Americano wouldnt be into the big cups but the myriad of choices confuse me. I like watching the baristas at work and hearing the squeal of the that steam but I leave it too them.

A "how to" on ordering a vanilla latte the right way.

Comment

Newbie2 on the stream today for all his fans

Comment

Was never a drinker of tea or coffee. People look at you like it’s an insult when you turn it down. Why not offer me a cup of soup. Nobody ever offers an alternative. It’s either like the tea or coffee or be branded a wierdo. I hate it when you order a sambo deal somewhere and the tea or coffee is part of the deal. Fk all use to me . I should just get it anyway I guess and offer it to some randomer. Oi randomer, I’ve got this free tea would you like it? Huh? You don’t touch the stuff? Fucking wierdo.

Comment

The soccer players that beat the shite out of a ref in Mullingar have been given 40 year bans "from all football activity" the spectator that joined in was a former player who was already serving a lifetime playing ban for a similar incident a few years ago and has been given a life ban also from all football activity. That's just complete madness. I hope the Gards are involved and they're punished through the courts too.

Comment

Newbie2 on the stream today for all his fans
                                                                          Archived as an example of how not to play poker

Comment

I have one last bottle of my 2009 stash remaining. Tonight might be opportune, or else the 2019 HHE expedition....
                                                                            I think you should save it for January...

Comment

I think you should save it for January...
                                                                              Was there talk of some December HHE debauchery?
                                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                Was there talk of some December HHE debauchery?
                                                                                Thursday 10th January in Vintage Kitchen. It's booked for 8 people, will post next month to get confirmation of names

Comment

Also, one for M7 heads, heard on the news this evening that they are putting in two speed camera vans along the stretch of roadworks from Monday onwards due to the large volumes of cars not heading the reduced speed limit so watch out!

Comment

Also, one for M7 heads, heard on the news this evening that they are putting in two speed camera vans along the stretch of roadworks from Monday onwards due to the large volumes of cars not heading the reduced speed limit so watch out!
                                                                                    I really don't get posts like this or people flashing lights to warn other drivers.

We should want knobheads who speed to get caught and fined as menace to other drivers. Only way to get Ty them to actually slow down is to hit them where it hurts, in the pocket. Australia/America have fines over £500 if caught, which actually works.
                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Hopefully they record the speed properly. Big sign flashed up for me on Wednesday. Your speed is 123kmh. I was bang on 55kmh behind a truck with no traffic to my right. Was bizarre.
                                                                                      Last edited by dobby; 23-11-18, 19:25.

Comment

For the last year they have a sign showing the number of prosecutions to date for speeding through the roadworks. Its currently showing 561 which is less than two of the 20,000 + that go through each day. When the traffic is moving there are < 10% keeping under the limit of 60Kmph so the sign is telling anyone capable of figuring it out that they would be very unlucky to be prosecuted.
                                                                                        On road works like that in the UK they put a camera at each end and if you have got from one end to the other too fast you get a fine in the post.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Genius!
                                                                                            One hesitates to use that word in conjunction with anything British these days....

Comment

One hesitates to use that word in conjunction with anything British these days....
                                                                                              I don't like it being used at all. Einstein, Ramanujan, Bach and Beethoven would be my top 4. Lots of other excellent minds but just don't get that exceptional rating for me.

Comment

...

Comment

Yep. There's a lot of people denoted as genius who just discovered what was going to be discovered anyway. E.g. those nuclear bomb folk, more recently graphene (in the graphene Nobel case, all they discovered was how to make it), most inventions. Einstein definitely in a different claas, and I'll take your word on the others. Mendeleev (of periodic table fame) is a decent contender as he essentially turned chemistry into a science through deep insight.
                                                                                                  Word of warning. I'm 2/3 of a bottle of whiskey in, but. I've always been disturbed by your lack of interest in music; any music! Even from your voice you can tell that you're not tone deaf. Have you ever liked the sound of anything? (probably should have been a pm)

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                                                                                                      Not sure if anyone mentioned this already. But if anyone hasnt been buying the Amazon Echo Dot for £25 they are mad. This thing does way to much to be ignored at this price.

As a kids pressie for xmas its unreal.

1. Plays any streaming audio etc, "Alexa play johnny Cash"
                                                                                                      2. Does Multiroom "play johnny cash in sitiing room and kitchen"
                                                                                                      3. Read Bedtime Story
                                                                                                      4. Play Pointless
                                                                                                      5. Plays all irish radio Stations
                                                                                                      6. Maths whats 16 x 4
                                                                                                      7. Language Whats the french for open the door

Im no Amazon Salesman but these things are just the mutts nutts for the money. Now go an fill you house with them before they go back up to the normal price next week.
                                                                                                      I keep forgetting the Google Assistant on your phone can do all of this stuff.

This is pretty cool for foreign menus and stuff.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Heh, would love to be drinking whiskey. Never listen to music really, just never have the time and doesn't seem as useful as reading.
                                                                                                        Give up twitter for a month, and use the time on the Brandenburg Concertos.

Comment

Yep. There's a lot of people denoted as genius who just discovered what was going to be discovered anyway. E.g. those nuclear bomb folk, more recently graphene (in the graphene Nobel case, all they discovered was how to make it), most inventions. Einstein definitely in a different claas, and I'll take your word on the others. Mendeleev (of periodic table fame) is a decent contender as he essentially turned chemistry into a science through deep insight.
                                                                                                          David Deutsch gave a great example on a podcast when he was asked who was the most intelligent person ever, he said he suspects Einstein was up there but on people he has met, he said it was Feynman.

He was studying alongside a friend of Feynmans on some mathematics who arranged the meeting between them, they meet and Deutsch presents his theory something around interference and random numbers.

Deutsch explains his theory which he's been working on quite a while and Feynman says ok I got, walks up to the blackboard and writes Deutsch's equation from his brief explanation, Deutsch said it was nothing short of unbelievable.
                                                                                                          I'd probably add Nils Bohr & Turing, they seem right up there in raw brain power

Comment

Four, FOUR! vegan places have opened near my apartment recently, three in the last few days. Sat in one now that won best street food in Ireland for 2 of the last 3 years and just opened today, eating my hipster cauliflower wings people watching on Dorset st, great time to be alive, reaching peak hipster.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 23-11-18, 22:41.

Comment

While I'm terribly drunk, I'd just like to say fuck off to anyone who drinks Japanese Whiskey. I generally love Axis Powers engineering minus the Italians. Is it Tara? Oh, it's more expensive, so it must be better. Bog standard Bushmills is the elixir of alcohol imo.

Comment

...

Comment

Nikka from the barrell is like 40 quid and better than Middleton. Bushmills is shite apart from 16yo.

Feynmann is a legend. can't beat his magnet talk.

Richard Phillips Feynman was an American physicist known for the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics, the theory of quantum electrodynamics and th...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                    Nikka from the barrell is like 40 quid and better than Middleton. Bushmills is shite apart from 16yo.

Said by the man who likes cauliflower.

Comment

It was probably only coincidental that I lost my mind when I got interested in hyperreal numbers back in the day, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperreal_number Though it seems funny nowdays that you used to order the rare copy of a maths book from a library in th us, and borrow it or a while.

Comment

...

Comment

Tiger v Phil match down to the 18th AS. Some hole out by Tiger on 17th.
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X