Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Nothing booked but I'd happily go. Could be the making of a great night. Tis a Sunday. Late Sunday Roast in Fire (it's excellent), few G&T's and vino, home after the gig. Be Ideal.
    Sounds like a plan. I’ll start a thread in the community forum to gauge interest. Santa jumpers optional.

Okay so if anyone is interested in getting on board this train I've started a thread here.
    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 09-10-18, 09:23.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Was having a bit of fun trolling a young wan who is very invested in it for the last few weeks but the amusing went out of it with that result!

Not saying he is the start of it but Trump is the malignant tumor eating aw3ay at democracy. This is what you get when you enable pure hatred and malice, WP enablers.
      tbh, there is a worrying rise of right wing populism across the globe.
      I wouldn't lay it all on trumps doorstep, just that the far right have adopted data to influence voters much better than their competitors.
      Remember, Brexit happened before Trump was elected.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Breast cancer awareness day in work All the women attending meetings etc. The silence is golden . They don't seem to be aware that men can develop it also. But the silence...

Comment

I remember the good auld Budget Days, where you would take off to the pub and watch Noonan gravely intone how much of a terrible beating he was going to inflict on us.

It might have been painful but it was a good sweat.

Mickey Mouse stuff now.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            I remember the good auld Budget Days, where you would take off to the pub and watch Noonan gravely intone how much of a terrible beating he was going to inflict on us.

Mickey Mouse stuff now.
            Emergency budgets of Brian Lenihan in '09 & '10 were the best fun surely?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              Emergency budgets of Brian Lenihan in '09 & '10 were the best fun surely?
              This.

It was total slash and burn stuff. You were just like 'break out the nipple clamps Brian I'm ready for the pain'.

I still enjoy them these days but it's more the nostalgia for a more sado-masochistic time in our storied history.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                tbh, there is a worrying rise of right wing populism across the globe.
                I wouldn't lay it all on trumps doorstep, just that the far right have adopted data to influence voters much better than their competitors.
                Remember, Brexit happened before Trump was elected.
                That's exactly what I'm saying he is just the most outrageous instance of it but his rise being so prominent and so full of hatred and bile has given permission to the nastiest elements to crawl out from under their rocks.
                Heading towards a very scary time, history shows us that this genie does not get put back into its bottle until after the wars they feed.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Are Diesel and home heating oil going to go up today?

Comment

Nope. By all accounts they have backed down on planned carbon tax increases

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      This.

It was total slash and burn stuff. You were just like 'break out the nipple clamps Brian I'm ready for the pain'.

I still enjoy them these days but it's more the nostalgia for a more sado-masochistic time in our storied history.
                      The 2010 Budget was BBV-covered here.

Good fun!

Comment

They 100% should but they won't.

Comment

Sounds like diesel will go up a little on excise alright but will still be nowhere near parity with petrol.

Comment

Comment

Was minutes away from booking flights for the cup final last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                Couldn't stop the mighty blues from getting back into Europe though.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                  Couldn't stop the mighty blues from getting back into Europe though.
                                  aaahhh.... probably get knocked out by some Moldovan fruit pickers collective in the first qualifying round, the Blaaahhhh eating, Swindon reserves rejected, surrender monkeys that they are

Comment

This has been on limited release in cinemas in USA

The Trump Prophecy is the story of Fireman Mark Taylor and what he heard God tell him about America, Israel and the world.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbqAcDDnb1Q
                                      lol.

Christinsanity
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Bookies getting rekt if I heard that right?

Comment

3,500 screens!
                                          Madness altogether
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Bookies getting rekt if I heard that right?
                                            that's big I'd guess if true.

I'm sure it's already been loopholed

Comment

Gavin Duffy's spot on SOR today was insane. And I couldn't make it through Gallagher 60 second pitch as it was too much cringe. I couldn't believe at the weekend that Twee was only 1/6 thought he should be 1/20.
                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-10-18, 13:35.

Comment

When the Jews return to Zion
                                                and a comet rips the sky
                                                and the Holy Roman Empire rises
                                                Then you and I must die
                                                From eternal sea he rises
                                                Creating armies on either shore
                                                Turning man against his brother
                                                Til man exists no more

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  Gavin Duffy's spot on SOR today was insane. And I couldn't make it through Gallagher 60 second pitch as it was too much cringe. I couldn't believe at the weekend that Twee was only 1/6 thought he should be 1/20.
                                                  Duffy would be my pick of the dragons and not a fan a shimmer or Joan freeman. Bookies can’t have them all as 60-1 shots.

Tough not to stick down mickey d back in for another term. He didn’t really stack up well against the Mary’s but fairly easy field.

Comment

Mickey Mouse stuff now.
                                                    The much-flagged fiver a week is pretty much the deal across the board.

Although why you would be increasing the dole by a fiver when the economy is nearing full employment....

Comment

The much-flagged fiver a week is pretty much the deal across the board.

Although why you would be increasing the dole by a fiver when the economy is nearing full employment....
                                                      Costs less than it did a few years back and nice optics when your arguing with ppb at election time. The savings been made from people not using the training available probably mean that the money was there anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        Stream TodaySOR | Gavin Duffy - Presidential Candidate by RTÉ Radio 1 on desktop and mobile. Play over 320 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.

A great listen. Essential in fact

Comment

Apparently I went to school with him at some stage in the 70's but I have absolutely no recollection of him even hearing there that he the changed his name from Liam isn't helping

Comment

Nice no work if you can get it
                                                            Attached Files

Comment

You can get it, you just have to lose your job.

Comment

Really makes no sense.

Even politically - long term dolites will never vote FG anyway so why do this?

Pensioners at least might throw you a few votes. This just feels like a kick aimed at workers.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                  Costs less than it did a few years back and nice optics when your arguing with ppb at election time. The savings been made from people not using the training available probably mean that the money was there anyway.
                                                                  PBP and FG aren't shopping in the same store.

Comment

Really makes no sense.

Even politically - long term dolites will never vote FG anyway so why do this?

Pensioners at least might throw you a few votes. This just feels like a kick aimed at workers.
                                                                    Are long term dole types noted high probability voters anyway? Seems unlikely.

Comment

If you have twins you get a 50% bonus per child per month

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

PBP and FG aren't shopping in the same store.
                                                                            Not in terms of getting the votes from them but in debates it gives you something to throw back and stop them soap boxing about the 2 tier Ireland and how the govt has forgotten them.

The spend on dole and related training inicitives is massively reduced anyway so we are coming out ahead.

Big enough that middle class people can believe a lot is being done to salve our guilt but not big enough that we see it as being a big enough cost that it will annoy us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              If you have twins you get a 50% bonus per child per month
                                                                              Probably deserve that one tbf.

Couple three doors down have triplets. They've aged about 20 years in 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                Thats one of fundamental problems right there - trying to win everyone's vote, when anyone voting pbp are never voting FG/FF/ or even Lab. Anyone unemployed right now is choosing to be unemployed.
                                                                                Absolutely and they are not chasing these votes more just doing enough to point the righteous indignation elsewhere during debates. Push that shit to FF and labour who made the cuts initially.

Comment

...

Comment

The scandal of this budget is pouring the guts of another billion a year into healthcare. That organisation fundamentally cannot use its money well - it's the highest public financed healthcare system in Europe and it can't even do basic things like ensure timely cancer and heart diagnoses. Feeding it money is a disaster as just means they'll keep on wasting it without solving why they are wasting it.

Cutting hospitals and building bigger hospitals being the main thing that's needed to be done. Financing more managers needed also in a massive way. Growing nurse numbers, as is planned, is madness - there's already most nurses in Europe per capita, there's just no-one to either tell them what to do, or they just don't want to do it.

The health increase this year is about same is raising higher rate of tax threshold to about €40,000. It's a real serious cost that will never stop sucking up resources until it is fixed.
                                                                                    I suppose they will say they need to allocate extra funds to deliver on this Slaintecare plan?

I have no clue if that plan is any use but everyone seems to be fairly positive about it...

Comment

Are long term dole types noted high probability voters anyway? Seems unlikely.
                                                                                      They all smoke, money comes straight back in excise anyway.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        They all smoke, money comes straight back in excise anyway.
                                                                                        ...and back out in health costs.

We really need to do something drastic in relation to self-inflicted health costs.

Mandatory checkup p.a.: if you pass some simple fitness tests, you get a tax break. A decent one - like a 3k credit. If you can't, GTFO this year and the government will help you with a plan to pass next year.

Comment

Woulda thought they cost the state less

Objective To study the net economic effect of smoking on society.

Design Prospective cohort study.

Setting Eastern Finland.

Patients We studied mortality, paid income and tobacco taxes, and the cumulative costs due to pensions and medical care among tobacco smoking and non-smoking individuals in a 27-year prospective cohort study of 1976 men from Eastern Finland. These individuals were 54–60 years old at the beginning of the follow-up.

Main outcome measures The net contribution of smoking versus non-smoking individuals to public finance balance (euros).

Results Smoking was associated with a greater mean annual healthcare cost of €1600 per living individual during follow-up. However, due to a shorter lifespan of 8.6 years, smokers’ mean total healthcare costs during the entire study period were actually €4700 lower than for non-smokers. For the same reason, each smoker missed 7.3 years (€126 850) of pension. Overall, smokers’ average net contribution to the public finance balance was €133 800 greater per individual compared with non-smokers. However, if each lost quality adjusted life year is considered to be worth €22 200, the net effect is reversed to be €70 200 (€71.600 when adjusted with propensity score) per individual in favour of non-smoking.

Conclusions Smoking was associated with a moderate decrease in healthcare costs, and a marked decrease in pension costs due to increased mortality. However, when a monetary value for life years lost was taken into account, the beneficial net effect of non-smoking to society was about €70 000 per individual.

Comment

@ Collie/SP and any other Astral Weeks fans. There's a documentary airing this Saturday at 2pm on RTE radio 1 called 'The week of Astral Weeks' that sounds like it will be really good.

Comment

...

Comment

7 hours is optimum for me. Can survive well enough on a little over 6 too.

Comment

my schedule is very fractured, generally in bed between 1 and 3 on work nights, wake up between 5 & 6 and then go back asleep until 9ish. I have time during the day to float about at a slower than normal pace though

Comment

Seamless move from Astral Weeks to Astral Weeks. 6 for me and I'm ready to rule the world. Only get 5 mostly. Insomniactoddler

Comment

About five days in a row of getting into bed with eight hours sleep on the agenda. Amazing (or maybe not) how much extra energy it gives you during the day.

I know zuut insists on his minimum 9 hours of sleep a night, but would anyone habitually get by on a lot less sleep? Find the usual six hours to be an absolute killer by about day 3 in a week.
                                                                                                      Works on 90 minute sleep cycles for most people

4.5;6;7.5;9 etc, anything in middle breaks up the cycle, hence feeling tired

Its why a long nap can keep you up for half the night

The 8 hour sleep thing probably takes into account time getting to sleep and a slow wake up

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        7 hours is optimum for me. Can survive well enough on a little over 6 too.
                                                                                                        One of the issues with lack of sleep is that people don't realise they are affected and how. Id say there are very few people actually ok on 7 hours sleep

Read "why we sleep"

Comment

About five days in a row of getting into bed with eight hours sleep on the agenda. Amazing (or maybe not) how much extra energy it gives you during the day.

I know zuut insists on his minimum 9 hours of sleep a night, but would anyone habitually get by on a lot less sleep? Find the usual six hours to be an absolute killer by about day 3 in a week.
                                                                                                          MrsKayroo recently gave birth to KayJunior. As such my previous monk like regime of 6 hours a night has been fractured into a thousand tiny moments of falling asleep randomly whenever and wherever possible.
                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'm a 8 hr gal 8.5 perfect. When I set alarm and see anything below 8 I'm very disappointed.

Once a month I try squeeze in a 10 hr and it's fucking brill.
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I regularly function on around 6 although at weekends, I have the luxury of a lie-in so may get 8-9 twice a week.

Think I read somewhere before that the two nights of decent hours of sleep is no good and that it takes the body a good chunk of time of getting 8 regularly to get into the swing of things

Comment

Ffs just set my alarm.... Very disappointed. Night
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

LOL
                                                                                                                  So you don't see how post fight antics, categorising an ultra violent entertainment product as a sport and ignoring the violent criminal behaviour of the biggest name promoters of the business are all related.
                                                                                                                  Hmmmm.
                                                                                                                  SP you don't like the sport – which is your choice. But as with other topics you've a distaste for, you are incapable or unwilling (I can’t tell which) of having a adult discussion regarding it.

It’s a sport, claiming it’s not doesn’t really help you appear reasonable. By violent criminal behaviour are you referring to the bus incident? McGregor was arrested and charged, appeared in court, plead guilty and was sentenced. I can excuse the ignorance, as you are hardly reading up on MMA news regularly.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Mellor; 10-10-18, 10:28.

Comment

I'm pretty insistent on getting 8 hours a night after working nights in BF & playing poker regularly with irregular sleep and realising how poor my health was relative to how I was in NZ. It took me such a long time to re-adjust to eating, training, sleeping & general mood.

Why We Sleep compounded the idea that you need the 8 hours, it's obviously hard to stick to religiously though. Currently, I wake around 5.30am and fall asleep around 9.30-10pm so it's not too bad.

Comment

I read it in a book Mr Fawlty

Comment

Congrats to the Kayroos. I bet the kid will keep the missus on her toes . Boom boom tish.

Comment

Between working night shifts and playing poker, i've been a 0-4 hours of sleep person for about 10 years. In the past year, it's stretched to 4-5 every night, but a little less if i play a session and go deep. I get a midday slump if i do <4 hours sleep like i used to, but 5 does the job now.

I'll head to bed between 12-2 most nights and watch something if i'm not tired, and then up at 6-6.20 every morning. Weekends vary, but a similar amount of sleep. Not ideal in any way, but a longer sleep time usually results in a broken sleep or restlessness.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X