Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Why is the slogan in English?
    Maybe it works in Mandarin?
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Hendrick you knob

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Hendrick you knob
        Hendrick didn't know what was going on. Danish lad should have just kicked the ball out. Knob for not hitting the target, yes.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Hendrick you knob
          i suspect bellend is the word you're looking for.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              The B School is 100% english speaking.
              Unless there is a competing uni called blacks or your place is just racist, I don't get it.
              I mean I Obv get the oitnb nod but that's a fashion pun. I dunno rennes works there or o'rennes at that
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Summer of Astral Weeks is a fantastic doc, such a good listen.

Available on the RTE Radio One app in the podcasts section.

One take away from it that has blown my mind. They were kids. I've never thought about that before but holy fuck, such brilliance from such youth.

Accomplished professional musicians recorded it, as per Warner's rules but that college and high school band came up with that magic.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  Unless there is a competing uni called blacks or your place is just racist, I don't get it.
                  I mean I Obv get the oitnb nod but that's a fashion pun. I dunno rennes works there or o'rennes at that
                  A play on Orange is the new black.

Edit, sorry, see you've already copped that
                  Last edited by Lazare; 13-10-18, 20:44.

Comment

Mandarin is the new black.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Summer of Astral Weeks is a fantastic doc, such a good listen.
                      Richie Buckley is playing next Saturday in Arthurs. I've only witnessed him a few times, and every time was the best gig I've ever been to. http://www.arthurspub.ie/2018/10/20/

Comment

Comment

Just on a book theme, as I'm the only person here tonight. Reading the genius The Martian at the moment.

Haven't seen the movie, but how the fuck was it turned into a movie?!
                          Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                          What do you mean? Fairly simple to turn into a movie or do you thinking would be boring? I REALLY recommend the audio book

finished the selfish gene this evening, amazing book, hard to digest all at once.
                          I got my wife "sisters in law" for part of anniversary gift last week. It deals with Sandra day o Connor and Ruth Vader Ginsberg and the Supreme Court. We have both flown through it since then. Well worth a read.

Also had a very touristy day in Stockholm today, highlight being the Abba museum, they weren't joking with their tagline of "walk in, leave dancing"

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                            Richie Buckley is playing next Saturday in Arthurs. I've only witnessed him a few times, and every time was the best gig I've ever been to. http://www.arthurspub.ie/2018/10/20/
                            Love those sort of gigs.

How's the sax going for you?

Comment

Comment

They also rebranded the school from 'global' to 'cosmopolitan'. A few of us noted that cosmopolitan is either (1) the name of a cocktail, or (2) the name of a fashion magazine. They said the French think it's a cool name and brand plays well in Asia. So there we go, we're living in a weird world of international English rather than actual English.
                                They must be reading Rosling if they're appealing to the Asians.

Ahead of the game bro.
                                Last edited by Lazare; 13-10-18, 21:29. Reason: Asians, not Alans. Appealing to the Alans would be a strange niche.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Love those sort of gigs.

How's the sax going for you?
                                      Any chance you'll come along?

Still haven't gotten into a proper routine with the sax. Only started using the 'concept' mouthpiece I bought last year, last week. It's all good though, just a little slower than imagined.

Comment

Any chance you'll come along?

Still haven't gotten into a proper routine with the sax. Only started using the 'concept' mouthpiece I bought last year, last week. It's all good though, just a little slower than imagined.
                                        Might just do that. I'll pm you in a day or two if I can make it.

Re the sax, that's cool, take it slow and enjoy learning. Great that you've started. Procrastination is strong with learning an instrument, always has been with me. Mad though, once you get off your arse and play a bit it's the best thing in the world. Then the next day it's procrastination again.

Comment

Heh. Did you get through that on the break? Find it decent?
                                          75% through it. Great read. A bit repetitive at times I would say, but his peppering of cool anecdotes allays that somewhat.

Comment

Anyone follow Graham Linehan on twitter? He's been on some mad thing about transpeople for a few months now. The thing is I can never work out what side of what debate he is on?
                                            Yeah, I'm totally confused by that whole thing. Tried to figure it out once with a bit of googling. All I could think of was that Grandpa Simpson in and out gif.

Comment

Re the sax, that's cool, take it slow and enjoy learning. Great that you've started. Procrastination is strong with learning an instrument, always has been with me. Mad though, once you get off your arse and play a bit it's the best thing in the world. Then the next day it's procrastination again.
                                              The slightly annoying part is that I'm not trying to learn. I used to teach saxophone back in the 1980's. I'm only trying to get back to being as good as I was 30 years ago

Comment

Comment

Anyone follow Graham Linehan on twitter? He's been on some mad thing about transpeople for a few months now. The thing is I can never work out what side of what debate he is on?
                                                  Yeah, I'm totally confused by that whole thing. Tried to figure it out once with a bit of googling. All I could think of was that Grandpa Simpson in and out gif.

#MeToo

I think he is against rapists pretending to be trans women and has received a lot of backlash about not everyone who says they are trans are. Some are just rapists pretending

Comment

Comment

Comment

DID I SAY JOOLS

Comment

Richard III is absolutely fantastic in the Abbey. It's a 3 hour show and felt more like 1, completely engrossing from start to finish. Nice to spot Sean McGinley too, it was a welcome surprise seeing him act.

Comment

The slightly annoying part is that I'm not trying to learn. I used to teach saxophone back in the 1980's. I'm only trying to get back to being as good as I was 30 years ago
                                                            Ahh, well then it's pure procrastination. It's like anything you're out of practise of, a little bit of effort and you will be back to your best.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                              #MeToo

I think he is against rapists pretending to be trans women and has received a lot of backlash about not everyone who says they are trans are. Some are just rapists pretending
                                                              It's like Inception for SJWs.

Comment

Not sure if that makes sense.

As in, I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Something to do with levels within levels.

Comment

DID I SAY JOOLS
                                                                  The Lemon Twigs were fooking awesome, so want to see them live.

The Lemon Twigs perform Small Victories on Later… with Jools Holland on BBC Two (9 October 2018). For more performances and interviews from the show, subscri...

After rabbit holing, howya Willie, found this, these boyos are goooood...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

This band are so so good, I only spoke earlier about kids creating the world's greatest album, these guys are nippers too, the frontman is 17 ffs.

Standing on the shoulders of giants, but who doesn't? Art inspires art....

http://KEXP.ORG presents The Lemon Twigs performing live in the KEXP studio. Recorded October 27, 2016.Songs:I Wanna Prove To YouThese WordsAs Long As We're ...

Comment

Nice to see the stockmarkets having their traditional October wobbles.
                                                                      Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      Bought an S&P 500 Inverse Tracker ETF at the start of Sept and it's only in profit from this week Probably jumped too soon in terms of tying the cash up, who knows when the real decline might come, 2019, 2020, whenever.
                                                                      I sincerely hope it's just a wobble and while I don't want you to lose money I'd like to see a significant rebound before you go green in the long term
                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

And presumably just a really bad raping strategy, given how identifiable you would be.

Not such a terrible strategy if all you have to do is put on a dress, claim you are transitioning to get yourself sent to a women's prison

Its very murky water to be wading into but the feminist line seems fairly well drawn at 'You can't be a lesbian with a penis'

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ailed-for-life

Not such a terrible strategy if all you have to do is put on a dress, claim you are transitioning to get yourself sent to a women's prison

Its very murky water to be wading into but the feminist line seems fairly well drawn at 'You can't be a lesbian with a penis'
                                                                          Watched Sense8 last week (series made by the wachowskis, who Larry is now lana). I thought season 1 was very decent, and funnily enough, One of the main characters is transgender and a lesbian, and tbh it made complete sense to me. She's also played by a transgender actress so lgbtq galore

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              Some might consider themselves lesbian, others straight, others neither. I don't think sexuality should be a factor in the "which prison discussion".
                                                                              I think transgender criminals are in limbo a bit here. There should be no penises locked up in women's prison. Post op transsexual, there's a case to be made. But genetic male with a penis. Nope.

At the same time, I don't think they should be in with the ladseither (genuine cases).

I wonder how the Thai's do it.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                Watched Sense8 last week (series made by the wachowskis, who Larry is now lana). I thought season 1 was very decent, and funnily enough, One of the main characters is transgender and a lesbian, and tbh it made complete sense to me. She's also played by a transgender actress so lgbtq galore
                                                                                Season 1 is good. The concept was interesting. But they lost the run of it by the end of season 2 end. Show was cancelled. And the brought back to appease fans.

SPOILER
                                                                                the finale was filmed after it was cancelled and is a total all the "rules"
                                                                                Are thrown out the window. I found it was all a bit self-fellatio material by the end. LGBTQ for the sake of LGBTQ withoutbthe contevt from S1.

Comment

...

Comment

He might not be representative of all transgender people though.
                                                                                    Absolutely no one is saying that that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                      Season 1 is good. The concept was interesting. But they lost the run of it by the end of season 2 end. Show was cancelled. And the brought back to appease fans.

SPOILER
                                                                                      the finale was filmed after it was cancelled and is a total all the "rules"
                                                                                      Are thrown out the window. I found it was all a bit self-fellatio material by the end. LGBTQ for the sake of LGBTQ withoutbthe contevt from S1.
                                                                                      That's what I heard also re season 2 but season 1 on its own is good TV.
                                                                                      I'm bed ridden for 6 weeks after spending a week in hospital as i Finally had my op to fix my leg, so happy to watch a bit of everything.

Feel free to send any recommendations my way. Still have 4 weeks to go

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                        That's what I heard also re season 2 but season 1 on its own is good TV.
                                                                                        I'm bed ridden for 6 weeks after spending a week in hospital as i Finally had my op to fix my leg, so happy to watch a bit of everything.

Feel free to send any recommendations my way. Still have 4 weeks to go
                                                                                        The Jinx
                                                                                        Evil Genius
                                                                                        Mindhunter
                                                                                        Taskmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                          The Jinx
                                                                                          Evil Genius
                                                                                          Mindhunter
                                                                                          Taskmaster
                                                                                          Cheers. Absolutely love taskmaster. As a family, it's our favorite TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                            Richard III is absolutely fantastic in the Abbey. It's a 3 hour show and felt more like 1, completely engrossing from start to finish. Nice to spot Sean McGinley too, it was a welcome surprise seeing him act.
                                                                                            McGinley has been awful for a while now. I wonder if he's not well, because he has been totally wooden and ill at ease the last couple of times I've seen him.

Aaron Monaghan is probably my favourite Irish theatre actor and his Richard III is indeed extraordinary. Highly recommended.

Speaking of recommendations, Eagle Eye mentioned in the TV show section Mr. Inbetween. I loved it, just 6 episodes of 30 mins each.

Comment

'Blindspotting' and 'Michael Inside' are both good watches that dropped with cousins recently.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                McGinley has been awful for a while now. I wonder if he's not well, because he has been totally wooden and ill at ease the last couple of times I've seen him.

Aaron Monaghan is probably my favourite Irish theatre actor and his Richard III is indeed extraordinary. Highly recommended.
                                                                                                .
                                                                                                That's a fair point, he actually messed up 2 lines last night, had a quick pause and carried on but it was noticeable. I more meant that it was cool to see him live cos being from Kerry, fellas like him were only ever seen on telly.

Comment

I've two OnePlus phones for sale 5/5t on Adverts if you're interested or know anybody that is drop me a line.
                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

...

Comment

This is some photo...

Very briefly dated a granddaughter of one of them. Had already decided I was taking her name.

Comment

This is just outstanding

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

...

Comment

It's very dark.
                                                                                                            It always feels like that when the DUP are on the news.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Saw Dave Chappelle and Jon Stewart last night. Really good show, both did their stand up sets and then when chappelle was finished Stewart came out and they took questions from the audience and just bounced off each other for another 45 minutes or so. Worth seeing if you have the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Very briefly dated a granddaughter of one of them. Had already decided I was taking her name.
                                                                                                                Must have been a Haughey so.

Any ortolans?
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...Meghan Markle preggers,fuck she's sexy...

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                                    Saw Dave Chappelle and Jon Stewart last night. Really good show, both did their stand up sets and then when chappelle was finished Stewart came out and they took questions from the audience and just bounced off each other for another 45 minutes or so. Worth seeing if you have the chance.
                                                                                                                    Heading on Wednesday. Was originally going to see one of my favourite bands (Low) and was persuaded otherwise by a mate "You're fucking going to what instead of Chapelle you fucking moron?"

He had a point

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                      ...Meghan Markle preggers,fuck she's sexy...
                                                                                                                      what an odd sentence

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                        Heading on Wednesday. Was originally going to see one of my favourite bands (Low) and was persuaded otherwise by a mate "You're fucking going to what instead of Chapelle you fucking moron?"

He had a point
                                                                                                                        I love me some chapelle but it's hard to know how the main crux of his work about the journey of black men or indeed the black experience in white America plays live in Dublin.
                                                                                                                        I'd actually be interested if he changed material to suit the audience as I know stewart wont. He's preaching to the converted anyway mostly.

In short, I'm insanely jealous I'm not going to this gig

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          I love me some chapelle but it's hard to know how the main crux of his work about the journey of black men or indeed the black experience in white America plays live in Dublin.
                                                                                                                          I'd actually be interested if he changed material to suit the audience as I know stewart wont. He's preaching to the converted anyway mostly.

In short, I'm insanely jealous I'm not going to this gig
                                                                                                                          Off the top of my head he talked about heroin epidemic in rust belt, punching a lesbian, being broke vs poor, experience of buying a gun and then a bit about kanye at the end comparing him to Jack Johnson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X