Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    There's a tired recent father out there in need of hope like this.

I'm just surprised they got fewer right, instead of less.

Comment

The fat lads are knackered already.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Entertaining first half!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            Entertaining first half!
            I'm in Lagos and Supersport are showing the Cardiff Glasgow match I suppose because they thought it would be more entertaining, it isn't
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              I'm in Lagos and Supersport are showing the Cardiff Glasgow match I suppose because they thought it would be more entertaining, it isn't
              Nasty

Comment

Consider yourself lucky you've got a rugby game to watch at all!

Comment

This is awesome. Great open game. Crazy stuff all round. What a try!

Comment

Apparently half the first preference SF votes are going to Miggeldy at the moment.

What % is it they need to get to recover expenses? I think its around 10%.

Would be a shame if any of them got the 200K and a big setback for MaryLou if her girl doesn't.

I like your thinking but won't follow because surely SF have to a bit more engaged to finish second. Expect to see and hear a lot of MaryLou this week.
                    I think its a quarter of the quota to recover your expenses so 12.5%

Comment

Expenses have to be minimal, petrol and dry cleaning?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        I heard of the gig during the week and was a bit sick that I can't go. Have a group run in the PP tomorrow morn at 8.30am. Would have went out with Collie though to a different gig if I could.
                        Want to outlive Richie Buckley, just so I can found the 'Church of Richie Buckley'. http://www.coltranechurch.org/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ch...Saint_Coltrane
                        Last edited by ComradeCollie; 21-10-18, 16:04.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

What a cracking game. Leinster are a bit off it still but that game is what makes European rugby just fantastic entertainment. That result will be good for both Leinster and Toulouse I reckon. Sets up a cracking rematch in January that’s for sure!

Joe Tomane was poor enough defensively I thought and I was surprised Sexton kicked it away with two minutes left. Toulouse were very impressive in their line speed and desire.
                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

The balance with two power wingers is always difficult to get. Very few teams in the world can actually make it work, because of the defensive issues, it has shifted towards almost 2 full backs and one power wing. Gives you a lot more options on attack with the wing stepping into first receiver role when needed and also being able to split the field on defence with two options back deeper to launch counter attacks.

That coupled with the fact Joe Tomane is a power wing without any of the power, leaves me scratching my head about his signing

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              Those opinion polls quoted were all taken before his popularity has risen of late but I feel they're whats been used to price the markets. I'd have him close to fav now without Higgins yet you can still get 14/1 which is a complete rick. Gonna have to strengthen my position further once shops open
                              17/2 now. Worst thing about this bet is it has me thinking about voting for the gimp, and encouraging neanderthals who are considering it to go for it.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                Want to outlive Richie Buckley, just so I can found the 'Church of Richie Buckley'. http://www.coltranechurch.org/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ch...Saint_Coltrane
                                Good gig?. I like the blues and the saxophone in particular but theres something telling me a quintet is one instrument too much.What to get rid of though. I would lose the piano. If possible id have it just the sax and an electric keyboard!. But I know nothing about music so feel free to disregard or disagree.

Can Richie Buckley do this tune?. At least confirm this is a sax!?

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                  The balance with two power wingers is always difficult to get. Very few teams in the world can actually make it work, because of the defensive issues, it has shifted towards almost 2 full backs and one power wing. Gives you a lot more options on attack with the wing stepping into first receiver role when needed and also being able to split the field on defence with two options back deeper to launch counter attacks.

That coupled with the fact Joe Tomane is a power wing without any of the power, leaves me scratching my head about his signing
                                  Apparently he pretty much begged to be signed and must have been value but I agree that it doesn’t appear to be working. Having said that he’s played more at centre than wing for Leinster so far and it’s hard to Kearns new defensive system but some of his hits today were very weak I thought.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                    Good gig?. I like the blues and the saxophone in particular but theres something telling me a quintet is one instrument too much.What to get rid of though. I would lose the piano. If possible id have it just the sax and an electric keyboard!. But I know nothing about music so feel free to disregard or disagree.

SPOILER
                                    Good would be a huge understatement. Coincidentally enough, the pianist turned up late and didn't add anything to it for me.

Not going to click on that youtube 'till at least tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                      Apparently he pretty much begged to be signed and must have been value but I agree that it doesn’t appear to be working. Having said that he’s played more at centre than wing for Leinster so far and it’s hard to Kearns new defensive system but some of his hits today were very weak I thought.
                                      It's not the system thats causing mistakes, poor footwork, not going for front foot, front shoulder in the tackle, couple of times his left foot is up and leading with right shoulder, angles all over the place, causes you to get spun in the tackle

Comment

Good would be a huge understatement. Coincidentally enough, the pianist turned up late and didn't add anything to it for me.

Not going to click on that youtube 'till at least tomorrow.
                                        Click the goddam link Collie, you wont regret it.

Comment

Extreme longshot, but have tried to find a copy of this Neil Jordan movie for yonks. Mostly in a completionist way; I did see it in the Stella in Rathmines at the time, though just that once. Don't even think it was ever released on dvd, so really asking if anyone has a dead or living relative or friend who is a hoarder that might have a copy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_(1991_film)

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                            It's not the system thats causing mistakes, poor footwork, not going for front foot, front shoulder in the tackle, couple of times his left foot is up and leading with right shoulder, angles all over the place, causes you to get spun in the tackle
                                            You’re right Gordon. I was just being generous but he was poor defensively alright. Still they have a few options if he can’t get it together. I’m actually still sore we lost Cian Kelleher as he has huge potential imo.

Tbh with 3 out of 4 Irish provinces losing and Munster being poor despite winning with a bonus point I hope it’ll keep teams and supporters grounded for a while. The big edge comes as the opponents get ground up over the course of the season. We’re still a way off the All Blacks and need to understand that given an improving Scotland and South Africa facing us in the RWC. No need to be afraid but we need to be at our absolute best to do something very special.

Comment

I'm in Lagos... (
                                              If Johnny White Man wanted to find some funky live music in downtown Lagos could he simply wander into a bar/club no bother?

Is there much of a live music scene there and if so what's currently hot?

Comment

Second year in a row that one of my brother in laws borrowed my electric hedge trimmer in May and kept it for the entire growing season. Think the lesson is not to loan stuff you want back.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                  If Johnny White Man wanted to find some funky live music in downtown Lagos could he simply wander into a bar/club no bother?

In Lagos Johnny Whiteman doesn't just wander into anywhere he doesn't know what to expect before he goes there... unless you are a younger more naive Keane on his first trip out of Kerry

Its the only place I go where I'm uncomfortable walking a couple of blocks to a supermarket during the day.
                                                  But don't let that put you off if you need to be here, there are plenty of good clubs close enough to anywhere you would be staying.
                                                  There is music everywhere but most of it is Christians singing and kids blasting the latest pop from their phones.

There was a really good afrobeat band playing 'here at the hotel last night supposed to be well known but I must have got their name wrong 'cause I couldn't find them online.
                                                  Its 50 50 whether I'll be here next weekend and if I am this time I'm deffo getting out to the Fela Kuti shrine.

Comment

Extreme longshot, but have tried to find a copy of this Neil Jordan movie for yonks. Mostly in a completionist way; I did see it in the Stella in Rathmines at the time, though just that once. Don't even think it was ever released on dvd, so really asking if anyone has a dead or living relative or friend who is a hoarder that might have a copy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_(1991_film)
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What a cracking game. ...
                                                      I was surprised Sexton kicked it away with two minutes left.
                                                      Haven't seen it yet but IMO there is no excuse for that in the professional game. It's got to be such a terrible -ev choice. How many professional teams can't put it up their jumper for 2 mins so you are basically giving control of the game away and gambling on getting a turnover that is what maybe a 5/1 shot .

Comment

Second year in a row that one of my brother in laws borrowed my electric hedge trimmer in May and kept it for the entire growing season. Think the lesson is not to loan stuff you want back.
                                                        Fool me once...

Next time just say the other guy still has it and throw your eyes to the sky secretly grinning thats it's in yer shed. You for one definitely do not was a bushy growth under your nose.

Comment

Haven't seen it yet but IMO there is no excuse for that in the professional game. It's got to be such a terrible -ev choice. How many professional teams can't put it up their jumper for 2 mins so you are basically giving control of the game away and gambling on getting a turnover that is what maybe a 5/1 shot .
                                                          Yeah it was great when it worked for Ireland in the 6ns and the lads were bollixed and Earls was lined up to go for it. Here it wasn’t on, the kick was 10 yards too far and there was no need to panic. Not Johnnys greatest game but that’s life.

Comment

Yeah it was great when it worked for Ireland in the 6ns and the lads were bollixed and Earls was lined up to go for it. Here it wasn’t on, the kick was 10 yards too far and there was no need to panic. Not Johnnys greatest game but that’s life.
                                                            Linespeed meant they couldn't generate any go forward ball, leinster look brilliant going forward but the one off runners and tighter shapes don't open any gaps when inside your own 22.

Reminded me a lot of of when Wales was being praised for defending 40 phases vs Ireland a while back but the Irish attack was useless, and never stressed them.

Best way I can describe what was needed is 3 dimensional attack, need to stretch defence both horizontally and vertically, hence why a lot of the back door options are there to pull defenders outwards, creating a gap between the blitz and jockey defence.

Any breakdown around the 15m lines makes it easy to defend, not enough space between the ruck and sideline to force defence to work around which means they can generate a lot of linespeed with square on defenders back infield.

Ideally leinster would have worked to the sideline, then tried to generate quick ball with a wider carry across the gainline, can stretch the field from there

Comment

You’re right Gordon. I was just being generous but he was poor defensively alright. Still they have a few options if he can’t get it together. I’m actually still sore we lost Cian Kelleher as he has huge potential imo.

Tbh with 3 out of 4 Irish provinces losing and Munster being poor despite winning with a bonus point I hope it’ll keep teams and supporters grounded for a while. The big edge comes as the opponents get ground up over the course of the season. We’re still a way off the All Blacks and need to understand that given an improving Scotland and South Africa facing us in the RWC. No need to be afraid but we need to be at our absolute best to do something very special.
                                                              Ridiculous overconfidence had served me so well over the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Johnny Kidnapper will be delighted to see you.

Even I got a bodyguard on my sole visit there. The big bosses got two.

When one BB queried the need (and expense) for two bodyguards he was told 'the first bodyguard is supposed to guard you, the second one is there in case he doesn't.'

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

SPOILER
                                                                  Lead instrument sounds like a synthesised trumpet.

Piece sounds like it was written to entertain people waiting on internet bingo numbers to be drawn. While they were waiting for the coffin.
                                                                  Last edited by Lazare; 21-10-18, 22:08.
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Feel like I'm the only person posting TikTok updates on here?

The app is excellent. Possibly the most refreshing internet thing I've seen since twitter first arrived.
                                                                      I haven't seen you this excited since you discovered Chaturbate.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                      I'm just surprised they got fewer right, instead of less.
                                                                      That was the first thing I thought of too. The only thing actually, I assume I'm missing some other context though.

Stannis Baratheon approves anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                        17/2 now. Worst thing about this bet is it has me thinking about voting for the gimp, and encouraging neanderthals who are considering it to go for it.
                                                                        8/1

Make sure you vote for him

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          That was the first thing I thought of too. The only thing actually, I assume I'm missing some other context though.

Stannis Baratheon approves anyway.
                                                                          I had assumed that was entirely the point about posting the picture in the first place.

Comment

No, if you keep looking you'll see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                              No, if you keep looking you'll see it.
                                                                              Am I missing something or are you overthinking this? The comments seem to suggest he's just pleased about the use of correct grammar.

Comment

I'm not sure I can be dedicated to this bit any longer lol.

Comment

Sean Gallagher under 12.5% first preference votes at 5/6 being added to my Pres bets.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                    8/1

His dog tweet was a bit mental all the same, less of that, people love dogs.

Should get back to the welfare sponges and his bigoted traveler rhetoric.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      Am I missing something or are you overthinking this? The comments seem to suggest he's just pleased about the use of correct grammar.
                                                                                      The only other thing I can think of is Hitch's oh so subtle reference to Kayroo.
                                                                                      Hi Keith!

Comment

Sounds like a normal show for turgidy, what made this one so cringy.

They had one of the cast from The Greatest Showman on singing a song, then a quick Q&A with her. They then had two people from the audience who were going to sing a song to see which one won a pass to Tayto Park and the actress had to pick a winner.

The two were hand picked and most likely applied for it. One was from an am-dram society and put on a fake beard so she would resmeble your one's character from the film. The other contestant was a lad from Kilkenny who explained how he knew how the character in the film felt and he could emphatise with the character as he was the only gay in the village back in the 80's.

They then break into Journey's 'Don't stop believing' with them singing a line each, back and forth. The lad from Kilkenny forgets one of the lines and makes a bit of a hash of it. They are both average at best singers.

The actress can't pick between them so Ryan says not only do they both get a pass to Tayto Park but the whole audience does.

At this point, I wanted somebody to shoot me.

Comment

Subscribe to the Real Time YouTube: http://itsh.bo/10r5A1BBill Maher investigates the suspicious connections between the Ruissan government and the Trump cam...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                            8/1

Una took a swipe at him in the Irish times which is bound to swing some “I hate that virtue signaling bint” voters his way.

She is high on the list of people who’s reactions I would like to see if he got in - Trumpian at its most lightweight but if enough of the libtards jump on it will be interesting to see how different we are from the us and the uk.

Comment

I do hate that una mullaly bint

Comment

Is it true or false that we get a national day of mourning if the president dies whilst in office?

Miggeldy has to be on at least the 17th fairway.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                  Is it true or false that we get a national day of mourning if the president dies whilst in office?

Miggeldy has to be on at least the 17th fairway.
                                                                                                  Patrick Hillery the only one to die in the last 30 years back in 2008 but I really don't recall a day off work. De Velara was probably a day of mourning but more so for being De Valera than being President.

Edit : Though neither was in office at the time which was your question.

Comment

1st Aid kit and the Staves on tomorrow night. Sold out of course. Been a while since I rocked up outside looking for a spare . Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      Patrick Hillery the only one to die in the last 30 years back in 2008 but I really don't recall a day off work. De Velara was probably a day of mourning but more so for being De Valera than being President.

Edit : Though neither was in office at the time which was your question.
                                                                                                      Erskine Childers died in office in the 70's I think. I believe it would be a day of mourning, but that's no good to us poor contractors.

Comment

This is pretty decent.
                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                          1st Aid kit and the Staves on tomorrow night. Sold out of course. Been a while since I rocked up outside looking for a spare . Hmmm.
                                                                                                          have you checked on toutless? might be one there

Comment

Casey now 11/2 in the betting w/o mdh market

Duffy now 8/11 for lowest first preference votes

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                              The only other thing I can think of is Hitch's oh so subtle reference to Kayroo.
                                                                                                              Hi Keith!
                                                                                                              Hey Mellor!

I haven't a fucking notion what else Tar might be referring to if that helps.

Although I am, as Hitch intimidated, absolutely wrecked tired.
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                Hey Mellor!

I haven't a fucking notion what else Tar might be referring to if that helps.

Although I am, as Hitch intimidated, absolutely wrecked tired.
                                                                                                                Intimated.

Comment

Intimated.
                                                                                                                  Kid be fuckin with his grammmer yo.

Comment

Intimated.
                                                                                                                    You say grammatical mistake, I say hilarious autocorrect.
                                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                      You say grammatical mistake, I say hilarious autocorrect.
                                                                                                                      This is the start of it, give it time and you won't even be able to finish a complete
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        Just tucking into Making A Murderer II, when did it get released? Hadn't realised it was out until this evening?
                                                                                                                        Last Friday i think. Kathleen Zellner is absolutely phenomenal, really shows up Buting and Strang's incompetence from the first season.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                          Just tucking into Making A Murderer II, when did it get released? Hadn't realised it was out until this evening?
                                                                                                                          I think no more than a week. Saw a few ads for it the last few days/weeks. Let us know if it's any good.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X