Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
    Will you enjoy lisbon now? It would be nice to see some life... Portugal is lovely.

Or more poker. Goodluck.
    I live here, well not lisbon but close to Ericeira the famous surfing beach which incidentally has been great for taking the dogs to the last few days, it turns out the undertow dragging a swimmer out to sea never to be found again turns a lot of people off the beach. The navy and coast guard have been patrolling the waters while police officers are everywhere, for the last four days it's just me the dogs on the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
      I live here, well not lisbon but close to Ericeira the famous surfing beach which incidentally has been great for taking the dogs to the last few days, it turns out the undertow dragging a swimmer out to sea never to be found again turns a lot of people off the beach. The navy and coast guard have been patrolling the waters while police officers are everywhere, for the last four days it's just me the dogs on the beach.
      Sounds perfect

Ah P+F you really don't need to respond to everyone's posts. Its just too much posting. Have a look at the forum norms.
      I have an average of 1.4 posts a day ..you have an av of 9.4 .that is per day....but i have to say ..i like your posts. But everyone seems to agree with you..so you guys must be right.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
        It's my intervention ?? Sorry for being too annoying ..or fake or ?? I dunno ...throw it at me...

I think maybe you just don't like me. It's a pity ..I am a pretty nice cool person
        One lady to antoher, don't worry, everybody here is odd, people are just not used to your brand. Like there is so much wrong with Hitch that it somehow manages to all come together perfectly in balance to make him functional.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          One lady to antoher, don't worry, everybody here is odd, people are just not used to your brand. Like there is so much wrong with Hitch that it somehow manages to all come together perfectly in balance to make him functional.
          Thank you lady!

Comment

GFYJC
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              GFYJC

Yeah get down off that cross you! ..Jesus...

Seriously though the fact that the police are wasting time investigating this ...is a bit ridiculous.
              Last edited by Guest; 06-05-17, 12:10.

Comment

Phone is proper fucked now, I know, I know, god did it.

Up to now I've been able to temporarily access settings after a reboot. I've tried lots of stuff, uninstalling google updates, turning off auto updates, seemed to work for a couple of days but now it's worse than ever. Anyone able to help?

My main problem other than the annoying pop up every few seconds is not being able to access the Bluetooth menu, is there a way to access it that's not via settings?

(I've to head out for a couple of hours in case anyone's asking me any questions about it)

Having a problem with my phone the past week or so, HTC One M9. The settings app keeps crashing and I can't access it. Also, the icon for it changes from the familiar cog to the green Android robot icon with 'com.android.settings.settings' under it. A reboot temporarily fixes it and I've tried deleting the cache and storage and tried a force stop but nothing's working.

Anyone any experience with this?

Comment

Phone is proper fucked now, I know, I know, god did it.

Up to now I've been able to temporarily access settings after a reboot. I've tried lots of stuff, uninstalling google updates, turning off auto updates, seemed to work for a couple of days but now it's worse than ever. Anyone able to help?

My main problem other than the annoying pop up every few seconds is not being able to access the Bluetooth menu, is there a way to access it that's not via settings?

(I've to head out for a couple of hours in case anyone's asking me any questions about it)
                  I had bought a Bluetooth noisehush N500 and just got it today. It turns on just fine but my phone can't find it. Is my phone not compatible or is this particular Bluetooth defective?

Comment

I couldn't care less if he drops dead from whatever regime of chemicals he's on, whether or not his shoes are extra springy or how much help he gets from pacemakers drafting for him...
                    2:00:25 is an amazing achievement.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Phone is proper fucked now,..
                      Use this

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          ^^ he also had a car drafting him
                          The car was nothing compared to the enormous windbreak posing as a clock sitting on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

(weird how many praiseworthy things microsoft has done recently for those of us who grew up in the netscape vs IE hateMicrosoft generation. Although Windows 10 is still an absolute shambles of a system - who is that stupid panel of icons to the right of the start menu meant to be of use to?)
                            Just not using the panel right.

Turn off the tiles and you have a space to drop all your commonly used programs in an organised way. Desktop shortcuts are so windows 98
                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

how many programs, do you use?!

This is my program use 99% of the time, apart from the very rare need to find random stuff in the start menu. Makes way more sense to have the programs pinned to the bar at the bottom of the screen rather than having to click on the start menu first.

I never liked the icon only taskbar or liked pinning much there.

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

Going to Lords. Can always get a bionic leg.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Thanks for that but that's not my issue, the phone is able to connect to Bluetooth devices without issue, I just can't access my settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Lifesaver, works a treat, cheers for that.

Comment

Thanks for that but that's not my issue, the phone is able to connect to Bluetooth devices without issue, I just can't access my settings.
                                          TV and then the phone. Time to get a mass said for you
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                            TV and then the phone. Time to get a mass said for you
                                            There's a flaw in my soul.

Comment

Comment

He got a much better TV for free. Plus he seems to have mastered the ancient art of deja-vu. His new god is playing a stormer
                                                I sold my soul to the divil at the crossroads.

Got an upgraded TV and a solution to my Bluetooth accessibility issue.

Comment

Oh, and also, my wife is 17 weeks pregnant.

Nervous as hell, it's really really tough, especially on her, but extremely exciting too.

We found out on Sybie's anniversary which was really nice, and made that day a very happy one.

Comment

Nervous as hell, it's really really tough, especially on her, but extremely exciting too.

We found out on Sybie's anniversary which was really nice, and made that day a very happy one.
                                                    Congrats. It must be very scary for ye after the heartbreak last time. Hopefully there will be as much joy this time as there was pain last time out.

Comment

Thanks Dom, yeah, scary as hell tbh.

Just for any of you that are friends with me on fb, please don't say anything, we're keeping it private (in that sense) for as long as possible, wife doesn't want that added pressure.

Comment

Comment

The baby's due around four weeks before the marathon, is there a Guinness world record for running a marathon having not slept for a month?

Comment

Woop woop Conor .3rd one I've heard about today . Your two and my two could be the next Bucks Fizz.

Fingers and all things crossed for ye lad

Comment

wish there was a love button like FB, thrilled for ye both. good luck
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

That is wonderful news Conor. I can totally understand not wanting to broadcast things. I am sure the hospital will take extra care.

I had a fetal doppler, it helped me loads in my last pregnancy as I had so many problems over the 9 years prior. It was digital so I knew it was the babies HB and not mine etc and it made my pregnancy much more enjoyable as I was able to "check in" if I was a bit worried at all.

To date 8 ladies have used my doppler and it has been so great to share with them. To put an anxious mother's mind at rest is worth everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                  That is wonderful news Conor. I can totally understand not wanting to broadcast things. I am sure the hospital will take extra care.

I had a fetal doppler, it helped me loads in my last pregnancy as I had so many problems over the 9 years prior. It was digital so I knew it was the babies HB and not mine etc and it made my pregnancy much more enjoyable as I was able to "check in" if I was a bit worried at all.

To date 8 ladies have used my doppler and it has been so great to share with them. To put an anxious mother's mind at rest is worth everything.
                                                                  That's interesting, I'll let MrsLaz know about it.

We're getting great care, a visit to the consultant every two weeks for a scan, plus she's going to have an elective section two or three weeks before the due date also, well before things went wrong with Sybie.

Thanks Gil, and thanks Michelle too, to you both.

Comment

Way to ruin my revealing that a bought a new old saxophone, that I was really excited about. It's kinda bizarre that my first one is now 36 years old, and this is the first time I've upgraded

Comment

Haha, and you Willie

Comment

Way to ruin my revealing that a bought a new old saxophone, that I was really excited about. It's kinda bizarre that my first one is now 36 years old, and this is the first time I've upgraded
                                                                        Haha, sorry bro. Beautiful instrument, tenor?

Comment

Jaysus, have to go back to making these steaks, she'll muuurder me

Comment

Haha, and you Willie
                                                                            How my life has changed . Currently sitting in my car outside one of those outside laundry yokes drying cot sheet and toddler clothes as our dryer needs a time out. Still though supping a sneaky can and listening to Made in Japan.....

Comment

Haha, sorry bro. Beautiful instrument, tenor?
                                                                              No, Alto. Had a proper blow on it today, and it's just beautiful. It's a Yanagisawa a901, which was pretty much their entry level model. Still way beyond my old one.

Comment

No, Alto. Had a proper blow on it today, and it's just beautiful. It's a Yanagisawa a901, which was pretty much their entry level model. Still way beyond my old one.
                                                                                Do Baker Street for us .

In other news the Gooch and Sheflin will be on Ray D'Arcy tonight .
                                                                                two ginger magicians

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                                  Do Baker Street for us .

Pretty sure I'm not up to that. Could do careless whisper on demand

For more vids like this check out my main channel at: http://www.youtube.com/mikediva For Booking Please go to http://thesexysaxman.com/International Saxagra...

Comment

Kinda weird how happy this made me (considering we have never met), to the point I'm getting funny looks in the pub I'm sitting in

What ever the opposite of gfyslz is

Comment

Class news Lazare m8
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                        Kinda weird how happy this made me (considering we have never met), to the point I'm getting funny looks in the pub I'm sitting in

Wow! Cheers Sham, really touched by that.

Comment

Betting On Zero

Very good
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Coool, plenty of Sax Wankage opportunities with an Alto.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Showed the missus this post and she thought it was lovely, 'ah, that's really sweet' she said.

Comment

I hope you get as many years enjoyment blowing on this one as you did blowing the last one.

Comment

Just checked my PartyPoker account and i have 2 x $22 and 1 x $5.50 Pokerfest tickets. Give your accounts a check and see if Santa brought anything!

Comment

Showed the missus this post and she thought it was lovely, 'ah, that's really sweet' she said.
                                                                                                    Thats the hormones don't mind her

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      Is it not just a depressing metaphor for the stupidity of the type of people that voted for Trump and the utter cynicism of those who support him.
                                                                                                      Herbalife is not a pyramid scheme and Trump is a genius, everyone will get ricj and America will be great again.

FFS!

Comment

Is it not just a depressing metaphor for the stupidity of the type of people that voted for Trump and the utter cynicism of those who support him.
                                                                                                        Herbalife is not a pyramid scheme and Trump is a genius, everyone will get ricj and America will be great again.

FFS!
                                                                                                        Pretty much m8. didnt know much about herbalife its insane
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Shutup that stupid saxamaphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            Just checked my PartyPoker account and i have 2 x $22 and 1 x $5.50 Pokerfest tickets. Give your accounts a check and see if Santa brought anything!
                                                                                                            Saw the same. No turbos so prob go to waste for me.

@Laz delighted. Best of luck to ye both..

Comment

Aaahhh, yaaaaa, tell her I'm shit faced!

Can't have her thinking interweb peoples are nice and shit

Comment

FFS!
                                                                                                                of all products I have ever came across in my entire life I absolutley detest herbalife. Every so often in work women "oh I am on it , i am down 12 pounds in two weeks , its fucking unreal"

I am a sales rep and I fucking hate that product , I am blue in the face of telling people its a pyramid scheme as I was asked to get roped in a very manipulative way a few yrs ago, nasty fucking product!
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                  you guys, hating on a brand, product and company that empowers so many people to be CEO of their own worldwide business, that allows them to work from anywhere they choose, that allows them to sell and promote products that really work unbelievably well, that allows them to introduce their friends and allows them to share in their journey towards being their own boss. You guys are some bunch of haters and losers. Herbalife 4 Eva.

Just had a quick look on FB. Not wanting to name anybody but in the occupation spot on facebook one has listed themselves as working at First Name Last Name Global. FFS.
                                                                                                                  i put up a post on FB and had to custom said post so she wouldnt see it

her most recent post :

SPOILER

her FB cover pic :
                                                                                                                  Last edited by SatNav; 06-05-17, 22:39.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Nice one Conor.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Irish war cry
                                                                                                                      Hence ew and RFC

Comment

Wedding coming up.( Not Lazares ), need to lose 10 kgs to get into that lovely shirt I saw in Dunnes. Too embarrassed to buy XXL .
                                                                                                                        I eat plenty of carbs and most of my exercise these days is trying to catch up with meself. Can anyone recommend a fad diet that will work very well in the short term but upon abandonment will return me to my comfortable clothes again. I just want to shine at the wedding. Is herbal for life an option ? the last diet I tried gave me chandlers that were hard to shake.

Comment

Gis a gawk.

GFYL

Also GGL
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 06-05-17, 23:26.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X