Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 hours, a barrel of coffee, and a fortune on sweets cakes for a bored two year old and the fecker is finished already.
    From the bottom of my heart
    GFYL

P.S well done man
    Last edited by DeadParrot; 28-10-18, 11:53.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      2 hours, a barrel of coffee, and a fortune on sweets cakes for a bored two year old and the fecker is finished already.
      From the bottom of my heart
      GFYL

P.S well done man
      Lol that's last year. He's just passed 30k and still on track for 3h45

Comment

Their website is shite. The link on the main page goes to the 2017 page.

On top of that they give you 10k splits, but the pace is shown in minutes per mile. Fucking useless morons.

Comment

He's just gone down the Milltown Road past 30K about 15 minutes ago

He looked in good shape and had a smile on his face!

Comment

Tracker must be down - the only content on the page is that link for 2017. Sadly I couldn't find him in the crowd when the 3.30 and 3.40 pacers went past at Supervalu Walkinstown just after the 14 mile mark.

Good to hear he's on track at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
              Tracker must be down - the only content on the page is that link for 2017. Sadly I couldn't find him in the crowd when the 3.30 and 3.40 pacers went past at Supervalu Walkinstown just after the 14 mile mark.

Tracker is working fine. Link below

Still on track for 3h45, so just over his 3h39 target for the moment

Comment

Ah ffs.
                Annoyed I missed him now.
                Still though... Had a lovely breakfast and daughter got a good wear out of her mickey mouse wizard hat hat
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Website isn't giving the finish time either as it stops tracking once you cross the finish line but it looks like 3h45.

WP Lazare, great run!

Comment

Its currently showing Laz finished in 4:11 and Digiman at 3:57
                    Another friend of mine who was aiming for sub 3:15 and on target at 30K is showing at 4:01

A woman I know did 2:44 in Frankfurt today
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                        A grand little spot surely, it's come on a lot in last few years, they've really done well out of the surfing crowd. Used to hate the place when i was playing football at home, a rotten drive across the mountains to get there and you were 100% guaranteed to be playing in gale force winds, marking some hardy fucker who had mastered kicking points in those conditions over the years. Ive been back for more leisurely trips since though!
                        Took a spin down to the gaa pitch for a look today. I've never seen a pitch so close to a beach a handy ice bath after a game tho, so must have been some craic playing on it

Comment

Is that Neil Armstrong film any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            Bro said it was good, apparently Ryan Gosling gives an excellent performance.

Congrats to the lads today, I'm just back from Dublin, GFs bro in law did sub 3.10, he's flying after competing in Half Ironman world championships last month.
                            He's eyeing the Norseman https://nxtri.com and full worlds over the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                              ...Saudi's have confirmed that the journalist was killed, but after a fight broke out...Guess the journalist was just unlucky to start a fight with a 15 man assassination squad... Obviously the Saudi Kingdom won't admit any doing or knowledge of it, but it has the potential to really get complicated...I just don't know why they did it there, instead of a car crash or shooting in public...
                              ...Even with the Russian poisoning thing in March, it would have been easier to just kill them like a normal murderer instead of putting a WMD on their door handle, and they didn't even kill them!...
                              Kinda just dawned on me that they are calculated moves designed to send out the simple message "Look fuckers, we can do whatever the hell we like with impunity. Don't fuck with us".
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                Thought it was nothing more than ok, difficult to make scenes tense when you know the outcome. Was at a late showing and ended up napping for 5/10 minutes so probably wasn't in the best mood to watch it.

Bad Times at the El Royale was very enjoyable though.

Comment

Had forgotten how labyrinthine Edinburgh is. Great walking town.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Roddy Doyle's Rosie is a very good watch, but perhaps a bit infuriating for Sunday evening vibes.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Gas Networks Ireland have launched a national multi-media public awareness campaign featuring Daniel O’Donnell. The campaign, run by Gas Networks Ireland on ...

Comment

Very random posting of a 2 year old ad there.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          Very random posting of a 2 year old ad there.
                                          It was shown on Sky Sports earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            It was shown on Sky Sports earlier.
                                            Sky sports in Ireland show Irish ads and have for years.

Comment

Plus if you are using DPTV, it's an Irish stream

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                Sky sports in Ireland show Irish ads and have for years.
                                                Well i'm on DP's Irish stream, but just replying that it wasn't that random for me, because i saw the ad for the first time just before ElShambo posted it

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  never mind. found him!! wow, he's on a 3h45 pace. hold!!!
                                                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  How did ya find him? I'm in the cafe. Looking out at the runners with a gfyl sign
                                                  Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                  He's just gone down the Milltown Road past 30K about 15 minutes ago

He looked in good shape and had a smile on his face!
                                                  Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  Its currently showing Laz finished in 4:11 and Digiman at 3:57
                                                  Another friend of mine who was aiming for sub 3:15 and on target at 30K is showing at 4:01

A woman I know did 2:44 in Frankfurt today
                                                  Thanks so much guys.

Wasn't to be. Was flying up until mile 20 then the wheels came off. Calf popped, felt like one of those kids squishy toys, the ones that pop a big bubble when you squeeze them. Except this wasn't fun

Limped home from there, run, jog, walk, scream, 10 kilometres of agony. Carried down the last mile as everything seized up. Have never felt physical pain like it.

Am ok with it. Training fell apart a month ago with injury, it would be a whole lot harder to take if it had've went 100%.

I'll smash one someday.
                                                  Last edited by Lazare; 28-10-18, 19:36.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Yeah I was there the weekend before last for the first time, its a great city. Love the old stairwells to different levels. Very safe city as well your not spotting potential trouble like you would in Dublin!. The Montebank walking tour was brilliant Id advise anyone to go on this one but theres an adult theme so didnt want to mention it when you said you were going with the son. Real short flight really helps too.
                                                    Couple of observations on reflection. The beer isn't as strong as over here. And there are no barmen as such as they are mostly students working the bars that pull dubious pints and have no idea to mix a cocktail. No real vested interest in the place so that took away a bit from the bars for me. Much less character in the pubs and eateries than ours. But the food was top notch altogether.

Comment

Fitzmagic!!!!
                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Walking from L Mulligan to the Lighthouse last night and there is three inner city teenage lads just in front of us.

1st Lad : It is bread, ya sap

2nd Lad : I know yeah, Git hasn't got a fucking clue

3rd Lad (Git) : No, I was confused as ya called it something fucking else

1st Lad : Brioche?

3rd Lad : Yeah, you said brioche not bread

2nd Lad : Brioche is bread ya thick cunt

1st Lad : Do you not know what Brioche bread is?

2nd Lad : He hasn't a fucking clue

3rd Lad : What is brioche bread?

1st Lad : It's bread but made with shit loads of butter

2nd Lad : It's fucking deadly

Comment

out in Galway tomorrow on preferred ground but I'm siding One Cool Poet myself.

Comment

Comment

I know I'm probably the last person remaining here who still watches Big Brother, but I thought this was quite an interesting task earlier with lots of game theory conundrums.

Skip to 27m 15s.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                I know I'm probably the last person remaining here who still watches Big Brother, but I thought this was quite an interesting task earlier with lots of game theory conundrums.

Skip to 27m 15s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALWvQRu1njU
                                                                Been watching alright... I think I might just love Sian.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                  Yeah I was there the weekend before last for the first time, its a great city. Love the old stairwells to different levels. Very safe city as well your not spotting potential trouble like you would in Dublin!. The Montebank walking tour was brilliant Id advise anyone to go on this one but theres an adult theme so didnt want to mention it when you said you were going with the son. Real short flight really helps too.
                                                                  Couple of observations on reflection. The beer isn't as strong as over here. And there are no barmen as such as they are mostly students working the bars that pull dubious pints and have no idea to mix a cocktail. No real vested interest in the place so that took away a bit from the bars for me. Much less character in the pubs and eateries than ours. But the food was top notch altogether.
                                                                  Yeah, will skip the adult-themed walking tours thanks as have full complement here with me (7, 9 & turned 12 today - far cry from the day she turned up seven weeks early in the middle of a dinner party). Lots of Harry Potter-themed things we can do so that should keep 'em partially quiet. Going to some dungeon tour today. They are also obsessed with bus tours so we'll do that.

Now: the cocktails. That seemed an out of character observation. Either you (a) were there on a romantic assignment or (b), you''re developing some odd new habits!

Comment

I like your man's website btw: the FAQ are written in precisely the right tone.

Comment

Oh, and kids are not allowed in bars unless you're eating.

WTF

Comment

Oh, and kids are not allowed in bars unless you're eating.

WTF
                                                                        Yup, plates of chips all round!

Comment

Another hilarious moment animated by PaulyToon from the Joe Rogan Experience podcast #1000 with Tom Segura & Joey Diaz (https://youtu.be/_ERIRyhQ_34).http://...
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Yeah, will skip the adult-themed walking tours thanks as have full complement here with me (7, 9 & turned 12 today - far cry from the day she turned up seven weeks early in the middle of a dinner party). Lots of Harry Potter-themed things we can do so that should keep 'em partially quiet. Going to some dungeon tour today. They are also obsessed with bus tours so we'll do that.

Now: the cocktails. That seemed an out of character observation. Either you (a) were there on a romantic assignment or (b), you''re developing some odd new habits!
                                                                            haha ah I often like an oul cocktail mid to end end of a drinks day especially if im sumped a g&t or cocktail to get me back on the bridle. I went with my 2 brothers staying in an airbnb. Walking back to the apartment one nite we got a free show from some female students gyrating to passers by from the windows of their 2nd floor dorms of the Brae house student accommodation!.

the last day the beer wasn't going down well at all so next place we went I asked one college student barman do you have a cocktail list and he said no despite there being one on every table. So I got a g&t in a soft drinks tumbler. Then when I asked for a long island ice tea next it wasn't a long island ice tea but it was ok and could get the alcohol off it at least.

Comment

50 minute wait for table for 2 for breakfast/brunch in the new Union Cafe in Churchtown @ 10.40. People now getting turned away. The place is fucking massive.

So back

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                50 minute wait for table for 2 for breakfast/brunch in the new Union Cafe in Churchtown @ 10.40. People now getting turned away. The place is fucking massive.

So back
                                                                                Is that on the old Braemor Rooms site?

Comment

The Museum of Scotland is stunningly good. Possibly the best one I've ever been in Europe.

Kids had to be crowbarred out of it. That's how good it is.

Comment

The Museum of Scotland is stunningly good. Possibly the best one I've ever been in Europe.

SPOILER

El Tren goes in the 4.05 Galway. Think you may have missed it with all the handcuffing of the kids together etc. Just thought youd like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                      Is that on the old Braemor Rooms site?
                                                                                      Yeah. Or McGowans as I remember it. It was fucking awful food. Understand the teething problems with the wait times but the sub standard food was inexcusable. Proper poor. A lot of people complaining.

Ate in Michaels in Mount Merrion on Saturday night. Exceptional. Eaten in Cliff House, amuse and McNean house in the last few months and that was the most enjoyable. Gorgeous stuff.

Comment

Why queue somewhere when you know what your getting elsewhere is grade A.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                          Why queue somewhere when you know what your getting elsewhere is grade A.
                                                                                          Only queded because I was heading to SuperValu after so that changed to whilst I was waiting. Very busy day for that carry on so I should have know. This BH Monday is the #1 for people not having a clue what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            Making A Murderer Season 2

SPOILER
                                                                                            It's awful shite. Vellner is a fraud. She's like a bad second hand car salesman. Casually dropping in stretch hypothesis as fact.

Sure there is some merit in some of her theories but little more. Editorial slant will always lean in her favour in a show like this or else there is no show.
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            I couldn't agree more. Perhaps it offers some additional perspective on some existing evidence but little more. It all appears extremely circumstantial.

I did think Dassey appeared to get screwed over given his successful appeals at various levels and he has exhausted all avenues.

It's been mentioned a few times but check out The Jinx if you haven't already.

Comment

So back
                                                                                              We were turned away from there last week so looks like we dodged a bullet.

That said, we ended up going into Howard's Way across the road as we were starving and couldn't be arsed going anywhere else which was awful altogether

Comment

Only queded because I was heading to SuperValu after so that changed to whilst I was waiting. Very busy day for that carry on so I should have know. This BH Monday is the #1 for people not having a clue what to do.
                                                                                                Lol, I remember when that SuperValu was a H Williams.

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                We were turned away from there last week so looks like we dodged a bullet.

That said, we ended up going into Howard's Way across the road as we were starving and couldn't be arsed going anywhere else which was awful altogether
                                                                                                Is Howard's Way gone to shite? Haven't been there in the last few years.

Comment

Ah, North Korea reminds me of 1970's Ireland in so many ways

a-ha's eternal pop evergreen performed by young accordeon players from KUM SONG School, filmed in Pyongyang, North Korea december 2011. NOW AVALIABLE ON iTUN...

Comment

Joey Diaz is live on Joe Rogan

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          When we moved into this apartment we had a long tortuous process to get internet set up. Mainly because the apartment doesn't have a number, which is a bit of a bizarre oversight. Anyway last week we got the box from the second place we'd tried, plugged it in and didn't work. Waited two days and received a message saying 'congrats' your internet is live, plugged it in and didn't work. Spent about three hours on the phone with them Saturday. Them running diagnostics etc. Them insisting it was working. Me insisting it wasn't.

Anyway it turns out they had installed the internet in a different apartment on the same floor. Despite the time it took them to work this out they reacted as if they do this all the time, as if they are far more likely to install in wrong apartment as the right apartment.

I thought they'd be like: well we are dopes we'll fix that right away. As presumably whoever is in the other apartment has had their old internet cut off (it's a shared box between all internet companies in apartments). But it was another hour to persuade them to set up internet in right apartment.

Anyway, just received a bill from them for 'moving house's, which is how they've managed to classify them installing the internet in the wrong apartment and then moving it to the right apartment. My reason for posting this is that I give up and rather than have another three hour conversation, I'm just going to pay it. Because fck that as a way to spend time. But did need to say it to someone.
                                                                                                          I just realised today that I've always wanted to fuck one of my sister's husband. Like I've always been awkward around him for that reason. Not sure what I should do with this new info.

Comment

Hmmmmm ... For those who have never been there, that might sound bit odd/"more money than sense" kinda stuff. I've been there, and sometimes it just makes sense to do what you are doing, slightly painful admittedly, but less stressful overall than the alternative - so, good on you, once the damn thing works in the end, that's the main thing ..l

Comment

When we moved into this apartment we had a long tortuous process to get internet set up. Mainly because the apartment doesn't have a number, which is a bit of a bizarre oversight. Anyway last week we got the box from the second place we'd tried, plugged it in and didn't work. Waited two days and received a message saying 'congrats' your internet is live, plugged it in and didn't work. Spent about three hours on the phone with them Saturday. Them running diagnostics etc. Them insisting it was working. Me insisting it wasn't.

Anyway it turns out they had installed the internet in a different apartment on the same floor. Despite the time it took them to work this out they reacted as if they do this all the time, as if they are far more likely to install in wrong apartment as the right apartment.

I thought they'd be like: well we are dopes we'll fix that right away. As presumably whoever is in the other apartment has had their old internet cut off (it's a shared box between all internet companies in apartments). But it was another hour to persuade them to set up internet in right apartment.

Anyway, just received a bill from them for 'moving house's, which is how they've managed to classify them installing the internet in the wrong apartment and then moving it to the right apartment. My reason for posting this is that I give up and rather than have another three hour conversation, I'm just going to pay it. Because fck that as a way to spend time. But did need to say it to someone.
                                                                                                              Jeez, fight the man dude. Clear case of fucking morons at work. I know it must be tiring to fight in French, but it's got to be done!

Comment

I think my reply above to hitch probably applies to courier collie also ... Apart from the filthy lucre piece lol!

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                  I just realised today that I've always wanted to fuck one of my sister's husband. Like I've always been awkward around him for that reason. Not sure what I should do with this new info.
                                                                                                                  Lol. I read this first in a hetro violent way, as in you wanted to fuck him up. Which probably says something about me.

I always wondered about this aspect of being gay. On the basis of simple numbers if one in ten men is gay you are going to end up fancying a lot of straight guys which is bound to be awkward if you are stuck seeing them for whatever reason.

No advice to offer but it’s probably something you’ve had to deal with a fair bit. No different then fancying someone who is taken I guess. Just avoid being in their company solo I guess.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Any chance you can send an email outlining the issue and hope at some stage you get a rebate? Tell them you are paying the fee under protest but that you expect them to investigate and that they will correct their error in due course. I tried this once over a tiresome parking fine and it worked. Saved me stress and time too.
                                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                      Lol. I read this first in a hetro violent way, as in you wanted to fuck him up. Which probably says something about me.

I always wondered about this aspect of being gay. On the basis of simple numbers if one in ten men is gay you are going to end up fancying a lot of straight guys which is bound to be awkward if you are stuck seeing them for whatever reason.

No advice to offer but it’s probably something you’ve had to deal with a fair bit. No different then fancying someone who is taken I guess. Just avoid being in their company solo I guess.
                                                                                                                      It helps that they live in New York, so don't meet up with them that often. And yeah, the taken thing used to be my go to rule. On the other hand I used to think I was well in to the back nine, and now everything feels like a play off.

Comment

So followed up this morning's resounding (and free) success with a trip to The Edinburgh Dungeon. First room was grand enough with a 'judge' pulling out several members of the audience and accusing them of several humorously bizarre 17th-century crimes before, naturally, sentencing them to death. The next room however took on a darker tone with a 'witch' on trial, who managed to burst her shackles and levitate above the crowd while the outer walls started revolving (quite impressive tbf). Eldest two were in paroxysms of laughter while youngest went on a hysterical screaming fit. Once the crowd had moved on to the next spectacle I asked the now-delevitated witch for directions as to how to speedily get the fuck out before everlasting psychological damage was inflicted. She kindly directed me to the cafe and gift shop where the pleasant staff set us at our ease and all was well with the world again. I then conducted the rookie error of mentioning I'd left two other minors down in the bowels of the earth. This, apparently, contravened every statute known to man and I was directed to 'the torture chamber' where they were splitting themselves laughing at some medieval mayhem. Swiftly extricated the two of them and now world's worst ever Dad for bringing smallest and now leaving other two. FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                          Any chance you can send an email outlining the issue and hope at some stage you get a rebate? Tell them you are paying the fee under protest but that you expect them to investigate and that they will correct their error in due course. I tried this once over a tiresome parking fine and it worked. Saved me stress and time too.
                                                                                                                          They're French dude. This 100% will not work.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X